Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,779 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper (56156 Views)

Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra  7 / APC Shops For Saraki’s Replacement- The Sun Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
oluwa ahmed:

D problem wit most of us is dat we argue witout facts esp 4rm d comfort of our homes. I am a traveller/adventurer and I can tell u categorically dat Ders oil in ibo land in commercial quantities. Esp in abia and imo state. D oil der can sustain d whole of ibo land 4 decades. Am not even goin 2 go into gas reserves in ibo land. Stop sayin witout ND dey won't survive! Pls get ur facts 1st hand. Ders oil in alaigbo! Stop deceivin urself!

Tell us the contribution of the "oil" from the five Ibo states, to Nigeria's Crude export ... in terms of percentages!

Since you are a "man of FACTS", you will have to back-up your claim with facts.
undecided undecided undecided

Waiting.

Lastpage!

NB: Next time, dont use a Yoruba-sounding user-id (oluwa ahmed), it makes you look foolish knowing how easily you give yourself out as an ignorant Ibo boy who is ashamed of his origins! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Phinagold(f): 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
juicee1:
The writer painted nnamdi kanu as a saint when he said the british government didn't arrest scotland's leader for calling for secession.

Did the scotish leader call britain a zoo? Did he insult other tribes/nationalities in it? Did he call for arms to be picked up? Did he promise to fall th zoo? Did he referred to britains as baboons and monkeys? Did he tell his boys to blow up britain?

Nnamdi kanu committed treasonable offences and should be dealt with.

As for the politicians sponsoring biafra, DSS is listening.

U are just a taut, Biafra do not need the opinion of a taut to survive.ur opinion do not matter even to those zoo politicians who give u arms to lift ballot boxes to win election. They dont even know u by ur name.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
I didn't say i will bomb the zoo. I said i'll destroy it completely-Nnamdi Kanu (2015)
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by adanny01(m): 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kestolovee95:

Who was the second president of Biafra? Was Gen Effiong Igbo?

If Biafra secedes, are you expecting a Military dictatorship or you would want an election. Man is selfish in Nature and the first elected president of Biafra will definately be Igbo and you dont have the votes to stop it. Then they will consolidate in their hold and Nigerdeltans will start a new uprising.

Besides, Effiong was President for 4 days because Ojukwu fled. There is no Biafra without Igbo. Niger deltans are there for convenience.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
adanny01:

If Biafra secedes, are you expecting a Military dictatorship or you would want an election. Man is selfish in Nature and the first elected president of Biafra will definately be Igbo and you dont have the votes to stop it. Then they will consolidate in their hold and Nigerdeltans will start a new uprising.

Besides, Effiong was President for 4 days because Ojukwu fled. There is no Biafra without Igbo.

well said!

Lastpage!
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymex, No response again?

Maybe l need to take my leave. undecided

Lastpage!

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
ALISMILE:
Nice write up! But unfortunately, a lot of us in d ND know d Ibos! And we knoww were their interest lies! And that is in d ND oil! They can foool many but they can't fool me or evybdy! We re silently watching dem!

'We Ss'
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
The government of Buhari is really a bad one. In d last election campaigns, GEJ spoke in Lagos about three things this last presidential election was about. One of them was a choice between going back to d old sorry days of military autocracy and a future filled with great possibilities. For just hating GEJ from a minority, the Yorubas joined Hausa Fulani people to enthrone a bigot like Buhari in power. What u are seeing today is just part of the result of having such a man there.... From Biafra things to all these agitation here and there. Tribunal upturn elections to favour Buhari and all worth not. But a day of reckoning must certainly come. Buhari keep implanting ur Muslim and Northern brothers in power as it was d case during d military. The southeast must remain ur conquered people... South South ur downtrodden but be sure it won't last forever.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
vanbonattel:

Don't waste yoir time educating the useless idiott who thinks using multi coloured posts will elevate his thinking from that of a kindergarten class where multi colour is the norm grin

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Idrismusty97(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Am glad they are attacking the UK, This is good news. Give Britain and the west more reasons to support a united Nigeria smiley.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Phame: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
somez:
Voice of a mentally immature man
I want you people out of Nigeria.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Shymm3x: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
lastpage:

Oga Shymex, Please read my post again!

I never said "it cant" function properly!
I said "It is not" functioning properly as it should
Both dont connote the same thing, l am sure you are aware because l know you are a very brilliant person.

...and again, l gave a "broad and general definition" of a country because l took your question at "face value".
It has nothing to do with Awolowo (his words l think were "geographical expression".... that is not what l said.

Perhaps, I got lost in semantics - so I take that back. However, if you believe "it's not functioning properly as it should" cos of corruption, malpractices, divergent interests (I added this from what you posited in this rebuttal about Yorubas being "to develop at our own pace.....without being bogged down by those who don't want to "develop" or had other things on their mind or as their priority"wink etc...why do you think these problems exist? Take for example, the case of divergent interests, which is the primary reason why Nigeria isn't functioning. Is it ever going to be possible to align these interests due to how different the people are culturally, traditionally, and sociologically?

Once you examine this critically, you'd see that, saying ""it's not functioning properly as it should" while giving excuses, without examining the primary reason why it isn't - is more of a message of hope than a pragmatic approach. The reality is that the country will never be able to function properly cos when interests don't align, it's always impossible to get things done. That's the story of Nigeria.

Now, to the main substance of your post:

Again, l answer your questions directly:
*Yorubas attained their greatest during the ear of "Regional Govt" when Awolowo as Premier of the Western region, developed the West and we were the envy of other regions because we excelled over and above others in all areas (my Ibo brothers will tell you that we excelled in material resources because we stole their money they left behind when they try to secede or that we excelled academically because we stopped them from getting good education or we got our resources because they developed Lagos due to its being a Federal capital! grin grin ).

The second part of your question: Yorubas were able to achieve this feat because we were able to develop at our own pace.....without being bogged down by those who dont want to "develop" or had other things on their mind or as their priority.

Now, take note: We did all these even as a part of the nation Nigeria... not because we secede or revolted against the Federal govt!

I will agree this much, "True Fiscal federalism" is the solution to Nigeria's problem .... not breaking into parts through secession, as the Ibos would want it.

Let me draw your attention to the fact that as it is today, it will be "an act of excessive greed" for the Ibos to chose to secede..... taking the South-South with them.
They could ask for "Regionalism" where like in the early 60's, each region will develop at its own pace.

If crude Oil is not the main-stay of Nigeria's economy, with Nigeria investing a lot of resources to get it to the point it is TODAY, then maybe this agitation for secession would be worth considering.

If the Ibos are not greedy and truly feel secession is what they want, ask them if they are ready to do it with their "five core Ibo states" ...without drawing the South_South Minorities into it.
In that way, Nigeria's "dependent resources" wont be affected ... and the South -South people wont be dragged into a Biafra most of them dont want to be a part of. This is REALITY!

But l tell you, if you remove those "oil rich' states from their agitation, you will find out that their agitation will simply die "a natural death"!
grin
How on earth can five states say they want to take what belongs to the whole country and arrogate it to themselves.... all in the name of self determination?
I dont even want to go into the merits and demerits of this secession.

Lastpage!

Yes, the Yorubas were able to progress/develop exceedingly in the first republic and were on their way to destroying the stigma about black Africa and governance - before the progress was truncated by the coup and everything that happened subsequently. You'd agree with me (like you alluded to in ya post) that the only reason why this happened is cos they were able to pursue their own interests and execute effectively, within a structure that allowed that - without much interference from the rest. I'd even say the first republic was more of a pseudo-confederation (less autonomy) than regional government, based on the structure the UK left behind cos the regions did have some form of autonomy and were able to do a lot of things - without the centre.

However, is such an arrangement feasible in today's Nigeria, where so much powers have been arrogated to a section of the country, without clamouring for secession? Do you think those who enjoy undue advantage over the rest of the country would give it up on a platter, without a fight?

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Phinagold(f): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
adanny01:

One reason i really want Biafra is the fact that it may be worst than South Sudan. I supported south Sudan for their independance but got the shocker when they turned on themselves.

With Igbo the majority in Biafra, it spells doom which the average Niger Delta isnt aware due to hate of the Hausa. I think an Igbo man is more of a threat to a Niger Deltan than a Hausa man. The Niger Deltan will most likely see more of "his resource" in the hands of Igbo and will likely kick against it once again and the whole circle repeats but this time there is no going back for the Niger Deltan. Hausa man is the majority in Nigeria and Igbo is majority in Biafra. One way or the other the Niger Deltan will not be satisfied and its the same problem in Nigeria or Biafra.

It is always true that you dont know what you have until you lose it. The Niger Deltan who thinks he lost in Nigeria will certainly lose more in Biafra and the war continues.Biafra isnt about the South South but the South East. Those South South who have decide to join the South East are taking their region for a big ride that will spell doom.

Thats a big lie.... if so why did the igbos supported and voted massively for GEJ even more than the South South Is he an igbo? because he is simply from a Biafran state. What impression does that alone gave you

Stop vomitting trash.....u dont know anything about Biafra
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by uanda(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
NotNairalandi:
I'm not for or against anything biafra but the simple truth reamains; Igbo,Hausa and Yoruba are three Nigeria!

Whoever said we are One Nigeria is not saying the truth!

Your a blessed for saying the truth. Who and who is one in one Nigeria?
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Dozzysamuel(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
PUSH1:
Biafra is a dream. It's in the past. Wish those wasting their would know this.
...you have "pushed" off all your brain and no atom of it remains,that's why you are sounding like this.Brainless maggot.
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by rman: 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
I wrote on this thread that our emotional intelligence is very low and we cant reason logically. Unfortunately, people like you are in the minority and the low IQ majority are about to get their wish. It is a big shame I swear.

Their is no logic in their thought process.

Setaje:

We have igbo senators. Igbo local government chairman, igbo governors, like wise yorubas , we have proffesionals working in this same government from every region. We've had hausas for many years in the government, we had a yoruba man, the Niger delta had jonathan and the igbos were greatly involved in that government. They give us our allocation every month, yet nothing changed. This is not a matter of biafra. This is a black man's problem. What u cannot get in Nigeria, u cannot get it in Biafra. Igbo leaders should have fought for massive development during jonathans time. They could not even fight for the Niger bridge. Who do u blame for that? Leaders emerge out of followers. What our leaders are doing to us is as a result of who we are. Africans should learn to fight the right battle. If not we would continue to be impoverished. Nothing will change. No african country is doing well except south Africa because the whites are firmly in control of their economy. We cannot continue to blame the white man for our woes. They saw that we were not developed hence they were able to partition us like animals. There is something inherently wrong wiv the black mind. Till we wake up. Till God illuminates our understanding. Nothing will change.

And I am hundred percent certain biafra will never be different from the rest of Africa. Likewise oduduwa republic or the north. if this igbos could come out like this for Nnamdi Kanu, defying rain and police brutality, why couldn't they do the same for their governor? Why couldn't they do the same for their senators, why couldn't they do the same for their local government chairman? Those are the people representing them. Those are their voices, those are the people who could have made life better for them, this same youths would see their governor tomorrow and hail them. Would go and beg for common borehole from their local government chairman and councillors. How do u rationalise this?

Isn't something wrong wiv the black mind
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Dozzysamuel(m): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
RichieF27:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/britain-toys-with-woes-of-another-biafra/
...We(Biafrans)must be freed from this zoo called Nigeria. If you support this let me see your Like.

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by EternalTruths: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
juicee1:
The writer painted nnamdi kanu as a saint when he said the british government didn't arrest scotland's leader for calling for secession.

Did the scotish leader call britain a zoo? Did he insult other tribes/nationalities in it? Did he call for arms to be picked up? Did he promise to fall th zoo? Did he referred to britains as baboons and monkeys? Did he tell his boys to blow up britain?

Nnamdi kanu committed treasonable offences and should be dealt with.

As for the politicians sponsoring biafra, DSS is listening.

Nigeria is a zoo because they murdered peaceful MASSOBIANS

Did the Brits murder Scots

Olodo go back to school

Hypocrite angry
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
You blame UK, you blame US , you even twist history just to jerk off and feel satisfied

Guess what , UK does not give a flying Furck about Biafra or you , Neither does any part of the world

You know why ??

You thrive on lies and propaganda , if not for that, UK just gave freedom to a nation

Spain just did , they followed protocol, did not use propaganda

Kalu is in prison, what has your protest done ?

Better go back to sit down and reorganize

Biafra has no geographical area or border with everyone saying they are not part of Biafra

There's no source of Income, i assure you Nigeria won't just open her seas and borders to you

All stll on still, na God Win

A nation without oil has no source of income? You are the bigger fool

Which two countries did Britain grant FULL independence or are you daft you couldn't comprehend simple sentences

What is the due process?! Did agitation for biafra start yesterday or last year?! Due process in Nigeria never works in Nigeria, even though, Biafra activists have been doing just that for years now. Spain respects due process, but were still reluctant to grant independence.

Ask yourself what is worth upholding or fighting for in a one Nigeria. Electricity? Shelter? Food? Sewage systems? Roads? Water? Education? Government? Natural resources?! We don't need the stupid oil! It's been in Nigeria for over 40yrs! What is it?! You try to sound like an intellectual, but all you pointed are emotional, and subjective nonsense. What is your problem with a nation that has no source of income.

Awon ode, agatu.

The future lies in Tech, tech will replace water when you have the brains.

Even though Awolowo tried to make us perpetual slaves, we rose against all odds and built IGBO to a name one can be proud of. Why are you all so naive and scared. 'It's the useless igbos, right?' how many Igbos do you see begging like deranged bastards on the road? Ehn.

Anuofia. Ewure Ghana.

3And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

4But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.

5And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by MrGerald(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
iambabaG:
What is wrong with all dis "Biafra aggitators".. What do dey know about running a country because 2 d best of my knowledge dey r yet 2 produce any leader of note. Wen dey eventually get wot dey ask which I am in support because dey av little effect in d country; how long will dey stay as one since they r insincere nd jealous of themselves.
Dey shuld call a round table discussion nd thrash some internal issues out before all dis display of stupidity!!
Bdw.. Dis article is very lengthy nd pointless!!
Seems you're just born? people that brought you the modest government you're enjoying today that you said they've not produced any leader of note? where were your fathers when zik was going around negotiating your independence from your slave masters? the region that produced first both civilian president and military head of state? one thing is certain, Igbos are too republic to be in this uncivilized entity called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by shamecurls(m): 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
[̶̷̲̅ǫ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅=̶̷̲̅O̶̷̲̅ᴘ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴘ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅=̶̷̲̅3̶̷̲̅9̶̷̲̅7̶̷̲̅9̶̷̲̅2̶̷̲̅5̶̷̲̅7̶̷̲̅5̶̷̲̅]̶̷̲̅O̶̷̲̅ᴋ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅,̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴠ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅

I̶̷̲̅'̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅
I̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅'̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅
B̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅I̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴋ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅B̶̷̲̅I̶̷̲̅A̶̷̲̅F̶̷̲̅R̶̷̲̅A̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅T̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅B̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ᴘ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅
A̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅,̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴠ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅N̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴠ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅:̶̷̲̅
T̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅F̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅;̶̷̲̅
R̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅;̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅
C̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅
T̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴋ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴋ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ǫ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅
T̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴠ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴘ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅:̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅,̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ʏ̶̷̲̅,̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴘ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅,̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅

T̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴍ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴠ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴄ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅,̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ɢ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅-̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅-̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴡ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴘ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴠ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅-̶̷̲̅ʟ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴀ̶̷̲̅s̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ʜ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʙ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ ̶̷̲̅ʀ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ғ̶̷̲̅ɪ̶̷̲̅ɴ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅ᴅ̶̷̲̅.̶̷̲̅[̶̷̲̅/̶̷̲̅ǫ̶̷̲̅ᴜ̶̷̲̅ᴏ̶̷̲̅ᴛ̶̷̲̅ᴇ̶̷̲̅]̶̷̲̅
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by IYANGBALI: 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
I never read my book finish,na dis epistle you expect me to read,I dey craze?
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
Shymm3x:

Perhaps, I got lost in semantics - so I take that back. However, if you believe "it's not functioning properly as it should" cos of corruption, malpractices, divergent interests (I added this from what you posited in this rebuttal about Yorubas being "to develop at our own pace.....without being bogged down by those who don't want to "develop" or had other things on their mind or as their priority"wink etc...why do you think these problems exist? Take for example, the case of divergent interests, which is the primary reason why Nigeria isn't functioning. Is it ever going to be possible to align these interests due to how different the people are culturally, traditionally, and sociologically?

Once you examine this critically, you'd see that, saying ""it's not functioning properly as it should" while giving excuses, without examining the primary reason why it isn't - is more of a message of hope than a pragmatic approach. The reality is that the country will never be able to function properly cos when interests don't align, it's always impossible to get things done. That's the story of Nigeria.

Yes, the Yorubas were able to progress/develop exceedingly in the first republic and were on their way to destroying the stigma about black Africa and governance - before the progress was truncated by the coup and everything that happened subsequently. You'd agree with me (like you alluded to in ya post) that the only reason why this happened is cos they were able to pursue their own interests and execute effectively, within a structure that allowed that - without much interference from the rest. I'd even say the first republic was more of a pseudo-confederation (less autonomy) than regional government, based on the structure the UK left behind cos the regions did have some form of autonomy and were able to do a lot of things - without the centre.

However, is such an arrangement feasible in today's Nigeria, where so much powers have been arrogated to a section of the country, without clamouring for secession? Do you think those who enjoy undue advantage over the rest of the country would give it up on a platter, without a fight?

I mentioned some of the reasons it is "not functioning properly" as it should ....but it will take a whole page to do justice to the reasons, one after another. We both know such reasons and we both have mentioned some of them - Corruption, Nepotism, bad leadership, e.t.c

Is such arraingement feasible?
It is feasible...very feasible, if we all approach issues with 'Honesty of purpose'!
if some people ar eno more interested in their own selfish interest at the detriment of the whole country
if some are still not too embittered and lurking in the shadows, for their "pound of flesh"! grin
If some are not so consumed with "hatred" for their fellow Nigerians, that whatever we say, is not even examined but condemned from the onset
It is possible, if we all approach issues with the mindset of "making it better".... than destroying it !
It is possible if GREED is not the primary motivating factor of some.

I asked a Question which l want you to respond to:

Will the Ibos agree to secede with just their five "core Ibo states" and leave the Oil-rich South-South out of the equation?

This question is at the core of everyonenot taking them seriously! Even a country like Britain is laughing at their effrontery... in 2015!

You know, when Scotland wanted to do a "peaceful secession", Britain made it very clear to them "what and what" they can not go along with, including membership of the E.U and desisting from using the British Pounds! grin
When they saw the "real picture", l guess no one needed to persuade them to stay!
undecided undecided

But if the Scots were ibos, they would insist on eating their cake....and having it. Such is their nature.

BTW: You did not get lost in semantics, I know you are not just well educated, you are highly intelligent so l am not fooled by that! grin grin
You know we were saying two different things! grin

In summary, l think these Ibos, if they are honest, peaceful, purged of their arrogance, bitterness, hatred, tribalism and other vices, can be accommodated in a "more encouraging manner" which addresses their grievances, most of which by the way, are self-inflicted, such that they get a fairer share of the polity without a "greed-induced" break-up of the nation.
The alternative is for them to agree to form their "Bafraud" based on their "five Ibo states" ONLY.

Thanks for your response.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 1:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
MrGerald:
Seems you're just born? people that brought you the modest government you're enjoying today that you said they've not produced any leader of note? where were your fathers when zik was going around negotiating your independence from your slave masters? the region that produced first both civilian president and military head of state? one thing is certain, Igbos are too republic to be in this uncivilized entity called Nigeria.

So it was ONLY ZIK that negotiated Nigeria's Independence?

Awo was not part of it? The Sarduanna of Sokoto was not part of it, right?

Revisionist and their mental fatigue sha! (shakes head in disbelief!)

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by pazienza(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kestolovee95:

Oga paz, me too oo. Everyday i find myself debunking the same anti-Biafran crap over and over again. Can't this naysayers learn? They can smell Biafra but they just decide to close their nostrils to the Biafran fragrance of freedom. grin

It's really like waste of time.

On another news, Enugu is on lock down, the zoological Army are scared to their pants!

4 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by locdog(m): 1:35pm On Nov 08, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by Kestolovee95(f): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2015
dinggle:
Buhari pls let this Igbos go....their noise is a headache.....
Provided:
1. There is a vote allowing every citizen in the states of Biafra to vote, Yes or No.
2. Should they vote to go, they can never return irrespective of their success or failure.
3. Leaders must sign agreement if the citizens vote not to go, any further agitation will be punishable by life in imprisonment or death.

Common sense! if the present and past government of states in the Biafra region have not changed the lives of their ppl, then Biafra is a one chance agenda and Igbo ppl should be concerned about the propaganda.
If the reason for agitation is the presidency....sorry!...they will never get it under Nigeria, because we just can't trust them.
Presidency to the Igbo man could mean giving them access to milk Nigeria for "Project Biafra".

May thunder fire you and your presidency. Your zoo is fccked beyond redemption and you are talking about 'Igbo presidency'. You don't know what's about to hit the zoo.

We've always told you the awusa, foolanis and yorubas destroyed nigeria, they should fix their Oduarewastan. 21 biggest looters are all from these regions. Biafran is far bigger than what you think. There will be no nigerian elections anywhere in Biafraland in 2019. you've not seen anything yet.

1 Like

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by PHIPEX(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
You blame UK, you blame US , you even twist history just to jerk off and feel satisfied

Guess what , UK does not give a flying Furck about Biafra or you , Neither does any part of the world

You know why ??

You thrive on lies and propaganda , if not for that, UK just gave freedom to a nation

Spain just did , they followed protocol, did not use propaganda

Kalu is in prison, what has your protest done ?

Better go back to sit down and reorganize

Biafra has no geographical area or border with everyone saying they are not part of Biafra

There's no source of Income, i assure you Nigeria won't just open her seas and borders to you

All stll on still, na God Win
People like you are the reason why this agitation persist almost 50yrs after the war. Your complex you have right now is that Biafra will always be at the mercy of Nigeria but you forgot that there will be no Nigeria if Biafra succeeds. The unholy alliance of the West and North only survives when Biafra is held back. Biafra is the heart beat of Nigeria that's why Nigeria can not let her go. If I were you, I'll tone down your arrogant posture to solving this problem that threatens Nigeria's corporate existence.

Your post also shows your poor knowledge of Geography because no where in history is the presence of a sea a condition for nationhood otherrwise, Niger, Chad, Mali, Austria, Zambia, Zimbabwe etc that lack access to the sea will not exist. Mind you, one of the propelling force behind the success of Ethiopian airline is the limited access the country has to the sea.

4 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by dignity33: 1:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
Sometime it baffled me when some people wail about niger-delta and it oil as the cause for igbo's agitation for biafra, let me remind you something that you fail to comprehend the problem causing biafra before and today is marginalazation. yoruba and hausa are so tribalistic which igbos are not that is why igbo people take everywhere in Nigeria as their home for the sake of one Nigeria and this cause the death of many igbo in the north before and after the war do to hatred. So why not let the people you hate to be? Second with or without niger-delta igbo i know will stand but why leaving them to suffer in the hand of people who hate them just as igbos and beside the people you call niger -delta today are majority igbos the state was an attemt to break igbo away because of biafra war. .

2 Likes

Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kestolovee95:

May thunder fire you and your presidency. Your zoo is fccked beyond redemption and you are talking about 'Igbo presidency'. You don't know what's about to hit the zoo.

We've always told you the awusa, foolanis and yorubas destroyed nigeria, they should fix their Oduarewastan. 21 biggest looters are all from these regions. Biafran is far bigger than what you think. There will be no nigerian elections anywhere in Biafraland in 2019. you've not seen anything yet.

You have started again? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

We've heard such "boasting" before, so many times!grin grin grin
Chest-beating and mouthing-off!

Nor be today! undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by lastpage: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
dignity33:
Sometime it baffled me when some people wail about niger-delta and it oil as the cause for igbo's agitation for biafra, . .

Just agree that it will be those five Ibo states ...and you are free to go! grin grin

Stop lumping the South-South into your Biafra!

Lastpage!
Re: Britain Toys With Woes Of Another Biafra War - Sun Newspaper by shurlermoz(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Phinagold:

U are just a taut, Biafra do not need the opinion of a taut to survive.ur opinion do not matter even to those zoo politicians who give u arms to lift ballot boxes to win election. They dont even know u by ur name.

You didn't tackle any of the issues raised, you just attacked the person who raised the issues.

Again, is Nnamdi Kanu doing it the right way?

NB: don't waste your time attacking people, it's unnecessary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Army Repels Boko Haram Attack, Kills 45 Terrorists / Nnamdi Kanu Trends On Twitter As Atiku From Cameroon Story Gone Viral / Bandit, Yellow Baba Arusa Who Led Sunday’s Attack On Kaduna-Abuja Road shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.