Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87981 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 04, 2006
i thot it was only me that experienced it. the writer has a right to decide wats on the cover it is not a publisher decision only
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2006
Damn right
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by manya(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2006
please can any one of my guys there help me with a soft copy of some of Chase novels?
Thanx in advance.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by mgboloyd(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2006
James,its cool cos i red dem as a teen.dey ar interestin but i tink its meant 4 children
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 12:47am On Dec 03, 2006
Click on the link below to download a portion of Figure it out for Yourself e-book.
http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/3e6b96cf-9c89-4a1e-8c32-6be12a520eac

If you’re interested in the full version, mail me at: vic_malloy111@yahoo.com
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2006
@vic_malloy, welcom to the house and thanx for that info
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:18am On Dec 07, 2006
Here is a 40 page copy of Figure it out for Yourself with a picture of fictional Orchid City created by JHC. I will post the full e-book of Figure it out for Yourself maybe by next week. What I’m trying to do is to create JHC e-books from my personal collection which I provide to JHC fans.
Unfortunately, I don’t have all the novels. So, if people can help me create some or if they can scan the entire novel and send me the scans so that I will create the e-book.
Some of the novels that I don’t have are:
-Lay Her Among The Lilies
-This Way For A Shroud
-I’ll Get You For This
-I’ll Bury My Dead
                                     etc
Please mail me at:
medwatt@hotmail.com
vic_malloy111@yahoo.com

Click Here to download the e-book:  shocked
http://www.esnips.com/doc/5497b05d-8261-487d-8bb4-4078a6f58282/Figure-it-out-for-Yourself
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by vicmalloy1: 2:05am On Dec 10, 2006
Click here to download the first chapter of Make the Corpse Walk: shocked
http://www.esnips.com/doc/964ba4be-ac49-41e2-a0b9-6351b39869c6/Make-The-Corpse-Walk
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by cushman(m): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2006
Thanks vic
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Abdblues(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2006
I read JHC novels as a secondary school boy then, after which i moved on to some other writers (Forseyth(?), Ludlom, sidney Shedon e.t.c) but i still have very fond memories of JHC and will relish any oppurtunity to download and read any of them now!!i think for people in Nigeria, you canget them in Surulere Lagos, Under the bridge on your way to Yaba, there are dozens there for sale!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by shinystar(m): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2006
Abledules,

Are you sure the copies there are original and nor pirated? I saw some the other days but couldn't buy because they were pirated.

I really need to know where to buy original copies. As a teenager, I read an handful of them but lost many of the titles. Will like to keep them for my offsprings. Somebody pls help out.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2006
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kellorah: 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2007
i miss reading those books, shame i can't remember what ONE was all about! undecided
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by pcsarkar(m): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2007
Hi folks, My supersite on Chase is available at: www.angelfire.com/celeb2/hadleychase/index.htm. In my site, I have given a link to this forum. I have also created a CHASELOVERS' FORUM at: http://www.freepowerboards.com/chaselovers/

Do browse / join, Cheers!! smiley

pcs
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by OCEAN2000(m): 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2007
smiley smiley smiley
HI GUY,
              IT WILL INTEREST U DAT  I LOVE JAMES HADLEY CHASE NOVEL, OF ALL HIS NOVELS I HAVE READ 36 OF HIS NOVEL WITH " YOU ARE DEAD WITHOUT MONEY" AS THE MOST INTERESTING NOVEL I HAVE EVER READ. BUT DO ME A FAVOUR BY SENDING ME D TITTLE OF D 70 SOMETHING OF HIS NOVEL DAT U HAVE READ.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by chiogo(f): 1:12am On Mar 09, 2007
Things men do
Double shuffle
A lotus for miss quon
Hit and run
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by CaptainIG(m): 10:33am On Apr 15, 2007
Just thought I should point out to Balogun that, reading is not something of trend but interest; and an interest that transcends trend! Got it bro?

So guys, u all read what stimulates ur mind positively, very good ideas hardly age; James Hardley Chase's work remains a master piece! It's just captivating, shows a lot of adroitness in keeping his readers, Got it? lol

1 Like

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by osegwu(m): 11:17am On Apr 15, 2007
Find him and I will fix him

Beleive this you beleive anything

Eve

An Ace up my slieve

Double shuffle

A can of worms

I hold the four Aces

Lay her among the lilies

No orchild for miss Blanchild

You are dead without money

A lotus for miss qoun

I will rather stay Poor

Make the corpse walk

Figure it out youself

And a lot more
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by iniowei: 1:25pm On May 07, 2007
His books are very interesting, the book in which a banker tries to rob the bank is titled: I WOULD RATHER STAY POOR. It is an interesting one like everyother, my favourite though remains; WHY PICK ON ME.Whether or not the one's I have are pirated, I do not know.
shinystar:

Abledules,

Are you sure the copies there are original and nor pirated? I saw some the other days but couldn't buy because they were pirated.

I really need to know where to buy original copies. As a teenager, I read an handful of them but lost many of the titles. Will like to keep them for my offsprings. Somebody please help out.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by magic345(m): 3:15pm On May 11, 2007
Hardley Chase was the best agreed.Hav u read Again the Ringer by Edgar Wallace.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by doyin13(m): 11:55pm On May 11, 2007
I can only comprehensively remember an ace up my sleeve. One of his novels was dramatized. It was 'Palmetto' starring Woody Harrelson and Liz Shue. Steamy sex scene included.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Kwairanga(m): 6:55pm On May 16, 2007
I like this forum. it brought 2 mind sweet old memories. I recalled d time when I used to carry Chase wherever I was going to. i have read a lot oh his novels but my all time best remains 'Vulture is a patient bird'.

Vic Malloy, i am sending you a mail. kindly forward the full novel 'Figure it out for yourself' so that I can figure it out!

Any web site where I can get access to other Chase Novels?

Thanks.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by 8oracle(m): 10:29pm On May 16, 2007
I Am Now In My Late Thirties, But Cant forget James Hardley Chase, Any Youngster In The Late Seventies And Eighties, Who Did Not Read Hardley Or Nick Carter Need Have He's brain examined, Just Take A Clue from this titles, "There Is A Hippy On The Highway", Knock Knock Who Is There", An Orchid For Miss Brandish"," The Flesh Of The Orchid" "Come Easy Go Easy" "An Ear To The Ground" The Way The Cookies Crumbles" Well Now My Pretty" Belived Violent,Do Me a favor drop dead etc, i read over 95copies
The true line in all hardley's novel showed that hardly do crime pay, every crime leaves a tale sign that will always implicate the criminals, If I do happen to be the Inspector General Of Nigeri Police, I will recommend all chase novels as bible to the police.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by uyai(f): 4:31am On May 21, 2007
I was in primary 4/5 not quite sure. i remember dad telling me not touch any of those books that i do understand anything in it. Mom and i were playing srabble when i started telling her about " the way the cookies crumble" my mom called my dad to hear what i was saying. From then on i was given the green light to read. i became the " avid reader" of the family
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by ashala(m): 5:50pm On May 25, 2007
Plz can any one in the house give me a full detail of the writer(James Hardley Chase) .Is he still alive ,what is his real name,where he comes from etc,etc, infact the whole work on him.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by soulpatrol(f): 6:02pm On May 25, 2007
isn't the guy like dead?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by moondust(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2007
doesnt stop him from remaining the best of them all
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by moondust(m): 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2007
If he could do the things he did in the 70s u'd all agree with me that he's the King
I'm yet to see a better storyteller, honestly.
His 1st book I read was THIS WAY FOR A SHROUD and I've been hooked ever since.
I've read like 56 titles , here's some

Have this one on me
the vulture is a patient bird
coffin from hongkong
mallory
double shuffle
an ace up my sleeve
you find him, i'll fix him
the wary transgressor
so what happens to me
no orchids for miss blandish
shock treatment
goldfish have no hiding place
a whiff of money
you're better off dead
I hold the four aces
the way the cookie crumbles
and lots more!!!!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Banderas(m): 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2007
Hey. I used to like chase, until I read four books within 3 days. After this I found them quite monotonous - they all have the same theme - some guy commits a crime and "almost" gets away. They were okay when I was in secondary school, barely tolerable in uni, and totally unbearable afterwards.

Naah mate, there is a great deal of stuff out there that make JHC seem quite mediocre, he is in no way a great writer.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by viee(f): 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2007
i cant remember the name of this Chase novel but this line made me laugh
stuck n my memeory ever since

police man:  if you are my daughter, iwould have spanked you

the girl looked at him carefully and replied

girl:   if you are my father, i will have my mothers head examined

grin grin
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by iniowei: 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2007
Hi guys, just wanted to know the record time you read a James Hadley novel. I read Hit and Run in 12 hours, that's my best so far, that novel contained over 200 pages and was/is very interesting as all Jmes novels are.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Akin007(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2007
so much noise about chase!
i read a few myself
tiger by the tail( my 1st)
av dis 1 on me
sucker punch
mallory
just anoda sucker
hit n run
u find him; i wil fix him
i hold d 4 aces
an ear 2 d ground
knock, knock who is there?
coffin 4rm hong kong
safer dead
eve
n many more,
i actually started @age of 9 and stopped @ 14.
never compare chase wit Luldlum lipsrsealed angry embarassed shocked sad cry
he tried during his time but chase is basically for STARTERS cool
Luldlum is lovely but d best of them all is JEFFEREY ARCHER smiley wink cheesy grin cool tongue kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

On The Run (A Blockbuster Series) / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Three Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.