Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372175 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:25am On Dec 11, 2016
listen to this-I was just reading the NWT Bible and it say's this {1 Peter 3:15} But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts.
Meaning the name Jehovah is Christ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOwQ9RBlTck

[quote author achorladey post=51813068]
Your point of view not mine. [/quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:29am On Dec 11, 2016
To be honest I don't need your exemption ,because your bible is answering all my questions, without reading the watchtower magazines, the truth is being revealed.
achorladey:

Keep waiting.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:27am On Dec 11, 2016
brocab:
Ask them again-but explain to me why your bible holds these truths? Which of course you yourself refuses to accept.
:

1. How do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?

2. Jo 5:20And we know that the (1) Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know (2) him that is true, and we are in (3) him that is true, (4) even in (5) his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
now brocab, pls tell us:
2A. who is "the son of God" in (1) above, coloured red
2B. who is the "him" in (2) above, coloured blue
2C. who is the "him" in (3) above , coloured red
2D. what do you understand by the underlined "even In his son" in (4)
2E who is the "his " in 5 above , coloured blue.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2016
You don't know who the son of God is? Well I will tell you it's Jesus.
Lets examine the scriptures on a much larger view point, scriptures of course, you refuse to believe that There is only One true God.
God is Creator: {Genesis 1:1, Job 33:4, Isaiah 40:28}
Jesus is Creator: {John 1:1-3, Colossians 1:12-17, Hebrews 1:8-12}
God is the First and the Last:{ Isaiah 41:4, 44:6, 48:12}
Jesus is the first and the Last: {Revelation 1:17, 2:8, 22:13}
God is I AM: {Ego eimi} { Exodus 3:13,14, Deutoronomy 32:39, Isaiah 43:10}
Jesus is I AM: {Ego eimi}{John 8:24,58, 13:19, 18:5}
God is Judge: {Genesis 18:25, Psalm 96:13, Joel 3:12}
Jesus is Judge: {2 Timothy 4:1, 2 corinthians 5:10, Romans 14:10-12}
God is king: {Psalm 47, Isaiah 44:6-8, Jeremiah 10:10}
Jesus is king:{Matthew 2:1-6, John 19:21, 1 Timothy 6:13-16}
God is Saviour: {Psalm 106:21, Isaiah 43:3-11, 45:21-23}
Jesus is Saviour:{John 4:42, Acts 4:10-12, 1 John 4:14}
God is Shepherd:{Psalm 23, 100:3, Isaiah 40:11}
Jesus is Shepherd:{ John 10:11, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 5:4}
God is Light:{Psalm 27:1, Isaiah 60:20}
Jesus is Light: {John 1:9, 8:12}
God is Rock:{Deut 32:4, 1 Sam 2:2, 2 Sam 22:32, Psalm 31:3, 78:35, 89:26, Isaiah 17:10}
Jesus is Rock:{ 1 Corinthians 10:4, 1 Peter 2:8}
God is Redeemer:{Psalm 49:15, 78:35, Isaiah 43:14, 44:6, 47:4, 49:26}
Jesus is Redeemer: {Galatians 3:13}
This should sum this up as clear as the Word Of God tells us, its true..
NWT {Revelation 22:20} He that bears witness of these things says "Yes I AM" coming quickly". Amen! Come Lord Jesus.
And what does the JW's say in there bible { 1 Peter 3:15} But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your own heart.
And Jehovah is a meaning to Lord...
Case is closed.
dolphinheart:

:

1. How do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?

2. Jo 5:20And we know that the (1) Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know (2) him that is true, and we are in (3) him that is true, (4) even in (5) his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
now brocab, pls tell us:

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2016
brocab:
To be honest I don't need your exemption ,because your bible is answering all my questions, without reading the watchtower magazines, the truth is being revealed.
You mean the truth is being revealed through the NWT? Keep on reading it will help your case as it seems.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2016
brocab:
Lets examine the scriptures on a much larger view point, scriptures of course, you refuse to believe that There is only One true God.
Jesus is Saviour:{John 4:42, Acts 4:10-12, 1 John 4:14}
God is Rock:{Deut 32:4, 1 Sam 2:2, 2 Sam 22:32, Psalm 31:3, 78:35, 89:26, Isaiah 17:10}
NWT {Revelation 22:20} He that bears witness of these things says "Yes I AM" coming quickly". Amen! Come Lord Jesus.
And what does the JW's say in there bible { 1 Peter 3:15} But sanctify the Christ as Lord in your own heart.
Case is closed.
please follow the instructions given to questions asked. How many times will l correct you on numerous use of scriptures without proper application. I kept smiling after reading through all the scriptures cited. I know for a certainty someone made him Lord and Christ. Can you decipher that? Thats all in summary!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:32pm On Dec 11, 2016
Already answered above, all you need to do is just open your eye's to the truth-next Question all scriptured.
Scriptures that not even you can deny-Everyone can see, everyone that believes have their eye's open, everyone knows, Jesus's title is the same as God's title..
So keep on smiling, it will do you good-because the truth will set you free.

Dare to Watch this video if you are willing, It will do you good, it will save your soul from the destruction you are about to see.

achorladey:

please follow the instructions given to questions asked. How many times will l correct you on numerous use of scriptures without proper application. I kept smiling after reading through all the scriptures cited. I know for a certainty someone made him Lord and Christ. Can you decipher that? Thats all in summary!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:50pm On Dec 11, 2016
Yes I do mean the truth about all the corruption that's written page after page inside the NWT Bible, had all been revealed.
Most of the NWT scriptures, that you yourself had refused to believe-to state any argument, nothing written in the Watchtower magazine is to do with any bible knowledge-and yet you dare to call yourselves men/women of God, which God? A none bible reading God?
A none believing organisation-who had proven to the world there false prophesy's since the beginning of 1874 until today.
achorladey:

You mean the truth is being revealed through the NWT? Keep on reading it will help your case as it seems.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
brocab:
Already answered above, all you need to do is just open your eye's to the truth-next Question all scriptured.
Scriptures that not even you can deny-Everyone can see, everyone that believes have their eye's open, everyone knows, Jesus's title is the same as God's title..
So keep on smiling, it will do you good-because the truth will set you free.

Dare to Watch this video if you are willing, It will do you good, it will save your soul from the destruction you are about to see.

When has watching a video becomes the key to salvation. Last time I checked and cross checked on Salvation as regards the scriptures. It states clearly salvation belongs to Jehovah. Oga brocab that is where salvation lies not in your ''dare to watch video''. Hope you get # reasoning behind that answer.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
brocab:
Yes I do mean the truth about all the corruption that's written page after page inside the NWT Bible, had all been revealed.
Most of the NWT scriptures, that you yourself had refused to believe-to state any argument, nothing written in the Watchtower magazine is to do with any bible knowledge-and yet you dare to call yourselves men/women of God, which God? A none bible reading God?
A none believing organisation-who had proven to the world there false prophesy's since the beginning of 1874 until today.
Your point of view not mine.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Bro, that video from ex jw's really shows just how evil false jw's are.
satans church without a doubt, not his only one mind you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:41am On Dec 12, 2016
Isa 45:21  Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 
Isa 45:22  Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 
Isa 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. 
Isa 45:24  Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. 
Isa 45:25  In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

Php 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 
Php 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 
Php 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Isa 45:23 unto Yahweh, every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear
Php 2:10 at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, every tongue should confess

Yahweh is Jesus

Also, false jw say that wherever Lord(kurios) is used in the new testament that it is Yahweh
so using false jw's measuring stick we have in Php 2:11 Jesus Christ is Lord(Yahweh)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:23am On Dec 12, 2016
1Co 12:3  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord(kurios), but by the Holy Ghost.

false jw say "Lord" "kurios" in the new Testament is Yahweh,
but they cannot say like in that verse that Jesus is Yahweh,
antichrist jw contradict themselves all over the place.

Christians can easily say "Jesus is "Lord"
Christians can easily say "Jesus is "Yahweh"
Christians can easily say "Jesus is "God"

The diffrence is as the verse shows, that Christians have God living in them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
As expected, you refused to answer the questions even after it was asked several times.

If one goes through the thread , their are many questions you refused, to answer, many scriptures you refused to explain when you are being called upon to explain them, why?, cus you know that given an answer or explanation will point you out as a false teacher. Hence you always try to change the issues every time.
simple questions are asked , they are in order, all numbered for easy identifiction, yet you can't answer them.

1 .How do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?

now brocab, pls tell us:

You have decided to divert the issue from John 5: 20, you think that listing a number of scriptures will help you out, let's see if they do , or if they expose you further.

brocab:
Yes , we believe that God's son is jesus, but you have said several times on this thread that jesus is not the son of God!. can you see how you flip flop on your doctrine?, how false your teachings are?.

You are full of lies , I believe their is only one true God, the scriptures helps us to identify who that true God is, I follow the scriptures identification, you do not!, you have formulated another true God for yourself, different from the God the disciples, scriptures and even jesus himself identified as God, the one true God and our God.

JESUS HIMSELF IDENTIFIED WHO THE TRUE GOD IS.
Joh 17:3This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
* jesus identified the true to you, his next words excludes him from the only person who is the true God, the true God sent him, the true God did not send himself, he sent his servant!

THE DISCIPLES IDENTIFY WHO THE ONE GOD IS
[b]1Co 8:6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

THE SCRIPTURES TELL US WHO JESUS IS IN RELATION TO THAT ONE GOD
1Ti 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,

brocab , jesus is the mediator between our one God and men , that is also comfirmed by the scriptures below
Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

Our one God is not pleading with himself!. read Heb 7:25, 1Jo 2:1

If you had read the scriptures very well, you would have understood who created the heavens and earth and who he used to do the creation.
Heb 1:2Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.
Pr 8:30Then I was beside him as a master worker. I was the one he was especially fond of day by day; I rejoiced before him all the time;

You have a long way to go brocab, because you think two people have similar titles it means they are the same person, you know that that is wrong analogy cus you will refuse to use it on all cases in the scriptures where two persons have same titles. Jehovah himself calls a babylonian king "king of kings" (Eze 26:7), does this mean that this king is jesus?, absolute not! so stop using similarities in titles whenever it suits you, refusing to look at what the scriptures say about those titles.

Re 1:17When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last,
Re 1:18and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave.

you did not read those verses with insight, cus if you did, something must have clicked in your head and direct you to the scriptures that says God cannot die, therefore this person who claims to be dead is not the God that cannot die!

If you had studied further, you would have known why he is first and the last.

What first and last was he ?
Ac 26:23that the Christ was to suffer and that as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to proclaim light both to this people and to the nations.”
Col 1:18and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things;
Re 1:5and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood
Re 2:8“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:

brocab, the writer of exodus, deut and isaiah did not use the word "ego eimi" , the word is Greek and they did not write in Greek, so stop lying!

ego eimi (Ancient Greek: ἐγώ εἰμί Greek pronunciation: [eɡɔ̌ː eːmí]) "I am", "I exist", is the first person singular present tense of the verb "to be" in ancient Greek.

you listed scriptures where jesus used that word in a sentence, you could not quote the full sentence, cus it will show how much of a dubious person you are.
If the use of "ego eimi" means that that person is God, then John the babtist is "I AM" (matt 3: 11), and the army officer is also " I AM" ( MATT 8: 8 ).
brocab, can you see how the scriptures exposes false , derived teachings, your theories are selective and cannot be allied in all cases!

Brocab, read the scriptures and know why jesus is judge, it was because God apointed him to be a judge!

joh 5:22For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son,

Ac 17:31Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

you open the bible, searching for points you think supports your theory, you do not read to understand. searching for similarities does not help!. Jesus would not have been judge if his father, the only true God , had not appointed him to judge.

Again you refuse to read the scriptures, who made jesus king, his father , his God !
Lu 1:32This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father
Lu 1:33and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”

Jer 23:5“Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will reign and show insight and uphold justice and righteousness in the land.
Mt 1:1The book of the history of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:

IF YOU HAD READ THE SCRIPTURES, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN HOW JESUS CAME TO BE KING
Da 7:13, 14“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One.14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

1Co 15:25For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.

Jesus is Saviour:{John 4:42, Acts 4:10-12, 1 John 4:14}[/color]
Who do you think appointed jesus as savior, who do you think sends savior to save us, it is the father, the God of mercies, JeHovah.
Ne 9:27For this you gave them into the hand of their adversaries, who kept causing them distress. But they would cry out to you in the time of their distress, and you would hear from the heavens; and because of your great mercy, you would give them saviors to rescue them out of the hand of their adversaries.

Jg 3:9When the Israelites called to Jehovah for help, Jehovah raised up a savior to rescue the Israelites, Othʹni·el the son of Keʹnaz, the younger brother of Caʹleb.

JUST AS NUMEROUS TIMES DURING THOSE DAYS, JEHOVAH TOO HAD SENT JESUS TO SAVE US
King James Version
1Jo 4:14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

King James Version
Ac 5:31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

no wonder jesus knew the true source of our saving acts, he knew who to pray to, follow his lead!
King James Version
Heb 5:7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Go read up on the word " Shepherd and how the scriptures used it, even those who lead in the congregation are called Shepherdsomething, does it mean they are God, No!.
God gave his followers to jesus, jesus took care of God's sheep!

You case is getting desperate brocab. You are just looking for similarities , refusing to read the scriptures extensively with an open mind. The scriptures below will help you.
Isa 45:7I form light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.

1Jo 1:5This is the message that we heard from him and are announcing to you: God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him.

Jas 1:17Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows.

Ps 36:9With you is the source of life; By your light we can see light.

From the above scriptures I hope you see who is the source of light.

let's see what that person who is the source of light say about jesus when he prophesied about his servant he will send.
Isa 42:6, 7“I, Jehovah, have called you in righteousness; I have taken hold of your hand. I will safeguard you and give you as a covenant for the people And as a light of the nations, 7For you to open the blind eyes, To bring the prisoner out of the dungeon And those sitting in darkness out of the prison.

Can you see how Jehovah, the source of light made jesus to be a light of the world? Read Isa 9:1, 2, Mt 4:13-16.

someone said while jesus was a baby
[b]Lu 2:28he took the child into his arms and praised God and said:
Lu 2:29“Now, Sovereign Lord, you are letting your slave go in peace according to your declaration,
Lu 2:30 because my eyes have seen your means of salvation
Lu 2:31that you have prepared in the sight of all the peoples,
Lu 2:32 a light for removing the veil from the nations and a glory of your people Israel.”

Even if you think being a light of the world means you are God , it means those jesus was talking to in the verse below are God too!, and we all know it's false
[b]Mt 5:14“ You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain.

Case is closed.
yes , case is really closed. Go and read the scriptures and stop looking for similarities!

Jesus has a God superior to him, his father who he is subjected to, he calls his father his God, and he had Identified the father as our God too, the only true God. do not change who jesus says is the only true God, do not add to it!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:33am On Dec 14, 2016
dolphinheart:

will point you out as a false teacher

You are not talking about brocab, but about yourself false jw.

dolphinheart:

You are full of lies , I believe their is only one true God,

no not bro but you, who is full of lies,
almighty-mighty God is the one true God,
you believe He is two gods, a almighty god, and mighty god.

dolphinheart:

Re 1:17When I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last,
Re 1:18and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave.

you did not read those verses with insight, cus if you did, something must have clicked in your head and direct you to the scriptures that says God cannot die, therefore this person who claims to be dead is not the God that cannot die!

duh, God did not die, His flesh and blood body died,
three day's later the Word(God) raised His flesh body

Joh_2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Luk 24:39  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

^^^
false jw say Jesus body was not raised, but that Jesus was raised a Spirit being,
however Jesus showed that He was not a Spirit being but still flesh and bone.

dolphinheart:

Ac 26:23that the Christ was to suffer and that as the first to be resurrected from the dead, he was going to proclaim light both to this people and to the nations.”
Col 1:18and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that he might become the one who is first in all things;
Re 1:5and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” To him who loves us and who set us free from our sins by means of his own blood
Re 2:8“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyrʹna write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:

In Revelation it is Jesus talking through His Angel,
Jesus is "the first and the last".

Yes Jesus was the first resurrected, but that is not the meaning of the first and the last,
the first and the last is the eternal.
The first and the last means he has always existed and always will exist,
the self existent.
Even the verse you posted Rev 2:8 ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:
The first and the last became dead, He was the first and the last before He died.
Of course He was always, and always will be, the first and the last.

By the way the man-body died, not the Spirit-God.

mind you it's not suprising that a false jw who believes that
the titles almighty God, and mighty God, are titles for two diffrent god's,
to also believe that there are two first and lasts cheesy

even the title: the first and the last,
suggests one,
one God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:37am On Dec 14, 2016
Christians can trust the Bible and hence get understanding,
non believers like false jw who don't trust the Bible and change what it says,
of course can never have understanding.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:16am On Dec 15, 2016
More facts that people should know about false jw

false jw don't believe the Holy Spirit is God

The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity. He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26).

Some cults like the Jehovah's Witnesses say that the Holy Spirit is nothing more than a force (Reasoning from the Scriptures, 1985, pp. 406-407). This is false. If the Holy Spirit were merely a force, then He could not speak (Acts 13:2); He could not be grieved (Eph. 4:30); and He would not have a will (1 Cor. 12:11).

The truth is that the Holy Spirit is a person the same as the Father and the Son are within the Trinity.

carm dot org/holy-spirit

^^^
change (carm dot org) to (carm.org)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:45am On Dec 15, 2016
More facts that people should know about false jw

antichrist jw don't believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus Christ

false jw are aligned with the mainline Jewish and Islamic faiths of today (to say nothing of other world religions and apostate "Christian" cults and sects who deny the physical resurrection of Jesus and His Deity) and are all under that spirit of antichrist.

kjvbible dot org/daniel.html

^^^
Change (kjvbible dot org) to (kjvbible.org)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:07am On Dec 15, 2016
Again you have rejected the Word Of God-I have answered who the Son of God is-and still you refuse to recognise my answer-the Son of God is Jesus. And Him is the Son of God and the Father together as One. {John 5:20}
And again you have showed the world you have a great hatred for the truth, that you are trying to twist the scriptures around-only because you haven't a clue what the meaning of them are, and if you had the Spirit of God living inside you, you wouldn't reject any thing that is written about the truth..
Your are a false accuser and a false prophet Dolphinheart.
Every true Christian knows Jesus came in the flesh to live amongst men, Jesus's flesh died on the cross, Jesus was risen, not the Father, God didn't die, God is Spirit, the Father isn't coming back, but the Son, Every eye will see the Son of Man returning the way He was taken up into the clouds.
Every eye will see the Lord coming in the clouds {Revelation 1:7}
{Luke 21:27}
At that time they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds, with power and great glory.
dolphinheart:

As expected, you refused to answer the questions even after it was asked several times.

If one goes through the thread , their are many questions you refused, to answer, many scriptures you refused to explain when you are being called upon to explain them, why?, cus you know that given an answer or explanation will point you out as a false teacher. Hence you always try to change the issues every time.
simple questions are asked , they are in order, all numbered for easy identifiction, yet you can't answer them.

1 .How do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?

now brocab, pls tell us:

You have decided to divert the issue from John 5: 20, you think that listing a number of scriptures will help you out, let's see if they do , or if they expose you further.

Yes , we believe that God's son is jesus, but you have said several times on this thread that jesus is not the son of God!. can you see how you flip flop on your doctrine?, how false your teachings are?.

You are full of lies , I believe their is only one true God, the scriptures helps us to identify who that true God is, I follow the scriptures identification, you do not!, you have formulated another true God for yourself, different from the God the disciples, scriptures and even jesus himself identified as God, the one true God and our God.

JESUS HIMSELF IDENTIFIED WHO THE TRUE GOD IS.
Joh 17:3This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
* jesus identified the true to you, his next words excludes him from the only person who is the true God, the true God sent him, the true God did not send himself, he sent his servant!

[b]1Co 8:6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

THE SCRIPTURES TELL US WHO JESUS IS IN RELATION TO THAT ONE GOD
1Ti 2:5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,

brocab , jesus is the mediator between our one God and men , that is also comfirmed by the scriptures below
Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

If you had read the scriptures very well, you would have understood who created the heavens and earth and who he used to do the creation.
Heb 1:2Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things.
Pr 8:30Then I was beside him as a master worker. I was the one he was especially fond of day by day; I rejoiced before him all the time;

You have a long way to go brocab, because you think two people have similar titles it means they are the same person, you know that that is wrong analogy cus you will refuse to use it on all cases in the scriptures where two persons have same titles. Jehovah himself calls a babylonian king "king of kings" (Eze 26:7), does this mean that this king is jesus?, absolute not! so stop using similarities in titles whenever it suits you, refusing to look at what the scriptures say about those titles.

brocab, the writer of exodus, deut and isaiah did not use the word "ego eimi" , the word is Greek and they did not write in Greek, so stop lying!

ego eimi (Ancient Greek: ἐγώ εἰμί Greek pronunciation: [eɡɔ̌ː eːmí]) "I am", "I exist", is the first person singular present tense of the verb "to be" in ancient Greek.

you listed scriptures where jesus used that word in a sentence, you could not quote the full sentence, cus it will show how much of a dubious person you are.
If the use of "ego eimi" means that that person is God, then John the babtist is "I AM" (matt 3: 11), and the army officer is also " I AM" ( MATT 8: 8 ).
brocab, can you see how the scriptures exposes false , derived teachings, your theories are selective and cannot be allied in all cases!

Brocab, read the scriptures and know why jesus is judge, it was because God apointed him to be a judge!

joh 5:22For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son,

Ac 17:31Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.”

you open the bible, searching for points you think supports your theory, you do not read to understand. searching for similarities does not help!. Jesus would not have been judge if his father, the only true God , had not appointed him to judge.

Again you refuse to read the scriptures, who made jesus king, his father , his God !
Lu 1:32This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father
Lu 1:33and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”

Jer 23:5“Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will reign and show insight and uphold justice and righteousness in the land.
Mt 1:1The book of the history of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:

IF YOU HAD READ THE SCRIPTURES, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN HOW JESUS CAME TO BE KING
Da 7:13, 14“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him up close before that One.14 And to him there were given rulership, honor, and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him. His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.

1Co 15:25For he must rule as king until God has put all enemies under his feet.

Who do you think appointed jesus as savior, who do you think sends savior to save us, it is the father, the God of mercies, JeHovah.
Ne 9:27For this you gave them into the hand of their adversaries, who kept causing them distress. But they would cry out to you in the time of their distress, and you would hear from the heavens; and because of your great mercy, you would give them saviors to rescue them out of the hand of their adversaries.

Jg 3:9When the Israelites called to Jehovah for help, Jehovah raised up a savior to rescue the Israelites, Othʹni·el the son of Keʹnaz, the younger brother of Caʹleb.

JUST AS NUMEROUS TIMES DURING THOSE DAYS, JEHOVAH TOO HAD SENT JESUS TO SAVE US
King James Version
1Jo 4:14And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

King James Version
Ac 5:31Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

no wonder jesus knew the true source of our saving acts, he knew who to pray to, follow his lead!
King James Version
Heb 5:7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Go read up on the word " Shepherd and how the scriptures used it, even those who lead in the congregation are called Shepherdsomething, does it mean they are God, No!.
God gave his followers to jesus, jesus took care of God's sheep!

You case is getting desperate brocab. You are just looking for similarities , refusing to read the scriptures extensively with an open mind. The scriptures below will help you.
Isa 45:7I form light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, Jehovah, am doing all these things.

1Jo 1:5This is the message that we heard from him and are announcing to you: God is light, and there is no darkness at all in him.

Jas 1:17Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows.

Ps 36:9With you is the source of life; By your light we can see light.

From the above scriptures I hope you see who is the source of light.

let's see what that person who is the source of light say about jesus when he prophesied about his servant he will send.
Isa 42:6, 7“I, Jehovah, have called you in righteousness; I have taken hold of your hand. I will safeguard you and give you as a covenant for the people And as a light of the nations, 7For you to open the blind eyes, To bring the prisoner out of the dungeon And those sitting in darkness out of the prison.

Can you see how Jehovah, the source of light made jesus to be a light of the world? Read Isa 9:1, 2, Mt 4:13-16.

someone said while jesus was a baby
[b]Lu 2:28he took the child into his arms and praised God and said:
Lu 2:29“Now, Sovereign Lord, you are letting your slave go in peace according to your declaration,
Lu 2:30 because my eyes have seen your means of salvation
Lu 2:31that you have prepared in the sight of all the peoples,
Lu 2:32 a light for removing the veil from the nations and a glory of your people Israel.”

Even if you think being a light of the world means you are God , it means those jesus was talking to in the verse below are God too!, and we all know it's false
[b]Mt 5:14“ You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain.

yes , case is really closed. Go and read the scriptures and stop looking for similarities!

Jesus has a God superior to him, his father who he is subjected to, he calls his father his God, and he had Identified the father as our God too, the only true God. do not change who jesus says is the only true God, do not add to it!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:36am On Dec 15, 2016
This is the best page you have written. And it makes sense, where your mind is at.
dolphinheart:

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:46am On Dec 15, 2016
brocab:
This is the best page you have written. And it makes sense, where your mind is at.

now come on bro show some respect for the dead smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:52am On Dec 15, 2016
Yeh bro it is good, but not even the JW's will search for the truth like these Witnesses did. they took a risk by questioning the truth, these are the people that worked above, while the others that sit on the bottom where Dolphinheart sits and receives nothing.
These brave warriors received their info straight from the horses mouths. They knew these are lies, they studied these lies, and they twisted these lies to their followers below.

We just need to look at the evidence-look at Dolphinheart and argorladey, we read the rubbish they write everyday, and none of it make any sense.
They give us scriptures, which doesn't line up 'what we have written.
It's always good news to hear more people are finely understanding the truth about Christ, but the ex JW's in this video had found the hole truth and nothing but the truth.
They lost millions because they dare to Questioned their organisation.
I suppose when we look into it further, we could understand why Dolphinheart and argorladey act and write what they see-it is only because their own blindness carries them through to the next level, it is only because the top is sending them false teachings and understanding about the lies they themselves are receiving from the top.
Mr fran-has a lot to answer for when it is his turn to front up to God.
Sounds like Mr C. Russell, lives on once again.
johnw74:

Bro, that video from ex jw's really shows just how evil false jw's are.
satans church without a doubt, not his only one mind you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:58am On Dec 15, 2016
Did Jesus say' let the dead bury their dead.
johnw74:

now come on bro show some respect for the dead smiley
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 15, 2016
achorladey:

A typical example of an individual who decides to look elsewhere when the answers are right in front of them. Go back to the post I gave you concerning that and tell me there names. Your answers are right there.
yea i prefer to look into the scripture of truth.
Do well to answer my question
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 15, 2016
dolphinheart:

u which!
If one asks you questions, you will refuse to answer
I've asked you and even begged you to modify your post so one can be able to see your posts when quoting you, you refused to do so.
I even said you should bring up 5 scriptures you feel support your doctrines, you still refuse to do so
i m not interested in your lies. i m only interested in bursting them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 15, 2016
achorladey:

Why you no mention spirit too nw? Wetin that one call himself abi na itself? Concerning your qusetion, (1). John 17:3 no dey your bible. Who be the person wey dey talk for John 17:3? Abi na me be the writer of John ni? If you no believe wetin the person wey talk for John 17:3 talk about, na my fault? Shuoooooo na me go tell you the name of the person wey dey talk for John 17:3 again?
what are u saying? answer my question strait
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 15, 2016
achorladey:

You can't even decipher enough that all the names of the son of God(Jesus Christ) were given to him.
Yet you say he called himself the beginning and the end and the Almighty
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
The records are right in front of you reason well on them.

thank God you agreed Jesus name is the highest both in heaven and on earth which means Jesus is Almighty

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 8:31am On Dec 15, 2016
johnw74:

You are not talking about brocab, but about yourself false jw.

no not bro but you, who is full of lies,
almighty-mighty God is the one true God,
you believe He is two gods, a almighty god, and mighty god.

duh, God did not die, His flesh and blood body died,
three day's later the Word(God) raised His flesh body

Joh_2:19  Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Luk 24:39  Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

^^^
false jw say Jesus body was not raised, but that Jesus was raised a Spirit being,
however Jesus showed that He was not a Spirit being but still flesh and bone.

In Revelation it is Jesus talking through His Angel,
Jesus is "the first and the last".

Yes Jesus was the first resurrected, but that is not the meaning of the first and the last,
the first and the last is the eternal.
The first and the last means he has always existed and always will exist,
the self existent.
Even the verse you posted Rev 2:8 ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life again:
The first and the last became dead, He was the first and the last before He died.
Of course He was always, and always will be, the first and the last.

By the way the man-body died, not the Spirit-God.

mind you it's not suprising that a false jw who believes that
the titles almighty God, and mighty God, are titles for two diffrent god's,
to also believe that there are two first and lasts cheesy

even the title: the first and the last,
suggests one,
one God.

would have responded with the scriptures, but as long as you edit my post when quoting me, I see no need to do so, when scriptures expose you, you remove it when responding.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2016
brocab:
Again you have rejected the Word Of God-I have answered who the Son of God is-and still you refuse to recognise my answer-the Son of God is Jesus. And Him is the Son of God and the Father together as One. {John 5:20}
BROCAB, THE QUESTIONS ARE SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND, STOP YOUR DUBIOUS TACTICS, THE QUESTIONS ARE SIMPLE AND ARE NUMBERED , ANSWER IT!
How do we know the truth if two people give contrary answers and both claim God spirit told them?

now brocab, pls tell us:

THE QUESTIONS ARE NUMBERED IN A SIMPLE MANNER , ANSWER THEM ONE BY ONE IN THAT MANNER!

And again you have showed the world you have a great hatred for the truth, that you are trying to twist the scriptures around-only because you haven't a clue what the meaning of them are, and if you had the Spirit of God living inside you, you wouldn't reject any thing that is written about the truth..
Point to one scripture in that post that I have twisted, it's not good enough to just lay accusations without supplying evidence.
All the scriptures I quoted in that post are from the scriptures, you refuse to quote yours.
All the scriptures quoted have not been modified.
All the scriptures quoted are in reference to the issue under discussion.

You could not give contrary explanation to any, not even one of the scriptures I quoted.
You mention scriptures, put when one reads it, we find out it is contrary to what you are saying, no wonder you dnt quote them.

Your are a false accuser and a false prophet Dolphinheart.
In that post I accused of saying several times that Jesus is not the son of God!. I've proven that my accusations are right, I've supplied evidence of where and when you made the statement.

On that post, I've accused you of not answering questions, you refusal to answer the questions above is a good example.

on that same post, I accused you of lying when you said that i refuse to believe that There is only One true God.
I not only busted your lie, showING you what I believe, but I also showed you scriptures that support my statements and my belief. those scriptures you cannot find fault with neither are you willing to explain them, cus if you try it, it will expose you.

[b]Jesus HIMSELF IDENTIFIED WHO THE TRUE GOD IS.
Joh 17:3This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
* Jesus identified the true to you, his next words excludes him from the only person who is the true God, the true God sent him, the true God did not send himself, he sent his servant!

1Co 8:6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him.

THE SCRIPTURES TELL US WHO Jesus IS IN RELATION TO THAT ONE GOD
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,

brocab , Jesus is the mediator between our one God and men , that is also comfirmed by the scriptures below
Ro 8:34Who will condemn them? Christ Jesus is the one who died, yes, more than that the one who was raised up, who is at the right hand of God and who also pleads for us.

Every true Christian knows Jesus came in the flesh to live amongst men, Jesus's flesh died on the cross, Jesus was risen, not the Father, God didn't die, God is Spirit, the Father isn't coming back, but the Son, Every eye will see the Son of Man returning the way He was taken up into the clouds.
Every eye will see the Lord coming in the clouds {Revelation 1:7}
{Luke 21:27}
At that time they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds, with power and great glory.

BROCAB, JESUS DIED!, the bible said it several times, it said Jesus died, Jesus is dead, even Jesus comfirmed It that he was dead, the disciples say Jesus was killed!, NO VERSE EVER SAID JESUS WAS ALIVE DURING THE TIME HE SAID HE WAS DEAD, NO VERSE EVER SAID IT'S ONLY HIS FLESH THAT DIED.

I WAS DEAD, JESUS SAID, NOT MY FLESH WAS DEAD!, THE PERSON CALLED JESUS DIED!

AND WE ALL KNOW GOD CANNOT DIE!

look at Jehovah's prophecy about Jesus
Isa 53:12For that reason I will assign him a portion among the many, And he will apportion the spoil with the mighty, Because he poured out his life even to death And was counted among the transgressors; He carried the sin of many people, And he interceded for the transgressors.
Brocab, Jesus gave his life, not only his flesh!

that is why he died!
King James Version
Mr 15:37And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.

When Jesus was resurrected, he went to heaven, was exalted by God and sat at the right hand of God. Jesus did not sit at the right hand of himself , neither did God sit at the right hand of himself, Jesus was told by God to sit at hia right hand!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:34am On Dec 15, 2016
solite3:
i m not interested in your lies. i m only interested in bursting them.
that's what they say when they see that answering some questions will expose them!, they claim not interested.

simple request that you should modify your post so that when one quotes you , your words can be seen, you refuse to do so, so that you cannot be quoted.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2016
solite3:
thank God you agreed Jesus name is the highest both in heaven and on earth which means Jesus is Almighty
Typical you, the last line of my post says it all. You simply cannot reason. Who gave him the name?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.