Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (371899 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:05am On Oct 24, 2018
Some Mothers have them?
OneJ:

Who are U to adjudge what is acceptable to the Watchtower or not? U dey twist & misinterprete the Bible, yet dey claim wetin U no sabi.

Person wey reject the statements of Jesus himself & dey give him own contradictory interpretation, na Christian be that ?

Your last sentence above, is a crooked attempt to dodge the truth.
ALL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN ME IN HEAVEN and on earth". Matt 28:18.

Who gave Jesus authority in heaven & earth? Who gave authority to Jehovah ? Pls respond.
"
i) "OneJ is arguing against his own Bible... someone in the Watchtower made a big mistake"
U will always throw shade. Na your way.

Mr Man, is it the Watchtower that wrote the scriptures (1John5:5,20, John 17:3. 3:35. 5:43. Ps83:18?)

ii) "Jesus is coming in the name of his Father and with His power (John 5:43).
" (Yahweh) has given him authority and granted him power to execute judgement"
John 5:26,27.

Yahweh gave Jesus authority in heaven & earth,( to bear titles like Alpha & Omega etc) but Christ is still under Yahweh, the Supreme Head. 1 Cor11:3, 15:24,27.

Yahweh beget Jesus. No twist am with lies.

iii) In Matt 1:23, Mr Man, did the virgin give birth to God or gave birth to a son ? Isa 7:14.
Luke 1:32-37.
"With us is God" refers to Christ's supernatural birth as a " holy child" whom Yahweh will give "the throne of his father,David" 2 Sam7:13-16. Dan 7:13,14.

David sat on God's throne as king of Israel.

Let us apply the prophecy of Isa7:14, & its fulfilment ,Matt 1:23, to U:
"Your wife will conceive and give birth to a son and you shall call him "Osadebamen" meaning "God is with me"

Your newborn child is the God with U. Yes or no ?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2018
OneJ:

Who are U to adjudge what is acceptable to the Watchtower or not? U dey twist & misinterprete the Bible, yet dey claim wetin U no sabi.

Person wey reject the statements of Jesus himself & dey give him own contradictory interpretation, na Christian be that ?

Who gave Jesus authority in heaven & earth? Who gave authority to Jehovah ? Pls respond.
"
i) "OneJ is arguing against his own Bible... someone in the Watchtower made a big mistake"

Mr Man, is it the Watchtower that wrote the scriptures (1John5:5,20, John 17:3. 3:35. 5:43. Ps83:18?)

Yahweh gave Jesus authority in heaven & earth,( to bear titles like Alpha & Omega etc) but Christ is still under Yahweh, the Supreme Head. 1 Cor11:3, 15:24,27.

iii) In Matt 1:23, Mr Man, did the virgin give birth to God or gave birth to a son ? Isa 7:14.
"With us is God" refers to Christ's supernatural birth as a " holy child" whom Yahweh will give "the throne of his father,David" 2 Sam7:13-16. Dan 7:13,14.

"Your wife will conceive and give birth to a son and you shall call him "Osadebamen" meaning "God is with me"

brocab:
Some Mothers have them?

Nairalanders, make una tell this fellow to answer the questions above posed to him...

Una done see say the guy just dey they throw shade & insults because him package of junk (Trinity) can not stand the tests of biblical scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2018
Come out from among them "said the Lord-turn from your evil ways-and come follow Me. "Now how hard is that-for you to turn away from the Watchtower and come follow Christ..
OneJ:
Shame on you, what will your JW comrades think of your above interpretation, another twisted belief, from OneJ.
Denying the fact's wont save you,, opp's if you haven't read the NWT bible, let's start from the top and read it again?

{Matthew 1:23}“Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will name him Im·manʹu·el,”which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.”
Do you understand it now? Yes that's right, the Watchtower said: With Us is God-meaning God became Man in Jesus!
OneJ:

"

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2018
Only if you ask me nicely! Demanding your so called authority won't do you any good.
OneJ:

Nairalanders, make una tell this fellow to answer the questions above posed to him...

Una done see say the guy just dey they throw shade & insults because him package of junk (Trinity) can not stand the tests of biblical scrutiny.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:15am On Oct 24, 2018
{Philippians 2:5-8} Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus [look to Him as your example in selfless humility],
6 who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God [as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes—the entire nature of deity], did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted [as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
7 but emptied Himself [without renouncing or diminishing His deity, but only temporarily giving up the outward expression of divine equality and His rightful dignity] by assuming the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men [He became completely human but was without sin, being fully God and fully man].
8 After He was found in [terms of His] outward appearance as a man [for a divinely-appointed time], He humbled Himself [still further] by becoming obedient [to the Father] to the point of death, even death on a cross.
{Philippians 2:5-8} NWT
5 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human.
8 More than that, when he came as a man,* he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake.*
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2018
brocab:
{Philippians 2:5-8} Amplified Bible (AMP)
5 Have this same attitude in yourselves which was in Christ Jesus [look to Him as your example in selfless humility],
6 who, although He existed in the form and unchanging essence of God [as One with Him, possessing the fullness of all the divine attributes—the entire nature of deity], did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped or asserted [as if He did not already possess it, or was afraid of losing it];
7 but emptied Himself [without renouncing or diminishing His deity, but only temporarily giving up the outward expression of divine equality and His rightful dignity] by assuming the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men [He became completely human but was without sin, being fully God and fully man].
8 After He was found in [terms of His] outward appearance as a man [for a divinely-appointed time], He humbled Himself [still further] by becoming obedient [to the Father] to the point of death, even death on a cross.
{Philippians 2:5-8} NWT
5 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
7 No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form and became human.
8 More than that, when he came as a man,* he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death, yes, death on a torture stake.*

"Although he existed in the form of God.."
What is form (shape) of God? Spiritual body. Full stop.
Christ lived with Yahweh in heaven with a spiritual body., just like Yahweh his Father. 1 Cor 15:44.

"He did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" ( because Christ is not equal with Yahweh, his Father. He no go fit grab wetin no be him own.. Christ no be thief.)

"The Father is greater than I" John 14:28.
"My Father .....is greater than all" John 10:29

(Jesus contradicts the corrupted Interpretation in the Amplified Bible which states: "as if he did not already possess it"wink.

Don't come here with John 10:30 because U can't twist Mal 2:15 "Has not the Lord made them ONE?"
Matt 19:5,6" A man ... . will be UNITED to his wife.... So they are no longer two, BUT ONE" as God & Christ are UNITED.
"We are one" means UNITED
. Receive sense

That Christ possessed "divine attributes" of God can not be twisted anyhow.
Phil 2:5-9 does not in any way support the lie U peddle.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2018
brocab:
Come out from among them "said the Lord-turn from your evil ways-and come follow Me. "Now how hard is that-for you to turn away from the Watchtower and come follow Christ..
Shame on you, what will your JW comrades think of your above interpretation, another twisted belief, from OneJ.
Denying the fact's wont save you,, opp's if you haven't read the NWT bible, let's start from the top and read it again?

{Matthew 1:23}“Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will name him Im·manʹu·el,”which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.”
Do you understand it now? Yes that's right, the Watchtower said: With Us is God-meaning God became Man in Jesus!

U label what the Bible says as " the watchtower", so that U would deny it..... Lols

Immanuel meaning "God is with us" ,according to your lies, translates to God became man" therefore, Elijah (meaning My God is Yahweh) is solid proof Elijah is the Almighty God.
Jehu (meaning Yahweh is He) be say Jehu is indeed, Yahweh confirmed !

https://www.abarim-publications.com/meaning/Elijah.html

https://abarim-publications.com/meaning/ jehu.html

Mr Twister wey no get shame dey lie for public forum.
"With us is God" CAN NOT mean "God became Man in Jesus"
God is with ,Moses,Joshua (Josh1:5,9. ; God is with Israel (Deut20:1) God is with Mary too(,Luke1:28) etc,
These men& women of faith did not become Yahweh, neither did Christ Jesus.

"The angel said to her (Mary): you will be with child and give birth to a son... son of the Most High... the Son of God" Luke 1:31-35.

Why U dey lie against the angel of God?
vs32, According to this fellow should change to :
" The Lord God (Yahweh) will give God the throne of David his Father"

For your mind, Mary gave birth to God. Hhmmm!!!!!
What a blasphemy !! na wa oooo. !!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2018
As we can see, we are on two different wave lengths, you came here expecting an argument from a certain fellow comrade, thank God, he never answered you, he may have ripped you to pieces.
The facts are you can't see the issue in front of you; I haven't answered your page as your enemy-I answered to help you, concerning your bible..
Jesus say's test the spirit-meaning test everything-ask yourself 'why are these verses found in the NWT bible, you have seen the evidence-you have searched the scriptures-they are written-so why does Watchtower magazines denies these fact's-about Jesus.
I am sure you go to bible study at kingdom hall once every Saturday, this is a prefect time to ask a few questions-ask the elders-there has to be some extermination, why both books are completely different, why they both deny each other-and why doesn't the Watchtower ever focus on the NWT bible-instead they focus only on the Watchtower literature from the magazines..
The fact is, we Christians all know-to retrieve any facts concerning God-we go straight to the Word of God, and search the scriptures-you like to favour other bibles then learn from them, If it say's one must be born again, before he can enter into the kingdom of God, then search the scriptures-God is not mocked, if God say's "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God! Search the scriptures.
I showed you-even in the NWT bible, it shows us whom Jesus is-all you have to do, is, either believe it, or continual to deny it, simple, The fact's are-If the Word isn't twisted, then we don't twist it-we don't change it, nor do we remove it.
Your bible is living proof whom Jesus is-I have given you the scriptures to prove these solid facts, so it's really your waste of time trying to prove Jesus doesn't exist.
OneJ:
. Immanuel meaning "God is with us" ,according to your lies, translates to God became man"
So brocab is lying according to you, if you believe this, then this is probably why you don't believe in the bible.
"The NWT bible, say's it, as it sound. "With Us is God! Other bibles shows "God is with us" and you refuse to believe it, {deafeningly you don't know God"} "You don't believe God can do the impossible! You don't even believe He is God, He is the creator, and you can't believe He became a Man.
What is the name of your unknown God.
OneJ:

U label what the Bible says as " the watchtower", so that U would deny it..... Lols

Immanuel meaning "God is with us" ,according to your lies, translates to God became man" therefore, Elijah (meaning My God is Yahweh) is solid proof Elijah is the Almighty God.
Jehu (meaning Yahweh is He) be say Jehu is indeed, Yahweh confirmed !

https://www.abarim-publications.com/meaning/Elijah.html

https://abarim-publications.com/meaning/ jehu.html

Mr Twister wey no get shame dey lie for public forum.
"With us is God" CAN NOT mean "God became Man in Jesus"
God is with ,Moses,Joshua (Josh1:5,9. ; God is with Israel (Deut20:1) God is with Mary too(,Luke1:28) etc,
These men& women of faith did not become Yahweh, neither did Christ Jesus.

"The angel said to her (Mary): you will be with child and give birth to a son... son of the Most High... the Son of God" Luke 1:31-35.

Why U dey lie against the angel of God?
vs32, According to this fellow should change to :
" The Lord God (Yahweh) will give God the throne of David his Father"

For your mind, Mary gave birth to God. Hhmmm!!!!!
What a blasphemy !! na wa oooo. !!!!!!

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:08am On Oct 25, 2018
OneJ:
There is still life at the end of the tunnel?
It doesn't matter what verses I bring forward-they are already written-If this confuses you, study the Word of God-it doesn't change, it stays the same..
Thomas cried out, “My Lord and my God!” {John 20:28}
Obviously he witnessed something you and I could only dream off. Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
So this is where the bible fills in the grasps, we believe by Word-we believe because we have chosen to believe Christ exist in Word and in truth. "Christ is written on our hearts-He is as much spiritual then He is natural. With Us is God"
It is also important to recognize "Jesus is man, we do not simply mean that he is partially man. We mean that he is fully human, everything that belongs to the essence of true humanity is true of him. He is just as truly human as the rest of us.
The fact that Jesus is truly and fully human is clear from the fact that he has a human body {Luke 24:39} a human mind {Luke 2:52} and a human soul {Matthew 26:38}
Jesus is just as fully human as the rest of us, for just as He has all of the essential elements of the Godhead, He has all the essential elements of human nature: a human body, a human soul, a human mind, a human will, and human emotions.
His human mind was not replaced by His divine mind. Rather, He has both a human and divine mind. Jesus Will Be Fully God and Fully Man Forever, "For most people it is obvious that Jesus will be God forever. But for some reason it escapes a lot of us that Jesus will also be man forever.
He is still man right now as you read this and will be forever. The Bible is clear that Jesus rose physically from the dead in the same body that had died {Luke 24:39} and then ascended into heaven as a man in His physical body {Acts 1:9; Luke 24:50–51} It would make no sense for Him to have done this if He was simply going to ditch His body and stop being man when He arrived in heaven.
{John 1:18} The book of Hebrews gives us God the Father’s direct testimony about Christ: “But of the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever" and the gospel of John calls Jesus “the only begotten God”.
That Christ continued being man with a physical body after his ascension is confirmed by the fact that when He returns, it will be as a man in His body. He will return physically.
{Philippians 3:21} says that at his second coming, Christ “will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of his glory.” This verse is clear that Jesus still has His body. It is a glorified body, which Paul calls, “the body of His glory.”
And when Christ returns, he will still have it because this verse says that he will transform our bodies to be like His.
Both Jesus and all Christians will then continue living together in their bodies forever, because the resurrection body cannot die {1 Corinthians 15:42} since it is eternal {2 Corinthians 5:1}
OneJ:

Christ lived with Yahweh in heaven with a spiritual body., just like Yahweh his Father. 1 Cor 15:44.

"He did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped" ( because Christ is not equal with Yahweh, his Father. He no go fit grab wetin no be him own.. Christ no be thief.)

(Jesus contradicts the corrupted Interpretation in the Amplified Bible which states: "as if he did not already possess it"wink.

Don't come here with John 10:30 because U can't twist Mal 2:15 "Has not the Lord made them ONE?"
Matt 19:5,6" A man ... . will be UNITED to his wife.... So they are no longer two, BUT ONE" as God & Christ are UNITED.
. Receive sense

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:41am On Oct 25, 2018
OneJ:
. Receive sense .
So because I haven't yet produced {John 10:30, Malachi 2:15} am I still written down in the black book.. Finely a JW is starting to see a picture! Just like you are with your Mama and Papa-you are one seed! Just like when two come together in marriage two become one seed..
OneJ:

. Receive sense

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:07am On Oct 26, 2018
[/quote].

All these your long epistle is built on quicksand.

Pls stop twisting Hebrews 1:8. That verse says God's throne is for Christ to rule as king.
"Solomon sat on the throne of Yahweh as king in place of David his father" 1 Chro 29:23.
"The Lord God ( Yahweh) will give him (Jesus) the throne of David his Father.... his kingdom will never end" Luke 1:31-33.
The throne of David is actually the throne of Yahweh ("the Ancient of Days) which was given to Jesus Christ ,the promised Messiah, ("the son of Man"wink to rule as king of God's kingdom forever. Dan 7:13,14
No dull yourself.

Thomas called Jesus "my Lord & my God". Did Jesus ever said he is Almighty God, Yahweh?
Let Jesus speak for himself.

"I am returning to my Father & your Father, to my God and your God" John 20:17.
"...These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ,the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" John 20:30,31.

U dey see am ? Odo ghi n'anya ?
Thomas regarded Christ as his lord & God . Christ "the only begotten god" (John 1:18) confessed that our heavenly Father ( Yahweh) is also his own Father and our God,Yahweh, is his God.
Indeed ,Jesus called Yahweh "the only true God and the Living God (John 17:3. Jer 10:10).

Mr Man, who is Yahweh's God ? (Make U Answer am. No lie ,no twist am.)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:14am On Oct 26, 2018
brocab:

There is still life at the end of the tunnel?
It doesn't matter what verses I bring forward-they are already written-If this confuses you, study the Word of God-it doesn't change, it stays the same..
Thomas cried out, “My Lord and my God!” {John 20:28}
Obviously he witnessed something you and I could only dream off. Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.
So this is where the bible fills in the grasps, we believe by Word-we believe because we have chosen to believe Christ exist in Word and in truth. "Christ is written on our hearts-He is as much spiritual then He is natural. With Us is God"
It is also important to recognize "Jesus is man, we do not simply mean that he is partially man. We mean that he is fully human, everything that belongs to the essence of true humanity is true of him. He is just as truly human as the rest of us.
The fact that Jesus is truly and fully human is clear from the fact that he has a human body {Luke 24:39} a human mind {Luke 2:52} and a human soul {Matthew 26:38}
Jesus is just as fully human as the rest of us, for just as He has all of the essential elements of the Godhead, He has all the essential elements of human nature: a human body, a human soul, a human mind, a human will, and human emotions.
His human mind was not replaced by His divine mind. Rather, He has both a human and divine mind. Jesus Will Be Fully God and Fully Man Forever, "For most people it is obvious that Jesus will be God forever. But for some reason it escapes a lot of us that Jesus will also be man forever.
He is still man right now as you read this and will be forever. The Bible is clear that Jesus rose physically from the dead in the same body that had died {Luke 24:39} and then ascended into heaven as a man in His physical body {Acts 1:9; Luke 24:50–51} It would make no sense for Him to have done this if He was simply going to ditch His body and stop being man when He arrived in heaven.
{John 1:18} The book of Hebrews gives us God the Father’s direct testimony about Christ: “But of the Son He says, ‘Your throne, O God, is forever and ever" and the gospel of John calls Jesus “the only begotten God”.
That Christ continued being man with a physical body after his ascension is confirmed by the fact that when He returns, it will be as a man in His body. He will return physically.
{Philippians 3:21} says that at his second coming, Christ “will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of his glory.” This verse is clear that Jesus still has His body. It is a glorified body, which Paul calls, “the body of His glory.”
And when Christ returns, he will still have it because this verse says that he will transform our bodies to be like His.
Both Jesus and all Christians will then continue living together in their bodies forever, because the resurrection body cannot die {1 Corinthians 15:42} since it is eternal {2 Corinthians 5:1}

Pls stop twisting Hebrews 1:8. That verse says God's throne is for Christ to rule as king.
"Solomon sat on the throne of Yahweh as king in place of David his father" 1 Chro 29:23.
"The Lord God ( Yahweh) will give him (Jesus) the throne of David his Father.... his kingdom will never end" Luke 1:31-33.
The throne of David is actually the throne of Yahweh ("the Ancient of Days) which was given to Jesus Christ ,the promised Messiah, ("the son of Man"wink to rule as king of God's kingdom forever. Dan 7:13,14:
No dull yourself.

Thomas called Jesus "my Lord & my God". Did Jesus ever said he is Almighty God, Yahweh?

"...These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ,the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" John 20:30,31.

Thomas regarded Christ as his lord & God . Christ "the only begotten god" (John 1:18) confessed that our heavenly Father ( Yahweh) is also his own Father and our God,Yahweh, is his God.
Indeed ,Jesus called Yahweh "the only true God and the Living God (John 17:3. Jer 10:10).

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:45am On Oct 26, 2018
OneJ:
. Mr Man, who is Yahweh's God ? (Make U Answer am. No lie ,no twist am.)
Firstly I need to know, who is your God? 'Yahweh is not Jehovah...
Secondly everything I have written in Word 'you have denied it with a passion, I only answered to your page, because you needed to know, your own bible, because you want the argument-but you are walking in blind at the same time, The Watchtower believes "With Us is God.
I am not interested even trying to have some what a conversation with you, it's difficult trying to talk to someone who denies Christ-I don't believe you even know your bible? Your questions are silly-and nothing you have written is complete, and your information comes directly out of a watchtower magazine?
If you could prove you have some what truth about Jesus, I will be happy to sit down and talk-but you have not His Spirit to do such.
Everybody knows, the Word of God is more then just a book-it's Spiritual-to understand it properly we need the Spirit to teach us, you don't have the Spirit, its always the same old story-you believe you have all the answers, because you think you can work it out from your own mind, well it's impossible to even try to think above God-your denial shows positive, it is obvious why you can't accept the truth in Christ..
The word of the Watchtower is a never ending quicksand-once someone is trapped, the only way out is Christ...
OneJ:

The throne of David is actually the throne of Yahweh ("the Ancient of Days) which was given to Jesus Christ ,the promised Messiah, ("the son of Man"wink to rule as king of God's kingdom forever. Dan 7:13,14:
No dull yourself.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2018
brocab:

Firstly I need to know, who is your God? 'Yahweh is not Jehovah...
Secondly everything I have written in Word 'you have denied it with a passion, I only answered to your page, because you needed to know, your own bible, because you want the argument-but you are walking in blind at the same time, The Watchtower believes "With Us is God.
I am not interested even trying to have some what a conversation with you, it's difficult trying to talk to someone who denies Christ-I don't believe you even know your bible? Your questions are silly-and nothing you have written is complete, and your the information comes directly out of a watchtower magazine?
If you could prove you have some what about Jesus, I will be happy to sit down and talk-but you have not His Spirit to do such.
Everybody knows, the Word of God is more then just a book-it's Spiritual-to understand it properly we need the Spirit to teach us, you don't have the Spirit, its always the same old story-you believe you have all the answers, because you think you can work it out from your own mind, well it's impossible to even try to think above God-your denial shows positive, it is obvious why you can't accept the truth in Christ..
The word of the Watchtower is a never ending quicksand-once someone is trapped, the only way out is Christ...

Mr Man, once again U resort to your blatant lies, name calling & insults. Na your way.
The facts and evidences here consistently shows that U deny the Christ to be the Son of the Living God,Jehovah (Yahweh).

Jesus the "only begotten god" and son of God"(John 1:18. John20:30,31) has a Father and his God, (John20:17), is the ONLY TRUE GOD. John17:3. Isaiah 40:25.
Indeed the Living God ,Yahweh (Jehovah) Jeremiah10:10. Matt 16:13-17). is the God of Jesus Christ.
Scriptural Fact & Gospel truth.

The million dollar question that keeps hanging over your mumu false Trinity doctrine like the sword of Damocles is:

Mr Man, who is Yahweh's God? (Make U answer am. No lie, no twist am.)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2018
That's typical it just shows your mind is working overtime, and everything you have come up with, so far, doesn't quite make sense. the Jews did not dare to call God Jehovah, nor do I call God a false name..I have always addressed God "as the Father, Our Father who is in Heaven 'hallowed be thru name, your kingdom come.
I had already informed you, it can't be done, we need the Spirit of the Lord to teach us the truth, you. have only you and you, to teach you.
There are to many different denominations, that all think they are Mr right in Christ-the problem is, you all think you have all the answers without using the bible as your study book. JW's had "WRITTEN" and agreed upon concerning "JESUS""With Us is God..
Watchtower study NWT bible {Matthew 1:23}
{John 20:28} Thomas said< My Lord and my God, had we noticed, I remember the JW's would come up with certain letters that was written in the bible-the Large "L" meant God-the smaller "I" meant God's Son, well it happens-Thomas addresses Christ My Lord and my God..
OneJ:

Mr Man, once again U resort to your blatant lies, name calling & insults. Na your way.
The facts and evidences here consistently shows that U deny the Christ to be the Son of the Living God,Jehovah (Yahweh).

Jesus the "only begotten god" and son of God"(John 1:18. John20:30,31) has a Father and his God, (John20:17), is the ONLY TRUE GOD. John17:3. Isaiah 40:25.
Indeed the Living God ,Yahweh (Jehovah) Jeremiah10:10. Matt 16:13-17). is the God of Jesus Christ.

The million dollar question that keeps hanging over your mumu false Trinity doctrine like the sword of Damocles is:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2018
OneJ:

They thought Christianity is about arguing in support of one's religion when you're indifferently going your way everyday without speaking about your beliefs with your neighbor. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Instead of studying paganism closely to see if there are similarities between their religion and paganism. Pagans have no interest or love for their deities, all they knew is fear for the incomprehensible god and sacrifices to get their heart's desires!
Jehovah's Witnesses have love for our God and neighbors(Mark 12:,28-31) that's why we always try to make people notice the difference and speaking with our neighbors about our happy God(1Timothy 1:11)HIS purpose for creation,(Jeremiah 29:11)why there is trouble everywhere today(Ecclesiastes 4:1,8:9 compared to Romans 3:23) and what HE has done to salvage the situation(John 3:16-18),And what everyone who wants to be a beneficiary of HIS wonderful provisions must do. Joel 2:32 compared to John 17:3 and Revelations 14:1-7
All they're worshipping for is "fear of hellfire" and "love for worldly possessions" Matthew 19:16-22 grin grin grin
This same person was rubbished by atheists on a thread titled "how Jesus Christ was created",i asked him to give me just a day to silence all the atheists, he started calling me names and after i've silenced all those atheists in their own reasoning within just a day, he started calling them to stand up for their insanity! Then enviously turning against me again for showing him how to silence stupidity with faith. Isaiah 54:17 That's when i realized that he is not interested in learning to be a defender of the faith but already knows exactly what he's doing so i rest my case! undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:21am On Oct 27, 2018
TATIME:
They thought Christianity is about arguing in support of one's religion when you're indifferently going your way everyday without speaking about your beliefs with your neighbor. cheesy cheesy cheesy
The only problem with your theory is, we are not neighbours, not in Christ-you are unteachable..
TATIME:
Instead of studying paganism closely to see if there are similarities between their religion and paganism. Pagans have no interest or love for their deities, all they knew is fear for the incomprehensible god and sacrifices to get their heart's desires!
Jehovah's Witnesses have love for our God and neighbors(Mark 12:,28-31) that's why we always try to make people notice the difference and speaking with our neighbors about our happy God(1Timothy 1:11)HIS purpose for creation,(Jeremiah 29:11)why there is trouble everywhere today(Ecclesiastes 4:1,8:9 compared to Romans 3:23) and what HE has done to salvage the situation(John 3:16-18),And what everyone who wants to be a beneficiary of HIS wonderful provisions must do. Joel 2:32 compared to John 17:3 and Revelations 14:1-7
All they're worshipping for is "fear of hellfire" and "love for worldly possessions" Matthew 19:16-22 grin grin grin
This same person was rubbished by atheists on a thread titled "how Jesus Christ was created",i asked him to give me just a day to silence all the atheists, he started calling me names and after i've silenced all those atheists in their own reasoning within just a day, he started calling them to stand up for their insanity! Then enviously turning against me again for showing him how to silence stupidity with faith. Isaiah 54:17 That's when i realized that he is not interested in learning to be a defender of the faith but already knows exactly what he's doing so i rest my case! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Geoffreymgk: 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2018
To anyone reading this Now.
Here is an Advice i was baptised Into this Church at age Thirteen. I became More serious studious And Active afyer High school. It helped me in Certain ways cos i thought it was A Very good thing the Religion and teachings as a whole. But I ADVICE YOU TODAY TO LEAVE THAT CHURCH!! I WAS NEVER DISFELLOWSHIPPED or reproved. I never had any major fight with anyone there even though there were several reasons to.
The selling point of JWs is that it offers hope and Answers,and a Community that is far better than that available amongst any persons in the World. Citing John 13:35. As an Identfier.
Even these two things are debatable or even wrong.
Now that i have Left i can Say that 50% of JWs are just like other People anywhere no love or affection. Some are outrightly bad even the Few that feel they are serving God are so Self righteous and Judgmental not their fault though. A lot of JWs are Very depressed cos of situations of Some family members leaving or other JW problems that come from the Religion's dynamics while many are misinformed especially the not educated or exposed ones. I can even say that quite a No don't fully believe in the GB per say.
I practiced this Religion in three different countries.
I advise you Do research Most of what i grew up believing have Changed and i remember those dictrines causing problems back in those days among cong members and within families Lol. Eg types and Anti types, use of blood, Goat and Sheeps Generation, use of Internet (lol see today)

These is Just a Bunch if men- GB- who feel their way is Correct or how they interpret the Bible is Correct.
I have met others like myself b4 i left and after I left and we all agree on many of the same things.
I still saw a Video Of A Researcher at world headquarters who Just left.
I remember back in those days and i feel bad but not too bad. Life in Nigeria is especially tough putting in the JW life on a Person here can have bad Consequences on Some Persons and Families.
Read up on Franz who never did anything wrong but left willingly. Be free from this GRand Delusion! Called the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sorry for the Shabby writing i just put it down Spontaneously.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Geoffreymgk: 1:27pm On Oct 27, 2018
Watch this Video of Phill Dunne who left after Surviving refusing a Blood Transfusion when Down With Cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHMRjIVrw5c
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2018
Geoffreymgk:
To anyone reading this Now.
Here is an Advice i was baptised Into this Church at age Thirteen. I became More serious studious And Active afyer High school. It helped me in Certain ways cos i thought it was A Very good thing the Religion and teachings as a whole. But I ADVICE YOU TODAY TO LEAVE THAT CHURCH!! I WAS NEVER DISFELLOWSHIPPED or reproved. I never had any major fight with anyone there even though there were several reasons to.
The selling point of JWs is that it offers hope and Answers,and a Community that is far better than that available amongst any persons in the World. Citing John 13:35. As an Identfier.
Even these two things are debatable or even wrong.
Now that i have Left i can Say that 50% of JWs are just like other People anywhere no love or affection. Some are outrightly bad even the Few that feel they are serving God are so Self righteous and Judgmental not their fault though. A lot of JWs are Very depressed cos of situations of Some family members leaving or other JW problems that come from the Religion's dynamics while many are misinformed especially the not educated or exposed ones. I can even say that quite a No don't fully believe in the GB per say.
I practiced this Religion in three different countries.
I advise you Do research Most of what i grew up believing have Changed and i remember those dictrines causing problems back in those days among cong members and within families Lol. Eg types and Anti types, use of blood, Goat and Sheeps Generation, use of Internet (lol see today)

These is Just a Bunch if men- GB- who feel their way is Correct or how they interpret the Bible is Correct.
I have met others like myself b4 i left and after I left and we all agree on many of the same things.
I still saw a Video Of A Researcher at world headquarters who Just left.
I remember back in those days and i feel bad but not too bad. Life in Nigeria is especially tough putting in the JW life on a Person here can have bad Consequences on Some Persons and Families.
Read up on Franz who never did anything wrong but left willingly. Be free from this GRand Delusion! Called the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sorry for the Shabby writing i just put it down Spontaneously.

Apostate spotted.
Num 16:1-3,20-26.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
OneJ:

[/quote]

[/color][/color]
brocab:
[color=#000099]
everything you have come up with, so far, doesn't quite make sense. the Jews did not dare to call God Jehovah, nor do I call God a false name..I have always addressed God "as the Father, Our Father who is in Heaven 'hallowed be thru name, your kingdom come.Thomas addresses Christ My Lord and my God..

OneJ:

[/quote]

The question U have been dodging "Who is Yahweh's God? " will always haunt your false doctrine.

1) The scriptural Fact and Gospel truth above that U saw & read in your Bible will not make sense to a peddler of the false doctrine of Trinity .

2) U get name yet U dey pray to the Father wey no get name... Nameless god ( Your own sense pass the sense of your god. How foolish ! ) Lol.

3) The Jews knew the name of Almighty God YHWH , (pronounced Jehovah/ Yahweh ) and used it in worship for aeons until they (Jews) later derailed.

Na the bad thing wey Jews dey do U go dey copy?

4) "Jesus said... I am returning to my Father and your Father, my God and your God" John 20:17. John 17:3
Jesus & his disciples worshipped the same Father & the same God Almighty Yahweh.
Jesus is definitely not Almighty God,Yahweh.
Mr Man, why your heart they oppose this Gospel truth ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 27, 2018
brocab:

The only problem with your theory is, we are not neighbours, not in Christ-you are unteachable..
UNTEACHABLE yet fully competent and completely equipped student of the Watchtower that's able to silence atheists in their own reasoning. Of course "unteachable" is the proper word! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:50am On Oct 28, 2018
Then you need to keep your threats to yourself, to become silent..
And if you are a student of the Watchtower-then you would agree everything the NWT bible has to offer is all truth and nothing but the truth!
And it proves the Watchtower scholars are right when they believe Mary had a Son called Emmanuel meaning, "With Us is God?
So rightly speaking when I read the NWT bible-it is written as it states in { Revelation 2:8, Revelation 22:20} I am the Alpha and the Omega Say's Jehovah God" "the One who is, and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.
{V 20}The one who bears witness of these thing say's "Yes, I am coming quickly," "Amen! Come Lord Jesus."
So if we were to believe in the scriptures, then it is true, only One God is coming back! Jehovah-Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. the first and Last, who became dead and came to life again-He is the only true God "coming back! Just as the NWT-KJV bible's had both agreed, "He is!
The differences I find between you and a Atheist-there isn't.
TATIME:
UNTEACHABLE yet fully competent and completely equipped student of the Watchtower that's able to silence atheists in their own reasoning. Of course "unteachable" is the proper word! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 28, 2018
brocab:
Then you need to keep your threats to yourself, to become silent..
And if you are a student of the Watchtower-then you would agree everything the NWT bible has to offer is all truth and nothing but the truth!
And it proves the Watchtower scholars are right when they believe Mary had a Son called Emmanuel meaning, "With Us is God?
So rightly speaking when I read the NWT bible-it is written as it states in { Revelation 2:8, Revelation 22:20} I am the Alpha and the Omega Say's Jehovah God" "the One who is, and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.
{V 20}The one who bears witness of these thing say's "Yes, I am coming quickly," "Amen! Come Lord Jesus."
So if we were to believe in the scriptures, then it is true, only One God is coming back! Jehovah-Jesus is the Alpha and Omega. the first and Last, who became dead and came to life again-He is the only true God "coming back! Just as the NWT-KJV bible's had both agreed, "He is!
The differences I find between you and a Atheist-there isn't.
You're certainly teachable no doubt my friend, so keep it up! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
Yes I agree 'I am always teachable, as long as I am connecting to the Word of God-how about you, do you believe you are connected to the Watchtower literature? The Watchtower untruth and nothing about the truth.
I always say-there is hope for one more-you do agree on the scriptures-and you do believe the Watchtower was right when they wrote scriptures concerning Christ in the NWT bible-you do believe there is only one true God for us Christians, Jesus Christ is Lord!
El Shaddai was God's prime name to the Patriarchs.
YHWH was God's prime name to the Jews: "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am YHWH; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty [El Shaddai], but by My name, YHWH, I did not make Myself known to them." {Exodus 6:2-3}
Jesus is God's prime name for Christians: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." {Acts 4:12}
Jehovah is the name the JW's use-as their god!
Do you still believe I am teachable?
TATIME:
You're certainly teachable no doubt my friend, so keep it up! cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2018
Are the JW's ready to read-"OneJ "I hope this helps Us" The most obvious proof that Jehovah's Witnesses spell YHWH wrong as "Jehovah" is the fact that the letter "J" doesn't even exist in Hebrew, Greek, Latin. Further, the English language did not have a letter "J" before about 1500 AD.
For example, the very first edition of the KJV printed in 1611 AD, contained no "J". Not even one! Instead the letter "I" is used for Jew, Jesus, Joshua, Joanna, John AND the person pronoun "I". Instead these words were written in 1611 AD as, Iew, Iesus, Ioshua, Ioanna, Iohn.
In a stunning admission, Jehovah's witnesses tell us that the reason they continue to use "Jehovah" instead of the correct spelling Yahweh, is to be pleasing to man, not God.
One of the first things that JW new converts learn from their cultic Watchtower organization, is the lie that all Bibles are corrupt because they remove the Tetragrammaton from the Old Testament.
Most Jehovah's Witnesses are so dismally mis-informed about the matter that they have no idea how to even find the Tetragrammaton in the original Hebrew text of the Old Testament, much less even heard the term "Tetragrammaton".
What most JW's don't know is that they are the one's who are truly guilty of adding to the word of God because the New World Translation (the JW sectarian paraphrase they call a Bible), actually adds the word "Jehovah" in the New Testament 237 times where it is never found.
So the hard cold fact is that the New World Translation adds "Jehovah" into the New Testament 237 times, where there is absolutely no ancient manuscript evidence of any kind to support it.
The Watchtower teaching of a Hebrew original of Matthew that used YHWH, surely trashes the Bible and destroys any confidence in the New Testament.
If Jehovah's Witnesses can argue that YHWH was deleted from the Bible, then what else was deleted that we don't know about? Perhaps the word trinity was also used in {Matthew 28:18-19} but it too was deleted!
A lost Hebrew Matthew that used YHWH contradicts Jesus Statement that scripture cannot be broken {John 10:35} and that the word of God is both incorruptible and imperishable.
{1 Peter 1:23-25} For JW's to affirm that YHWH was once in the Bible, but deleted, is quite different from alternate readings. This is because there is absolutely no evidence in any Bible manuscript that YHWH was used ANYWHERE in the New Testament, much less Matthew.
For YHWH to have been in the original, but 100% removed without any trace, destroys all credibility in the reliability of the entire Bible itself. Of course, Christians know that JW's add YHWH into their NWT strictly for theological reasons, but in doing so, trash the Bible!
The only scholars who JW's can quote as believing in a Hebrew Matthew, are themselves Bible trashers and modernists who entirely deny the inspiration of the Bible. No scholar who views the Bible as the unalterable and inspired word of God will ever believe in a Hebrew Matthew original.
So the Watchtower organization is "in bed with" those who try to ultimately destroy anyone's faith in the Bible. But the Watchtower has a long history of doing just this. For example, in the "Should you believe in the Trinity" booklet, JW's reference several "scholars" who come right out and say, "Trinity was a pagan origin doctrine".
But what the "door to door class" of Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't know, is that all the scholars who say trinity is pagan in that booklet are themselves Bible trashers who reject the virgin birth and the resurrection of Christ and the inspiration of the Bible.
So as we will see, the JW charge that the Bibles that Christian commonly use, removes the divine name from the Old Testament is false.
We accept that Hebrew was the language of the Jewish Synagogue in the first century. This fact, however only strengthens the fact that God did not want Christians to continue using YHWH since none of the 27 New Testament books ever used it.
Jehovah's Witnesses would have us believe that YHWH was removed 100% from the New Testament, but never removed once from the Old Testament manuscripts.
The truth is that JW's are guilty of adding the Divine name into the New Testament where it is never found.
The expression, "Jehovah's Witnesses" did not exist prior to it becoming a kind of corporate trademark name of the salesmen of the Watchtower book selling company after 1930 AD.
For 2000 years the followers of Christ have called themselves "Christians", never "Yahweh's" or "Jehovah's Witnesses,".
OneJ:

[/color][/color][color=#000099]
everything you have come up with, so far, doesn't quite make sense. the Jews did not dare to call God Jehovah, nor do I call God a false name..I have always addressed God "as the Father, Our Father who is in Heaven 'hallowed be thru name, your kingdom come.Thomas addresses Christ My Lord and my God..

The question U have been dodging "Who is Yahweh's God? " will always haunt your false doctrine.

1) The scriptural Fact and Gospel truth above that U saw & read in your Bible will not make sense to a peddler of the false doctrine of Trinity .

2) U get name yet U dey pray to the Father wey no get name... Nameless god ( Your own sense pass the sense of your god. How foolish ! ) Lol.

3) The Jews knew the name of Almighty God YHWH , (pronounced Jehovah/ Yahweh ) and used it in worship for aeons until they (Jews) later derailed.

Na the bad thing wey Jews dey do U go dey copy?

4) "Jesus said... I am returning to my Father and your Father, my God and your God" John 20:17. John 17:3
Jesus & his disciples worshipped the same Father & the same God Almighty Yahweh.
Jesus is definitely not Almighty God,Yahweh.
Mr Man, why your heart they oppose this Gospel truth ?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:43pm On Oct 29, 2018
OneJ you do realise that The progressive use of God's name in the Bible: Are?
YHWH was God's prime name to the Jews: "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am YHWH; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty [El Shaddai], but by My name, YHWH, I did not make Myself known to them." {Exodus 6:2-3}
Jesus is God's prime name for Christians: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." {Acts 4:12}
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2018
[quote]
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 7:00pm On Oct 29, 2018
brocab:
OneJ you do realise that The progressive use of God's name in the Bible: Are?

El shaddai is not the name of Yahweh/ Jehovah ,God Almighty.

U already know that Yahweh is the God of Jesus Christ & his disciples John 20:17. Yahweh ,the Almighty God is Supreme. Psalms 83:18.

Jesus name "was given to men by which we must get saved" ( Acts 4:12) "for God (Yahweh) so loved the world that HE gave His begotten Son" John 3:16.
Jesus is not God's prime name for Christians. Again, let Jesus speak:

"I have made your name known to those whom you gave me out of the world. Now they that EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GIVEN ME COMES FROM YOU. I HAVE MADE YOUR NAME KNOWN TO THEM...." John 17:6,7,26.

Jesus himself contradicts U.
He confirmed he made Yahweh's name known to the disciples.
Pls dump your Trinity doctrine for dustbin.
Let the truth set U free. John 8:32

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 29, 2018
OneJ:

U already know that Yahweh is the God of Jesus Christ & his disciples John 20:17. Yahweh ,the Almighty God is Supreme. Psalms 83:18.

Jesus name "was given to men by which we must get saved" ( Acts 4:12) "for God (Yahweh) so loved the world that HE gave His begotten Son" John 3:16.

"I have made your name known to those whom you gave me out of the world. Now they that EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GIVEN ME COMES FROM YOU. I HAVE MADE YOUR NAME KNOWN TO THEM...." John 17:6,7,26.

The problem with most churchgoers is that they failed to realize that Satan only wanted them to have different line of thought which is nothing but ATHEISM!
On the other hand God's own people are united in thought, Jehovah gathered us as one flock by means of the Christ who is directing us through the GB.
All other religious groups are trying to do the same thing but they keep falling apart as a member will leave the church only to go and form another religion, and after few dispute his former GO will agree that Jesus has chosen him to start another kind of ministry!
If you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, it's impossible for you to be a Christian. Because Christianity is about submission to JEHOVAH who chose a King (Jesus) to rule over you,and Jesus in turn chose a small group through whom the larger group is getting directions.
Atheism is about each person having his/her own mindset without uniformity in worship or line of thought, whoever claims to be following Jesus but having no organized group to be a part so that you're getting interchange of encouragement and support as in helping you to maintain the oneness in thoughts is just a lover of iniquity or lawlessness. Matthew 7:23
But what baffles me is when they come on social media trying to teach others when they actually believe that there shouldn't be a organization of believers,i wonder what could be wrong with their brains. Because according to them, everyone is right so far you're calling Jesus yet they're coming on social media to set matters straight without agreeing to be under one umbrella as in organisation! undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:59am On Oct 30, 2018
The only problem with different denominations, with a slight push in the wrong direction can separate them from any truth about God.
JW's started in 1870-"Charles T Russell was a 3rd degree Mason-like Joseph Smith, both were X Seven day Adventist" "The JW's was a break away from the Seven day's, if Charles Russell searched the Word of God as he should have done-, maybe, just maybe, you would know the truth about Christ, but sadly Charles carried the Seven day's literature through to his next level, Charles felt he was listening to Jehovah, Charles believed he could prophesy dates of the end-times, "Far from any bible truth about the Lord"-this left him and the JW organisation branded as the false prophets.
The Seven day's believe Michael the archangel was Jesus in the flesh-Charles Russell followed by Joseph Smith had carried this same teaching through to their new followers.
I suppose if Charles had enough sense to pull away from the Seven day's, to join a Church in connection with Christ-not Michael the archangel, just maybe, you and your comrades would actually find Christ..
This is the problem with most so called denominations, they separate themselves away from other Churches-Churches that have fellowship with Christ-new denominations believing they have all the answers without the Word of God, how does anybody have fellowship with God to know God, without truly believing He exist..
TATIME:

The problem with most churchgoers is that they failed to realize that Satan only wanted them to have different line of thought which is nothing but ATHEISM!
On the other hand God's own people are united in thought, Jehovah gathered us as one flock by means of the Christ who is directing us through the GB.
All other religious groups are trying to do the same thing but they keep falling apart as a member will leave the church only to go and form another religion, and after few dispute his former GO will agree that Jesus has chosen him to start another kind of ministry!
If you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, it's impossible for you to be a Christian. Because Christianity is about submission to JEHOVAH who chose a King (Jesus) to rule over you,and Jesus in turn chose a small group through whom the larger group is getting directions.
Atheism is about each person having his/her own mindset without uniformity in worship or line of thought, whoever claims to be following Jesus but having no organized group to be a part so that you're getting interchange of encouragement and support as in helping you to maintain the oneness in thoughts is just a lover of iniquity or lawlessness. Matthew 7:23
But what baffles me is when they come on social media trying to teach others when they actually believe that there shouldn't be a organization of believers,i wonder what could be wrong with their brains. Because according to them, everyone is right so far you're calling Jesus yet they're coming on social media to set matters straight without agreeing to be under one umbrella as in organisation! undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:24am On Oct 30, 2018
Let the truth set U free. {John 8:32}
Question: "Is Jehovah the true name of God?" Answer to this is deafeningly "NO"
Answer: In the Hebrew Scriptures, the name of God is recorded as YHWH. So, where did the name “Jehovah” come from? Ancient Hebrew did not use vowels in its written form. The vowels were pronounced in spoken Hebrew but were not recorded in written Hebrew. The appropriate vowel sounds of words were passed down orally. As a result, when ancient Hebrew is studied, scholars and linguists often do not know with absolute confidence how certain Hebrew words were pronounced.
This particularly becomes an issue when studying the Hebrew name of God, written in the Hebrew Scriptures as YHWH, also known as the tetragrammaton.
Despite much study and debate, it is still not universally agreed upon how the Hebrew name for God YHWH was pronounced. Some prefer “Yahweh” (YAH-way); others prefer “Yehowah,” “Yahuweh,” or “Yahawah”; still the JW's argue for “Jehovah.”
As you can see, virtually everything is up for debate. Should YHWH be pronounced with three syllables or two? Should the vowels be borrowed from Elohim or Adonai?
Should the W be pronounced with more of a W sound or more of a V sound? It is not the purpose of this article to settle the debate. Rather, it is the purpose of this article to discuss the use of “Jehovah.”
The vast majority of Jewish and Christian biblical scholars and linguists do not believe “Jehovah” to be the proper pronunciation of YHWH.
There was no true J sound in ancient Hebrew. Even the Hebrew letter vav, which is transliterated as the W in YHWH is said to have originally had a pronunciation closer to W than the V of Jehovah.
Jehovah is essentially a Germanic pronunciation of the Latinized transliteration of the Hebrew YHWH. It is the letters of the tetragrammaton, Latinized into JHVH, with vowels inserted. “Yahweh” or “Yehowah” is far more likely to be the correct pronunciation.
The form Jehovah, though, is very commonly used. It is used in the King James Version of the Bible {Genesis 22:14; Exodus 6:3; 17:15; Judges 6:24; Psalm 83:18; Isaiah 12:2; 26:4} But not throughout the hole bible.
It is also used, and strenuously promoted by, the Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Jehovah’s Witnesses emphasize the use of Jehovah to the extent that any other name or title for God is viewed as borderline idolatry or outright heresy.
With all of that said, it is not crucial to the Christian faith for the proper pronunciation of YHWH to be known. Both the Old and New Testaments, inspired by God, use generic terms for “God” and “Lord,” including El, Elohim, and Adonai (Hebrew); and Theos and Kurios (Greek). If the authors of Scripture, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, were allowed to use these terms, it is not wrong for us to refer to Him as “God” or “Lord,” either.
In conclusion, it is highly unlikely that “Jehovah” is the correct pronunciation of YHWH. Further, it is far more important to know God through faith in Jesus Christ, than it is to know the correct pronunciation of His name in Hebrew.
OneJ:

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Miracles Through Prayers" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 261
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.