Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Share Your Examples Of Real Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Share Your Examples Of Real Love (2955 Views)

There Are No Cute Guys On Nairaland. (examples) / IS THERE A WAY TO FIND REAL LOVE? / Characteristics Of Real Men..... By Dr Myles Munroe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Examples Of Real Love by wetindey: 12:55pm On Nov 01, 2005
i know a woman who is devoted to a man - she lives for him. they started out as high school lovers, after graduating university they moved in together. she got a good job he didn't. after three years he had become so affected by his professional failure that he started to close himself from her. he started drinking heavily, seeing other women, and lying to her. she remained devoted to him regardless. she did everything she could to help him get his life back on track - she helped him quit drinking, she paid for his retraining and supported him emotionally. after about two years he got a good job and his self-esteem rose back to the way it was when they first met. five years later they are married and have two kids. she stays at home and he earns enough to support the family. they still have problems but remain devoted to each other.

that's love. who has another example?
Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by layi(m): 1:03am On Nov 05, 2005
...and I hope they last 50yrs of marriage

Angela once told us a beautiful story.

A man and woman in their 80s walked into a restaurant. The man had to open the door for the wife, pull out her seat. Held her hands while ordering for foods. kiss the hands and were whispering sweet nothings to each other.
At 80 ? WOW! thats Love......,thats if there are no camera crew and directors around.
Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by Trooper(m): 2:51am On Nov 06, 2005
@ wetindey. This is a really touching story. Wish I could tell you guys something similar to it but I never met a woman who really loved me, only relationships. Guess just because I'm an ass, a soldier....and because I have seen too much shit in my life......too many people crying, dying etc.........Real love ? Probably I will still find it one day
Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by Z4M4eva(f): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2005
Real love, is when da truth hurts to tell, but ya tell it newayz.

Real love is when you can make sacrifices for da one you lvoe(n hey when i say "sacrifices", i don't mean to die),cos dieing for da one you love is STUPID n it's not gonna solve nething, more like make matters worse/even more COMPLICATED
Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by natasha: 1:47am On Nov 13, 2005
i once luved a guy while in high school. he meant everything 2 me. he was everything u'd want in a man. Though he wasn't rich i was happy being with him. He was a year my junior academically but my senior in age. he was loving and understanding. he was my first love. He would walk to my house every morning just to see me. I felt like the luckiest girl in the whole world.
Like they say, good things don't last for long. Gradually he changed from a loving man to an aggresive man. He barely visited me. I was broken hearted. But I believed what we shared was for real and believed he would come back to me. Things took a turn for the worse when there were rumours about me dating different guys in town. Maybe that was all the excuse he needed to be away from me. I tried talking things with him, through letters, friends etc but he wouldn't bulge. Imagine my Joy and hapiness when he turned up saying he was sorry for all the pains he had caused and made new promises. I was over the moon. Then he came and said he wanted sex or else he'd live, i did'nt want to loose him, i tried talking 2 him to see if we cld slow things down a bit, he's mind was made up: have sex or leave. I was young and naive, had no experience of men. I gave in, in pain and tears he tried penetrating me but he could not. i was too tight, I was a Virgin. But he told me i wasn't and i believed him. I lived in an abusive relationship believing he was the best man for me. he dated my friends etc. i was in pains yet I loved him and remained faithful.
But then I came across a saying from a pst, she said " U'r an aset not a liability". that was all i needed. I dried my eyes, accepted the fact that I was'nt needed and moved on. It took me 2 yrs to put my life together, 2 yrs to trust again, 2 yrs to love again. And when I did open my heart up I met someone who loved me for my simplicity, humility, patience and teachable spirit as i learnt later in the relationship.
I was in dt relationship for 3 yrs, and another 2 yrs went by b4 i cld love again. But the tears i cried are dried, my broken heart is healed, i'm older now, stronger and wise enough to make my decisions.
On my wedding night, we made love, for the first time I felt involved in the whole affair, my husband was gentle to me, I looked in his eyes and saw pure, honest love, something my ex never showed me. That same night, I was disvirgined by my husband.
Alas, i said God had rewarded my Faithfulness to my ex with my dignity. all i did was take a chance.
I live a better live today, I'm more happy than i was. Today my ex wish he never treated me the way he did, he finally realised those rumours were baseless, he realised among all the girls he had dated, non tolerated/celebrated him like i did, he realised i loved him and was true to him. He made so many promises to me and broke every one of them. Sometimes I still feel the pain of how i was treated, but i was rewarded with a loving, faithful, God fearing husband, and I'm grateful to God for Him.
Today I'm one year in marriage and expecting our first baby. I never regretted leaving my ex, and i'm not bitter over the way i was treated, because it's made me appreciate my husband more
If u love truly, u woul never loose entirely.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by cheekee(f): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2005
this is my own/real love story:
well ihad|have this boy and we started seeing eachother since we were 12!!!!!!the school which we went to was a boarding school and didnt allow boy and girl realationship so we tried to hide it from the public but love is so natural that you cant hide and sooner or later everyone knew about it.despite the fact that our teachers were so harsh with our realationship we never could stop despite the efforts of trying to ...........we were so in love and it was just so hard to live a single minute without eachother.anyways the situatin went on for years we had no freedom at all in school,during vacations we hardly saw eachother due to the fact that we lived 1000kms from one another.despit these facts we made a promise to love eachother forever in good or bad,for better and for worse.i always heard bad roumours about my baby boy and sometimes he also heard roumuors about me that i was flirting with other guys....but we both kept cotton in our ears and even built more trust in eacother ............thogh sometimes it wasn't easy.in 10th gradei heard of roumours that my boo flirted with this other girl without my awareness.alot of people especially the girls tried alot to convince me believe but i had put so m uch trust in him and wouldnt believe in anyone after so much pressure from friends i finally ended up asking him,and i forever regreted this because he told me to my face that it was the dead truth!!!!!!!i lost power and fainted at the same second he confessed cry im telling ya it wasnt easy for because i was so crazy in love with him.days went onand i hated him with intense hatred ,i mean i couldnt even look at him cause iwould feel like vommitting.during vacation i met another boy whose father is said to be the richest in the city which im living because he has more than 97 petrol stations,this guy was cool ,rich and had everything any girl could ever want. after some few months of relarionship i started realiing that he wasnt my true love ,i realised that my true love was the one who betrayed me and even though he did betray me i wasnt suppose to let go cause we human beings fall!WHEN YOU FALL GET UP AND DUST YOURSELF OFF AFTERWARDS KEEP ON MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!so though my second boy had done me no wrong {actually he was really caring}i dumped him {something that brought a great effect to his life}and made it up with my true love. who was so sorry regretful to what he had done to me.years passed by and though through strong resistance of the teachers we finally graduated high school and introduced eachother to our parents.we are definately bot planning on breaking up as we believe that our love is TRUE AND REAL LOVE and trust that after some years we're going to get married.thats it what do ya think about it??
Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by eveseh(f): 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2006
cheekee:

this is my own/real love story:
well ihad|have this boy and we started seeing eachother since we were 12!!!!!!the school which we went to was a boarding school and didnt allow boy and girl realationship so we tried to hide it from the public but love is so natural that you can't hide and sooner or later everyone knew about it.despite the fact that our teachers were so harsh with our realationship we never could stop despite the efforts of trying to , we were so in love and it was just so hard to live a single minute without eachother.anyways the situatin went on for years we had no freedom at all in school,during vacations we hardly saw eachother due to the fact that we lived 1000kms from one another.despit these facts we made a promise to love eachother forever in good or bad,for better and for worse.i always heard bad roumours about my baby boy and sometimes he also heard roumuors about me that i was flirting with other guys, but we both kept cotton in our ears and even built more trust in eacother , thogh sometimes it wasn't easy.in 10th gradei heard of roumours that my boo flirted with this other girl without my awareness.alot of people especially the girls tried alot to convince me believe but i had put so m uch trust in him and wouldnt believe in anyone after so much pressure from friends i finally ended up asking him,and i forever regreted this because he told me to my face that it was the dead truth!!!!!!!i lost power and fainted at the same second he confessed cry im telling ya it wasnt easy for because i was so crazy in love with him.days went onand i hated him with intense hatred ,i mean i couldnt even look at him cause iwould feel like vommitting.during vacation i met another boy whose father is said to be the richest in the city which im living because he has more than 97 petrol stations,this guy was cool ,rich and had everything any girl could ever want. after some few months of relarionship i started realiing that he wasnt my true love ,i realised that my true love was the one who betrayed me and even though he did betray me i wasnt suppose to let go cause we human beings fall!WHEN YOU FALL GET UP AND DUST YOURSELF OFF AFTERWARDS KEEP ON MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!so though my second boy had done me no wrong {actually he was really caring}i dumped him {something that brought a great effect to his life}and made it up with my true love. who was so sorry regretful to what he had done to me.years passed by and though through strong resistance of the teachers we finally graduated high school and introduced eachother to our parents.we are definately bot planning on breaking up as we believe that our love is TRUE AND REAL LOVE and trust that after some years we're going to get married.thats it what do ya think about it??

good one, grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Examples Of Real Love by Snoggy(m): 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Do Men Act Strange To Thier Girlfriends When They See New Girl Outside? / Ever Gotten Back Together With Your Ex? Did It Work? / Ma Embarrassing Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.