Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373553 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
solite3:
its like my silence is not helping you.
silence? what silence?
Jesus himself said he had flesh and bones which which spirits do not have ,Jesus grave is still empty till today
sir, I did ask you to quote the verse na, all you did is to change your words from jess said he is not a spirit to jesus said he had flesh and bones which spirits do not have.
who told you spirits cannot have flesh and bones sir?
U quote verses upside down and then use it for argument
U read 2 peter 3:18 y don't u read vs 19 and see how it exposes you
1.you could not even quote any, both the one you said I read and the one you said I did not read.
2. you could not even show how it exposes me.
3. you could not even try to explain those verses
4. I never quoted 2 peter 3:18 on these issue to you, I quoted 1 peter 3: 18 which says :
1Pe 3:18For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.
As for 1 cor 15:50 did Jesus tell you he was flesh and blood?
not jesus did not tell me he was flesh and blood when he ascended to heaven, this is what the disciples said about inheriting gods kingdom:
1Co 15:50But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption[/u]

1 cor 15:45 is clearly distinguishing the kind of spirit Christ has. Christ has both spirit and body just like Adam but Christ is a life giving spirit but Adam is just a living soul.
you are wrong sir!, it does not distinguish the kind of spirit jesus had let's look at the verse again:
1Co 15:45So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam
became a life-giving SPIRIT.

from the book of genesis, we know how the first Adam became a living soul.
King James Version
Ge 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

this verse says the last adam(jesus) became a life giving spirit!, the word "became" , tells us what jesus Christ is . He is a life giving spirit, a spirit that could give life, it does not mean he had a spirit that could give life.
When God resurrected jesus, he resurrected him as a spirit( which he was before), and this spirit has the power to give life!. jesus was a spirit before becoming flesh, and became a spirit after giving that flesh as a ransom sacrifice for us,he could not have taken it back after giving it on our behalf!
Read this verses :
[b]1Co 15:35Nevertheless, someone will say: “How are the dead to be raised up? Yes, with what sort of body are they coming?”
1Co 15:36You unreasonable person! What you sow is not made alive unless first it dies.
1Co 15:37And as for what you sow, you sow, not the body that will develop, but just a bare grain, whether of wheat or of some other kind of seed;
1Co 15:38 but God gives it a body just as it has pleased him, and gives to each of the seeds its own body.
1Co 15:40And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies; but the glory of the heavenly bodies is one sort, and that of the earthly bodies is a different sort.
1Co 15:42So it is with the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised up in incorruption.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.
1Co 15:47 The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.
1Co 15:48Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly.
1Co 15:49And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.
sir, you cannot take your flesh and blood to heaven!

The spirit of Christ is the quickening spirit read romans 8:11
But if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall quicken your mortal bodies by his spirit that dwelleth in you.
Ro 8:11If, now, the spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in you.
what you said is different from what the verse said . plso tell
1. who or what is "the spirit of him that/who raised jesus from the dead!
2.who is the one who raised up Christ from the dead cus it's this one that owns or has the spirit that will make our mortal bodies alive.
3. is this verse talking about resurrection?

Readers can see that the spirit that raised up Jesus from the dead is also the quickening spirit that will raise the believers.
now will those believers be able to give life too? no , jesus is a life giving spirit, not a flesh and gone with a spirit that can give life!
Paul refers to Christ as a quickening spirit cause Christ is the spirit that gives life but it does not mean Christ does not have a body.
sure Christ has a body, a spirit one!, Christ is a spirit that can give life!
Readers should note that some of Paul's words may be hard to understand which peter also confirms.
haha!, it's you that's finding it hard to twist his words!. adam became a living soul, jesus became a life giving spirit! simple!
The best way to understand Paul is to look at what Jesus said but Jehovah witnesses refuse while twisting Paul's words same thing they do with other verses.
2 peter 3:15-16
that verse is referring to you, who is trying to twist Paul's words.
lemme ask you, those who will be resurrected to heaven, what will they be resurrected as, flesh and blood or spirit creatures?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
brocab:
Interesting? The further we hear more on these subjects the more closest the JW's are facing the place they refuse to believe Hell fire ever existed.
Which of course is sad-God see's everybody equal, and yet the JW's and other religions, have refused and have turned their backs against Christ, living a life of fear and torment { 2 Timothy 3:7} Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. And that Christ ever existed.
I pray that all man kind will study the word of God-and find the love of Christ, buried deep down within their hearts, and be set free and delivered them from all their pains and their un-forgiven natures, that they have carried with them since time began.
I pray the JW's will lead people to Christ, and not the Watchtower organisation.
brocab, pls tell us, what goes to he'll fire, the spirit, the body, the soul, two of them or all three?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
johnw74

johnw74:

Lie lie barristter

more lies ofcourse, you are close to crying smiley

you started out with one lie, and recently you have been lying in every post
and now you are lying multiple times in just one sentence, that's how it goes, lie leads to more lies, to more, and to more,
but I have to give you credit, it is easy for you

ha ha the plain truth from lie lie barristter

now lie lie barristter

you got upset and said to me, where did I quote Jesus

that was yet another lie

and I replied I didn't say you quoted Jesus, I said you misquoted Jesus
which you did, and you have been lying ever since twisting and playing with words and grammar
to try and weasel out of your lies and misquoting.

Jesus said referring to Father: "the only true God"

you lie lie said: "according to the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ, ONLY the Father is the true God - John 17:3"

you lied that you were not quoting Jesus, but you even gave the book chapter and verse where Jesus said it cheesy

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

you lied about what Jesus said, you misquoted Him lie lie

na, lies cannot do it, you trash yourself in your every post wink

Cry baby , you still can't differentiate between a statement and a quote ! hehehehe . grin grin .

and with all your education, you are yet to know a misquote doesnt occur without a quote of the person in question . mis- QUOTE ! so where is the quote ( " " ) I misquoted ?

none !

its much fun reading your post here .

keep it coming !
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
johnw74

johnw74:

sure here is a Bible scripture that shows the one God is Father and son

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

wow you not to clever smiley

You can't twist anything here , there is no such thing as one God mentioned at john 1:1 , I have gave you a solid evidence at 1 Corinthians 8:6 where the One God is mentioned.

show me the underlined in the Bible ? " one God " must appear . or you lack such evidence ? grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:44am On Jul 22, 2016
The spirit will do! The words I said is hell fire, not he'll fire.
dolphinheart:

brocab, pls tell us, what goes to he'll fire, the spirit, the body, the soul, two of them or all three?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:03am On Jul 22, 2016
You complain John74 is twisting the scriptures-how can he be? because {1 Corinthians 8:6} says it as it sounds-Yet but for us there is but One God the Father from whom all things came, and for whom we live; and there is but One Lord Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
So which is it? Through whom we live, Jesus or God? Or both? Don't forget there is only One God..
Barristter07:

johnw74

You can't twist anything here , there is no such thing as one God mentioned at john 1:1 , I have gave you a solid evidence at 1 Corinthians 8:6 where the One God is mentioned.

show me the underlined in the Bible ? " one God " must appear . or you lack such evidence ? grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:31am On Jul 22, 2016
Barristter07:
johnw74

Cry baby , you still can't differentiate between a statement and a quote ! hehehehe . grin grin .

and with all your education, you are yet to know a misquote doesnt occur without a quote of the person in question . mis- QUOTE ! so where is the quote ( " " ) I misquoted ?

none !

its much fun reading your post here .

keep it coming !

it's a weird fella that thinks it's fun to be shown up for his lies all the time
but you just lie lying again

here's some more of your lies, which twisting and playing on words is

lie lie barristter

you continue to twist and play with words and grammar
and all to avoid that you lied about what Jesus said
you lie lie, misquoted Jesus
you gave book chapter and verse to Jesus quote
and then misquoted Him so as to get a diffrent meaning to what Jesus said

Jesus: "the only true God"

lie lie barristter: "ONLY the Father is the true God"

our Lord Jesus Christ never taught "ONLY the Father is the true God" as you lied of Him

Christians know the Word is also that one true God:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

you lie lie barristter misquoted Jesus, you lied about what Jesus said

such a big lie lie post after post
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:58am On Jul 22, 2016
Barristter07:

johnw74

lie lie barristter

duh, so unbelievable
John 1:1 tells that God and the Word is God
John is ofcourse talking off the one true God lie lie
or do you think John is saying God and the Word was some god, other than the one true God

there is only one God lie lie, one true God that is, and I needed to add - clarify that to such a twister of words - to such a lie lie

Jas_2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

you lie lie so blind:
2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

you so wrong many times in your every post
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:03am On Jul 22, 2016
brocab:
You complain John74 is twisting the scriptures-how can he be? because {1 Corinthians 8:6} says it as it sounds-Yet but for us there is but One God the Father from whom all things came, and for whom we live; and there is but One Lord Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
So which is it? Through whom we live, Jesus or God? Or both? Don't forget there is only One God..

bro it's amazing how false jw hate the truth
they have some knowledge, but of the wrong kind
they are told what to believe and what even to say

some people call that kind: zombies
smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:38am On Jul 22, 2016
author=dolphinheart post=47753279]
silence? what silence?

sir, I did ask you to quote the verse na, all you did is to change your words from jess said he is not a spirit to jesus said he had flesh and bones which spirits do not have.
who told you spirits cannot have flesh and bones sir?
how did change my words? Hahaha u now agreed that Jesus has flesh and bones now! Ah is it I that said spirits do not have flesh and bones? @ cancelled if spirits has flesh and bones can you call them spirits? So Jesus was lying when he said spirits do not have flesh and bones

1.you could not even quote any, both the one you said I read and the one you said I did not read.
2. you could not even show how it exposes me.
3. you could not even try to explain those verses
4. I never quoted 2 peter 3:18 on these issue to you, I quoted 1 peter 3: 18 which says :
1Pe 3:18For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive [b][[b]u]in the spirit.][/u]]
busted
Look at what the bible says
1peter 3:18
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but [i]quickened by the spirit[
@ bold did you spot the difference
not jesus did not tell me he was flesh and blood
good
when he ascended to heaven, this is what the disciples said about inheriting gods kingdom:
1Co 15:50But I tell you this, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s Kingdom, nor does corruption inherit incorruption[/u]

you are wrong sir!, it does not distinguish the kind of spirit jesus had let's look at the verse again:
1Co 15:45So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam
became a life-giving SPIRIT.

from the book of genesis, we know how the first Adam became a living soul.
King James Version
Ge 2:7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

this verse says the last adam(jesus) became a life giving spirit!, the word "became" , tells us what jesus Christ is . He is a life giving spirit, a spirit that could give life, it does not mean he had a spirit that could give life.
you are DEAD IN SPIRIT DOLPHINSHEART! YOU HEAR ME? DEAD I SAY
For the same of readers
Why did Paul refer to Jesus as a life giving spirit?
First of all consider what Jesus said in John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profits nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
And also read John1:4 In him was life and the life was the light of men
John11:25
I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.
In 1cor 15:45 Paul referring to Christ's own spiritual attribute as a life giving spirit
For example Paul says Christians are seated with Christ in the heavenlies. Do we now take it to mean Christians are already in heaven? Obviously no! So looking beyond the letter and understanding the spirit of it, is the key to understanding the bible. For the letter killeth but the spirit gives life
Paul was obviously comparing the spiritual attributes of Christ to that of Adam while Adam was just a living soul Christ is a life giving spirit this does not in anyway mean Christ was resurrected as a spirit for even while Jesus was on earth he expressed his ability to give life showing the type of spirit he is.
Christ was both spirit and body! But it is the spirit of Christ that gives life

When God resurrected jesus, he resurrected him as a spirit( which he was before), and this spirit has the power to give life!. jesus was a spirit before becoming flesh, and became a spirit after giving that flesh as a ransom sacrifice for us,he could not have taken it back after giving it on our behalf!
Luke24:37-39
37. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38. And he said unto them, why are ye troubled? And why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
But lie lie dolphinsheart says Jesus was a spirit
Its either you believe Jesus words or not!
Again you said it was Jesus flesh that was the ransom
But look at what Jesus said in Luke14:24 that his blood is the new testament.
Again in the bible the blood is life of animal and the law states that life must be for life and without sharing of blood there is no forgiveness. The blood of Christ poured out is what must go for life to return to man not his flesh. That's y Jesus resurrected with flesh and bones.

Read this verses :
[b]1Co 15:35Nevertheless, someone will say: “How are the dead to be raised up? Yes, with what sort of body are they coming?”
1Co 15:36You unreasonable person! What you sow is not made alive unless first it dies.
1Co 15:37And as for what you sow, you sow, not the body that will develop, but just a bare grain, whether of wheat or of some other kind of seed;
1Co 15:38 but God gives it a body just as it has pleased him, and gives to each of the seeds its own body.
1Co 15:40And there are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies; but the glory of the heavenly bodies is one sort, and that of the earthly bodies is a different sort.
1Co 15:42So it is with the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised up in incorruption.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a physical body; it is raised up a spiritual body. If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.
1Co 15:47 The first man is from the earth and made of dust; the second man is from heaven.
1Co 15:48Like the one made of dust, so too are those made of dust; and like the heavenly one, so too are those who are heavenly.
1Co 15:49And just as we have borne the image of the one made of dust, we will bear also the image of the heavenly one.
sir, you cannot take your flesh and blood to heaven!

Ro 8:11If, now, the spirit of him who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, the one who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make your mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in you.
what you said is different from what the verse said . plso tell
1. who or what is "the spirit of him that/who raised jesus from the dead!
2.who is the one who raised up Christ from the dead cus it's this one that owns or has the spirit that will make our mortal bodies alive.
3. is this verse talking about resurrection?
what I said is only different from what the verse says because you lack comprehension

now will those believers be able to give life too? no , jesus is a life giving spirit, not a flesh and gone with a spirit that can give life!

sure Christ has a body, a spirit one!, Christ is a spirit that can give life!
@ bold thank God you know @ cancelled spirit do not have bodies

[s]haha!, it's you that's finding it hard to twist his words![/s]. adam became a living soul, jesus became a life giving spirit! simple!

[s]that verse is referring to you, who is trying to twist Paul's words.[/s]
lemme ask you, those who will be resurrected to heaven, what will they be resurrected as, flesh and blood or spirit creatures?
which one is those going to heaven? All Christians are going to heaven.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 5:45am On Jul 22, 2016
brocab:

open your eyes , according to 1 Corinthians 8:6 , who is the One God ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 5:55am On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie barristter

duh, so unbelievable
John 1:1 tells that God and the Word is God
John is ofcourse talking off the one true God lie lie
or do you think John is saying God and the Word was some god, other than the one true God

there is only one God lie lie, one true God that is, and I needed to add - clarify that to such a twister of words - to such a lie lie

Jas_2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

you lie lie so blind:
2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

you so wrong many times in your every post

you are stammering, the phrase " ONE GOD " doesn't appear at john 1:1

in other words , there is nowhere the scripture says " the one God is the Father and son " . keep searching , u might find it grin grin grin grin

but there is strong evidence that the scripture said the " for us , there is one God , the Father " . 1 Cor 8:6 , for us true Christians that's what we believe , without adding to it .

and false Christians like you can't support your own one God , father + son theory with scripture.

the scripture says One God , the Father . not one God , father + son

see where pride and false teaching is leading you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 5:57am On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

bro it's amazing how false jw hate the truth they have some knowledge, but of the wrong kind they are told what to believe and what even to say
some people call that kind: zombies smiley

show me where the bible said " One God , the Father AND SON " ? grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 8:09am On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

you are stammering, the phrase " ONE GOD " doesn't appear at john 1:1

in other words , there is nowhere the scripture says " the one God is the Father and son " . keep searching , u might find it grin grin grin grin

but there is strong evidence that the scripture said the " for us , there is one God , the Father " . 1 Cor 8:6 , for us true Christians that's what we believe , without adding to it .

and false Christians like you can't support your own one God , father + son theory with scripture.

the scripture says One God , the Father . not one God , father + son

see where pride and false teaching is leading you.

duh false jw, true Christians don't habitually lie as false jw's do, you so deceived
all I will say to that babble confusion is

you have no comprehension of what is said at all
and no understanding at all of the scriptures
duh joz
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 8:15am On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

show me where the bible said " One God , the Father AND SON " ? grin grin

false jw, I explained it and you can neither comprehend it
or understand the Bible, which is of course understandable,
the fallen angels at witchpower headquarters
tell your elders, and your elders tell you what to believe
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 9:05am On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

bro told you and you couldn't comprehend

I will put it another way and of course you again will not comprehend

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1Co 8:6 tells us that there is but one God the Father

John 1:1 tells us that the Word is also that one God

you say John 1:1 doesn't say "one" God and so to you He apparently is not the one true God
that the Word was with in the beginning
it just once again shows you have no understanding of the Bible

truly John was referring to the Word being with the same one God that 1 Cor 8:6 talks off
and John goes on to say that the Word was not just with that one true God
but that the Word was that one true God:

false jw jozzy you have no comprehension of what is said and you have no understanding of the Bible
at all
just like fellow false jw lie lie barristter

The God that the Word was with in the beginning (John 1:1) is not the one true God, say false jw joz and barristter
amazing
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

bro told you and you couldn't comprehend

I will put it another way and of course you again will not comprehend

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1Co 8:6 tells us that there is but one God the Father

John 1:1 tells us that the Word is also that one God

you say John 1:1 doesn't say "one" God and so to you He apparently is not the one true God
that the Word was with in the beginning
it just once again shows you have no understanding of the Bible

truly John was referring to the Word being with the same one God that 1 Cor 8:6 talks off
and John goes on to say that the Word was not just with that one true God
but that the Word was that one true God:

false jw jozzy you have no comprehension of what is said and you have no understanding of the Bible
at all
just like fellow false jw lie lie barristter

The God that the Word was with in the beginning (John 1:1) is not the one true God, say false jw joz and barristter
amazing

nobody ask you to tell if the Word was with God , show us where the bible called Jesus THE ONE GOD !!! ?

prove it with the Bible , One God is the father and son " ?

I will prove mine with the Bible , we have one God , the Father - 1 Cor 8:6
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:37am On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

[s] false jw, I explained it and you can neither comprehend it or understand the Bible, which is of course understandable, the fallen angels at witchpower headquarters tell your elders, and your elders tell you what to believe [/s]
you mean there is no such verse where Jesus is called The ONE GOD ? grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

nobody ask you to tell if the Word was with God , show us where the bible called Jesus THE ONE GOD !!! ?

prove it with the Bible , One God is the father and son " ?

I will prove mine with the Bible , we have one God , the Father - 1 Cor 8:6

as I said many times, you false jw have no comprehension of things said and no understanding of the Bible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:44am On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

you mean there is no such verse where Jesus is called The ONE GOD ? grin

false jw joz

I mean as I said many times, you false jw have no comprehension of things said and no understanding of the Bible
and it's amazing how you like to show it
but really you are so lacking that you actually think you have something
yes that's right it's called delusion

2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 11:02am On Jul 22, 2016
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 11:10am On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

as I said many times, you false jw have no comprehension of things said and no understanding of the Bible

Eeyah, sorry it pained you . your explanation lacks truth since the phrase " One God " didn't appear at john 1:1, YOU ADDED it and went ahead to contradict the Apostle Paul statement at 1 Corinthians 8:6 .

up till now , you can't and will never produce a single scripture where Jesus is addressed as ONE GOD . none !
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

Eeyah, sorry it pained you . your explanation lacks truth since the phrase " One God " didn't appear at john 1:1, YOU ADDED it and went ahead to contradict the Apostle Paul statement at 1 Corinthians 8:6 .

up till now , you can't and will never produce a single scripture where Jesus is addressed as ONE GOD . none !

false jw jozzy

you are lying there is no contradiction from me of Paul 1Cor 8:6 at all, just no understanding from you
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

well lets see if you lie lie jozzy have the courage to answer this:

seeing as you keep saying there is no "one God" in John 1:1

is the God of John 1:1 that the Word was with in the beginning
the one true God, or is He some other God?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

well lets see if you lie lie jozzy have the courage to answer this:

seeing as you keep saying there is no "one God" in John 1:1

I said the phrase " one God " . use your brain when reading my posts .

is the God of John 1:1 that the Word was with in the beginning
the one true God, or is He some other God?

Jesus himself is never the only true God and he is not the one God and Father of all.

Jesus was WITH that only true God, the one God and father of all .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

I said the phrase " one God " . use your brain when reading my posts .

Jesus himself is never the only true God and he is not the one God and Father of all.

Jesus was WITH that only true God, the one God and father of all .

oh that hurt telling the truth didn't it, look how angry you are

ha ha, you kept saying "one god" is not in John 1:1

and now you have been forced to admit that the God of John 1:1 is indeed the one true God

you lie lie jozzy kept twisting words - lying to avoid that truth

wow you one big heap liar

and now you deny that John 1:1 says that the Word is God

you such big lie lie

Jesus spoke of you pharisee false jw:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

you like satan, when he speaks a lie he is speaking naturally
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 3:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
johnw74:

oh that hurt telling the truth didn't it, look how angry you are

ha ha, you kept saying "one god" is not in John 1:1

and now you have been forced to admit that the God of John 1:1 is indeed the one true God

you lie lie jozzy kept twisting words - lying to avoid that truth

wow you one big heap liar

and now you deny that John 1:1 says that the Word is God

you such big lie lie

Jesus spoke of you pharisee false jw:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

you like satan, when he speaks a lie he is speaking naturally

its because u lack basic comprehension u know , everyone knows the Father is the one known as the Only true God. and he is not Jesus !!!! so that's not the point here.

the point here is , the Father is identified as the One God in the scripture - Eph 4:6, 1 Cor 6:8, now show us where Jesus is reffered to as the ONE GOD in the scripture ?

without that ur father + son explanation remains FALSE and a Contradiction to Apostle Paul submission that the One God is the Father.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:55am On Jul 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

its because u lack basic comprehension u know , everyone knows the Father is the one known as the Only true God. and he is not Jesus !!!! so that's not the point here.

the point here is , the Father is identified as the One God in the scripture - Eph 4:6, 1 Cor 6:8, now show us where Jesus is reffered to as the ONE GOD in the scripture ?

without that ur father + son explanation remains FALSE and a Contradiction to Apostle Paul submission that the One God is the Father.

lie lie jozzy

duh false jw copycat
I just got through showing you where the Word is said to be the one true God in scripture
and you had to finally and angrily admit that "God" in John 1:1 is the one true God

and now you lie lie are starting with your twisting, playing with words again, which is lying

I showed you that the God of John 1:1 is the one true God which you had to grudgingly admit
and John 1:1 say's the word also is that one true God
God, is God and the Word.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God (theos, the one true God),
and the Word was God (theos, the one true God).

The God of John 1:1 is the one true God, which lie lie jozzy eventually was forced to admit

and now lie lie jozzy starts twisting - lying again, he cannot admit to the truth for long,
as a dog returns to his vomit, lie lie jozzy returns to his lies

but you way big lie lie, and like lie lie barrisster and lie lie dolphinheart and apparently all
false jw's from what we see her, you cannot help it, your god forbids the truth.

the devil speaks lies of his own, meaning the devil speaks lies naturally

aren't false jw just like him
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:59am On Jul 23, 2016
2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

deceiver antichrist false jw say "a god" came in the flesh

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:08am On Jul 23, 2016
I had asked a question, and of course no-JW had answered it, maybe you should open your eyes' and answer the question.
Yet for us there is but One God.
From whom all things came and from whom we live-Through whom all things came through whom we live. So which One is it? Jesus or God.
Jozzy4:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:25am On Jul 23, 2016
It doesn't matter how many times we try and show them the truth about Christ, without the spirit of God-and because they feed of each other on this page, nothing that the word of God says will bring them closer to Christ.
They believe how the world believes, flesh and blood is their only sauce, the JW's believe by their works it will bring them closer to God.
They haven't the faith to honesty claim they know Christ.
When the bible clearly tells us no-one can go to the Father without Him.
When the bible tells us I and the Father are One.

They believe only a few elders of 144000 will be with a god while the rest will live in peace on the new earth.
They don't believe in the bible-but they do believe in a god.
johnw74:

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

deceiver antichrist false jw say "a god" came in the flesh
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:01am On Jul 23, 2016
brocab:
It doesn't matter how many times we try and show them the truth about Christ, without the spirit of God-and because they feed of each other on this page, nothing that the word of God says will bring them closer to Christ.

isn't that the truth

brocab:

They believe how the world believes, flesh and blood is their only sauce, the JW's believe by their works it will bring them closer to God.

their bad works do bring them closer to their god though

brocab:

They haven't the faith to honesty claim they know Christ.

and they haven't the Holy Spirit, to know the truths of God

brocab:

When the bible clearly tells us no-one can go to the Father without Him.
When the bible tells us I and the Father are One.

yes and He is "I am" of the old testament

brocab:

They believe only a few elders of 144000 will be with a god while the rest will live in peace on the new earth.

they told me in about the 1970's that only a few of the 144000
elders were still alive and so everything was abour to happen
whatever that was to be, the coming of the Kingdom I suppose
but they were giving those kind of false dates-prophecies-predictions
for many decades before then

brocab:

They don't believe in the bible-but they do believe in a god.

yes they have "a god", this verse is Jesus talking to the pharisee's, who are todays false jw's, telling who their god is:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.