Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny (26014 Views)

Things You Should Never Share At Work / BREAKING: Why Some Nigerian Civil Servants Have Not Received November Salary / 9 Pictures that Define Some Moments At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by vision2050: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2015
Vixo:

Na bone them talk.....don't change it....the patient dog never sees the meat brov.
okay, but what of leftovers meat?
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by egedihenry: 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
englishmart:
you mean your job is to analyse indomie and its likes? And you want to be paid?
You for day analyse okpa na

Lolzzzz @op I can't stop laughing
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by daclint(m): 8:12pm On Nov 02, 2015
welcome to my world
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by 989900: 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2015
The economy is running aground . . . something has to be done.

Good news hard to come by.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by dblaisepascal(m): 8:27pm On Nov 02, 2015
I guess ur application was''. I BEG TO APPLY'. Dem force u enter d job? re-apply with '' I BEG ON MY CLAIMS, or better still, start stealing their noodles. #my candid advice
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by MeandSum: 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Djblinkz:
I got a job as an Analyst in a Noodles manufacturing company in Lagos, I was staff, though the salary was small, and the agreement says my salary will be reviewed after 2 months due to my performance. What's eating me now is that, they decided to pay some set of people in the company and left some few set. I was among the unfortunate ones they refused to pay, and when I ask the management for my salary, they keep saying there is no market, I told them I won't come to work again if they refuse to pay me, they begged me that I should keep coming, and now I'm very pissed off, I can't afford for my personal upkeep anymore as I'm staying with a friend. My mind keep breeding different evil suggestions like "I should go and set their warehouse ablaze", but I'm not as tough as that. I decide to share this for advice please, "they say two minds on a problem is better than one"

Please, avoid doing anything that would get you arrested. Not worth it at all! Vengeance, only look good for a moment and then, regret sets in. Good to say you'll regret it the rest of your life even if not caught in the act. Beside, that would still not pay your salary now. would it?

The best option is to negotiate their products at a very very steep discount price as payment for your past salary. You said they manufacture Noodles? your natural market place would be university hostels if you have the patience to wait for a higher payout. for quick buck, talk to a store owner near you... give them a few "sample" and explain the situation.

Don't accept their first offer, tell them you're talking to a few stores and you want to see what the others can offer.

You may even end up making more than your salary.

1 Like

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by franconian: 8:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
OP, I think you are working for the gods!!! grin
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by dwesternmall: 8:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is hiring.

Westernmall Nigeria Ltd is an online store looking to take over the Nigerian market and offer customers better options in terms of shopping.

We are presently recruting field sales representatives (Genies)... The Starting pay is 40k and attracts handsome commissions for more sales(more details later)
Our office is at Alausa shopping mall, Obafemi Awolowo way, ikeja. Lagos.
Thus you must be Lagos based to work with us as you will report to the office on a daily/weekly basis.

interested candidates should send their CV's to Careers@westernmall.co.uk
and make the Subject of the email: GENIE!!!

or

http://www.westernmall.co.uk/Home/Careers

More details will be provided to you via email
Tell a friend.

Regards
Westernmall
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by missKiffy(f): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
yorke1:
Go and set it ablaze
Haba, your not nice o cheesy
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by missKiffy(f): 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
englishmart:
Lol cheesy u dis pple ehn
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by missKiffy(f): 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2015
colossus2:

You are a simpleton. No be your fault as your papa still dey send you money.
With your yeye ostrich face.
Ouch
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by sammieee(m): 9:11pm On Nov 02, 2015
It is well bro. Don't set any place ablaze because legally you will bear the consequence. Since the agreement is based on your performance and you are not getting paid means something is wrong somewhere. Either with your performance or managment somthing ain't right. I'll advise you to start looking else where for another job and keep going to work till your salaries and your entitlement are paid. And it will be good u seek 4 a legal advise. NOTE: DON'T LEAVE YOUR JOB O UNTIL U GET PAID OR U GET ANOTHER JOB.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by marjson(m): 9:17pm On Nov 02, 2015
yorke1:
Go and set it ablaze

Lol, u dey sound like Eleshu. Shey u be Eleshu ni? shocked
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 02, 2015
yorke1 got me laughing.....juz like that....you're kinda ****~~~~~
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Spidermon: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
Once you have decided you have had enough, just get some friends to accompany you to the company. Calculate your total arrears and carry cartons of noodles equivalent to your pay.

Use the noodles wholesale rate ooo so you can make profit. You fit become their regular wholesaler from there sef
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Spidermon: 10:01pm On Nov 02, 2015
englishmart:

My oga, Your brain don liquefy finish. Wetin remain na just milk and sugar make e turn to custard.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by sabi99(m): 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
If u set d company ablaze na em b say imo state workers go use hand grenade burn down govt house................
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by jony247(m): 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2015
zenith4biz:
Oh God my father, ancient of days, the Greater than the greatest, the mightier than the mightiest, The Bigger than the biggest, this your son was employed 3months ago and he has not been paid, I thereby decree that every power holding his salary be nullified in Jesus name.

From now henceforth the concerned authorities will make this my brother's salary a priority.

Thank you God for answered prayer for in Jesus name I pray.

Amen
Yoy be better pikin
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by ifyeez: 10:56pm On Nov 02, 2015
Your own better nah, I have not been paid for six months now.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by holysaint1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
englishmart:

chaiii.... Nland'rs... cheesy cheesy but cwiously... Mst u comment sad
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by hardychris(m): 12:02am On Nov 03, 2015
Djblinkz:

Okay, I ll try that line also. But I ve decided I will leave.
guy it hapnd to me wen I did my I.T in a bank I had to borrow to pay for a shortage that I know nothng about.

So 3 Months is not Too bad
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Kalvan: 12:30am On Nov 03, 2015
zenith4biz:
Oh God my father, ancient of days, the Greater than the greatest, the mightier than the mightiest, The Bigger than the biggest, this your son was employed 3months ago and he has not been paid, I thereby decree that every power holding his salary be nullified in Jesus name.

From now henceforth the concerned authorities will make this my brother's salary a priority.

Amen

undecided
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by magicminister: 2:25am On Nov 03, 2015
zenith4biz:

Amen

You are a fool. Person never chop u dey pray for am.

1 Like

Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by Bsc(m): 2:42am On Nov 03, 2015
Just kEep coming..if u girl friend wants to stop coming, tell her to just keep coming.. Keep coming ma foot!!! Chei 4months pity
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by AdeniyiA(m): 4:57am On Nov 03, 2015
Simitrendy:

The patient dog eat the fatest bone

If you'll wish to wait.

Wait!

Be Patient!

dis proverb is outdated! ,
Dogs eat meat too, so what's the essence of waiting for bones when i can savour the flesh...

besides, the guy is not a dog!
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by josite: 5:12am On Nov 03, 2015
tell your challenges to the head of human resources or the MD.that was what I did in unilag when almost 3 months my name is not yet on d payroll and I was left koboless at Xmas.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by deltateam: 5:30am On Nov 03, 2015
This is the reason I hate private companies. People get mind o. Someone worked for 3 months, you get mind to tell am to be patient. Who does that?

Personally I can't work past 2 months before I smell the coffee.
Resign and walk away.

Their product is not selling? How is it your damn business or are you their sales Rep.?
Or is their a hidden clause that said you will be paid based on sales?

I won't advice you to get a lawyer unless that lawyer is free of charge say a good human rights activist from a government civil commission who knows their onions.
If its a good case, you will be compensated enough to start your own business, but don't owe your employees o.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by F22RAPTOR(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2015
so we did a job for a client, and she has not paid in months. she keeps on calling for support and we give her but the amazing thing is how she is always travelling on holidays abroad with her kids. Its a bit confusing to me you know, some employers no get conscience at all. And we wonder why some very bad things happen to people. They probably think they are doing him a favor by keeping him. See some people will continue messing with you until you raise hell, three months is a long time, maybe you should walk.
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by kehyndey(f): 9:31am On Nov 03, 2015
zenith4biz:

Amen
lyk cwiously shockedshocked....dis NLders sef dem no go fit kill person wit laf...u go see pastor wey dey pray for open heaven and u go see devil wey dey advice d op make e dey steal indomie or make him go set d warehouse ablaze.....hian! I no go laf die for here....
Re: Three Months At Work Now, Yet I Have Not Received A Penny by sulakishop(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2015
yorke1:
Go and set it ablaze

Lolz! You na terrorist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No Salary: Nlc Plans Strike For 23rd August / Aero Contractors Sacks 95% Of Workers (with Pictures Of Staff Protest Today) / 91-year-old Professor, Ajagbe Toriola Oyewo, Makes The 2021 SAN List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.