Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Need Your Advise Please.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Need Your Advise Please.. (1192 Views)

Advise Please! My Cousin Who Is A Lawyer Wants To Get Married To An Illiterate.. / Advise Please On How To Handle Her: Picture. / He's Just Too Nice, I Need Your Advise Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advise Please.. by affigurl5(f): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2015
I've been dating this guy for six years and he does't talk about settling down. ive put pressure on him; and discovered he's just a mummy's boy who is so dependent on the family and scared of leaving them. I decided to move on, met someone else who has all a woman wants in a man. kind, caring, listener, goal getter, independent, matured in mind and capable of making decisions. we fell in love and he's started discussing our future together.We've dated for just two months and it's like we've known each other all our lives... no pretense, just real and open. the mum wants him to get a wife as he's the first son. he feels i'm the only gurl that understands him, he's told the mum; who is in the east about me.

the bad news is.. we both went for a medical test and found out we are both AS.. i'm 31 please what do i do...been crying my heart out embarassed embarassed
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Freakypinky(f): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2015
Save yourself of the agony of baring and nurturing a sickle cell anaemic child.
Better you cry now and enjoy a pain free futire my dear.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by ewaski(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2015
never loose hope my dear,your husband is on the way
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Wooooooooh. Speechless. My little advice. Take it to God in prayers. There's Notin He can't fix
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
Abeg marry the dude if you wanna. Can adopt a child or risk bearing one child firstt. Cus u guys are a AS doesn't mean u can't have healthy kids.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2015
damn!! cry Both As! sad

Anyways...My Mom n Dad are Both AS tho...cry They kinda wasn't aware of the Risks back then...They were All teenagers in Love...Buh God being Faithful and all....his kids Are Both AA's....undecided *Me and my bro*? smiley

I'm nuh saying You should jump into the marriage tho...Just saying, sometimes you could be lucky...cry Anyways...Good luck!

I'm sure God would find a way...somehow...maybe y'all Ain't just made to be together...embarassed

Life's A Biatch.....angry
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
What else is there to do than walk away?

If you think you're in agony now, wait till you marry this guy, have kids with him, and watch your kids suffer and eventually die.

Then you'll know the definition of agony!

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by POWEROFPEACE(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
The is a probability when it comes to gene manipulations and expressions. The test does not mean you must give birth to an SS but it is wise to be on a safer side.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2015
Mummy's boy angry
I've dated one of those before. sad

Personally, if I ever get to fall in love with someone who doesn't match me medically, I'll still go ahead and be with him and forget about kids.
Adoption is always an option.
Even if I eventually get kids of my own in the future, I'll still adopt a child.

I know that you'll still want to have kids of your own. Just talk to him and you guys should come to a conclusion about what you'll do.
BTW, I heard there's a permanent cure for Sickle cell patients undecided

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by DiegoNakel(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2015
Speechless, I feel your pain !!!
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by coldHeat: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
If you can afford a bone marrow transplant, by all means carry on and marry him. Current breakthrough in science tells us this is now very possible.

If you can afford the emotional strain and unbearable pain that comes with seeing your children enduring a crisis, looking them in the eyes and seeing their question "Why are u and daddy making me go through this?" mingled with a pain that cataflam cannot mask, and having to always live in fear of their death, by all means marry him. You have 1 in 4 chances of having a sickle cell child, with another 2 unable to marry whoever they would love to because they are hybrid carriers, naturally resistant to malaria (if you happen to give birth to 4 offspring)

If you have a faith as small as a mustard seed, potent enough to provoke the Hand of the Ghost of All that is Holy to alter the natural order of the genotype of your children, by all means marry him. In this lifetime I have two friends who's genotypes were altered because they believed the Power of and that is God cannot squat with the genetical evolutionary mishap that is sickle cell, and niw their blood type is AA. I say this not to lie, but to shamelessly promote the ideology that what you believe works for you...

So my dear, make your choice, its really about what you can afford and accept as your solution to your challenge.

But if you lack the resources to afford any of the afore mentioned, may I humbly suggest you call it quits and wait for someone you are compatible with.

But whatever u do marry a man and not a child, you deserve better as a lady.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by socrateez(m): 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2015
I believe you know what to do.

If you need a confirmation from nairaland then I confirm that you walk away.

Face the reality today, don't postpone the evil day because it will surely come.

This experience will be a pain for a short time.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by boxer022(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2015
My Sister your story is a painful one. I will advice you not to continue with the marriage as it is very risky. According to genetics if you have 4 children the last one will be an SS patient. Please do not continue with the marriage. Don't risk your life and happiness as it us not worth it.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by mymissingrib(m): 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
u could take d risk at u neva know what life has in stock;there is a probability dat all ur children may b AS or d other way round;life is all about risk
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Isomerizm(m): 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
Take the risk abeg. the chances of you birthing AS kids isn't more than 25%. Whereas, the chances of you getting another spouse as this is less than 25%.

Meanwhile, UI just invented the cure for sickle cell. smiley

All the best.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by darlingtonVII(m): 10:54pm On Oct 30, 2015
IamBae:
Mummy's boy angry
I've dated one of those before. sad

Personally, if I ever get to fall in love with someone who doesn't match me medically, I'll still go ahead and be with him and forget about kids.
Adoption is always an option.
Even if I eventually get kids of my own in the future, I'll still adopt a child.

I know that you'll still want to have kids of your own. Just talk to him and you guys should come to a conclusion about what you'll do.
BTW, I heard there's a permanent cure for Sickle cell patients undecided
why are you doing this?
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2015
darlingtonVII:
why are you doing this?
Doing what?
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by affigurl5(f): 2:19pm On Nov 02, 2015
I really thank you all for your warm advise. really appreciate. ive accepted my faith and choose to let go; but the tears wouldn't stop running. He in turn wouldn't want to let go, it keeps making me feel that God has a reason for bringing us together.. embarassed
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by boxer022(m): 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
affigurl5:
I really thank you all for your warm advise. really appreciate. ive accepted my faith and choose to let go; but the tears wouldn't stop running. He in turn wouldn't want to let go, it keeps making me feel that God has a reason for bringing us together.. embarassed
Please my sister since you have decided to let go do not allow anything to make you change your decision. God brought you together so that you will feel love but not to get married as it is very risky.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Fourwinds: 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Anyss:
Wooooooooh. Speechless. My little advice. Take it to God in prayers. There's Notin He can't fix
hmmmm.. see d way I take dey look u..

instead of advising her to take heart and look for some else who will be compactable with her and AA., u are here talking about prayers..Ok perform d miracle to change AS to AA...
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 02, 2015
Fourwinds:
hmmmm.. see d way I take dey look u..

instead of advising her to take heart and look for some else who will be compactable with her and AA., u are here talking about prayers..Ok perform d miracle to change AS to AA...

Heheheh. Whr u c me Wey u day look me? So telling ha to take heart is beta Dan advising her to talk to God? Ahcantbuhlivdis
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by affigurl5(f): 3:05pm On Nov 03, 2015
Thanks dear.
Re: Need Your Advise Please.. by affigurl5(f): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2015
boxer022:
Please my sister since you have decided to let go do not allow anything to make you change your decision. God brought you together so that you will feel love but not to get married as it is very risky.
thanks dear.

(1) (Reply)

Hillarious Question Of The Week! / How Lover Boy Killed Girl Friend In Acid Attack / Some Ppl Sha >:(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.