Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (371263 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by LadyAnn(f): 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
EVILFOREST:
I WITNESS JEHOVAH but am not a member.
I LOVE them so much because,
---Of all the CHRISTAIN denominations....
They are the MOST Enlightened, Educated, Exposed.
It is usually difficult to SPOT the Illiterates among them.

They train their KIDS to be resourceful in future
They are good at PUBLIC SPEAKING.
They dress modest.
They rarely give in, to the changes of the new age.

They study the BIBLE more than any other denomination.

Above all they have the BEST EVANGELISM network, involving both the rich and the poor. (youngest and oldest)
Their CLERGYMEN talk cautiously, unlike many others who talk back at the congregation carelessly.
Never MONEY driven nor conscious.

I always entertained them right from my CHILDHOOD and I have learnt a lot.
I just wish I can worship GOD, the way they do.
MOST times I feel ashamed as a christain when I see them.
I see them as CHRISTAIN EXTREMISTS.
I hope to pay them a visit soonest.
I Love them.

Me too. Will love to study with them

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
dolphinheart:
(1)
King James Version
1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

We all know that a man and a woman are two different persons, the verse says the man is the head of a woman, the woman here cannot be the man, neither can the man be the woman, how come some now feel that the christ in this verse is also God?
God is the head of christ how can God now be christ that he is the head of!

analyse this with what 1Co 15:27, 28 says.

(2)
in isaiahs prophecy, jehovah is talking about the Messiah, he said this :

King James Version
Isa 42:1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

We all know that Jehovah was talking about the Messiah , the fulfilment of those prophecies and who jehovah is reffering to can be found in the following verses: luke 9:35, 2Pe 1:17 and Matthew 3:16
How come some feel that jehovah is the messiah, why do some feel that Jehovah was talking about himself as his own servant?

(3)
King James Version
1Jo 4:9In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

The verse says God sent his only begotten son, it did not say God sent himself!
Now the question is , did God send himself? If no is the answer , why is it that some feel that the one who was sent is also the one who did the sending.
modified:
johnw74, can you give your understanding of the scriptures mentioned above?

dolphinheart:

1. And when I ask you those things of the spirit, you will run, claiming you are not hear to say such.
2. There is a post above yours,(I'll modify it and ado you moniker) can you explain the scriptures their? I don't think so!
3. John 1:1 says : In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.
the word was with God, the word cannot be the God he was with!.

It has been shown to you several times how your for fathers tried to change words in the scriptures to support their false doctrines, the word for God, colored red above cannot be found in the scriptures.
Below is the true rendering of that part of 1 ti 3:16:

[b]New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.

New American Standard Bible 
By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, Was vindicated in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Proclaimed among the nations, Believed on in the world, Taken up in glory.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 

International Standard Version
By common confession, the secret of our godly worship is great: In flesh was he revealed to sight, kept righteous by the Spirit's might, adored by angels singing. To nations was he manifest, believing souls found peace and rest, our Lord in heaven reigning! 
reigning! 

NET Bible
And we all agree, our religion contains amazing revelation: He was revealed in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among Gentiles, believed on in the world, taken up in glory. 

New Heart English Bible
Without controversy, the mystery of godliness is great: He was revealed in the flesh, justified by the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
The mystery that gives us our reverence for God is acknowledged to be great: He appeared in his human nature, was approved by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was announced throughout the nations, was believed in the world, and was taken to heaven in glory. 

New American Standard 1977 
And by common confession great is the mystery of godliness: 
            He who was revealed in the flesh, 
            Was vindicated in the Spirit, 
            Beheld by angels, 
            Proclaimed among the nations, 
            Believed on in the world, 
            Taken up in glory.

American Standard Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the spirit, Seen of angels, Preached among the nations, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

English Revised Version
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, received up in glory.[/b]

Go and study the verse, search to see which translation is true, is the Greek word in that verse "he" or "God".
I know you wunt do such study and if you do , you will not post the result, for it will tell you that the greek word for God which is "thoes" cannot be foundisplayed in that verse, so where did your translation get the word for "god" that it used in that verse from .

The issue of 1 ti 3:16 has shown how deep false teachers had gone in trying to alter the original words of the authors, they have seen that no the scriptures do not directly support them, they initially relied on derived analogy, on perceived similarities ,while trying not to mention the differences. since all these will not work, they decided to alter certain words in the scriptures .
Rev 1:8 is another example, adding words to the scriptures , not knowing that better manuscripts are kept hidden from their powers.

Jesus is a god, a mighty one, even angels are gods , but Jesus is not almighty God, he is a son to the almighty God, a subject who remaims subjected to the almighty God, he is at the right side of God, the almighty God, the most high, the supreme being, Jesus is not the most high he is at the right side of.
Jesus is not the God that exalted him
Jesus is not the God that raised him
Jesus is not the most high he pleads on our behalf from
Jesus is not the almighty God.

Jesus is the son of God
1Jo 4:9By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son into the world so that we might gain life through him.[/u]

Jesus is son of the most high
[b]King James Version
Lu 1:32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

Jesus is at the right hand of God, he does not sit on the throne of God
[b]Heb 12:2as we look intently at the Chief Agent and Perfecter of our faith, Jesus. For the joy that was set before him he endured a torture stake, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God..

Heb 10:12But this man offered one sacrifice for sins for all time and sat down at the right hand of God,

Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

1Pe 3:22 He is at God’s right hand, for he went to heaven, and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him.

Ac 2:33Therefore, because he was exalted to the right hand of God and received the promised holy spirit from the Father, he has poured out what you see and hear[/u]

Jesus is subjected to God.
1Co 15:27For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him.
1Co 15:28But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him,
that God may be all things to everyone.

Jesus has a God he calls "my God" both here on earth and in heaven!
Joh 20:17Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
Re 3:12“‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.[/u]

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, [b]God with us.

you are now trying to predict my response, wow! 

johnw74, it is always good to study the Bible, it is also good to make sure of what the Bible you are quoting is really saying.

is it the blood of God that was used for our purchasing or the blood of Jesus.?

King James Version
1Jo 1:5-7 :This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ HIS SON cleanseth us from all sin.

Does act 20: 28 now indicate Jesus is the God in 1 john 1:5 ? no ooooo!
Jesus is the son of God , gods own Son,.

The footnote of some Translations read 
(NIV)
Footnotes:
a. acts 20:28 Many manuscripts of the Lord
b. acts 20:28 Or with the blood of his own son

(ESV) 
Footnotes:
a. acts 20:28 Some manuscripts of the Lord
b. acts 20:28 Or with the blood of his own son

acts 20:28 Revised Standard Version (RSV)
Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God which he obtained with the blood of his own Son.
Footnotes:
a. acts 20:28 Other ancient authorities read of the Lord
b. acts 20:28 [/color=blue]Greek with the blood of his Own or with his own blood[/color]

acts 20:28 New Revised Standard Version, Anglicised (NRSVA)
Keep watch over yourselves and over all the flock, of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God that he obtained with the blood of his own Son.
Footnotes:
a. acts 20:28 Other ancient authorities read of the Lord
b. acts 20:28 Or with his own blood ; Gk with the blood of of his own.

when you read the scriptures you understand better. You will know if God did send his son or if he sent himself to be a man.
[b]King James Version
Re 1:5,6 - And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us,and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
:6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

King James Version
Joh 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I sincerely pray that you read and respond to this scriptures I've posted to you.
GOD DID NOT SEND HIMSELF TO DIE, GOD CANNOT DIE, HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON TO SHED HIS BLOOD ON OUR BEHALF. GOD GAVE HIS SON , NOT HIMSELF!!
JESUS DIED, GOD CANNOT DIE.

readers can check this out: onlytruegod dot org/defense/acts20.28

1 cor 15:47
New International Version
The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven.

English Standard Version
The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven.

New American Standard Bible 
The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.

International Standard Version
The first man came from the dust of the earth; the second man came from heaven.

A look at the Greek text shows that the Greek word for "Lord" cannot be found in that verse.

ὁ[b]πρῶτος ἄνθρωπος ἐκ γῆς χοϊκός, ὁ δεύτερος ἄνθρωπος ἐξ οὐρανοῦ.[/b]

IT IS NOT GOOD TO SPREAD FALSE TRANSLATIONS OF THE SCRIPTURES!

^^^ @ red
No it's not, and yet that's what you do, often

lie lie dolphinheart

of course the usual lies, and false accusing, with no true knowledge or understanding
which is so obvious to all but false jw

run away from you, ha ha, you don't understand or believe many scriptures, and one without the Spirit such as you cannot be shown Truth,
you have been blinded to the truth

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I will however keep showing up some of your lies as I glance through the posts, such as you lying, saying that those Alpha and Omega scriptures are not Jesus talking cheesy

you lie all over the place, and then you often say, show me where I lied smiley

and talk about running away, everytime I show you to be wrong, which is very often, you run away and change the subject

dolphinheart you big false jw lie lie

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=achorladey post=51524639][/quote] I m not God because my spirit is not the Spirit of God.

But the Spirit of Christ is the Spirit of God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

Thomas was doubting the truth despite following Jesus for a Long time. My question remain what did the person having 'authority' over this matter say about his God?
thomas didnt doubt again when he met Jesus.
Was it not when he met Jesus that he called him his Lord and his God? Jesus told him he believed because he saw him.
Jesus rebuked him for his faithlessness did Jesus rebuke him for calling him God?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

Prove there equality to me
i should prove to you that man and woman are equal?
I dont have time for that
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:

it doesnt change John1:1 that Jesus is God Almighty. So far you have not be able quote a verse to prove me wrong.
1. never said it changes what John 1:1 says, no where in John 1:1 can you find" jesus is God allmighty"
2. For pages now I've Been quoting verses that exposes you, I've been asking you questions you refuse to answer.
3. If I say the scriptures do not say something, do you think I will have to quote a verse of what the scriptures did not say? I tire for you o.
maybe you did not read what I said : you could not bring any scripture in any translation that says :
1. Jesus is jehovah
2. Jesus is almighty God
3. Jesus and the father are one God almighty.

Jesus has all power both in heaven and on earth, every knee bow to him and every tongue confess him without him nothing can exist, he uphold all things by his word. He is alpha and Omega beginning and the ending he is the Lord Almighty.
The scriptures tells us that Jesus was given that power, maybe you missed that part. despite that power given to him, he is still subjected to his God. do you know who is God is? I don't think so! cus his God is our God, the only true God, the almighty, the most high God.

solite3, almighty God needs no one to give him power!

Your denial does not even count.
All angels worship him even your god of this world will fall down at the mention of his name.
millions are calling on the name of Jesus and are being set free.
I invite you to know him and call on his name.
To him all creation will serve Amen.
thanks for the invitation.

with this, are you telling me Jesus is a different God from the father? When Jehovah said he is the only God?
Are you the same person as your father? no
Are you the same human as your father ? no
If you father is eating, you wunt be beleful cus he is eating, if you don't eat, your father's eating sun help you. if your father is sleeping, his rest sun help you if you don't take your own rest. You and your father think , feel, think, differently despite the fact you are both humans, this is just to show you that you are not the same human. Apply this logic to Jesus and his father and get a better understanding.

Jesus has told you who the only true God is , he told you he is his father, his God, you read it but wunt accept it
The disciples have told you who the one God is, you read it, but you wunt accept it
You read jehovahs prophecy about Jesus, but you still think Jesus is jehovah.
You read it several times that God sent his Son, God did not say he sent himself, you read it that God acknowledged his son on earth, yet you refuse to accept it, you decided through derived analogy that God sent himself and acknowledged himself.
whenever I asked you that does Jesus have a son? cus the almighty has a son, you refuse to respond.
whenever I say God cannot die, but the scriptures said Jesus died, I see no response.

i never said Jesus is the Father but that Jesus and his Father are one God.
and neither did I say you said so, what Im telling you is that no verse in the scriptures says "Jesus and the father are one God"!

my father is a true human therefore i his son am also a true human. I and my father are the same species not two different species.
Jesus is true God because his father is true God.
I can see where you are getting it wrong, you are thinking that the "true God" is a nature, you don't realise that the word "true" qualifies who that God is!
your father can be bad human and then good human, and then cruel human all in one minute, the "good, bad, cruel" describe the kind of human he is! hope you get it now.
You as his son does not become a good human cus your father is a good human, neither will you become bad human cus your father is a bad human!

Jesus as a human is subject to God his Father.
Your wish is for me to abadon my lion analogy but i have passed the message to you and you got it.
Good, cus he is still subjected to God who is his father in heaven, so now you know who is the almighty . The almighty is not subjected to anyone.
hope you remember that Jesus called God his father!
Now let me ask you, is Jesus still a human?

I did get your lion analogy, I get it that it exposes your theories as false!, you described 2 lions, but wanted to claim it's one lion!

angels are not begotten sons of God So they do not have the nature of God they are only servants.
1. Is Jesus not a servant of God, I remember Jehovah calling Jesus his servant in his prophecy?
2. what the difference between begotten son and son?
3. brocab your brother does not believe Jesus is the son of God, why you guys have different beliefs?

Hebrews 1:5 For unto which of the angels said [color=red]he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
[/color]
who does the scriptures call the "he" coloured red above?
That God did not say that to the angels does not nullify the fact that they are sons of God or does it? Are angels not sons of God because of her 1:5?

we christians are Jesus brother because we have one nature.
so you are now God! wow! , I fear you o.

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus never called angels his brethren.

Hebrews 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Hebrews 2:17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
God you read those scriptures, we know that almighty God does not have brothers, therefore Jesus is not almighty God cus Jesus has brothers.

it does not make him a real God.

christians do not recognise satan as God only blind men do.

So the person who called satan "theos" of these world is a blind man , continue!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:28am On Dec 01, 2016
LadyAnn:

Me too. Will love to study with them
that one no hard, visit jw dot org

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:40am On Dec 01, 2016
More facts people should know about false jw

false jw teach falsely of course that Jesus body was not resurrected

Jesus raised Himself,
Jesus said He will raise up His Temple-body in three days:

Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

And Jesus was clearly speaking about the Temple being His body:
Joh 2:20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 
Joh 2:21  But he spake of the temple of his body.

1Co 6:19  What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

God raised Jesus:
Act 2:32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 

So apart from Jesus showing that, if killed, He will raise His body in three days,
these verses are just some more verses that also show, that Jesus and God is God,
just like many other verses I have posted show

Jesus raised Himself,(John 2:19)
God raised Jesus, (Acts 2:32)

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by LadyAnn(f): 1:12am On Dec 01, 2016
dolphinheart:

that one no hard, visit jw dot org

I meant study with a witness not online
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:30am On Dec 01, 2016
dolphinheart:

no where in John 1:1 can you find" jesus is God allmighty"

but you can find in Revelation 1:8 that
Jesus is called "the Almighty"

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 

dolphinheart:

So the person who called satan "theos" of these world is a blind man , continue!

satan is the god of this world, he is not God,
he is "a god" "a false god"

only a false jw would need that explained to him

and of course he-satan is the god of false jw

lie lie dolphinheart calls satan "God" and
lie lie dolphinheart calls the Word "a god"

they don't come more evil than that

solite3:

it does not make him a real God.

christians do not recognise satan as God only blind men do.

antichrist false jw dolphinheart argues against solite3 claim that satan is not God.

lie lie dolphinheart hates Jesus, taking every opportunity to try and show that he is not God
and rejecting all the Bible verses that show He is.

antichrist false jw dolphinheart not only doesn't reject that satan is God,
he argues to try and show that he is.

lie lie dolphinheart rejects that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is God
and accepts that satan is God

false jw say they are Christians, but are not and do lie, they are the church of satan.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=51528077]
1. never said it changes what John 1:1 says, no where in John 1:1 can you find" jesus is God allmighty"
you cant see where John said the word is God?
God is God there is only one God and Jesus is God.
2. For pages now I've Been quoting verses that exposes you, I've been asking you questions you refuse to answer.
3. If I say the scriptures do not say something, do you think I will have to quote a verse of what the scriptures did not say? I tire for you o.
maybe you did not read what I said : you could not bring any scripture in any translation that says :
for pages now i have steadily given you verses that Jesus is GOD yet you reject them

1. Jesus is jehovah

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

2. Jesus is almighty God

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty

3. Jesus and the father are one God almighty.

John 10:30 I and my Father are one. 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him

The scriptures tells us that Jesus was given that power, maybe you missed that part. despite that power given to him, he is still subjected to his God. do you know who is God is? I don't think so! cus his God is our God, the only true God, the almighty, the most high God.
Jesus was given because he owns it, he does not struggle for what belong to him. Jesus and his father are one so no problem if God is subject to God because they are one God. It doesnt change the fact that Jesus is Almighty God.

solite3, almighty God needs no one to give him power!
yes Almighty God needs to be given power but such power belongs to him.

]
thanks for the invitation.

Are you the same person as your father? no
Are you the same human as your father ? no
If you father is eating, you wunt be beleful cus he is eating, if you don't eat, your father's eating sun help you. if your father is sleeping, his rest sun help you if you don't take your own rest. You and your father think , feel, think, differently despite the fact you are both humans, this is just to show you that you are not the same human. Apply this logic to Jesus and his father and get a better understanding.
you clearly do not understand what 'only true' mean. Mr doleful heart.

Jesus has told you who the only true God is , he told you he is his father, his God, you read it but wunt accept it
The disciples have told you who the one God is, you read it, but you wunt accept it
You read jehovahs prophecy about Jesus, but you still think Jesus is jehovah.
You read it several times that God sent his Son, God did not say he sent himself, you read it that God acknowledged his son on earth, yet you refuse to accept it, you decided through derived analogy that God sent himself and acknowledged himself.
whenever I asked you that does Jesus have a son? cus the almighty has a son, you refuse to respond.
whenever I say God cannot die, but the scriptures said Jesus died, I see no response.

and neither did I say you said so, what Im telling you is that no verse in the scriptures says "Jesus and the father are one God"!

I can see where you are getting it wrong, you are thinki[b]ng that the "true God" is a nature[/b], you don't realise that the word "true" qualifies who that God is!
your father can be bad human and then good human, and then cruel human all in one minute, the "good, bad, cruel" describe the kind of human he is! hope you get it now.
You as his son does not become a good human cus your father is a good human, neither will you become bad human cus your father is a bad human!
@ bold now you see your foolishness. Nooo i dont think the true God is a nature but the only true God is the only true God by nature all others are not Gods by nature.
good to know Jesus is truly God by nature not a mighty being.
Good and bad in that case is a choice.
My father can choose to be either bad or good but you dont choose to be God It is by nature. Jehovah is God by nature not by choice so your analogy is dumb.
I m a true human not because i choose to but by my nature.

Good, cus he is still subjected to God who is his father in heaven, so now you know who is the almighty . The almighty is not subjected to anyone.
hope you remember that Jesus called God his father!
Now let me ask you, is Jesus still a human?
Jesus is still a human in heaven Or dont you believe he resurrected?

I did get your lion analogy, I get it that it exposes your theories as false!, you described 2 lions, but wanted to claim it's one lion!

1. Is Jesus not a servant of God, I remember Jehovah calling Jesus his servant in his prophecy?
2. what the difference between begotten son and son?
3. brocab your brother does not believe Jesus is the son of God, why you guys have different beliefs?
Jesus choose to be a servant but angels are servants by nature their greatest honor is to serve but Jesus being a servant was counted as an act of humility.

who does the scriptures call the "he" coloured red above?
That God did not say that to the angels does not nullify the fact that they are sons of God or does it? Are angels not sons of God because of her 1:5?
angels are not begotten son they are servants. Begotten Son is different from non begotten son.
Begotten Son is the Son by nature.

so you are now God! wow! , I fear you o.
nope, God is now human like i am.
Emmanuel means God in man.

God you read those scriptures, we know that almighty God does not have brothers, therefore Jesus is not almighty God cus Jesus has brothers.
Almighty God became human therefore i m his brother. Yes Almighty God has brothers.

the man already told you who the real God is. Theos of this world is not God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:05am On Dec 01, 2016
LadyAnn:

okay, just ask one of them you see on the street, they will be happy to study with you, or can arrange someone to study with you.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:51am On Dec 01, 2016
johnw74:

but you can find in Revelation 1:8 that
Jesus is called "the Almighty"

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

No I can't find it there, even from the wrong translation that you quoted.
That verse is referring to jehovah, who had said he is God almighty. I've told you to read rev 1:1-6 to understand better, but you refuse, you refuse cus it exposes your teachings as false. If you read verses 4-6 carefully you'll see that the one who was, who is and who is to come cannot be jesus, it was God who gave jesus the revelation!. your forefathers know these , so they had to add some words to verse 8, the verse reads in other translations : "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

satan is the god of this world, he is not God,
he is "a god" "a false god"

only a false jw would need that explained to him

and of course he-satan is the god of false jw

lie lie dolphinheart calls satan "God" and
lie lie dolphinheart calls the Word "a god"

they don't come more evil than that

You have started lying against me again, if I ask you to point to where I made some of the statements above now, you will start rambling again, but I will not ask you, my words are easy to separate from false accusations.
look at my statement again : So the person who called satan "theos" of these world is a blind man , continue!
This fact is taken from this verse :
2 Corinthians 4:4

New International Version
The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

The greek word for god in that verse is "theos", from the action of that theos, we know it cannot be the true God, neither can it be jesus. So unless you claim their is no god of this age(which goes against what that verse says), then that the theos is real, he is really theos of this age, this system of things , this wicked world!
His Godship is limited to this wicked system of things, that's why he is called the thoes of these age, the theos of this system of things, the theos of this world. that will end soon anyway, when God brings a new system through the rulership of jesus and his brothers, then this old wicked system will pass away, along with his adherents and supporters!

antichrist false jw dolphinheart argues against solite3 claim that satan is not God.

lie lie dolphinheart hates Jesus, taking every opportunity to try and show that he is not God
and rejecting all the Bible verses that show He is.

antichrist false jw dolphinheart not only doesn't reject that satan is God,
he argues to try and show that he is.
You lies knows no bounds, it does not worry me anyway, I already know you will resort to such methods, you cant even respond to the full post , you resort to taking few sentences out of the post.

lie lie dolphinheart rejects that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is God
and accepts that satan is God

false jw say they are Christians, but are not and do lie, they are the church of satan.
We all know who jesus is, jesus is not almighty God, he is the son of the almighty God, a different person from the almighty God, God exalted jesus, gave him a name , God did not exalt himself, neither did jesus exalt himself in that instance, people who are sincere will know that that verse is talking about two different entities , not one entity doing things to itself.

you have read it several times where jesus is said to be subjected to God, you claim jesus is God.
You have read it several times where jesus said he has a God, yet you claim jesus is equal to that God.
You have read it several times where it is said that God almighty has a son, we know jesus does not have a son, yet you claim he is God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:37am On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
I m not God because my spirit is not the Spirit of God.

How come you are not God when Jesus who was in the flesh is God according to you because Jesus said 'the Father and I are one'.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:39am On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
i should prove to you that man and woman are equal?
I dont have time for that
I know you won't. Knowing fully well that analogy is mightily flawed.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
I m not God because my spirit is not the Spirit of God.

Do you have the spirit of Christ? Yes/No.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:42am On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=51531751][/quote]
solite3, I'll like to respond to your post, pls modify it so that I can respond to the things you posted.

While you do that, read this below:

John says the word was with God, the word cannot be with God and still be that same God he was with!, the word was a god, a god who is with God almighty,who sits at the right hand of God almighty, who is exalted by god almighty, who God almighty gave power and authority, who God almighty gave a new name, Who God almighty gave a Kingdom, who calls God almighty his God , who God almighty used in creating the heavens and the earth, who is subjected to God almighty!

God almighty is the God of jesus, who jesus pleads to on our behalf, who jesus is subjected to, who exalted jesus, who jesus sits beside .

2 cor 4:4 signifies satan to be the "theos" of this age, this system of things , this world, I'm I right or wrong? Pls answer. If Satan is not theo's of this age, pls tell me who it is , tell me who carries out the things that the that verse said the theos of this age carries out?

any verse you brought up to support your analogy that jesus is God has been explained, you have been shown to have a wrong understanding of the scriptures, on the other hand you try your best to avoid the scriptures and questions posed to you.
if you think I'm wrong, pls post five scriptures with explanation on each from those scriptures you think support your theory, I will explain them to you, I'll post five scriptures with explanations to you, and we will see if you will respond to each of them.

You quoted some scriptures but none of them said
jesus is God almighty
jesus is jehovah

no verse also says God is subject to God. but it tells us that jesus is subject to God, if you say that that God is the father of Jesus , then you are saying that the father is the almighty God, and not jesus, the father is greater than jesus, jesus is not equal to his father, that is why he calls his father and our father his God, that is why the scripture teaches that the HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD.
jesus and the father are one God almighty.

jesus was not given power because he owns it, and the bible does not teach such
almighty God is not given power , he already has abundance in power, he is all powerful, no one can add to his power.

If jesus is still a human in heaven, then he is subjected to God almighty, his father , who is greater than him!, so jesus is not equal to God almighty, his father.

jesus is God's servant from the beginning, God used him in the beginning to create the heavens and the earth. And if you say jesus chooses to be a servanot, pls tell us when he made that choice and if he is still a servant , cus we know that even in heaven jesus is still subjected to his God.

like I said, I'll like to respond to that statement, but if you refuse to modify it so that one can see your words when responding, it shows you do not want me to respond.
Secondly, if you continue to refuse to answer the questions I ask you, there will be no need for us to continue the discussion.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
thomas didnt doubt again when he met Jesus.
Was it not when he met Jesus that he called him his Lord and his God? Jesus told him he believed because he saw him.
Jesus rebuked him for his faithlessness did Jesus rebuke him for calling him God?
Do you lack faith in Jesus' words? Simple question, amongst these two(Jesus, Thomas) who has the 'Authority' to tell who the God of Jesus Christ his?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

How come you are not God when Jesus who was in the flesh is God according to you because Jesus said 'the Father and I are one'.
there is what is called contextual meaning which is inferred meaning one only need to look at the reaction of the jews when Jesus said he and his father are one. They Knew Jesus was making himself God by that statement but Jesus did not correct them.
Jesus in many instances proved himself God for example he referred he is the Lord of The sabbath in which Jews knew that the Lord of the sabbath is Jehovah himself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

there is what is called contextual meaning which is inferred meaning one only need to look at the reaction of the jews when Jesus said he and his father are one. They Knew Jesus was making himself God by that statement but Jesus did not correct them.
Jesus in many instances proved himself God for example he referred he is the Lord of The sabbath in which Jews knew that the Lord of the sabbath is Jehovah himself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

I know you won't. Knowing fully well that analogy is mightily flawed.
men are women are equal both man and woman has one nature but different roles For example there are things that a woman can do that a man cannot do and vice versa so i dont understand what you want me to prove again. Use google
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

Do you have the spirit of Christ? Yes/No.
yes
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
achorladey:

Do you lack faith in Jesus' words? Simple question, amongst these two(Jesus, Thomas) who has the 'Authority' to tell who the God of Jesus Christ his?
why should i lack faith in Jesus. Thomas called Jesus his Lord and God if thomas was wrong why did Jesus not rebuke him? When John wanted to worship an angel did the angel not told him to stop? So Jesus approved of thomas calling him his Lord and God he even told him why it took so long. So at that point thomas and Jesus were in agreement.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
LadyAnn

LadyAnn:

very impressive LadyAnn , Am sure You will found Witnesses around you . am sure you will Love the study

Greetings to you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Solite3

solite3:
why should i lack faith in Jesus. Thomas called Jesus his Lord and God if thomas was wrong why did Jesus not rebuke him? When John wanted to worship an angel did the angel not told him to stop? So Jesus approved of thomas calling him his Lord and God he even told him why it took so long. So at that point thomas and Jesus were in agreement.

" And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

John 20:30-31

From the verse above was everything including Thomas statement written to belive Jesus is Almighty God ? Or to belive he is the Son of God ? Sincerely answer that.

Kindly read the bold , this was written to make a true Christian belive Christ is the SON of God , if Jesus is then the Almighty God , is Jesus the son of himself ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=51538571]
solite3, I'll like to respond to your post, pls modify it so that I can respond to the things you posted.

While you do that, read this below

John says the word was with God, the word cannot be with God and still be that same God he was with!, the word was a god, a god who is with God almighty,who sits at the right hand of God almighty, who is exalted by god almighty, who God almighty gave power and authority, who God almighty gave a new name, Who God almighty gave a Kingdom, who calls God almighty his God , who God almighty used in creating the heavens and the earth, who is subjected to God almighty!
@ bold what right do you have have to say it cannot be are you God ?how much do you know about what is possible or not? Do you know the wisdom of men is foolishness before God? You are certainly holding on to ignorance. Watchtower change that verse because they think they are God.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Jesus cannot be another god with God else Jehovah would have lied in these verses but lie lie dolphinheart would prefer to worship the devil than to call Jehovah the only God. False witness
The scripture has naked you, you have no verses to support your lies anymore. Watchtower is stale.

God almighty is the God of jesus, who jesus pleads to on our behalf, who jesus is subjected to, who exalted jesus, who jesus sits beside .
can you show me where it says God Almighty is the God of Jesus?

2 cor 4:4 signifies satan to be the "theos" of this age, this system of things , this world, I'm I right or wrong? Pls answer. If Satan is not theo's of this age, pls tell me who it is , tell me who carries out the things that the that verse said the theos of this age carries out?
yea satan is the god of this world he is a false god. So your lie lie point has been thrown into the trash can. god of this world is an idol, a dummy and a liar but Jesus is the king of kings and God of gods.

any verse you brought up to support your analogy that jesus is God has been explained, you have been shown to have a wrong understanding of the scriptures, on the other hand you try your best to avoid the scriptures and questions posed to you.
if you think I'm wrong, pls post five scriptures with explanation on each from those scriptures you think support your theory, I will explain them to you, I'll post five scriptures with explanations to you, and we will see if you will respond to each of them.
keep on deluding yourself. You agreed that the Son of a Lion must be a Lion himself, which means Jesus must be God.

You quoted some scriptures but none of them said
jesus is God almighty
jesus is jehovah
how would you see those scriptures, when you dont even believe Jehovah is the only God.
no verse also says God is subject to God. but it tells us that jesus is subject to God, if you say that that God is the father of Jesus , then you are saying that the father is the almighty God, and not jesus, the father is greater than jesus, jesus is not equal to his father, that is why he calls his father and our father his God, that is why the scripture teaches that the HEAD OF CHRIST IS GOD.

Jesus has all power both in heaven and on earth so he is all mighty.

j
esus was not given power because he owns it, and the bible does not teach such
almighty God is not given power , he already has abundance in power, he is all powerful, no one can add to his power.
all that the father has belongs to him he owns it
If jesus is still a human in heaven, then he is subjected to God almighty, his father , who is greater than him!, so jesus is not equal to God almighty, his father.

jesus is God's servant from the beginning, God used him in the beginning to create the heavens and the earth. And if you say jesus chooses to be a servanot, pls tell us when he made that choice and if he is still a servant , cus we know that even in heaven jesus is still subjected to his God.

like I said, I'll like to respond to that statement, but if you refuse to modify it so that one can see your words when responding, it shows you do not want me to respond.
Secondly, if you continue to refuse to answer the questions I ask you, there will be no need for us to continue the discussion.
you said Jesus was a servant from the beginning and yet he had to take on the form of servant do you need to take the form of what you are Already?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
yes
and you are not God like Jesus christ since spirit of christ equals spirit of God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
men are women are equal both man and woman has one nature but different roles For example there are things that a woman can do that a man cannot do and vice versa so i dont understand what you want me to prove again. Use google
Perfect, ''there are things that a man can do that a woman cannot do''. There are many things God Almighty will do that Jesus Christ cannot. That is why Jesus christ said with God(Jesus Christ Father) all things are possible. jesus did not say ''with Jesus all things are possible'' rather he said ''with God''.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
What is my concern with Jesus not rebuking him, you dont see the rebuke in Jesus' statement after the encounter? Be not faithless, but believing.......John 20:27, blessed are they that have not seen, and yet believed. John 20:29. Please who has ''authority'' between these two(Jesus Christ, Thomas) to tell us who truly Jesus Christ is.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
I know you dont lack faith in Jesus Christ. So according to Jesus christ, who is the God of Jesus Christ in John 20:17?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
solite3:
Good to know you appreciate contextual meaning, what is the contextual meaning in John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God.
Why did Jesus not say after blasphemest; ''because I said, I am God'' but said ''because I said, I am the Son of God''? If indeed Jesus was Almighty God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:53am On Dec 02, 2016
lie lie dolphinheart

of course you called satan "God"
and of course you called the Word "a god"

but you copy cat false accuser love to lie with your twisting of many words

satan
G4567
Σατανᾶς
Satanas
sat-an-as'
Of Chaldee origin corresponding to G4566 (with the definite article affixed); the accuser, that is, the devil: - Satan.
Total KJV occurrences: 36

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Ecc 5:3  For a dream cometh through the multitude of business; and a fool's voice is known by multitude of words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "The Key Of Knowledge" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.