Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch (29745 Views)

BREAKING!! Buhari Receives Heavy Knocks In EU Parliament Over Biafra (see Video) / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Business Slows Down For Charter Airlines (Punch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by ODUBEZE: 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2015
onlinebizinfo:

A job that is not done thoroughly is not done.
Don't mind them. Let them keep deceiving themselves. Nigerians are wiser!
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Mollydee88: 12:37pm On Oct 31, 2015
You are either one his corrupt beneficiaries OR you have just refused to clear your 'biased' eyes & ears from reality..
wachakuta:
If u r a serious Nigerian and u what make e better for dis Con3... Never take d PUNCH and VANGUARD news serious...

They now pick their stories from twitter n facebook
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by godox2(m): 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2015
MRSALT:

Dear, I know you want to be patriotic and I believe that you are sincere in your analysis, honestly, a good leader is one who achieved a lot with a meagre resource. It has happened in many countries. I can only mention Singapore, Malaysia and South Korea. Our amiable president has no reason to fail if he had a good economic team and with the guts to fight corruption holistically.
I now know the kind of person I am dealing with. You are a good person not as ur earlier coments potrayed. Infact with your kind of person, I see a great country of our dream. Let's keep praying and saying positive things about our Leaders and country. Remember words are powerful.
God bless us all IJN.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by porka: 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
pdp is worst than a scam, ur clueless corrupt gej were protecting both pdp and apc criminals, every single soul in pdp are corrupt plus few apc, what stop efcc under gej to witch hunt his opponent like sylva and prince audu, if every govt witch hunt their opponent, fight against corruption wil be half solve, plssssss my PMB, witch hunt everyone in pdp both d saint and d devil.

[size=13pt]They were being prosecuted at different courts by the EFCC.

Until suddenly, Sylva's case was withdrawn by the Attorney General's office, soon after Buhari was sworn in.

While Audu has been rewarded with an APC governorship ticket, ostensibly to tamper with evidence (i.e. vital documents and witnesses) of his own prosecution, if he is elected and sworn in as governor.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Enahi(f): 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Jesusloveyou: 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]They were being prosecuted at different courts by the EFCC.

Until suddenly, Sylva's case was withdrawn by the Attorney General's office, soon after Buhari was sworn in.

While Audu has been rewarded with an APC governorship ticket, ostensibly to tamper with evidence (i.e. vital documents and witnesses) of his own prosecution, if he is elected and sworn in as governor.[/size]
sylva and audu has be out of office since how many years, and ur clueless corrupt gej lack d will,d moral and integrity to send them to jail, he was busy stealing his own, and now PMB wants to be busy send his opponent to jail,because he don't have that time to steal. Guy dis is d beginning of Ur wailing, cheer-up

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by ernecy(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Try to be reasonable here, when he is done with fighting corruption and manipulating the judicary so that his party will control most states, there won't be any opposition party again where the masses will fall to checkmate them and i dont see him fighting corruption against his party members. When this is achievied, there will be only one political party, even if you later see them as corrupt, you ve no choice bt to vote for them. If u don't they will still win cos the now ve the system under their control. You will only have an oppostion party when the members of (Apc) not the masses start getting tired of the party due to their selfish interest jst like PDP. The system will keep on moving in cycle and the masses keep suffering. I pity this country.
You are so on point
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
Ameeeeeeeen
godox2:

I de FYN bross, make we keep the light burning pls. We shall reach the other side IJN.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by porka: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
godox2:

Sorry about the card, do you believe that one day you will be the president of our great country? If yes, what will you do if you were handed over the country, the way it was handed over to PMB, bearing in mind that, Nig Economy is largely depnding on oil, the oil price crashed to one third of what it use to be, left virtually empty treasury, deliberately, by your predesasor and co, for you to fail and all other Economic damages as inherited by PMB? I just want to have an idea of, how you can achieve those goals you set for PMB within this period.

[size=13pt]We won't tire responding to your many lame excuses after the fact.

No one set any goals for Buhari. He used his own hands and head to carry his current load.

He was aware that the 'treasury was virtually empty' long before contesting. He was aware that the crude oil price was seriously going down. Indeed, he boasted then of his super 'knowledge' of the oil sector, having served as a federal commissioner for petroleum under Obasanjo in the late '80s. He said he would 'stabilize' world oil price.

Of the 'virtually empty treasury', he boasted that he would retrieve the $20b that Sanusi said is missing, collect all the 'stolen' money and 'block' all revenue leakages including crude oil theft.

We heard that he started 'receiving' money back to the treasury with his 'body language' even before taking over. He traveled to the US and came back with the 'news' that not only will Nigeria's $150b 'stolen' money be returned, they've actually handed over to him the list of the 'corrupt' past government officials and their bank accounts.

But, just a few months into his administration, it doesn't seem the treasury is anywhere near 'virtually full'. And the situation is so precarious now that he admitted that some of his ministers have been employed just to sit around.

For a superman president like that, don't you think it's not out of place if people demand that he brings out his wand and perform the promised magic? [/size]

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by billyG(m): 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
So wetin u want us to do?to go & die?we hav been tired of hearing this broken record noise cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by godox2(m): 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2015
Enahi:

Seriously I am very disappointed in Buhari based on the fact He has come out more than once for the Presidency, I expected he would have listed out and mapped out ways he hopes to manage the Country as the President.

If I were to be in his shoes right now I wont focus on Oil anymore, he should look at other sectors of the Country.

Buhari should also stop the importation of goods into the Country, Nigeria should be an exporting Country. Nigeria should look for markets that will be willing to patronise products, other countries are making so much money from Us but we are sincerely not making anything from them.

Buhari should give out loans to Youths to starlt Businesses to reduce unemployment to an extent.

Buhari should make Agriculture enticing to the Youths, so after graduating from the University there wont have to roam the streets searching endlessly for a job.

Buhari can also set up free vocational centers allover the Country to help the Children of the poor whose parents cant afford to see them through School.

The Power sector is another way the Federal Government can make money, Buhari should please work on this sector and chase out the cabals importing Generators into the Country. I know Oil marketers wouldn't want stable Electricity as well because millions of Nigerians will not have any need to buy Fuel and Diesel.

To be continued brb
Beautifu all these are ways of diversifying the economy. I want you to remember that, money from rubber, cocoa, groundnut, timber, cotton,skin ....were used to develop the oil sector. After that, ALL these source of income were neglected, for over 4 decades now. Can you fix those mean of income within a year without money?
He has been contesting but this time is just like a surprise package. He need a a THOROUGH knowledge of how MDAs were operating, before apointing ministers to avoid stories.
I believe in God and trust this govt will deliver. Try and get your voters card now, 2019 we will all suprise them if they didn't perfom.
Bross you know what, the north are politically powerful because they dont joke with election, in terms of registration and voting they can close shops, stay without food, under the sun and in the rain. Thank God the south and xtians are now coming up. Mobilise as many as possible to obtain thirs.
I love your posts that were without insult.
God bless us all.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Whoever thinks he is there to fight corruption is a big joke of a human being! He is a scam! Smh...
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Jesusloveyou: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
Enahi:

Seriously I am very disappointed in Buhari based on the fact He has come out more than once for the Presidency, I expected he would have listed out and mapped out ways he hopes to manage the Country as the President.

If I were to be in his shoes right now I wont focus on Oil anymore, he should look at other sectors of the Country.

Buhari should also stop the importation of goods into the Country, Nigeria should be an exporting Country. Nigeria should look for markets that will be willing to patronise products, other countries are making so much money from Us but we are sincerely not making anything from them.

Buhari should give out loans to Youths to starlt Businesses to reduce unemployment to an extent.

Buhari should make Agriculture enticing to the Youths, so after graduating from the University there wont have to roam the streets searching endlessly for a job.

Buhari can also set up free vocational centers allover the Country to help the Children of the poor whose parents cant afford to see them through School.

The Power sector is another way the Federal Government can make money, Buhari should please work on this sector and chase out the cabals importing Generators into the Country. I know Oil marketers wouldn't want stable Electricity as well because millions of Nigerians will not have any need to buy Fuel and Diesel.

To be continued brb
did PMB tell u, he don't have plan for all sectors? Why don't u advice ur clueless corrupt gej for 6yrs, and u want PMB to start actualising his plan of 4yrs within 3months, u must still be a kid for mis-yawning like dis, d jobless people should stop roaming D Street within 3months, u wil start harvesting d agricultural products u just planted yesterday, u can see how mumu u are

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Enahi(f): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
godox2:

Beautifu all these are ways of diversifying the economy. I want you to remember that, money from rubber, cocoa, groundnut, timber, cotton,skin ....were used to develop the oil sector. After that, ALL these source of income were neglected, for over 4 decades now. Can you fix those mean of income within a year without money?
He has been contesting but this time is just like a surprise package. He need a a THOROUGH knowledge of how MDAs were operating, before apointing ministers to avoid stories.
I believe in God and trust this govt will deliver. Try and get your voters card now, 2019 we will all suprise them if they didn't perfom.
Bross you know what, the north are politically powerful because they dont joke with election, in terms of registration and voting they can close shops, stay without food, under the sun and in the rain. Thank God the south and xtians are now coming up. Mobilise as many as possible to obtain thirs.
I love your posts that were without insult.
God bless us all.

Thank you, I am a lady not a man. smiley
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Enahi(f): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
did PMB tell u, he don't have plan for all sectors? Why don't u advice ur clueless corrupt gej for 6yrs, and u want PMB to start actualising his plan of 4yrs within 3months, u must still be a kid for mis-yawning like dis, d jobless people should stop roaming D Street within 3months, u wil start harvesting d agricultural products u just planted yesterday, u can see how mumu u are

Hi Dumbo my comment wasn't for you ok.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by porka: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
sylva and audu has be out of office since how many years, and ur clueless corrupt gej lack d will,d moral and integrity to send them to jail, he was busy stealing his own, and now PMB wants to be busy send his opponent to jail,because he don't have that time to steal. Guy dis is d beginning of Ur wailing, cheer-up

[size=13pt]You don't have basic understanding.

President's don't send people to jail. They don't have such powers. The judiciary convicts.

What presidents do is exercise the executive powers to investigate and prosecute in the courts. The accused is accorded his rights to answer to the charges. The courts proclaim a guilty or not guilty verdict.

Sylva's case was withdrawn from court when Buhari took over. Audu's case has been running since he left office in '03. He has not been allowed to clear his name or convicted before being rewarded with a governorship ticket.

Plus Debo Adeniran is saying that he has been sending his petition on Fashola and Mrs Adeosun to the EFCC for years now. He said he compiled them and sent to Buhari himself being a 'no-nonsense New Sherrif in Town' without any response.

Does it not make sense if these gentlemen/woman are questioned like everyone?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Jesusloveyou: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
Enahi:

Hi Dumbo my comment wasn't for you ok.
oh is for ur fellow mumu that wil not correct u when u mis-yawn

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by godox2(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2015
Enahi:

Thank you, I am a lady not a man. smiley
Sorry, thanks nd Brgds.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by godox2(m): 1:53pm On Oct 31, 2015
[quote author=Jesusloveyou post=39548092]oh is for ur fellow mumu that wil not correct u when u mis-y
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Jesusloveyou: 2:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
porka:

You don't have basic understanding.

President's don't send people to jail. They don't have such powers. The judiciary convicts.

What presidents do is exercise the executive powers to investigate and prosecute in the courts. The accused is accorded his rights to answer to the charges. The courts proclaim a guilty or not guilty verdict.

Sylva's case was withdrawn from court when Buhari took over. Audu's case has been running since he left office in '03. He has not been allowed to clear his name or convicted before being rewarded with a governorship ticket.

Plus Debo Adeniran is saying that he has been sending his petition on Fashola and Mrs Adeosun to the EFCC for years now. He said he compiled them and sent to Buhari himself being a 'no-nonsense New Sherrif in Town' without any response.

Does it not make sense if these gentlemen/woman are questioned like everyone?
buhari withdrew sylva's case, how and when, sylva's case that was withdraw before may 29th, since d executive has no power to jail anybody according to u, so why d wailing that PMB is using d judiciary to witch hunt d opposition, if buhari is using efcc to witch hunt pdp, why didn't gej use d same efcc to witch apc, is too late to cry,

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Obiwiz(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
The previous regime might have been corrupt, no doubt. But dey never put down dia feet to steal our liberty and freedom. But, right from the presidential campaign days, I sensed dis new regime was on a mandate to be corrupt and also snatch our liberty and freedom. And it's playing out now. Opposition is being stifled. We're tending towards a one-party nation. Most Nigerians aren't discerning enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by porka: 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
buhari withdrew sylva's case, how and when, sylva's case that was withdraw before may 29th, since d executive has no power to jail anybody according to u, so why d wailing that PMB is using d judiciary to witch hunt d opposition, if buhari is using efcc to witch hunt pdp, why didn't gej use d same efcc to witch apc, is too late to cry,

[size=13pt]Small boy. They've scammed you sufficiently.

Below is how even a Buhari supporting blog reported what happened on the 3rd day of Buhari's administration.

Won ti gba e. [/size]

http://saharareporters.com/2015/06/01/shocker-dpp-withdraws-graft-charges-against-ex-governor-timipre-sylva

Shocker As DPP Withdraws Graft Charges Against Ex-Governor Timipre Sylva

BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK

JUN 01, 2015

Officials of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) today clashed in a Federal Court with Nigeria’s Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) as the DPP showed up in court to quash corruption charges against former Governor Timipre Sylva of Bayelsa State. The legal drama also had political ramifications as some observers pointed to the event as a reversal of President Muhammadu Buhari’s campaign promise to fight corruption. 

A lawyer representing the DPP, O.J. Nnadi, who is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), shocked the courtroom audience Monday as he moved a motion asking Justice E.S. Chukwu of the Federal High Court in Abuja to dismiss all the charges against the former governor. One lawyer in court told SaharaReporters that today’s incident “marks a disappointing abandonment by the new Muhammadu Buhari-led administration of its avowed policy of fighting corruption.” According to the lawyer, “Nigerians are going to view this development as a kind of political reward by the APC [All Progressives Congress] to one of its members, Chief Sylva. Unless this absurd situation is immediately reversed, the Nigerian people’s just expectation of a more vigorous crusade against corruption would have been dealt a huge blow.”

Obviously taken by surprise by the controversial development, the EFCC’s counsel, J.A. Ojogbane, reminded the court that the anti-corruption agency had already begun preliminary arguments in the case. He added that he and the EFCC had not been briefed beforehand about the DPP’s plan to withdraw graft charges against Mr. Sylva.

Justice Chukwu discharged and acquitted Mr. Sylva and ordered the EFCC to release his international passport to him.

After the drama in court, the EFCC later stated that the agency had consolidated the charges against the former governor with the intention of filing new charges in the future. However, an EFCC source told SaharaReporters that the statement was only an attempt by the agency to save face after today’s embarrassing drama in court. 

The source said he feared that likely would be no new charges against Mr. Sylva, adding that the former governor may have been let off the hook because of his closeness to President Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Bigdreams(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hmmm.... Accusations and counter accusations...

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read it now!
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 01, 2015
HonSuQMaDIQ:
As President Muhammadu Buhari’s fight against corruption continues, anti-graft agencies struggle to convince Nigerians that it is not selective, GBENRO ADEOYE writes

Many Nigerians have come to the realisation that corruption is a major challenge standing between the country and a good life for the citizens, hence their support for President Muhammadu Buhari, who many have dubbed as the “new sheriff in town”.

The administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan was largely derided by the public for its perceived failure in fighting corruption. The former President’s body language towards graft was often described in the media as permissive. The posture and antecedents of Buhari, a former military head of state, gave Nigerian masses the picture of a new sheriff coming on board to clean up the mess of past administrations.

His inaugural speech, in which he stated that he belonged to “everybody” and to “nobody” also endeared the President to some Nigerians, who were initially unsure of what to make of a septuagenarian president with dictatorial tendencies.

One thing is sure though, if the work of anti-graft agencies in Nigeria is in tandem with the President’s body language, then it can be said that Buhari’s body speaks louder than that of his predecessor, as anti-graft agencies like the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, have suddenly been spurred into action.

However, about five months into Buhari’s government, some analysts have already concluded that his body seems to be speaking a language different from that of his utterances.

While Buhari’s utterances avow that there would be no sacred cow in his war against corruption, the country’s anti-graft agencies have been perceived to be selective.

One of such persons is the Executive Chairman of the Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders, Mr. Debo Adeniran, whose organisation has petitioned the EFCC, ICPC, the President and Senate President alleging corruption and financial misappropriation against former Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, and a former Ogun State Commissioner for Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, both of who made Buhari’s list of ministerial nominees.

Adeniran told our correspondent that he had reasons to believe that while the President’s anti-corruption war has been going after some people, Buhari has been protecting persons like Fashola and Adeosun from the arms of the law.

A former Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi; and a former Ekiti State Governor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, also made Buhari’s ministerial nominees’ list in spite of several petitions written to various anti-graft agencies against them.

Meanwhile, some others including Senate President Bukola Saraki; his wife, Toyin; a former Kebbi State Governor, Saidu Dakingari; his wife, Zainab; a former Akwa Ibom State Governor, Senator Godswill Akpabio; a former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, have all been questioned by anti-corruption agencies.

“We have started writing petitions against Fashola to the EFCC and the ICPC since 2010,” Adeniran said.

“We have written about six or seven petitions and each time we wrote to the EFCC, we also wrote to the ICPC because the allegations concern both agencies. Recently, we sent a summary of our petitions to these agencies to the President for him to know what had been going on, so that he would be able to instruct the agencies to work on them. But he chose to nominate them as ministers.

“So till now, we believe that the President is interfering with the process of investigating Fashola and Adeosun, his nominee from Ogun State, who has a lot of corruption baggage hanging on her neck from her days as the Commissioner for Finance in the state. Buhari didn’t seem to have given credence to any of the allegations when he was nominating them.”

CACOL’s allegations against Fashola and Adeosun include corruption, misappropriation of public funds and contract inflation.

Adeniran has however threatened to sue the anti-graft agencies for their failure to investigate the duo based on the petitions against them.

In the same vein, a pressure group in Rivers State, The Integrity Group, wrote to a petition to the President, accusing Amaechi of N70bn fraud.

The group accused Amaechi and other functionaries of his administration of ‘’corruption, criminal breach of trust, unlawful enrichment and conversion of over N70bn state resources.”

Among other allegations, the former Governor was accused of fraudulent sale of Rivers State power assets and conversion of proceeds amounting to N60.48bn and unlawful enrichment of Messrs Collect Solutions (Nig.) Limited with public funds to the tune of N1.56bn.

Also, a Justice George Omereji-led Judicial Commission of Inquiry, which was recently set up by the Rivers State Government to look into the sale of valued assets belonging to the state, found Amaechi and some others responsible for misappropriating state funds to the tune of N97bn.

But there are no indications that Amaechi has been invited for questioning by the any of the anti-corruption agencies.

On September 29, 2014, a group, Save Ekiti Coalition, alleged that Fayemi misappropriated N20bbn as Ekiti State Governor in a petition it sent to the EFCC and the ICPC.

The petition, which was signed by the group’s secretary, Mr. Oke Ayodele, called for Fayemi’s investigation and prosecution, but there has been no record that the former governor has been called for questioning by any of the agencies.

Fashola, Amaechi, and Fayemi all contributed in various ways to Buhari’s success at the poll and experts have described their ministerial nominations and perceived exclusion from the probe list of anti-graft agencies as the reward for their labour.

The former governor of Bayelsa State, Timipre Sylva, has been questioned by the EFCC over financial offences committed while in office between 2007 and 2011. But since Sylva’s defection from the PDP to the APC, the anti-graft agency seems to have slowed down its pace in prosecuting the former governor, allegedly because of his political strength in the party.

To reward Sylva for his loyalty to the APC, he emerged as the party’s governorship candidate in Bayelsa State.

A similar case to Sylva’s is that of former Kogi State Governor, Abubakar Audu, who also recently emerged as the APC governorship candidate in the state.

Audu is facing a 32-count charge which includes stealing, criminal breach of trust and misappropriation of public funds to the tune of about N11bn, but he was his party’s preferred candidate in spite of its anti-corruption war.

A lawyer and social commentator, Mr. Liborous Oshoma, described the situation as wrong, saying that the President has been employing double standard in his fight against corruption.

He said that anti-graft agencies under Buhari’s government have only been seen to acting on petitions against his political opponents and the like.

He said, “Everyone with allegations should be invited for questioning and those who are bringing the allegations should come to substantiate their petitions and if they are weighty, they should be taken before the appropriate authorities.

“Don’t act like some persons are the only people who are corrupt while the others are not. What that tells some of us is that we are not serious about fighting corruption.”

Meanwhile, the EFCC has acted on petitions filed by a lawyer, Mr. Leo Ekpenyong, against Akpabio, a prominent member of the Peoples Democratic Party, by inviting him for interrogation.

In the petition titled, ‘Petition against former Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State for gross and uncommon abuse of public trust’, Ekpenyoung accused Akpabio of diverting taxpayers’ money for personal use.

Before Akpabio’s invitation, operatives of the Department of State Services had in September 2015 searched the Akwa Ibom State House, in a move allegedly aimed at getting implicating evidence to link Akpabio to illegality.

Saraki is currently facing a 13-count charge of corruption and false declaration of asset at the Code of Conduct Tribunal in Abuja.

Although, he is a member of the APC following his defection from the PDP, his prosecution has largely been seen by the public as a witch-hunt for going against the dictates of his party to emerge as Senate President.

Recently, Dakingari, a PDP member, was arrested by the EFCC over allegations of misappropriating N3.8bn public fund. His wife, Zainab, was also accused of laundering N2bn for her husband.

However, the PDP through its National Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, accused Buhari of making the corruption war selective, saying it was targeted at members of his party.

But while Adeniran was in support of the investigation of the likes of Saraki and Dakingari for corruption, he said that CACOL was against the selective anti-corruption war, which seems to be overlooking some other people accused of graft.

He said, “All along, we have been expecting that the President would act beyond rhetoric on some of the petitions that have been pending with the anti-corruption agencies.”

Adeniran said his organisation had sent not less than six petitions each to the EFCC and the ICPC without concrete outcome.

He said, “High ranking Lagos State officials were questioned and interrogated by the EFCC around 2012. The agency has said that it has a discreet report but this has not been made available to us.

“We have demanding that the agency should let the world know the outcome of its investigation, even if it is that Fashola is not guilty. We should know why the agency thinks that he is not guilty. All of the projects Fashola did were at very high costs that are unrealistic anywhere in the world.”

On Adeosun, Adeniran said CACOL had also written to the EFCC and the ICPC to draw their attention to the alleged inflation of the costs of purchasing some Armoured Personnel Carriers bought in Ogun State while she Commissioner for Finance.

He therefore described the alleged selective probe by the current administration as bad for the country’s development.

“We are dissatisfied with the way the anti-corruption war is being fought and we are afraid that we may not achieve anything better than what we had before Buhari assumed office.

“Most of the people he is bringing to work with him are noisemakers who execute more projects in the media than they do in reality.”

Oshoma also expressed concern about the President’s anti-corruption war, saying his hope that the war would be better in Buhari’s had been dashed.

“We had expected a holistic approach but what we see is a far cry from that, so I’m not impressed with all of these gimmicks to fight corruption,” he said.

“When Saraki was charged before the code of conduct tribunal, I was one of those who said that he should step aside and answer to those charges and clear his name. In the same vein, I maintain that if a former governor, senator or any other person has a petition against him, irrespective of how spurious or irrelevant it is, it should be looked into and a conclusion must be reached.

“The world has moved beyond the argument that people can hold political positions once they have not been convicted. Where we are now is that if there are allegations hanging on your character, you should go and clear yourself before you hold any political office.”

Source: http://punchng.com/2015/10/2757

Please leave Audu out of this. He has promised to return the 11 Billion if he is re-elected... isn't that how it should be? Nigeria sha grin
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 01, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]We won't tire responding to your many lame excuses after the fact.

No one set any goals for Buhari. He used his own hands and head to carry his current load.

He was aware that the 'treasury was virtually empty' long before contesting. He was aware that the crude oil price was seriously going down. Indeed, he boasted then of his super 'knowledge' of the oil sector, having served as a federal commissioner for petroleum under Obasanjo in the late '80s. He said he would 'stabilize' world oil price.

Of the 'virtually empty treasury', he boasted that he would retrieve the $20b that Sanusi said is missing, collect all the 'stolen' money and 'block' all revenue leakages including crude oil theft.

We heard that he started 'receiving' money back to the treasury with his 'body language' even before taking over. He traveled to the US and came back with the 'news' that not only will Nigeria's $150b 'stolen' money be returned, they've actually handed over to him the list of the 'corrupt' past government officials and their bank accounts.

But, just a few months into his administration, it doesn't seem the treasury is anywhere near 'virtually full'. And the situation is so precarious now that he admitted that some of his ministers have been employed just to sit around.

For a superman president like that, don't you think it's not out of place if people demand that he brings out his wand and perform the promised magic? [/size]

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by buchilino(m): 4:36am On Nov 01, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
pdp is worst than a scam, ur clueless corrupt gej were protecting both pdp and apc criminals, every single soul in pdp are corrupt plus few apc, what stop efcc under gej to witch hunt his opponent like sylva and prince audu, if every govt witch hunt their opponent, fight against corruption wil be half solve, plssssss my PMB, witch hunt everyone in pdp both d saint and d devil.

HOW IRONIC UR NAME IS JESUSLOVESU, MEANWHILE UR TALKING ABOUT WITCHES N HUNTING HOW IRONIC
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by Jesusloveyou: 8:58am On Nov 01, 2015
buchilino:

HOW IRONIC UR NAME IS JESUSLOVESU, MEANWHILE UR TALKING ABOUT WITCHES N HUNTING HOW IRONIC
are u of lily liver that fear witches and wizards? As a child of God, We don't fear, we hunt for them and they fear us

1 Like

Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by TijaniAbu: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2015
Buhari himself stained the authenticity of his so called anti-corruption war when he dovoted his attention to dismantling the political power of those he felt could mount opposition to him in 2019.

Buhari started by "neutrally" attacking the Senate President, through what he thought would be a soft target, his wife. Has Buhari's vicious APC dictatorship not heard nor read "Thou shalt not covet (nor attack) thy neigbour's wife"? Is Buhari doing anti-corruption or is he rewriting the Hutu 10 commandments that led to Rwanda's repugnant genocide?

Let us bear witness to truth and not to propaganda. Time too bears witness that the malicious invitation of the innocent Mrs Toyin Saraki by the Buhari administration's EFCC is the defining disgrace of Buhari's political and dictatorial harassment and Lamorde's criminal impunity.

Under Buhari's watch by EFCC that cannot produce their false petitioner.

Fake anti-corruption war, fake neutral Buhari simply viciously and shockingly attacked the Senate President's wife as his first attempt to dislodge Saraki.

Lucky for Saraki that his christian wife uprightly survived EFCC impunity where others less upright feigned illness and fled.

Irony of ironies, Buhari's wife Aisha is suddenly perambulating Nigeria on "health and wellbeing" initiative. So Buhari was attacking what he wanted his wife to copy? Mrs Saraki's Wellbeing Foundation.

Imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery but call a spade a spade, you cannot build by destroying.

The Buhari APC attack on Mrs Saraki was and is the defining disgrace of dictatorship and vindictiveness masquerading as anti-corruption. An abuse of public office and public agencies.
Re: Heavy Knocks For Buhari’s Anti-corruption War - Punch by chuwangdaniel42: 11:45pm On Feb 16, 2023
The Nigerian People cones first and it must remain so in all policies.

Buhari, serve the general public please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Behind My Ordeal, Ex-nsa Dasuki Tells Court. / Soldier Kneels Down As His Mother Prays For Him After His Posting To The North. / Abdul'azeez Yar'adua Joins Senatorial Race (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.