Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87980 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Baatunde(m): 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2006
Beyonce 1: The one about the supposedly lost St Xtopher's Medallion is about Johnny Bianda, the guy who thought he could steal from the Mafia but was eventually found out, i think its "knock knock, who is there?"
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Swish(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2006
i never used to read novels but i came across an old book in my mothr's house one day. i picked it up and blew the dust away. I had no back or front cover. I read that book for 2 weeks without letting go of it. Cos any small time i had, i'd soccer punch a few pages.
And that book made me start reading choice novels, thrillers. That bppk happened to be a James Hardley Chase novel
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by beyonce1(f): 12:58am On Jun 26, 2006
Baatunde:

Beyonce 1: The one about the supposedly lost St Xtopher's Medallion is about Johnny Bianda,the guy who thought he could steal from the Mafia but was eventually found out, i think its [/b][b]KNOCK KNOCK WHOS THERE[/b

[b]@BABATUNDE
----- Thanx so much kiss , yeah it was knock knock who is there, what was your reaction when d medallion dropped from his shirt ? cos I screamed and dropped the novel ! cheesy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Shagari2(m): 10:58pm On Jun 27, 2006
Beautiful experiences! made my adolescent yrs bearable, as you escape into the story you seem to worry a little less about the pimples growing on your face! loved those books them and the pacesetters books!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nicetohave(m): 1:11am On Jul 04, 2006
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I am still waiting for my James Hadley chase, last batch pleeeeasse!!! i beg you in God's name.

To all the veterans in the house, bagoma, jalal,cushman et al, i throwey salute cheesy
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jalal(m): 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2006
@Nice2have a little bird told me that u wont hav to wait any longer for ur last batch, say amen to that!!!!
I dy reply ur salute!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2006
i de catch d salute o, my brother nice.
long time too, jalal.
what of cushman?
missing u all.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jalal(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2006
Hey Bagoma wats up?? Hope ur doin fine?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by bagoma(f): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2006
jalal, i am doing good. i believe the same for you.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by hotorokid(m): 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2006
Wow! james H Chase! that is certainly a blast from the past, I remember them as a teenager.
The ones i remember clearly are THIS WAY FOR A SHROUD,THE WAY THE COOKIE CRUMBLES,WANT TO STAY ALIVE,
THE VULTURE IS A PATIENT BIRD, WELL NOW MY PRETTY,

On the whole the were graet reads at the time but i think are out dated, not unless you're a teenager lookin for some action.
This way for a shroud was kinda my best one with a chap called Vittio Ferrari the syndicte executioner,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2006
Jalal, bagoma, good to see y'all online. It's really been a while. Where's the quiz master?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Jalal(m): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2006
Hello Cushman welcome bak grin grin
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by misright(f): 11:16am On Jul 20, 2006
smiley smiley smiley MY LAUGH COMES LAST, EVE, THE WORLD IN MY POCKET, I WOULD RATHER STAY POOR, WHY PICK ON ME, HAVE A NICE NIGHT.
amongst all, "MY LAUGH COMES LAST"
wink smiley
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pcsarkar(m): 10:48am On Jul 21, 2006
Hi buddies, My website on JAMES HADLEY CHASE is completely updated and available at:

www.angelfire.com/celeb2/hadleychase/index.htm

On going thru it, I admit that much of this discussion will fall flat, because a lot of information and story lines of all his books are already listed there. I am also starting an exclusive forum (discussion board) on JHC, which should be available to you folks by next week

ENJOY :-)

pcs
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by hughesd: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2006
Hi, I'm trying to find a copy of Miss Callaghan Comes to Grief - any ideas where I can find one?
Thanks,
Dave
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pcsarkar(m): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2006
Yeah, its very very rare, and u may find it on ebay sumtimes, if u are prepared to spend few thousand dollars

pcsarkar
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Memunah(f): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2006
i love hardely chase novels they are thrilling,capitavating and full of suspense i really love his novels especially novels like COFFIN FORM HONKONG,EVE,WE WILL SHARE A DOUBLE FUNERAL,IF YOU BELIEVE DIS YOU BELIEVE ANYTHING,AN HIPPIE ON THE HIGH WAY and a lot of others from him they are just novels you can read 100 times over and over and i think am am addicted to his books
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by adetunrayo(f): 1:28pm On Sep 26, 2006
i love chase books so much that i taught he was the best b4.i still love his novels though i will always remember his books.if u havent read any of chase try:hit and run,well now my pretty,sunker punch etc
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by DevDel(m): 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2006
I have read over 30 James Hadley Chase Novels, but i stopped long ago. I actually stopped in 1990. I had a wider range of reading material, and I was so young then so i decided to drop off Hadley chase because of two reasons: (1) I was always trying to practice all I read in it, and I was becoming a menace to my peers then. (2) I needed to cut of one things I read as per priority to give room to more profitable ones.

Chase was a good writer, and had influenced my writing style positively.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by egoli(f): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2006
i quite agree with u dt he is d bestttttttttttttttttttttttttt.can anyone kindly remind of d name of 1 of his books where a man kind of like set up his wife and chauffeur 2 either kill him,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pymexys(f): 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2006
chase novels r d bomb,he's unargurably one of the best.me and my friends used to spend the whole day jisting about his novels.here's a list of some,probably all,of his novels.

1939 - No Orchids For Miss Blandish
1939 - The Dead Stay Dumb
1939 - He Won't Need It Now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1940 - Twelve Chinks And A Woman
1940 - Lady, Here's Your Wreath
1941 - Get A Load Of This
1941 - Miss Callaghan Comes To Grief
1944 - Miss Shumway Waves a Wand
1944 - Just The Way It Is
1945 - Eve
1946 - More Deadly Than The Male
1946 - I'll Get You For This
1946 - Make The Corpse Walk
1946 - Blonde's Requiem
1946 - Last Page
1947 - No Business Of Mine
1948 - The Flesh Of The Orchid
1948 - Trusted Like The Fox
1949 - You're Lonely When You're Dead
1949 - The Paw In The Bottle
1949 - You Never Know With Women

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1950 - Figure It Out for Yourself
1950 - Lay Her Among The Lilies
1950 - Mallory
1951 - Why Pick On Me
1951 - Strictly For Cash
1951 - But A Short Time To Live
1951 - In A Vain Shadow
1952 - The Double Shuffle
1952 - The Wary Transgressor
1952 - The Fast Buck
1953 - This Way for a Shroud
1953 - I'll Bury My Dead
1953 - The Things Men Do
1953 - This Way For A Shroud
1954 - Mission To Venice
1954 - Safer Dead
1954 - The Sucker Punch
1954 - Tiger By The Tail
1955 - You've Got It Coming
1955 - Mission To Siena
1955 - The Pickup
1955 - Ruthless
1956 - There's Always A Price Tag
1956 - You Find Him, I'll Fix Him
1957 - The Guilty Are Afraid
1957 - Never Trust A Woman
1958 - Not Safe To Be Free
1958 - Hit And Run
1959 - Shock Treatment
1959 - The World In My Pocket

1960 - Come Easy, Go Easy
1960 - What's Better Than Money
1961 - A Lotus For Miss Quon
1961 - Just Another Sucker
1962 - I Would Rather Stay Poor
1962 - A Coffin From Hong Kong
1963 - Tell It To The Birds
1963 - One Bright Summer Morning
1964 - The Soft Centre
1965 - The Way the Cookie Crumbles
1965 - This Is For Real
1966 - You Have Yourself A Deal
1966 - Cade
1967 - Well Now, My Pretty
1967 - Have This One On Me
1968 - An Ear To The Ground
1968 - Believed Violent
1969 - The Whiff Of Money
1969 - The Vulture Is A Patient Bird

1970 - There's A Hippie On The Highway
1970 - Like A Hole In The Head
1971 - An Ace Up My Sleeve
1971 - Want To Stay Alive
1972 - Just A Matter Of Time
1972 - You're Dead Without Money
1973 - Have A Change Of Scene
1973 - Knock, Knock! Who's There
1974 - So What Happens To Me
1974 - Goldfish Have No Hiding Place
1974 - Three Of Spades
1975 - The Joker In The Pack
1975 - Believe This, You'll Believe Anything
1976 - Do Me A Favour, Drop Dead
1977 - I Hold The Four Aces
1977 - Meet Mark Girland
1977 - My Laugh Comes Last
1978 - Consider Yourself Dead
1979 - You Must Be Kidding
1979 - A Can Of Worms

1980 - You Can Say That Again
1980 - Try This One For Size
1981 - Hand Me A Fig Leaf
1982 - Have A Nice Night
1982 - We'll Share A Double Funeral
1983 - Not My Thing
1984 - Meet Helga Rolfe
1984 - Hit Them Where It Hurts
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pymexys(f): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2006
@egoli,i think that should be,-there's always a price tag-,the main guy there is glyn nash(?), been long.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:24am On Oct 18, 2006
Hello
I have read uptill now 66 JHC Novels. In some sites, various fans of different authors create ebooks of their favourite author. What I'm suggesting is that we unite and create PDF books for JHC. I am now on the project.
What do u say?
www.jameshadleychase..com

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:40am On Oct 18, 2006
Who uttered these words and to whom?
"She walks in her beauty like the night of cloudless stars and starry skies and all thats left in her meet in her aspect and her eyes."

The first James Hadley chase novel i wanted to read and uptill now (5years) i have never even set my eyes on it. If somebody have it and is able to make a PDF format of it, i'll be greatfull.

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:49am On Oct 18, 2006
The Guilty are Afraid

BRANDON HAD ARRIVED IN ST RAPHAEL CITY TO MEET HIS BUSINESS PARTNER, JACK SHEEPEY. NO SOONER HAD HE CHECKED INTO HIS HOTEL THEN THERE WAS A KNOCK ON THE DOOR. SERGEANT CANDY FROM HOMICIDE INTRODUCED HIMSELF AND TOLD HIM LIEUTENANT RANKIN WANTED TO SEE HIM IMMEDIATELY. BRANDON WAS TAKEN TO A BEACH CABIN, WHERE RANKIN SAID " DO YOU KNOW THIS GUY ? YOU'D BETTER TAKE A LOOK AT HIM AND THEN WE'LL TALK " THE GUY LYING ON THE FLOOR WAS JACK SHEPPEY, AND HE WAS VERY DEAD !
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Radnitz: 7:19am On Oct 26, 2006
This is a great forum! wonderful.  I have been a Chase fan for a long time and have thoroughly enjoyed all his books.  I had most of them stored in the attic - unfortunately, lost all of them in a fire! But I do remember some of them as if I read them only yesterday. 
My favorites are:
The vulture is a patient bird
Come easy, go easy
There is always a price tag
All Mark Girland series
All Vic Malloy series
Tiger by the tail
Strictly for cash
The way the cookie crumbles
Whats better than money
There is a hippy on the highway
In a vain shadow
You find him I fix him,  and many more.  Come to think of it, which one is not favorite!!! they all are simply sensational novels.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2006
james hadley kini

God forbid me to read am.
the first day i tried reading one when i was in junior sec school. my mom saw the naked picture front cover and gave me a dirty slap i would never forget.

why cant he make his cover as clean as john grisham? well if u argue the cover is not the content i would agree with u but the cover shows the state of mind of the writer

if u see me near james chase God forbid
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2006
Those cover pics don't count at all! I don't see anything wrong with them. What matters most is the story. Abi?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Memunah(f): 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2006
Yes oh!!! The contents matters and not the Book cover
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2006
well thats is for u
i can still remenber the slap tell him to change his cover

the container has to look as good as the content. u wont buy a car it it has all interiors and the exterior looks like a trailer.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Radnitz: 2:36am On Oct 29, 2006
The cover was a cause for concern to me too! Thats why, I always used to look for 'Panther Publications' instead of 'Corgi'. Anyway, what JHC has to do with the cover? Isnt the cover decided by the publisher?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by dominobaby(f): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2006
Lol. About this cover issue, i remember those days, i always had to wrap them up with some newspaper or calendar so as to hide them from ma parents!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Three Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.