Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic (7799 Views)

How a Christian should debate an atheist using science and logic / Faith,belief,reason And Truth. / Ways In Which Christianity Inoculates It's Self Against Reason And Logic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
frank317:

lol... so? of course atheism needs religion for its relevance. Without religion spreading its mythical nonsense all over the place there would be no atheist trying to put some sense in your head.
Whats really your point? Are you trying to concur with the fact that your God needs satan to be relevant too?
I have repeated it so many times on this forum... you always pounce out with so much boldness just to spew your shallow thoughts in public.
Some people must have been deceiving you and praising you when you talk nonsense and this is really your problem. It has caused you to become an empty barrel that makes so much noise.
I will advise to learn to think before you talk... now for once in your life, ask your self why you, an empty headed noise maker (no insult intended), be the mouth piece of a supposedly almighty creator of the universe? is your creator that dumb?
You are an insult to yourself. With all this you wrote here, i doubt if there is anything in your head.

Spreading mythical nonsense all over the placein religion section. Madness aint more than what you're showing here.
You obsession with religion shows how much of an unstable fellow you are. I bet the mention of God torments you. How dyu go about your lifeundecided, You better get some sense and stop embarassing yourself if you have nothing to say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Richirich713: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

The truth is a some part of the bible's message has been lost in translation. Some part of the OT is actually written in Proto-Hebrew which is a Canaanite Language and the translators do get confused about it because the language is no longer in existence.

Genesis one according to Rabbinical tradition is actually a priestly commentary on Genesis chapter 2 which was written years earlier, people like KingEbukasBlog do not know this but will come and be telling you that the bible is the word of God because they were indoctrinated and made to accept it without knowing anything about it's history or how it was written and complied. Most English bibles translation of Genesis one uses the King James version tradition of translation which uses the "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth", some scholars claim it is not supposed to be so, it is supposed to be "In the beginning when God started creating the earth", others have different views, my point is, just like anything else, this is a man made system that is why there is so much confusion and divergent views and opinions about it .

The hebrew text is only confusing cuz it's written from the perspective of the Ancient Hebrew Culture.

Ancient Hebrew is concrete thought while most if not all scholars today think in abstract thought.

Scholars today want to know everything, they have to no "who", "what", "where", "why" etc since they thinking in the western Greek culture.

The Ancient hebrews didn't care about those things, a example of this is Cain wife, they never mention where he got his wife cuz 2 a Ancient hebrew it was not important.

If we read the Bible from a Greek perspective we will get confused, cuz hebrews don't mention everything nor do they write in chronological order, nor do they describe stuff like us, nor did they think like us.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Richirich713:

The hebrew text is only confusing cuz it's written from the perspective of the Ancient Hebrew Culture.
Ancient Hebrew is concrete thought while most if not all scholars today think in abstract thought.
Scholars today want to know everything, they have to no "who", "what", "where", "why" etc since they thinking in the western Greek culture.
The Ancient hebrews didn't care about those things, a example of this is Cain wife, they never mention where he got his wife cuz 2 a Ancient hebrew it was not important.
If we read the Bible from a Greek perspective we will get confused, cuz hebrews don't mention everything nor do they write in chronological order, nor do they describe stuff like us, nor did they think like us.

If the ancient Hebrews do not write like us or describe things like we do today then why should we accept anything they wrote for themselves as the ultimate truth talk more as the truth about the origin of the universe? They wrote down their thoughts based on what they imagined and we are supposed to treat it as that.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by Richirich713: 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

If the ancient Hebrews do not write like us or describe things like we do today then why should we accept anything they wrote for themselves as the ultimate truth talk more as the truth about the origin of the universe? They wrote down their thoughts based on what they imagined and we are supposed to treat it as that.

Well that's ur choice, I prefer to believe in their teachings due to Jesus, clearly he was the most significant person to ever walk on this earth and people during his time clearly believed and we're convinced he performed miracles.

Fishermen don't just challenge a government like the Roman Empire, especially after their leader and teacher is crucified.

Multiple people don't just make up stories that they saw a resurrected man, then suffer and died for a story they know is false, gaining absolutely nothing.

Either these men were all imagining the same resurrected man or they will really seeing jesus alive. Even some atheists agree that the disciples did see jesus but all of them were hallucinating.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by frank317: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:
You are an insult to yourself. With all this you wrote here, i doubt if there is anything in your head.

Spreading mythical nonsense all over the placein religion section. Madness aint more than what you're showing here.
You obsession with religion shows how much of an unstable fellow you are. I bet the mention of God torments you. How dyu go about your lifeundecided, You better get some sense and stop embarassing yourself if you have nothing to say.

What are u mad about? Your God for hiding and never coming to ur aid when u need him or me for trying to put some sense into u that he ain't real?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
CoolUsername:
It had hundreds of millions of years of evolution. More believable than saying 8.7 million species fit into a boat, ain't it though?

fishes dont fit into boat .you need brain think . Dont come here talk shi.t grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

The truth is a some part of the bible's message has been lost in translation. Some part of the OT is actually written in Proto-Hebrew which is a Canaanite Language and the translators do get confused about it because the language is no longer in existence.

Genesis one according to Rabbinical tradition is actually a priestly commentary on Genesis chapter 2 which was written years earlier, people like KingEbukasBlog do not know this but will come and be telling you that the bible is the word of God because they were indoctrinated and made to accept it without knowing anything about it's history or how it was written and complied. Most English bibles translation of Genesis one uses the King James version tradition of translation which uses the "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth", some scholars claim it is not supposed to be so, it is supposed to be "In the beginning when God started creating the earth", others have different views, my point is, just like anything else, this is a man made system that is why there is so much confusion and divergent views and opinions about it .

Jesus is the word of God . Stop making claims . You know very little of what I know - that's a fact
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 6:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Jesus is the word of God . Stop making claims . You know very little of what I know - that's a fact

And which word did Jesus personally write any where?
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

You talk like an asswipe . So if Israel's history is imagined can you provide the valid and true history of the Israelites ?
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

And which word did Jesus personally write any where?

Lolz ... Anyways I don't expect you to understand
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
@ Dalaman keeps making claims and forceful assertions . You have not answered my questions I asked earlier on this thread . Better go back and answer them grin and errrmmm don't forget to provide Israel's true history since they imagined the ones they wrote . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 7:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

You talk like an asswipe . So if Israel's history is imagined can you provide the valid and true history of the Israelites ?

Who mentioned Isreal's history? We were talking about the creation story they wrote down which they imagined. But a loy of their history as written inside tge bible is false. For example they were never enslaved in Egypt and the exodus is a non historical myth.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

Who mentioned Isreal's history? We were talking about the creation story they wrote down which they imagined. But a loy of their history as written inside tge bible is false. For example they were never enslaved in Egypt and the exodus is a non historical myth.

Lmao ... next thing is to copy and paste lies from atheists' websites . As far as you were not there you can't claim its mythical . Then if you insist provide proof for your claim .
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
frank317:

What are u mad about? Your God for hiding and never coming to ur aid when u need him or me for trying to put some sense into u that he ain't real?
The problem with you. You exist and dont even know why. Go and cry off your pain, you are clearly frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by CoolUsername: 7:50pm On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

fishes dont fit into boat .you need brain think . Dont come here talk shi.t grin
zOMG! So what did all the bears eat? Come to think of it, what did the carnivores eat? Pandas only eat bamboo, so did Noah stock up on that? Did a pair of arctic foxes swim all the way to the Middle East? I ask questions like these because I have brain. Your comment was just an ad hominem. That's what people like you do because you really don't know what you're talking about.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Lolz ... Anyways I don't expect you to understand
dalaman knows next to nothing about anything ive seen him post. He is suffering from pain and neglect. He needs us to feel relevant bro, so unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:
dalaman knows next to nothing about anything ive seen him post. He is suffering from pain and neglect. He needs us to feel relevant bro, so unfortunate.

Exactly bro ... and very sadly we don't need him cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by frank317: 8:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:
The problem with you. You exist and dont even know why. Go and cry off your pain, you are clearly frustrated.

I am frustrated? Is that what your holy spirit told you? Another delusion... Face it man... Your God ain't real. The best that can happen here is you being the mouth piece of something that clearly does not exist. If u like say am frustrated, say anything... It does not change the fact that ur God does not exist.

U no de shame... Defending the creator who is hiding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
frank317:

I am frustrated? Is that what your holy spirit told you? Another delusion... Face it man... Your God ain't real. The best that can happen here is you being the mouth piece of something that clearly does not exist. If u like say am frustrated, say anything... It does not change the fact that ur God does not exist.

U no de shame... Defending the creator who is hiding.
Funny thing be say u neva do reach paul. Paul nor fit stand christians sotey hn dey kill dem or at least supervise their killing.
you can do better than being stup1d na.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:

Can you tell us the reason for human existence? Is it universally accepted? why or why not?
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 10:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:
Funny thing be say u neva do reach paul. Paul nor fit stand christians sotey hn dey kill dem or at least supervise their killing.

According to stories abi? Where you there when Paul was killing christians or did you read the story somewhere? Imagine someone basing his existence on mythical and fictitious stories that ancient people kept spreading around.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by frank317: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:

Is Paul your late maternal uncle?

Anyway you are going to hell for calling me stupid. You better fall on your knees and ask your invisible sky daddy to forgive u, otherwise, we will hookup in hell grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
frank317:

Anyway you are going to hell for calling me stupid. You better fall on your knees and ask your invisible sky daddy to forgive u, otherwise, we will hookup in hell grin
I get tired of chatting with you, you be confirm dullard, contageous one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
dalaman:

Can you tell us the reason for human existence? Is it universally accepted? why or why not?
You repeat the same crap everyday. Can u use your brain for once in your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 11:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
winner01:

You claim to know the reason for human existence here on earth, I have asked you and kingebukasblog but you have refused to state it.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:55am On Nov 05, 2015
winner01:

Bro... anytime you see the atheists reason unintelligibly , begin to give praises to God because the presence of their depraved mind is clearly evident (Romans 1 : 28)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:56am On Nov 05, 2015
dalaman:

According to stories abi? Where you there when Paul was killing christians or did you read the story somewhere? Imagine someone basing his existence on mythical and fictitious stories that ancient people kept spreading around.

Paul is a historical figure ... you are really uneducated
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by dalaman: 3:35am On Nov 05, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Paul is a historical figure ... you are really uneducated

Historical figures don't tell lies using your logic? So what if he was a historical figure? He wrote down lies, myths and fiction just like many that came before and after him.
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by ichommy(m): 7:12am On Nov 05, 2015
frank317:

grin Kudos Frank
Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:18am On Nov 05, 2015
dalaman:

Historical figures don't tell lies using your logic? So what if he was a historical figure? He wrote down lies, myths and fiction just like many that came before and after him.

LOL ...@winner01 ... this is the person who claimed he was a christian and johnydon22 said he was "top-notch" . Paul's 14books in the bible were letters to churches he started . He wrote letters to them under the guidance of the Holy Spirit . The purpose of the letters were mostly to strengthen their belief in God and encourage them to be steadfast in the Lord .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by frank317: 7:36am On Nov 05, 2015
winner01:
I get tired of chatting with you, you be confirm dullard, contageous one.

Lol... You have called me frustrated, then you called me stu.pid and now I am a contagious dullard. I have already seen u in hell. Well, for ur info, I am not a dullard. I am just a guy who is here to expose you to the fact that your God does not exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Ways Christianity Inoculates Itself Against Reason And Logic by winner01(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2015
dalaman:

You claim to know the reason for human existence here on earth, I have asked you and kingebukasblog but you have refused to state it.
Give sensible reasons for the claims youve made first, we can start from there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? / Prophet TB Joshua Celebrates His 55th Birthday Today / "i Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.