Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,680 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (56155 Views)

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra  7 / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by tolastikha: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2015
I might have sounded too unserious in my last comment on this subject. To put small seriousness into it, Biafra will not succeed if they don't approach their request from one serious point. I strongly believe the right to self secession is a collective right of all society that feels she can get it right alone. Apart from the Igbo no zone in Nigeria is willing to secede. However, any government in power will only take them serious if they reject any form of political patronage and stand out to demand for self determination.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Shymm3x: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

Nigeria is a country ... by geographical definition. It is recognised as a country, by the United Nations and it is soveriegn.

can it ("Is it" is quite the correct way to put it) functioning "properly" like a country?
The answer to that is "No".

It has challenges, huge ones for that matter! from corruption to mal-administration, e.t.c.

NB: I have deliberately avoided mentioning that Nnamdi kanu and the many cogent questions l raised earlier... so that we can get a handle on this discussion because like l said, "timing is of essence", in any struggle.

NEXT..?

Lastpage!

Thanks, Sir.

You asserted that "Nigeria is a country ... by geographical definition" a la Awolowo cos it's recognised by the UN - fair enough. However, you also agreed that it can't function properly as a country. And that's an oxymoron and it shows that the existence of Nigeria as a country contradicts what a proper country should be. So, if that's the case, what's the point of keep such a country together - to the detriment of the millions of folks living within the borders of that geographical location? The folks whose rights to quality standard of living, good life, quality education etc.. are being denied by the continuous existence of a "geographical definition" that can't and will never function properly, like a normal country should? Why should we continue to deny them these rights just to keep the "geographical definition" alive, and not cater to their divine rights?

Also, I know you're Yoruba and a good student of Nigerian history. So, I'll ask you this questions: since Nigeria became a country, during what period did the Yorubas attain greatness and were on the path, to change the stigma associated with black Africa, when it comes to governance? And why were the Yorubas able to achieve this feat?

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Adiwana: 11:48am On Nov 08, 2015
Many People Online are just Jobless,Lazy People who think Politics is all about na we we.What we should all seek about is true Federalism not coming online and bragging and chest beating."Make them just kill all the protesters","Make them just hang Nnamdi Kanu".why do you think the fed govt arent prosecuting him..
Secession of the country is not going to go don well with both parties..Nigeria will lose and so will biafra.The fed Gvt. should implement The national Confab reports so that things will go on well and everybody stays happy

We all should pray and avoid by any means anything that would bring about another War in this country cos 1967 and 2015 will never be the same..the sad truth is that it wouldnt be btw Nigeria vs Biafra but it would be exactly the same Scenario of Syria..

Many Think its just Naija vs Biafra but quickly forget that BH and possible Emancipation of Niger delta militants are also in the Picture and by the time it would all end.,this nation is going to break into many parts and everybody loses..Happy sunday y'all

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by braine(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2015
vanbonattel:

Your brain is still loading 0.001% cheesy
At least mine is loading. Yours has refused to load. 0.00%
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by mabolo: 11:49am On Nov 08, 2015
The igbo people always get their politics wrong. Here are very energetic and extremely industrious race but always poor in high political trade off. The on going clamour for biafra is laced with emotions, as a result of loss of power. Six years of Jonathan's Presidency did not witness a single protest for the actualization of biafra. With elections over with realty that PDP lost, there appeared to be nothing to fight for, so the buried agitation for biafra was exhumed this is we don't take them seriously in politics. They lack unity and has refused to learn over the years. This is not 1967 the south south of today will never agree to be part of biafra. They will rather become an independent country on their own. That's is a spanner in the wheel. Talking about other regions not having any resources please can I be educated about the mineral resources in south east that Nigeria cannot do without or what resources will biafra live on other than their individual industriousness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by vanbonattel: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

STFU! What's the correlation between Awolowo and this thread?

Fvck off my mentions, prick.

There you go again, what is with the yoruba and cursing?
Am sure you curse your wife while banging her
"Fumilayo open ya legs wider , were nie, oloshi cheesy"

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 11:50am On Nov 08, 2015
vanbonattel:

Good analogy!

Now my own reading of the same example is pure cowardice. If the west stood up and challenged the north for once instead of the greed for presidency which still bastardized the country and left things the same, leaving us all cities not this quagmire.

You are right, the Igbo would have reacted differently.

You are still missing the point here!

We Yorubas dont believe in "aggression as a means to an end".

This is where we are different from the Ibos.

We believe more in "Use of Brain power" to resolve issues, after-all, after the "fight-fight", you will still have to come and "discuss" to solve the problem.
And we have the RESULTS TO PROVE IT, in the last 55 years of Nigeria's independence! kiss kiss

Look at it this way: When Animals disagree over territory, its a "fight to death and the stronger has to kill the weaker one, to stay alive".
But as evolved "higher animals", man has learnt to set-up institutions to "deliberate and find solutions" to the same type of territorial issues... instead do behaving like wild animals.

The ability to resolve issues without recourse to "base, animalistic mentality" is a sign of "sophisticated, cranial development"....(look at America made up of over 50 states (like 50 countries), yet it is able to resolve its electoral disputes (even outright rigging as in Al Gore, unlike some African countries like East Africa, Ivory Coast, Liberia which will destroy each other over the same thing)

You will agree with me that this is a symptom of "being evolved and sophistication".

NB: you have insulted me a few times but l have taken the pains to respond to you in a "civil manner" to still buttress my point that we are "genetically different ....and miles-apart"!
That is why l am Yoruba.... and you are Ibo
. undecided

Lastpage!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by efilefun(m): 11:55am On Nov 08, 2015
successiam:
thou I'm a Niger Delta man, Biafra must stand

God bless Biafra

may God destroy northern Nigeria
lol that prayer should have been directed to devil not God
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2015
ExInferis:
Biafra is an economic ideology.

The agitation is not founded on any rational basis of victimhood, just for pecuniary spoils of national wealth. If igbos are downtrodden and victimized, how could they then flourish and claim to own Nigeria's economy and business wealth? Does that sound like marginalization to anyone?

The south easterners blame everyone for their plight except themselves. They blame northerners for the amalgamation, westerners for not joining in their violent secession, and deltans for not allowing their own identity to be subsumed.

The igbos claim to hold the wealth of nigeria in their hands. Shouldn't they use their own god given resources to address their situation where our leaders and theirs are unwilling? Resorting to self help alone would provide basis for their cries.

The propellant of biafra is hatred combined with economic deprivation and not some perceived injustice. During the first biafran misadventure igbos occupied high echelons of society and the military. But they did nothing to help themselves. Instead they triggered an event they knew was going to devastate every segment of their lives.

50 years later no lesson has been learned. If violent aggression was counterproductive back then, why is the current violent expression a vehicle for self determination?

Who in Nigeria is not grieved? Who in Nigeria is not suffering? The north held power more than any other, behold the result: polio, illiteracy, raging poverty, hunger, unemployment, insurgency. We've become a laughing stock and butt of bigot's jokes. But we do not hold any other tribe accountable. We do not demand a balm to soothe our pains. We do not demand entitlement nor do we cultivate a victim mentality.

The GEJ government allowed BH to fester and decimate thousands of us, laying waste to the little economic endeavors we had sustaining us. But we reserv3d our hatred only for GEJ and not the entire ijaw nation. Indeed Amaechi is a hero in the north for helping us get rid of the simple gentleman.

The Niger Deltans are among the most deprived, but they know their leadership stole their wealth. Politicians and Militants have an economic symbiosis that's lucrative and mutually beneficial to both parasites to the detriment of the laity.

As the article suggested, the southwest did not do any better in the days of obasanjo. Lagos has an IGR more than double the federal allocation of my state kaduna, but Lagos still hasn't really moved forward from the days of Tinubu to now.

Of course people now and then mutter secession based on their grievances. But no one except the igbos made it a mass body of violent movement.

No one wants to be threatened with violence. The Scots everyone keeps referring to did not threaten Britain with violence. I assure you if a band of kilted Scots had massed together and declared war, the British army would've mobilized over the borders of old Caledonia.

A nation like Nigeria made up of a patchwork of hundreds of different and differing interests, ethnicities, tribes and religions cannot afford the luxury of allowing separatists to determine its composition. Allowing biafra will no doubt open the floodgates of separatism by each and every body of people.

Separation is not always the answer. Look at south sudan. Don't just think of the benefits of Biafra, think of the consequences.

In sum, nigeria is working for no one but a small group of people who pull the strings. But no one else is threatening doom and gloom except the igbos.

If you don't heed the lessons of history you're bound to repeat it.

Igbos are just victims of their own history.

Mr mallam, you are 100% demented no doubt. See why

1.) Your awusa/Fulani bigots like junaid, ciroma etc always blame the south for all your woes in the north.

2.) The succesful Igbo were accused of helping themselves too much in 50s-60s, that was why it was easy for less fortunate hausas and yorubas to gang up against them. It was like a class struggle.

3.) Stop comparing Biafra with South sudan. They are not as literate and economically empowered as Biafra due to the fact that've been fight arab marginalization for years. Comparing your almajiri infested land with South sudan will suffice.

4.) Igbo-land doesn't end in the 5 states because Abookis said so. Biafra is a movement that stretches all the way from Ebonyi to yenogoa down to the Bight of Biafra.

5.) The continued detention of the mandela of Biafra, endangers the lives of your hausa people anywhere in Biafraland. Cowardly living close to barracks won't save them when the worst happens in DSS cell. You should know what i mean.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by vanbonattel: 11:59am On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

We believe more in "Use of Brain power" to resolve issues, after-all, after the "fight-fight", you will still have to come and "discuss" to solve the problem.
And we have the RESULTS TO PROVE IT, in the last 55 years of Nigeria's independence! kiss kiss

Look at it this way: When Animals disagree over territory, its a "fight to death and the stronger has to kill the weaker one, to stay alive".
But as evolved "higher animals", man has learnt to set-up institutions to "deliberate and find solutions" to the same type of territorial issues... instead do behaving like wild animals.

The ability to resolve issues without recourse to "base, animalistic mentality" is a sign of "sophisticated, cranial development"....(look at America made up of over 50 states (like 50 countries), yet it is able to resolve its electoral disputes (even outright rigging as in Al Gore, unlike some African countries like East Africa, Ivory Coast, Liberia which will destroy each other over the same thing)

You will agree with me that this is a symptom of "being evolved and sophistication".

NB: you have insulted me a few times but l have taken the pains to respond to you in a "civil manner" to still buttress my point that we are "genetically different ....and miles-apart"!
. undecided

Lastpage!

You are making my points for me, the Yoruba confuse their cowardice for quiet resolution but cannot point to any benefits of the years of suffering and smiling grin
You can always think that you have ruled for many years since independence but the poverty in your lands is alarming. Apart from a few multi billionaires the rest of your youths are wasting under the various long bridges robbing every one or engaging in other illegal activity. The approach of the Yoruba is to blame for the hole the country found itself due to its stupid way of remaining aloof in the face of gross incompetence in handling the affairs of this ccountry

Do you now see where we differ? There is cowardice in the genes of every Yoruba, including you.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Deltagiant: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
[b]
[b]Restless potential prosecutors of another civil war must face the fact that unlike last time, there are observers, international observers to, from their home countries, enforce rules of civilised engagements. These days, you may not escape charges for crimes against humanity. And to perfect such criminal charges, satellite television will beam over all military operations. Also note that national borders of countries are no longer considered sacrosanct or inviolate to offer a basis for denying subjects their right to self-determination. Are countries not, therefore, not rendered vulnerable to balkanisation? Which country will, therefore, be safe from disintegration? The simple response is that even the so-called Balkans of old have self-balkanised. Yugoslavia, yesteryear beacon against disintegration, since broke up into various new independent nations of Serbia, Montenegro and Croatia, among others. Evwn Czechoslovakia of old also broke into Czech and Slovak. Heavens did not fall as all the new countries enjoy mutual respec[/b]t.
[/b]

Yes, that is the new world order many descendants of the 1960s feudalists and their southern vassals do not comprehend.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by adanny01(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Spybradd:

well i would like you to know that citizens of biafra and the niger delta are educated and civilised and are their brother's keepers...they aint prone to parasitism or get down with the DOG IN THE MANGER theory...they aint lazy neither do they wait for others to toil and labor for them to reap where they never sowed....
Am sorry,but you sound more like the devil's advocate hell bent on setting brethren apart..be careful,thats something God hates so much..

I guess you are Igbo. You know well Biafra with be in your best interest but nothing will change for the Niger Deltans.

My position is from history of South Sudan which your Biafra resembles. You can decieve the Niger Deltans but you cant decieve the Northerners or South Westerners.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by sanmibukunmi: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

. undecided

Lastpage!
you are bright.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by damoobaba: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
Truth is that all Nigerian ethnic groups have to redefine our union.All this government people are only interested in the money they'll share amongst themselves when they get to power.And thats why the youths have to come together and challenge this people.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by soldierdollar(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2015
iambabaG:
What is wrong with all dis "Biafra aggitators".. What do dey know about running a country because 2 d best of my knowledge dey r yet 2 produce any leader of note. Wen dey eventually get wot dey ask which I am in support because dey av little effect in d country; how long will dey stay as one since they r insincere nd jealous of themselves.
Dey shuld call a round table discussion nd thrash some internal issues out before all dis display of stupidity!!
Bdw.. Dis article is very lengthy nd pointless!!

Don't worry about us . when we get to the bridge , we cross it . focus on how your region will survive when Biafrans depart .
Thanks for your concerns anyway

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by vanbonattel: 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2015
damoobaba:
Truth is that all Nigerian ethnic groups have to redefine our union.All this government people are only interested in the money they'll share amongst themselves when they get to power.And thats why the youths have to come together and challenge this people.

You are intelligent.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by adanny01(m): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kestolovee95:

Mr hausawa abooki, the protector of the SS, the killer of their leaders and the looter of their resources and destroyer of their ecosystem. You think the Nigerdelta are fools? Every Biafran province will own its resources 100%. Are you sure about this. That means you have no government or pay no taxes. Igbo Biafrans have fared well without oil billions and morever the oil value is fall everyday.
Just go tend to your cows. Biafrans havr one destiny. We have nothing in common the crude and cruel children of uthman dan fodio who wear the bedsheets on the heads.

Igbo Biafrans have fare well agree but what ever they have can become usless once they are no longer Nigerians. They have to trade with Nigerians to succeed. Everything that cones from Biafra will now go through Nigerian customs and any ban will affect Biafra.

If you really think Igbo will let you have it all then you must be dreaming. They own Biafra, you will see.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Phinagold(f): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
You blame UK, you blame US , you even twist history just to jerk off and feel satisfied

Guess what , UK does not give a flying Furck about Biafra or you , Neither does any part of the world

You know why ??

You thrive on lies and propaganda , if not for that, UK just gave freedom to a nation

Spain just did , they followed protocol, did not use propaganda

Kalu is in prison, what has your protest done ?

Better go back to sit down and reorganize

Biafra has no geographical area or border with everyone saying they are not part of Biafra

There's no source of Income, i assure you Nigeria won't just open her seas and borders to you

All stll on still, na God Win

U know nothing about history. As stupid as u are u dont know that the so called Britain still control Nigeria,they know fully well that they wont have any direct business with Biafra and thus wont benefit from there. Thats why they are insisting on one Nigeria. If they dont give a f>ck about Nigeria, why do ur so called leaders still look up to their opinion

Nigeria is not an independent country. Get that straight

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Thanks, Sir.

You asserted that "Nigeria is a country ... by geographical definition" a la Awolowo cos it's recognised by the UN - fair enough. However, you also agreed that [b]it can't [/b]function properly as a country. And that's an oxymoron and it shows that the existence of Nigeria as a country contradicts what a proper country should be. So, if that's the case, what's the point of keep such a country together - to the detriment of the millions of folks living within the borders of that geographical location? The folks whose rights to quality standard of living, good life, quality education etc.. are being denied by the continuous existence of a "geographical definition" that can't and will never function properly, like a normal country should? Why should we continue to deny them these rights just to keep the "geographical definition" alive, and not cater to their divine rights?

Also, I know you're Yoruba and a good student of Nigerian history. So, I'll ask you this questions: since Nigeria became a country, during what period did the Yorubas attain greatness and were on the path, to change the stigma associated with black Africa, when it comes to governance? And why were the Yorubas able to achieve this feat?

Oga Shymex, Please read my post again!

I never said "it cant" function properly!
I said "It is not" functioning properly as it should
Both dont connote the same thing, l am sure you are aware because l know you are a very brilliant person.

...and again, l gave a "broad and general definition" of a country because l took your question at "face value".
It has nothing to do with Awolowo (his words l think were "geographical expression".... that is not what l said.

Now, to the main substance of your post:

Again, l answer your questions directly:
*Yorubas attained their greatest during the ear of "Regional Govt" when Awolowo as Premier of the Western region, developed the West and we were the envy of other regions because we excelled over and above others in all areas (my Ibo brothers will tell you that we excelled in material resources because we stole their money they left behind when they try to secede or that we excelled academically because we stopped them from getting good education or we got our resources because they developed Lagos due to its being a Federal capital! grin grin ).

The second part of your question: Yorubas were able to achieve this feat because we were able to develop at our own pace.....without being bogged down by those who dont want to "develop" or had other things on their mind or as their priority.

Now, take note: We did all these even as a part of the nation Nigeria... not because we secede or revolted against the Federal govt!

I will agree this much, "True Fiscal federalism" is the solution to Nigeria's problem .... not breaking into parts through secession, as the Ibos would want it.

Let me draw your attention to the fact that as it is today, it will be "an act of excessive greed" for the Ibos to chose to secede..... taking the South-South with them.
They could ask for "Regionalism" where like in the early 60's, each region will develop at its own pace.

If crude Oil is not the main-stay of Nigeria's economy, with Nigeria investing a lot of resources to get it to the point it is TODAY, then maybe this agitation for secession would be worth considering.

If the Ibos are not greedy and truly feel secession is what they want, ask them if they are ready to do it with their "five core Ibo states" ...without drawing the South_South Minorities into it.
In that way, Nigeria's "dependent resources" wont be affected ... and the South -South people wont be dragged into a Biafra most of them dont want to be a part of. This is REALITY!

But l tell you, if you remove those "oil rich' states from their agitation, you will find out that their agitation will simply die "a natural death"!
grin
How on earth can five states say they want to take what belongs to the whole country and arrogate it to themselves.... all in the name of self determination?
I dont even want to go into the merits and demerits of this secession.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
adanny01:

Igbo Biafrans have fare well agree but what ever they have can become usless once they are no longer Nigerians. They have to trade with Nigerians to succeed. Everything that cones from Biafra will now go through Nigerian customs and any ban will affect Biafra.

If you really think Igbo will let you have it all then you must be dreaming. They own Biafra, you will see.

Who was the second president of Biafra? Was Gen Effiong Igbo?
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by str8talk1: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
You blame UK, you blame US , you even twist history just to jerk off and feel satisfied

Guess what , UK does not give a flying Furck about Biafra or you , Neither does any part of the world

You know why ??

You thrive on lies and propaganda , if not for that, UK just gave freedom to a nation

Spain just did , they followed protocol, did not use propaganda

Kalu is in prison, what has your protest done ?

Better go back to sit down and reorganize

Biafra has no geographical area or border with everyone saying they are not part of Biafra

There's no source of Income, i assure you Nigeria won't just open her seas and borders to you
UK & USA has arrogated 2 themselves 2 b d mouthpiece of d world even when they r jumping d gun (i.e. D plane crash in Egypt,misleading d public b4 d outcome of d accident investigation team's report)
Ur Daura king shld simply free Kanu and stop being a dictator as we hv knw him 2 b.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by oluwaahmed: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
lmm4real:

What has the state governor done about this, learn to hold ur state and local government leaders responsible too.

It's a federal road bros
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by princejayboss: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
Setaje:

We have igbo senators. Igbo local government chairman, igbo governors, like wise yorubas , we have proffesionals working in this same government from every region. We've had hausas for many years in the government, we had a yoruba man, the Niger delta had jonathan and the igbos were greatly involved in that government. They give us our allocation every month, yet nothing changed. This is not a matter of biafra. This is a black man's problem. What u cannot get in Nigeria, u cannot get it in Biafra. Igbo leaders should have fought for massive development during jonathans time. They could not even fight for the Niger bridge. Who do u blame for that? Leaders emerge out of followers. What our leaders are doing to us is as a result of who we are. Africans should learn to fight the right battle. If not we would continue to be impoverished. Nothing will change. No african country is doing well except south Africa because the whites are firmly in control of their economy. We cannot continue to blame the white man for our woes. They saw that we were not developed hence they were able to partition us like animals. There is something inherently wrong wiv the black mind. Till we wake up. Till God illuminates our understanding. Nothing will change.

And I am hundred percent certain biafra will never be different from the rest of Africa. Likewise oduduwa republic or the north. if this igbos could come out like this for Nnamdi Kanu, defying rain and police brutality, why couldn't they do the same for their governor? Why couldn't they do the same for their senators, why couldn't they do the same for their local government chairman? Those are the people representing them. Those are their voices, those are the people who could have made life better for them, this same youths would see their governor tomorrow and hail them. Would go and beg for common borehole from their local government chairman and councillors. How do u rationalise this?

Isn't something wrong wiv the black mind

Well said brother..... But I want to draw your attention to a few points in regards to this issue..... Am not a fan of Nnamdi kalu despite being an Igbo man and will never be.... Personal reason

How has our past and present government improved reconciliation process among the regions... after the 1966 massacre.... What has the government done to improve reconciliation and federal character.. Nothing than double standard where a student in north needs 23 marks in jamb to gain admission while the guy in west need 200.... Naija lets be sincere

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by somez(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
Voice of a mentally immature man
Phame:
Let them go. But if they insult us in the course of their agitation, then expect us to roll the tanks.
I want igbo to go. Buhari, do that already.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

Everything is not Federal Govt!

As a matter of fact, what the STATE (State Govt and Local Govt) takes from the National Cake, is bigger than what accrues to the Federal Govt, per state!

We are focusing too much attention on the Federal govt while neglecting the "Big Criminals"... who are the State Government and Local govt Chairmen who just collect and steal their allocations!

Imagine if all "Street Roads" which are the responsibility of Local govt, are tarred and well laid with Gutters?
Imagine if the State Government compliments this with Major Roads in the state, well tarred and supported with proper drainage?

You think if this is done, anyone will remember we even have or need a federal govt?

The point l am making is that until we Nigerians remove this "federal Govt" tribalism and bigotry from our mindset and start stoning these Governors and especially the LGA chairmen, until, then, we will just continue to suffer and go round in circles.

Lastpage!

Oga painter, can't you actualize whatever tickles your fantasy without sharing the passport with Biafrans?
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by dinggle: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
Buhari pls let this Igbos go....their noise is a headache.....
Provided:
1. There is a vote allowing every citizen in the states of Biafra to vote, Yes or No.
2. Should they vote to go, they can never return irrespective of their success or failure.
3. Leaders must sign agreement if the citizens vote not to go, any further agitation will be punishable by life in imprisonment or death.

Common sense! if the present and past government of states in the Biafra region have not changed the lives of their ppl, then Biafra is a one chance agenda and Igbo ppl should be concerned about the propaganda.
If the reason for agitation is the presidency....sorry!...they will never get it under Nigeria, because we just can't trust them.
Presidency to the Igbo man could mean giving them access to milk Nigeria for "Project Biafra".
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by ManTiger(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
I don know say na Long Epistle.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
vanbonattel:

You are making my points for me, the Yoruba confuse their cowardice for quiet resolution but cannot point to any benefits of the years of suffering and smiling grin
You can always think that you have ruled for many years since independence but the poverty in your lands is alarming. Apart from a few multi billionaires the rest of your youths are wasting under the various long bridges robbing every one or engaging in other illegal activity. The approach of the Yoruba is to blame for the hole the country found itself due to its stupid way of remaining aloof in the face of gross incompetence in handling the affairs of this ccountry

Do you now see where we differ? There is cowardice in the genes of every Yoruba, including you.

Do l need to remind you that we have produced the Commander-in-Chief of this country so many time that l lost count.... as a "benefit" of our "mental capacity to resolve issues using brain power".... as opposed to those suicidal agitators who boast they will bring Nigeria to its knees but got whipped like Babies so much so they still suffer the consequence till today?

"Foolishness is when you keep doing the same thing and expect a different result".

I thought ibos are busy developing our land for us while theirs lie in ruins and are erosion-ridden?
Call us a coward, we dont care.
You that is not a coward, yet you are always playing catch-up and begging to be "relased" like a kind of hausa-SLAVE
grin grin

Abeg, make l discuss with an intelligent person joor, you are too boring!

Lastpage

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by soldierdollar(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
Phame:
I can't just understand those people.
See puppy barking . I can't make any sense from your write-ups
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by oluwaahmed: 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

Oga Shymex, Please read my post again!

I never said "it cant" function properly!
I said "It is not" functioning properly as it should
Both dont connote the same thing, l am sure you are aware because l know you are a very brilliant person.

...and again, l gave a "broad and general definition" of a country because l took your question at "face value".
It has nothing to do with Awolowo (his words l think were "geographical expression".... that is not what l said.

Now, to the main substance of your post:

Again, l answer your questions directly:
*Yorubas attained their greatest during the ear of "Regional Govt" when Awolowo as Premier of the Western region, developed the West and we were the envy of other regions because we excelled over and above others in all areas (my Ibo brothers will tell you that we excelled in material resources because we stole their money they left behind when they try to secede or that we excelled academically because we stopped them from getting good education or we got our resources because they developed Lagos due to its being a Federal capital! grin grin ).

The second part of your question: Yorubas were able to achieve this feat because we were able to develop at our own pace.....without being bogged down by those who dont want to "develop" or had other things on their mind or as their priority.

Now, take note: We did all these even as a part of the nation Nigeria... not because we secede or revolted against the Federal govt!

I will agree this much, "True Fiscal federalism" is the solution to Nigeria's problem .... not breaking into parts through secession, as the Ibos would want it.

Let me draw your attention to the fact that as it is today, it will be "an act of excessive greed" for the Ibos to chose to secede..... taking the South-South with them.
They could ask for "Regionalism" where like in the early 60's, each region will develop at its own pace.

If crude Oil is not the main-stay of Nigeria's economy, with Nigeria investing a lot of resources to get it to the point it is TODAY, then maybe this agitation for secession would be worth considering.

If the Ibos are not greedy and truly feel secession is what they want, ask them if they are ready to do it with their "five core Ibo states" ...without drawing the South_South Minorities into it.
In that way, Nigeria's "dependent resources" wont be affected ... and the South -South people wont be dragged into a Biafra most of them dont want to be a part of. This is REALITY!

But l tell you, if you remove those "oil rich' states from their agitation, you will find out that their agitation will simply die "a natural death"!
grin
How on earth can five states say they want to take what belongs to the whole country and arrogate it to themselves.... all in the name of self determination?
I dont even want to go into the merits and demerits of this secession.

Lastpage!

D problem wit most of us is dat we argue witout facts esp 4rm d comfort of our homes. I am a traveller/adventurer and I can tell u categorically dat Ders oil in ibo land in commercial quantities. Esp in abia and imo state. D oil der can sustain d whole of ibo land 4 decades. Am not even goin 2 go into gas reserves in ibo land. Stop sayin witout ND dey won't survive! Pls get ur facts 1st hand. Ders oil in alaigbo! Stop deceivin urself!

Smetyms wen I read posts like dis 4rm u oda yoruba tribal warlords, I begin 2 wonder were we lost it. Ow can we stoop so low 2 draggin resources of oda tribes wit dem? We used 2 be d pride of niigeria & africa wit our intellectuals pple who shaped d destiny of africa. Wole soyinka, kuti family awolowo. Wat happnd? Ow did d yoruba race go 4rm bein great intellectuals enviable by everybody, 2 becum touts & low life's? Wat den is d essence of free educatn. We used 2 provide professors & doctors @ d age of 35 to 40. Intellectuals in biz & finance. We allowed corruptn 2 ruin our pple now we look @ d resources of oda tribes & try 2 covert it 4 ourselves. Even b4 d oil boom was yorubaland not prosperous? Even b4 colonizatn was lagos not already an economic hub? PLEASE stop degradin yoruba pple wit ur unconventnal lust 4 oil dat no 1 is buyin again. Go 2 schl nd make yoruba leaders proud

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kestolovee95:

Oga painter, can't you actualize whatever tickles your fantasy without sharing the passport with Biafrans?

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 12:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
pazienza:
Too many ignorance induced verbose essay by the usual anti Biafran elements on this thread.

And the funny Thing is that all the propaganda they are all busy spewing here had all been debunked time and again by Biafrans.

I am already bored of debunking these lies everyday.

The only thing that matters right now, is that in the end, Biafra will come.

It's set on stone, I would advise bitter groups to stop wasting their strength on Biafra and focus more on their own groups survival in the emerging Arewa-Oduanistan.

God bless Biafra!

Oga paz, me too oo. Everyday i find myself debunking the same anti-Biafran crap over and over again. Can't this naysayers learn? They can smell Biafra but they just decided to close their nostrils to the Biafran fragrance of freedom. grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral / Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists / Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.