Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? (6115 Views)

Is Love Sex! The Difference Between Love Making And Sex. / Secrets Of A Happy Marriage? Sleeping Unclad, Spending Time Apart And Arguing / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Diva1(f): 7:07pm On May 11, 2009
What is the difference between a break-up(It's over) and splitting up,( having some time apart) when most times, in both cases, both partners could still come back together or not?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by ElRazur: 7:11pm On May 11, 2009
You mean "trial separation" and breaking up?

The former is for spending time apart so as to try and fix a weaken relationship, while the latter is when parties involve cannot reach a resolution and go each other's way. smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Diva1(f): 7:15pm On May 11, 2009
Yeah separation and break up.

Some people use the word break-up, saying it's over and all and they still end up coming together and the other too spending time apart and still come back. So why the use of both words especially the break-up, since it's likely to still get back.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Pataki: 7:23pm On May 11, 2009
Are you saying those words cannot be used interchangably? I think they are of the same meaning and comprehension.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Diva1(f): 7:26pm On May 11, 2009
I'm wondering if they are 'cos from what I'm made to understand, when someone says he/she wants to break up with the other, it means, they are done, not getting back but sometimes, they still get back while time splitting up, some time apart could mean a time frame and they still know they would get back after the time frame, and in most cases, they might not get back. Wondering how likely people are to get back together after a break up.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by IFELEKE(m): 7:27pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur:

You mean "trial separation" and breaking up?

The former is for spending time apart so as to try and fix a weaken relationship, while the latter is when parties involve cannot reach a resolution and go each other's way. smiley
Technically you are right but oftentimes, calling for a time apart is just a subtle way of saying it all over.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by ElRazur: 9:01pm On May 11, 2009
IFELEKE:

Technically you are right but oftentimes, calling for a time apart is just a subtle way of saying it all over.

Like when ladies come out with that classic "it is me not you" line? grin

Diva1:

I'm wondering if they are 'cos from what I'm made to understand, when someone says he/she wants to break up with the other, it means, they are done, not getting back but sometimes, they still get back while time splitting up, some time apart could mean a time frame and they still know they would get back after the time frame, and in most cases, they might not get back. Wondering how likely people are to get back together after a break up.

I think you should start looking for alternatives, He dont like you any more lol.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Sissy3(f): 9:21pm On May 11, 2009
Like Pataki said sometimes they are used in interchangeably.

however, sometimes when someone says I"m breaking up it means it is OVER between us. no more no less whereas, time apart aka, taking a break from the relationship means the party involved just need that time apart from each other to reexamine the direction that the relationship is heading.
is it right for me?, do i really want this? etc. maybe after the reflections you may decide to get back to the person or call it off aka, breakup.

so basically, breakup means it is over between us while, taking a break from the relationship, means there is still a chance we might get back maybe if i examine things and determine if this is actually what i want.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Diva1(f): 9:23pm On May 11, 2009
ElRazur:

Like when ladies come out with that classic "it is me not you" line? grin

I think you should start looking for alternatives, He dont like you any more lol.

what are u talking about? r u ok?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by ElRazur: 9:24pm On May 11, 2009
Diva1:

what are u talking about? r u ok?

Wooosh.

Have sense sense of humour, my feminine friend smiley.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by tope5000: 10:08pm On May 11, 2009
Breaking up and splitting up mean the same to me. undecided
Unless u mean a trial separation?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by princeonx: 2:53am On May 03, 2011
one na holidays the other one na holiyears cool
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by Youngpo413: 7:12am On Dec 15, 2014
IFELEKE:

yes
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Break-up And Splitting Up(time Apart)? by priestly1016(m): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
Diva1:
let's just say we need a break baby, or am no longer interested in the relationship, in Anyways it can be used interchangeably

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Promise Marriage To Any Girl If…! / How Does It Feel To Be Dating Someone Who Is Intellectually Re-tarded? / What Wrong With My Gf Pic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.