Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (24690 Views)

Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
simplycarro:

Stupid lies. grin grin
You can only rig where you are popular. Ojukwu was never a popular politician in the SE.

And why do you think PDP has always won almost every election in the SE? because they are only one who field popular candidates? I was on the ground in the east the two times Ojukwu vyed for elections. I saw people massively vote for Ojukwu like there was no tomorrow. I aLao saw PDP rig him out.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by origima: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
These ikemba ndi nnewi is for nnewi people.he died a bloody womaniser and rascal chain smoker who lavished his father's wealth.

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by sanmibukunmi: 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
Rest in peace to him......
ps- please lets respect and honour the man regardless of what we feel about him. he is gone and what will become of us depends on us now and not on him.....
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:11pm On Nov 04, 2015
Guyman02:

Yes we know you are Yoruba because it is only a Yoruba Muslim that will speak like you.
Why are Yorubas so much against Biafra and Igbos? A Hausa and Fulani man will not even make the same statement you made here.
Igbos have never campaigned against the quest by some Yorubas to have Oduduwa republic, so why are you a clog in their wheel? Wetin dem do you?

What's ur point?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tripleclick(m): 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2015
WHO IS YORUBA HERO A MAN THAT CHOP RAT POISON .... HAHAHAHAHA!

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:
And why do you think PDP has always won almost every election in the SE, because they are only one who field popular candidates. I was on the ground in the east the two times Ojukwu vyed for elections. I saw people massively vote for Ojukwu like there was no tomorrow. I aLao saw PDP rig him out.

Yet when Ojukwu contested for senatorial elections in the 80s, he lost massively to a relatively unknown Igbo man.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tripleclick(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2015
THEY SAID OJUKWU RAN AWAY.... AND WHAT DD AWOLOWO DD? SUCIDE!!!
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by simplycarro: 12:16pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:

And why do you think PDP has always won almost every election in the SE, because they are only one who field popular candidates. I was on the ground in the east the two times Ojukwu vyed for elections. I saw people massively vote for Ojukwu like there was no tomorrow. I aLao saw PDP rig him out.
Those that rigged him out in PDP are Hausa or Yoruba? Are they not fellow Ibos? Are you saying they have more clout?
You keep contradicting yourself.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tripleclick(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
NOTHING KILLS A YORROBER MAN THAN THIS

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
simplycarro:

Those that rigged him out in PDP are Hausa or Yoruba? Are they not fellow Ibos? Are you saying they have more clout?

No mind am. The same Ojukwu contested for a senatorial seat in his district in the 80s and lost massively to an unknown Igbo man. The same Ojukwu accepted to serve on the board of the lat Chief Obafemi Awolowo's foundation...yet, his supporters keep vilifying Awo.

Yeye dey smell! undecided

OBAFEMI AWOLOWO FOUNDATION
28 LANRE AWOLOKUN ROAD
GBAGADA PHASE II
LAGOS

December 2, 2011

PRESS STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF CHIEF ODUMEGWU OJUKWU

The Ọbafẹmi Awolọwọ Foundation mourns the passing away of a leading Nigerian political figure, a fine officer and gentleman and one of our trustees, Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu.
Chief Ojukwu was invited to serve on the inaugural Board of Trustees of the Foundation almost 20 years ago. His choice was based on his renowned respect and admiration for Chief Ọbafẹmi Awolọwọ, whom he famously described as ‘the best president Nigeria never had’.

Chief Ojukwu accepted our invitation to serve under the chairmanship of General Yakubu Gowon without any hesitation whatsoever, and by so doing, demonstrated his readiness to join hands with us to sustain and promote a worthy legacy and, perhaps more importantly, his resolve to lead by example in the national effort to put the past behind us. We will always treasure his association with the Foundation.
We condole his widow, Chief Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu, his entire family, and the nation at large on the sad loss of this great Nigerian.
May his soul rest in perfect peace.

For: Ọbafẹmi Awolọwọ Foundation

Dr Ọlatokunbọ Awolọwọ Dosumu.
Executive Director
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/usaafricadialogue/OLj3hjVyX3o
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by simplycarro: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
laudate:

Yet when Ojukwu contested for senatorial elections in the 80s, he lost massively to a relatively unknown Igbo man.
That guy you quoted is confused. In one breathe, he claimed PDP wins election in the SE because they field only popular candidates, in another breathe, he claimed Ojukwu was massively voted but was rigged out. (in his own backyard)
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tripleclick(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
HOW AWOLOWO YORUBA HERO DIED

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
gigabyte13:
Kiiikikkkkkiiiii,
did u just say stay and be killed? Haaaahaaaa, so the foolish ones stay behind while the wise one ran away? Haaaaaaahaaaa. I love the way u reason, may be thats while KANU is fighting ur battle from UK

u voted for him? Where? In Nigeria? If u guys voted for him d way u did for GEJ, wont it be obvious? why una dey always run from una shadow na.
haaaaaaahaaa, l swear, i no need Ali baba or AY to laff... Biafrat thread is enough

Kid. How do you think Soldiers fight wars? You think they just run out with guns and get killed for nothing? Soldiers retreat when things are bad and when things are hopeless,they withdraw completely until a more auspicious time. That is their training and that is what Ojukwu did. If you were waiting for Ojukwu to stay back and be killed over a war that was already over, keep waiting. It would have been stupid of him to do that. I love the man because he fought, not because he lost. It's cowards who cannot fight in the first place.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by KingMikowski(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
Happy posthumous birthday.

Meanwhile, the Biafra you fought for and was defeated and which you ran away has been revived by one cone-head, albino burukutu sipping bastttard, who is currently languishing in DSS detention facility right now.

The people you left behind are Cowards and empty chest beaters. They only rant on social media and pages of newspapers.
His (Kanu) gullible followers have inherent animosity towards any group who didn't support their ideology.

They tend to be tyrannical and parasitical.
You are a coward
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by WailingWailer00(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
I hate the yellowbar race with passion
Demonic psychopaths
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tripleclick(m): 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
WailingWailer00:
I hate the yellowbar race with passion
Demonic psychopaths
THIS IS THEIR MEDICINE

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tripleclick(m): 12:31pm On Nov 04, 2015
BiafraMyAss:
Ojukwu: the nigga that betrayed his people for selfish interest. He ran away when everything was out of control. His people were killed like Christmas chickens. In retaliation, his people refused to vote for him... that shows the level of pains he inflicted on them. Those that call Ojukwu hero are hypocrites smiley

THIS KILLS YOU GUX FAST THN GUN

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2015
laudate:

Go back and ask the people who voted then if the elections were free and fair.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by gigabyte13: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2015
To summarise ur epistle, so ojukwu retreated to abidjan from the east? So abidjan was biafra HQ right? Haaaaaaaheeekiiiiiiiii retreat indeed. No kill me with laff, pple don dey look me like mad man abeggggg oooo

kingzizzy:

Kid. How do you think Soldiers fight wars? You think they just run out with guns and get killed for nothing? Soldiers retreat when things are bad and when things are hopeless,they withdraw completely until a more auspicious time. That is their training and that is what Ojukwu did. If you were waiting for Ojukwu to stay back and be killed over a war that was already over, keep waiting. It would have been stupid of him to do that. I love the man because he fought, not because he lost. It's cowards who cannot fight in the first place.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by mideactive: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
Don't 4get so soon dat u guys involved d yorubas,they we're never n are never aginst ur quest..dis whole thing started wen yorubas decided 2 vote 4 Buhari.n honestly,a reasonable ppl would try another govt.but d unreasonable ppl would always want 2 keep a bad govt just bcus of hate...u always blame yorubas 4 ur political miscalculations n attack 'em blindly..ur adourable Jonathan has succeeded in awaknin d Consciousness of Nigerians 2 our differences,n promates hates like never b4.I think u might find it abit difficult Achieving u aim now,but I'm 100per sure no yoruba person is aginst it.our only crime is voting Buhari..

Guyman02:

Yes we know you are Yoruba because it is only a Yoruba Muslim that will speak like you.
Why are Yorubas so much against Biafra and Igbos? A Hausa and Fulani man will not even make the same statement you made here.
Igbos have never campaigned against the quest by some Yorubas to have Oduduwa republic, so why are you a clog in their wheel? Wetin dem do you?
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by endoski: 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2015
hapi postumious birthday mi hero,a rare gem,one in a life time. may ur soul continue to rest in peace *crying*
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2015
simplycarro:

Doesn't matter the ethnicity of the person who rigged Ojukwu out, the simple thing to understand is that only PDP could win elections in the SE at the time because they had power of incumbency and the Billions needed to do so. Not even the Pope could have won elections in the SE if he wasn't PDP then. If elections had been free and fair, PDP would been controlling no state in the SE by now. But we all know that Nigerian elections are little more than a competition in riggin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Intrepid01(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:

He left two days before the war ended. What did you want him to do? Stay and be killed over a war that was virtually over? Soldiers are thought to survive and live to fight another day, not to die needlessly.

Ojukwu did not start any war. If you want to know who started the war then ask who came down to the east to start shooting and bombibg the place. If Nigeria had left Biafra alone, there would have been no war.

Ojukwu was never abandoned by his people, we voted massively for him every time. Unfortunately, PDP rigged him out every time

Kanu is no Ojukwu but Biafra is much bigger than Kanu or Ojukwu

I just sighted a man that needs a lot of lesson on Biafra war.

My Brother be honest to yourself as an Ibo man; go to a standard bookshop by books on Biafra. Writers like Ojukwu, Amadi and others preferably. It will be a disservice to your tribe if al you know about the war is hear says.

It is just an advice.
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:45pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:
Go back and ask the people who voted then if the elections were free and fair.

If it was not free and fair, what did his supporters do to redress the issue?? Did Ojukwu go to court to contest the election results?? What happened next?? undecided
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by evergenuine(m): 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
One of the children resembles fani kayode cool

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by AkwaIbomrep1: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
lalasticlala:
Odumegwu Ojukwu Turns 82 Today!

Happy posthumous birthday to Ojukwu..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3035260_images21_jpegbea6308e780011f9818310d0209cf707

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3035263_images25_jpegfdc0c25cc0e64b891974eb2fdea8615a

We the good ppl of Akwa/Cross nation (Akwa ibom & Cross river ) sincerely wish our hero Ikemba O. Ojukwu a happy (posthumous) birthday anniversary ...Hip! Hip!! Hip!!! ............Hurray ! Abasi adiong Biafra my land #VisitAkwaibom

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kingzizzy: 12:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
gigabyte13:
To summarise ur epistle, so ojukwu retreated to abidjan from the east? So abidjan was biafra HQ right? Haaaaaaaheeekiiiiiiiii retreat indeed. No kill me with laff, pple don dey look me like mad man abeggggg oooo

Are you this deaf? Ojukwu left at the end of the war, when things were hopeless. The very next day Ojukwu left, a ceasefire was declared. So what would have been the point of Ojukwu staying back to be killed over a war that was over? So if it was you that was leading a war and the war is ending tomorrow, you will stay back and get killed for nothing? Use your brains
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2015
The coward who was so desperate for power that he led thousands to their early grave via civil war and ran away when it was obvious that he will lose.

Same man that hated Nigeria still returned back to contest for Nigeria's President. Same man went to the north during campaign to shout One Nigeria. Lools.

He created APGA but his wife was still an ambassador under PDP. He deceived so many people that even at death, their eyes never clear yet.

2 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by sukkot: 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Rilwayne001 you a funny dude mayne LWKM BUAHAHAHAHAHA. grin grin grin
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:
Are this deaf? Ojukwu left at the end of the war, when things were hopeless. The very next day Ojukwu left, a ceasefire was declared. So what would have been the point of Ojukwu staying back to be killed over a war that was over? So if it was you that was leading a war and the war is ending tomorrow, you will stay back and get killed for nothing? Use your brains

Guy, so he could send other folks to be killed, but he himself was afraid of being killed?? shocked shocked Did you ever read any of Ojukwu's speeches during the civil war??
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by simplycarro: 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingzizzy:

Doesn't matter the ethnicity of the person who rigged Ojukwu out, the simple thing to understand is that only PDP could win elections in the SE at the time because they had power of incumbency and the Billions needed to do so. Not even the Pope could have won elections in the SE if he wasn't PDP then. If elections had been free and fair, PDP would been controlling no state in the SE by now. But we all know that Nigerian elections are little more than a competition in riggin
You guys are cowards! you can't face your oppressors!
Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-ojukwu's 82nd Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by free2blast(m): 12:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
Chrisx1x:
*snif and wipe my eyes wit my hanki,let me shed a little crocodile tears*A coward who decieved my Yeebos,may ur manhood live on.ise ise
I feel your pain, but as long as his manhood lives on, he will never be forgotten sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Is A Bullying Party, Says Atiku / Police Withdraw All MOPOL In Benue On Special Duties (See Letter) / Lekki Deep Seaport To Begin Operations This Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.