Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,805 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) (36216 Views)

Pictures Of Flooded Streets Of Port Harcourt After Yesterday’s Rain / Enugu Flooded After Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / The Deadly Condition Of Ejigbo After Heavy Rainfall (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2015
femeritus:
On such days like the ones in the pictures,I just leave my car, remove my shoes, roll up my trousers and start trekking but some motorists defy the flood and drive amidst it, most especially Jeep owners.
The general name for vehicles so shaped is SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle), not Jeep. Jeep is a company that does vehicles. SUV is on the list of their products. Companies such as Toyota, Mazda, Kia, and so forth, all do SUVs. Unfortunately, people wrongly call such Jeep.

femeritus:
Though the road is good, the poor drainage system always leaves the road flooded.
The problem in most areas I have been to in the South - south region is poor or no drainage system, even in "top-notch" areas with very beautiful houses. I don't know if there is a cultural element that kicks against erecting drainage systems or something.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 10:50am On Nov 05, 2015
d33types:

The rain drops clearly on the bodies of the cars says you're lying on the 2hrs timing

Lol..bad detective.

The guy is prolly a paid agent sent to discredit someone.

And the mods couldn't even detect his lie.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Donphilly(m): 11:03am On Nov 05, 2015
O'boy, it wasn't funny this morning as Rumuigbo was crazy, one of the worst floods i have witnessed in this area since I moved here some years back.

But thank God for the work the governor did on the road; the flood quickly drains out after just a while unlike before.

But seriously Nyesom Wike is the man.
I am really impressed with the transformation so far. Psychiatric Road that I have always avoided is now my best option when going to work. Thank you NY governor @ Nyesom Wike

1 Like

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by marlockj: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2015
femeritus:
This beautiful and road in GRA Phase 3, popularly known as Rotimi Ameachi Drive, is always flooded any time there is rainfall. My office is around the area. On such days like the ones in the pictures,I just leave my car, remove my shoes, roll up my trousers and start trekking but some motorists defy the flood and drive amidst it, most especially Jeep owners. Though the road is good, the poor drainage system always leaves the road flooded.

See pictures below.

Wonders they say shall never end.

You Mean you pack your car,on flood of car Tyre level.

U trek Jst Cuz of flood of car Tyre level,haha.

U said the road is good, Why shuld you park ur car then.

Nigerians always Nigerian.

Evn with the pic it shows the road is good,n flood level low.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by sunsewa: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2015
maxdozie:
U know I hate lies!
Their is nothing like flood in that area!

Their are underground Waterway in that road and the passage of water is very lil thats why you see much water around that area!

but after the rain stops , Give it 5min the whole water would go down!
Na true or Lie
now stop spreading lies

Don't say what u don't know,I reside at abacha rd near chicken republic GRA 3 PH,and my office also Abacha rd close to next time supermarket, my compound is flooded with water right now,infact I decided to wear short jean to my office,and my office front road is flooded right now.

1 Like

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Donphilly(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2015
O'boy, it wasn't funny this morning as Rumuigbo was crazy, one of the worst floods i have witnessed in this area since I moved here some years back.

But thank God for the work the governor did on the road; the flood quickly drains out after just a while unlike before.

But seriously Nyesom Wike is the man.
I am really impressed with the transformation so far. Psychiatric Road that I have always avoided is now my best option when going to work. Thank you my governor @ Nyesom Wike

3 Likes

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by flokii: 11:08am On Nov 05, 2015
Africans...
what can we do on our own successfully sef?
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 11:10am On Nov 05, 2015
sunsewa:

Don't say what u don't know,I reside at abacha rd near chicken republic GRA 3 PH,and my office also Abacha rd close to next time supermarket, my compound is flooded with water right now,infact I decided to wear short jean to my office,and my office front road is flooded right now.

Very simple solution.

The govt will de-silt that canal traversing through GRA and the flood will ease away immediately after rainfall..

They are on it already, be patient.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 05, 2015
Ptui! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 05, 2015
That's child's play compared to real flood in some areas.The cause of the flood is improper construction and linking of drainages to empty at the canals.Port Harcourt is a piece of shit,people build without proper approvals and regulation by the government.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by uchennn: 11:26am On Nov 05, 2015
menix:
PH people funny ooo..
Just this small bucket water make them the fight...

Abeg make una come Lagos when e rain, Infact some street no need rain they re naturally river..

If una experience Lagos flood, u go know say Red sea get path with Lagos gutter..
Lagos boy. Nawa ooh, person no go hear word. No be you first start to live for Lagos na
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by oviejnr(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2015
That's what you get when you build houses and construct roads without drainage pattern for easy flow of water undecidedundecided
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by hamzakito(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2015
maxdozie:
U know I hate lies!

Their are underground Waterway in that road and the passage of water is very lil thats why you see much water around that area!

Na true or Lie
now stop spreading lies
guy no mind op. their doing campaign for dakuku...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by sunsewa: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Very simple solution.

The govt will de-silt that canal traversing through GRA and the flood will ease away immediately after rainfall..

They are on it already, be patient.

Seems this thread has paid off,just saw some white men contractors guarded by military men inspecting the drainages on foot at Abacha road right now.

1 Like

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by menix(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2015
uchennn:

Lagos boy. Nawa ooh, person no go hear word. No be you first start to live for Lagos na

U just sounded like those jealous village boiz we meet on our December visits..

Lagos or village, what matters is ur ego..

So dude, gerarahia
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by HopeAtHand: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2015
sunsewa:

Seems this thread has paid off,just saw some white men contractors guarded by military men inspecting the drainages on foot at Abacha road right now.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by meforyou1(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2015
d33types:

The rain drops clearly on the bodies of the cars says you're lying on the 2hrs timing
did you look the pictures well and didnt see drainage?
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Iyoma2(f): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
You get time oh, how that one come concern me? I have seen such scenes in lekki, ikoyi n VI n as soon as d rain stops d place becomes normal rain na water n water no get enemy weda na Amaechi drive or Wike close.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 05, 2015
Rivers state is one of the places in Nigeria where roads are constructed without gutters or any form of drainage hence whenever it rains, theres always hold up as water blocks access and vehicles thread cautiously to avoid water damage.

You can only enjoy mobility when you own a jeep in this place, as water will flood your car and u will be bailing water out of it like a canoe. cheesy
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by higherpower: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Omololu007:
Who we go come believe now

Believe the one that says there is drainage. My place is around that area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by ricsman(m): 12:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
kaeforum:
Rivers state is one of the places in Nigeria where roads are constructed without gutters or any form of drainage hence whenever it rains, theres always hold up as water blocks access and vehicles thread cautiously to avoid water damage.

You can only enjoy mobility when you own a jeep in this place, as water will flood your car and u will be bailing water out of it like a canoe. cheesy
when last did u visit Rivers state?

maybe you are right base on where you have being. just try not to generalize things.

all road constructed as from 2007 have underground drainage.

governor Wike right now is trying to repair some that are bad and constructing new ones.... though some without underground drainage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by otokx(m): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2015
When houses are built on natural waterways what then do you expect? The gutters and drainage's do not necessarily empty into the canals which in themselves are mostly stagnant.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
LWKM.
okpurukata:
And this is Rumuigbo this morning after the heavy rain.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by loomer: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2015
maxdozie:
U know I hate lies!

Na true or Lie

now stop spreading lies

Oga sharap, 5mins ko 5hours ni, even for developed countries, that kind water go take hours to leave the road.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by melodies: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
The Op is petty. Please he should post pics of roads in his own State after rainfall and post pics of GRA 3 after rainfall and let's see. PH has drainages and well built roads, so nobody should try to confuse others who have never been there. Anyone in doubt should come to PH and verify. I went to Imo and verified the horrible condition of roads there.

Mischief is 2nd nature to some
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by plasterboy: 1:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
which side u dey live for Nigeria,for Aba na every day rain even now wey we d talk[color=#000099][/color] grin
diplomat51:
So rain is still falling in some part of Nigeria. Na sun wan kill us here o
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
I dedicate these photos to buhari,amaechi nd dakuku for refusing to allow N.E.W. To fufilled His Visions for the people of they River State.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by banio: 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2015
It's well. The rain this morning poured continuously for 3 hours. That Amaechi road is always like that after a heavy rain, though there is a river close by.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by banio: 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Why do we deny the obvious. Even in advance con3 like USA they also experience flood during heavy down-pour.
Abi na PDP and APC cause the down-pour

1 Like

Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by kunbit(f): 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
melodies:
The Op is petty. Please he should post pics of roads in his own State after rainfall and post pics of GRA 3 after rainfall and let's see. PH has drainages and well built roads, so nobody should try to confuse others who have never been there. Anyone in doubt should come to PH and verify. I went to Imo and verified the horrible condition of roads there.
I don't want to accuse you of lying. I love ph but the roads are nth to write home about and the drainage system is really poor

Mischief is 2nd nature to some
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by nikz(f): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Enesi47:
keep blame ameachi after wike 6month

Keep blaming Jonathan after Buhari 6months.
Re: GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) by melodies: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
Yes Kunbit, well built because we don't just pour concrete on roads in PH! Foundations are first made and then lined with rods before other processes so, yes, well built, it is, isn't it?

[quote author=kunbit post=39711490][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Indebted States In Nigeria 2023 / CNN Investigates Why Buhari Dumped $182 Halliburton Bribe Scandal / How Aisha Buhari Welcomed Husband From UK Medical Leave (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.