Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (371115 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
brocab:
Just like the JW's, they believe in a crooked cult, that only they, that believe.
Yes i just ask God for the answers, through prayer is a good start-even through Word-reading His truth-His bible truth{Not your truth} is a good start.
But in your case, you would rather search else where other then believing there is a God that shows us believers the truth about Himself.
now if someone says he too asks God for answers and God told him that that the words of that verse where not inspired by him, what will you do, how do we know which one of you is right?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:
then i smh for you.
I always remember the simplest of all the questions I gave to you and whenever I remember the answer to that question, there can only be SMH for you.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:
yah he is delusional
solite3 point of view not mine.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:
Where are all the false witnesses? johnw,brocab and solite have busted their lies hence they abadon thread some of them may have changed monik.
Achor no longer understand what he is saying.
u which!
If one asks you questions, you will refuse to answer
I've asked you and even begged you to modify your post so one can be able to see your posts when quoting you, you refused to do so.
I even said you should bring up 5 scriptures you feel support your doctrines, you still refuse to do so

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:
smiley do you agree that Jehovah is the only true God? Is Jesus a true God or not?

Remember Jesus also called himself the beginning and the ending and the Almighty.
Why you no mention spirit too nw? Wetin that one call himself abi na itself? Concerning your qusetion, (1). John 17:3 no dey your bible. Who be the person wey dey talk for John 17:3? Abi na me be the writer of John ni? If you no believe wetin the person wey talk for John 17:3 talk about, na my fault? Shuoooooo na me go tell you the name of the person wey dey talk for John 17:3 again?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:
smiley do you agree that Jehovah is the only true God? Is Jesus a true God or not?

Remember Jesus also called himself the beginning and the ending and the Almighty.
You can't even decipher enough that all the names of the son of God(Jesus Christ) were given to him.
Yet you say he called himself the beginning and the end and the Almighty
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
The records are right in front of you reason well on them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:
Where are all the false witnesses? johnw,brocab and solite have busted their lies hence they abadon thread some of them may have changed monik.
Achor no longer understand what he is saying.
No think am at all.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
solite3:

Is that the answer to my question?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:10am On Dec 06, 2016
solite3:
yah he is delusional

yah another confused one smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:06am On Dec 06, 2016
solite3:

You are right sol, acho is delusional, like false jw he thinks almighty God and mighty God are two diffrent God's.

Yahweh is almighty God:

Gen_17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Exo_6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Yahweh is mighty God:

Deu_7:21  Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.

Psa_50:1  A Psalm of Asaph. The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

Jer_32:18  Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:20am On Dec 06, 2016
Jer_32:18 Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,
^^^
the LORD of hosts, is His name

the YAHWEH of hosts, is His name

the God of hosts, is His name

LORD, YAHWEH, and GOD, can be used interchangeably
because they mean the same thing.

YAHWEH means LORD as sol or bro has shown
YAHWEH means God as I have shown

who would have thought anyone would have to be shown that

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:21am On Dec 06, 2016
Jesus also is called mighty God:

Isa_9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is also called The everlasting Father, and he is also called counsellor(the Holy Spirit)
and the reason He can be called these is because
God = Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit
Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit = God

the blind cannot know these things, but we know.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:26am On Dec 06, 2016
Jesus also is called the Almighty

Rev_1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2016
johnw74:

yah another confused one smiley
Only for your mind bah?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2016
johnw74:

Jesus also is called the Almighty

Rev_1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Oga you never explain finish nw, what about Holy Spirit nw? Am waiting for ''Holy Spirit is also called Almighty Holy Spirit''.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
^^^

I don't know how anyone would waste time trying to tell such a Bible rejecter and God mocker and confused Fatty
and stalker anything. smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
every now and then some Fatty comes into a thread claiming not to be a JW
but it soon becomes obvious from their beliefs that the Fatty is indeed Jw

Fatty is just taking after his father and god satan, in lying and deceiving,
as his father and god taught Fatty to do.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Of course it could be that the Fatty's just hate Christians so much that they join in with anyone who is against them and the Truth.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:18am On Dec 07, 2016
More facts that people should know about false jw

false jw falsely say: Jesus body was not resurrected

Joh 2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 
Joh 2:20  Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 
Joh 2:21  But he spake of the temple of his body. 
Joh 2:22  When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

verse 22, when Jesus was risen from the dead, His Disciples remembered Jesus saying
"Destroy this temple(body), and in three days I will raise it up"

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:28am On Dec 08, 2016
Let me show you the truth that even the JW's had written it and of course must believe it.
NWT {1 John 5:20} But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight" so that we my gain the knowledge of the One who is true. And we are in union with the One who is true, by means of His Son Jesus Christ. THIS IS THE TRUE GOD AND LIFE EVER LASTING.
NIV {1 John 5:20} We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him Who is true. And we are in Him Who is true-even in His Son Jesus Christ, HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
KJV {1 John 5:20} And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understand that we may know Him, Who is true, and we are in Him, Who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ, THIS IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
So instead of judging, try reading your own bible-even the JW's had written "Jesus Christ is the true God"
dolphinheart:

now if someone says he too asks God for answers and God told him that that the words of that verse where not inspired by him, what will you do, how do we know which one of you is right?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
Instead of asking these silly questions you should be studying your own bible, this is something you should be doing?
Your NWT bible holds a lot of truth-and still you refuse to take note of it. Hypocrite
{1 John 5:20} Says it all, the JW's had written it, and of course must believe it.
achorladey:

Oga you never explain finish nw, what about Holy Spirit nw? Am waiting for ''Holy Spirit is also called Almighty Holy Spirit''.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2016
brocab:
Instead of asking these silly questions you should be studying your own bible, this is something you should be doing?
Your NWT bible holds a lot of truth-and still you refuse to take note of it. Hypocrite
{1 John 5:20} Says it all, the JW's had written it, and of course must believe it.
Oga wetin concern you, na you get the kweshion? When you don get better lesson on hw to reason wella on top scriptures wey you Brocab dey quote tell me.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
brocab:
Let me show you the truth that even the JW's had written it and of course must believe it.
NWT {1 John 5:20} But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us insight" so that we my gain the knowledge of the One who is true. And we are in union with the One who is true, by means of His Son Jesus Christ. THIS IS THE TRUE GOD AND LIFE EVER LASTING.
NIV {1 John 5:20} We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know Him Who is true. And we are in Him Who is true-even in His Son Jesus Christ, HE IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
KJV {1 John 5:20} And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understand that we may know Him, Who is true, and we are in Him, Who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ, THIS IS THE TRUE GOD AND ETERNAL LIFE.
So instead of judging, try reading your own bible-even the JW's had written "Jesus Christ is the true God"

1. again you refuse to answer the question asked, how do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?
2. The scripture you posted has been addressed long ago, I asked you about four questions on it several times over and over again, you refuse to answer, you bring the scripture up again, if I explain it to you , you will not accept, if I asked you question about it, you will not respond.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:58am On Dec 10, 2016
Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:06am On Dec 10, 2016
More facts that people should know about false jw

false jw falsely say: the Word is "a god"[end quote]

Father and Son is the true God

1Jn 5:20  And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. 

We are in Him that is true(the Father)

even in His Son Jesus Christ

This is the true God and eternal life

We are in the Father, we are in the Son
The Father and the Son is the true God and eternal life

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

Act 20:28  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. 

Who purchased the church of God with His own blood?
the Holy Spirit or God? take your pick, for the Holy Spirit is God
and God of course is God

Act 13:2  As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. 

the Holy Spirit "said", He is a being, He is God

who calls Christians to work? God does, the Holy Spirit

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one

Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

let us make man = so God created man

in our image = in his own image, in the image of God

us = God

we will come unto him and make our abode with him = God and the Word = God.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:48am On Dec 10, 2016
Ask them again-but explain to me why your bible holds these truths? Which of course you yourself refuses to accept.
dolphinheart:

1. again you refuse to answer the question asked, how do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?
2. The scripture you posted has been addressed long ago, I asked you about four questions on it several times over and over again, you refuse to answer, you bring the scripture up again, if I explain it to you , you will not accept, if I asked you question about it, you will not respond.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:59am On Dec 10, 2016
It seems you haven't looked into your own bible to even know scripture enough to know the truth about who your God is.
Greater-{Genesis 1:1, Job 33:4, Isaiah 40:28, which matches up with, John1:1-3 Colossians 1:12-17, Hebrews 1:8-12}
This is only the start of it.
achorladey:

Oga wetin concern you, na you get the kweshion? When you don get better lesson on hw to reason wella on top scriptures wey you Brocab dey quote tell me.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
brocab:
It seems you haven't looked into your own bible to even know scripture enough to know the truth about who your God is.
Greater-{Genesis 1:1, Job 33:4, Isaiah 40:28, which matches up with, John1:1-3 Colossians 1:12-17, Hebrews 1:8-12}
Who told you it's my Bible? When last I check I have not authored any Bible. Abi na my name dey there? Oga learn to reason wella, when you are ready contact me. That your reading the NWT is good for you, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2016
brocab:
I still remember vividly the major stuff bothering me about you is your versatility of quoting numerous Bible verses with no proper application. That I termed '' scriptures abuse''. You are at it again this time ''NWT and KJV''. Continue.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2016
It already shows us clearly that no bible fits into your structure to know who God really is. Not even the NWT is good for anybody, because of its twisted and removed scriptures.
If you were truly a Christian you would read the truth who God really is, instead you would rather chase after a cult, one's that deny's God full stop.
But to find the NWT Bible reads out completely to the opposite to your own understanding, really shows, you are not knowledgable at all.
Your world is about destroying the world and everyone that exist in it..
Your God had already revealed himself to you, who had come to steal, kill, and destroy.
achorladey:

Who told you it's my Bible? When last I check I have not authored any Bible. Abi na my name dey there? Oga learn to reason wella, when you are ready contact me. That your reading the NWT is good for you, keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
You still haven't explained to me, why your bible holds some truth, and yet you don't believe it.
achorladey:

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:18pm On Dec 10, 2016
brocab:
You still haven't explained to me, why your bible holds some truth, and yet you don't believe it.
Keep waiting.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
brocab:
It already shows us clearly that no bible fits into your structure to know who God really is. Not even the NWT is good for anybody, because of its twisted and removed scriptures.
If you were truly a Christian you would read the truth who God really is, instead you would rather chase after a cult, one's that deny's God full stop.
But to find the NWT Bible reads out completely to the opposite to your own understanding, really shows, you are not knowledgable at all.
Your world is about destroying the world and everyone that exist in it..
Your God had already revealed himself to you, who had come to steal, kill, and destroy.
Your point of view not mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.