Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last (870 Views)

MEN: Please Don’t Ever Consider Marrying These 10 Types Of Women (true Facts) / Nigerian To '16 & Wild' South African Girl "Leave Wild Things For Adults" / Outcome Of Relationship Built On Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last by karlriz(m): 9:29am On Nov 04, 2015
1. "I MISS YOU"

Telling your partner you miss them through a simple text or email will make them feel needed, wanted, and appreciated. If you’re home with the kids while your partner is at work, send them a group family photo with a message like, “We can’t wait for you to get home!”

2. "HOW WAS YOUR DAY"

Resist the temptation to go on a tirade about how terrible your day was as soon as you walk in the door. This isn’t to say you can’t rant and rave about a bad day, but doing so without consideration of your partner’s life is self-centered.

3. "Do you remember that time we...?"

Relationships have a way of losing that magical “spark” as the months and years go by. Reminding your partner of your most cherished memories together—like your first vacation together, or that one time you got busted making out in a mall elevator—will help you remember why your relationship is so special in the first place.

4. "HOW CAN I HELP..?"

If you’ve ever panicked in the morning because you’re running late to work and can’t find your keys, you know there are few things more stressful than losing something at an inopportune time. Lighten your partner’s load by asking them how you can help when they appear stressed out or overburdened.

5. "WHAT DO YOU THINK?"

Your relationship shouldn’t be a dictatorship, but rather a democracy. Ask your partner how they feel about all decisions big and small, from where to visit for summer vacation, to your children’s education.

6. "YOU'RE SO GORGEOUS/HANDSOME"

If you don’t compliment your partner, how can you expect them to feel wanted or appreciated? Tell them all about their strong-suits by saying things like: “I love it when you smile, because you have the cutest dimples.”

7. "LET'S MEET IN THE MIDDLE"

It's easy to become convinced that you’re 100% right during a nasty fight, but please resist the urge to be stubborn. Thinking your partner is wrong about something isn’t an excuse to discount how they feel. Let go of your need to be right and work together as a team.

8. "I'M SORRY. YOU'RE RIGHT."

Making a mistake is okay (within reason) as long as you’re humble enough to say you’re sorry and accept personal responsibility. Refusing to admit your mistakes, however, could turn what would have been a small squabble into an eternal dispute that destroys trust.

9. "PLEASE" and "THANK YOU"

Tell me which one you’d rather hear from your partner:
1) Take the bag outside.
2) Hey honey, could you please take the bag outside? I’m tied up with the laundry right now, so I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

Big difference, am I right?

10. "I LOVE YOU"

No matter how long you’ve known a person, I can promise that those 3 words will never lose meaning.

Courtesy: wowz daily

What's your take on this??. You can add your view or disagree with the above with logic point. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last by Ignatiusprince(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2015
Nice one.... but not in d mood 4 diz..... jst go and look 4 a church girl....
Re: Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last by Bamibor: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nice points. Many marriages today are hitting the rock because of simple things like these
Re: Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
Op you see that guys hair style, I love it. Thinking of turning my little afro to such. I will save d pics. Can you help me with the name pls. And you see love. Am runing away from love dont know why.

(1) (Reply)

Chei! See The Power Of Love! Love Is Beautiful! Don't Go Without Reading This!! / How To Save Money On A Wedding: The Top 10 Ideas. / 11 Things That Instantly Make A Man Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.