Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones (31265 Views)

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra / Wow...new Born Baby Boy Clothed With Biafra Attire During His Dedication / Danger!! Unclad Men Tattoo With Biafra Flags Appear In Aba Dare Soldiers-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by laudate: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
ExInferis:
We're staying in the north. It's you people coming here to make a living.

If you're so concerned about children that died in a so called genocide 50 years ago why are you then threatening to condemn more children to death today with your violent predisposition to secession?

Abeg, help me ask them!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by dialfa: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Emmydek:

funny dude. Though not with all that but let any tribe in Nigeria today try hausa that's when you will know what i am saying sire.

We did and they ran to their colonial masters.
All awusa gragra na mouth.
Let me ask you. what do you mean by "try hausa"? Because I have tried a few of them already and can authoritatively say that they are not sweeter than Ogonis.
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by imsuboi(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
gists:

Don't tell me you expect US to fold its arms after Japan attacked Pearl harbor.
Is nuclear Bomb good? No I don't support it but in hindsight, it probably was the best option considering the technology available at that time.
So, the wise one, do you mind suggesting a better alternative? Its easy to criticize and call people names. But if you don't have any better alternative/suggestion (in the given scenario) you better shut the fvck up.

Come & shut me up. _imbecile
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by fran6uc(m): 11:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
vamsexy:

....Just confirmed now dat u are indeed a bastard n a slave...kings dnt dine or talk to bastard....so bastard kip d replies coming...I luvd d stupid noise u mother was making while I was fuckin d hate out of her smelly pussy shit ass.fool!!!....u are not even ashamed to call ur sef IGBO....GOD forbid o....IGBo is dat a place,tribe or name of a rat....menh I sorry for ur life,look arrnd and see hw people look @ u,d first tin dat comes to mind is ...who is dis criminal,because datz wot all IGBOs are....notin but currupt human race.I jus sorry for u again...datz all.if e pain u jus go hug transforma n die to be born in somalia or yemen.
Eh hen my dog u were saying? At d mention of IGBO u fret and tremble cos we conquer no mata d odds. I'm not gonna mention ur mother because I've got a reputable mother with all dignity and prestige. At dis juncture I want 2 end my replies unless u need my number so dat we can take dis shit a notch higher. Apologise 2 ur creator 4 being nuts and get ur head straight. It's happening in our time; I mean BIAFRA weda u like it or yes
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by vamsexy: 4:22am On Nov 05, 2015
fran6uc:

Eh hen my dog u were saying? At d mention of IGBO u fret and tremble cos we conquer no mata d odds. I'm not gonna mention ur mother because I've got a reputable mother with all dignity and prestige. At dis juncture I want 2 end my replies unless u need my number so dat we can take dis shit a notch higher. Apologise 2 ur creator 4 being nuts and get ur head straight. It's happening in our time; I mean BIAFRA weda u like it or yes
Am no gay,mr gay so we cnt eva meet....its happening in ur time and am glad dat demons n blood suckin money ritualist nation will no longa be part of dis gr8 zoo....u conquer who...lol I laugh @u....it was a massacre millions of low life Igbos n ur LovePeddler women raped witout mercy and am sure ur father must be one of d bastard....I can't hlp but laugh @u all ova again...tot u hd some sense b4 but I realize notin up dear....read again ur own book....der was a country n see who conquered who.....slave.In my bed again fuckin ur woman...guess she's abia n u knw wot she is sayin... dat she regrets been IGBO...I knw someday u people will cut ur five stupid state and leave my beautiful zoo....biashit my ass....funny tin is dat am sure u are not even in ur state now cos u cnt stay der....if u hate dis zoo so much y can't u jus be in ur biafra zone only....u claim to luv biafra so much u can't stay in ur biaflop zone....let me continue d bleepin of dis abia chic....I luv dehumanizing dis eastern galz so much.waitin for ur reply wen am done hia.
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by joeyarticles: 11:20am On Dec 22, 2015
Fresh Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu

Few days ago the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) had celebrated the news of the release of their leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu who has been in detention for over 90 days now by the Federal Government.

Nnamdi Kanu was released by a Federal High Court last week in Abuja, only to be issued with fresh a charge of treasonable felony by the federal government.

The FG had on Friday last week gone to a Federal High Court in Abuja and has prefer a six count charges against Mr Kanu and two other accomplice in the name of Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi.
http://www.prestnaija.com/fresh-charges-against-nnamdi-kanu/
Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by Bobbybube(m): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
cramjones:
I have keenly observed the current events that have led to the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the self-proclaimed leader of the Biafran movement. I have mixed reactions to the events that have transpired and have communicated my thoughts to the Nigerian Presidency. I will attempt elucidating my thoughts here.

1. I am of the opinion that the call for Biafra is legitimate: Firstly, Biafra existed before Nigeria was created. It was made up of people with similar cultures and language (with majority tribe being Igbo). It is perfectly legitimate for the original inhabitants of the country to yearn to have back their country and resources under their control. However, I do not believe that Biafra is a viable solution at this time.

2. During the Biafran war it is estimated that at least 1 million people of largely Igbo extraction were killed! This is no doubt in mind a genocide. However, the Nigerian government has made a fundamental mistake by:

a. Not recognizing it ever took place, or playing down the number of those that died for political reasons, only serve to fuel violence and the call for secession.
b. They have also made a major mistake by not even having a memorial day to remember those that died during the genocide - This action alone will give a sense of belonging and would foster a deepened National unity.

3. If the government does not look into the creation of a true federation whilst implementing its pseudo-federalism, and pretend that a genocide never took place, then the dissolution of Nigeria or even the metastasis of the Biafrian movement becomes inevitable.

4. Despite the premise I have laid out, I still do not think a Biafran state is viable. This is why

i. The Eastern Goverments are fundamentally corrupt; A visit to present day Imo and Abia will attest to the corruption and rot that have plagued the region. These leaders have all FAILED to develop the east with the resources given to them. If they had made the East the "dubai" of Nigeria, everyone including the international community would have taken the cry for Biafra serious. The argument would be if the "Biafran leaders" can develop their region with the "little" resources given them, it is only fair they secede and do even more for their people and their region. However, this is not the case. A Biafran state will only lead to another mini civil war, and a fight for resources and wealth among Biafrans.

ii. Since 1970 when the war ended the geo-political dynamics of the Biafran region has changed. For example the people of Rivers would not want to be part of a country where their individual tribes become a minority. Same will go to Akwa Ibom etc. This will then lead to a disintegration of the original Biafran state, and would lead to a battle for resource control.

iii. If the above happens, Biafra would essentially be a landlocked country, and this can lead to an invasion and fight of Rivers, in order to fight for port control, oil revenue etc. Igbos will definitely need the ports since most of them are international business men, and won't afford to pay regions like Rivers for all the billions of dollars of imports that takes place in the region.

In summary, an eventual Biafran state through a peaceful referendum will lead to a situation worse than South Sundan.

Way forward:

1. President Buhari MUST as a matter of urgency look into the white paper of the national conference and work assidiously with congress to make sure he implements true Federalism.

2. We must as a matter of urgency accept that at least 1 million Igbos where killed and establish a day to remember these precious lives that were gone. We must go a step further to make sure we teach this history to our kids, and not ban it from being tought in schools.

3. If the Federal government treat the Biafra issue with kids gloves, we may have something worse than Boko Haram in our hands.

4. Release Nnamdi Kanu immediately! Sit down with him and lay out your plans to resolve this issue. It would be a disservice to the Igbo people to compare the rise of Boko Haram with this present agitation, but history has thought us that as dynamic and complex Nigeria is, we MUST as a matter of urgency address the agitation of the Biafrans, before it metastasize to a problem bigger than Nigeria. A stitch in time saves nine!

Personally, I have shared these thoughts to my friend and brother Femi Adeshina with the hope that he would communicate this to P.M.B.

It is my hope that this does not destroy our country in our very eyes.

Although I stumbled on this thread quite late; I must say that it mirrors my exact opinions... especially on the aspect of Igbo leaders.
85% of the leaders of the Igbo nation.. mostly governors are so corrupt and unpatriotic.
Till the igbo's have a true leader of the people, charismatic, patriotic and unselfish ; Biafra is not only unattainable but undesirable

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Must Deal With Biafra - Cramjones by BAYLII: 9:33am On Jun 12, 2016
I'm tired of ibos, tired of hausas, tired of tribalistic sentiments, i'm tired of wars with bombs, bullets and words, but I love nigeria, the white and green... biafrans pls go in peace, Hausa people carry your violence away, enough is enough... o well, God's will be done!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wonderful Picture Of President Buhari / Why FG Closed Nigeria’s Borders — CG Customs, Hameed Ali / Jonathan’s Refusal To Raise PDP Flag Cause Uproar In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.