Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Best Way to Punish Kids? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Way to Punish Kids? (31632 Views)

Wife Hangs Herself And Two Children To Punish Cheating Husband (photo) / How Do You Punish Your Teenage Girls When They Misbehave? / How Do You Punish Your Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2006
now that is good parenting skills mamaput. and yes it work.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by mamaput(f): 8:02pm On Jul 10, 2006
But my little one 10 she is the one i fear.
With 7 the teacher complained , when ever she adressed the class , "Class do this or that" my daughter will not do as she was told till the teacher said Mel you too.On asking her she said her name was not class but Mel .Till today she will only Write a good result depending on her mood. If i tell her to stay at home she will go out and tell me i did not say sa from when.
If i ask her ,"Give me a date when you are going to do what ever" she says may 18(eg) but when the time comes job not done she will say , she did not say what year.
Sometimes i make her put what ever down in writing and we sign . so she cannot twist the story later.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2006
she sound like my 8 yr old stubborn little %*@# that boy makes my blood pressure go up.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by mamaput(f): 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
Well they will grow . They may win the battle but we will win the war.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by hola2ng(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2006
mamaput:

Well they will grow . They may win the battle but we will win the war.

Same thing our parents might have said lipsrsealed
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by TIFETOS(f): 2:00am On Aug 07, 2006
I LOCK THEM UP IN THE STOREROOM FOR 5MINUTES WHERE THEY'LL IMAGINE SEEING SCARY MONSTERS N BEASTS grin COS MY CHILDREN PREFERS 2 B SMACKED OR YELLED AT THAN BEEN LOCKED UP,BUT I KNOW THEY'LL DEFINITELY OUTGROW THAT FEAR AS THEY GROW , UNTIL THEN, I'M COOL,BUT MY HUSBAND IS REALLY SPOILING OUR DAUGHTER WHILE HE'S QUITE TOUGH ON OUR BOY,HE BELIEVES GIRLS R MEANT 2 BE PAMPERED WHILE BOYS SHOULD BE MADE OF STEEL .NOW THAT THEY R GROWING OLDER,WE WOULD ALSO LIKE 2 BRING THEM UP IN THE WAY OF THE LORD COS GOD-FEARING CHILDREN WOULD ALWAYS BRING PEACE.GOOD N PEACEFUL CHILDREN NEED NO PUNISHMENT.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2006
TIFETOS:

I LOCK THEM UP IN THE STOREROOM FOR 5MINUTES WHERE THEY'LL IMAGINE SEEING SCARY MONSTERS N BEASTS grin COS MY CHILDREN PREFERS 2 B SMACKED OR YELLED AT THAN BEEN LOCKED UP,BUT I KNOW THEY'LL DEFINITELY OUTGROW THAT FEAR AS THEY GROW , UNTIL THEN, I'M COOL,BUT MY HUSBAND IS REALLY SPOILING OUR DAUGHTER WHILE HE'S QUITE TOUGH ON OUR BOY,HE BELIEVES GIRLS R MEANT 2 BE PAMPERED WHILE BOYS SHOULD BE MADE OF STEEL .NOW THAT THEY R GROWING OLDER,WE WOULD ALSO LIKE 2 BRING THEM UP IN THE WAY OF THE LORD COS GOD-FEARING CHILDREN WOULD ALWAYS BRING PEACE.GOOD N PEACEFUL CHILDREN NEED NO PUNISHMENT.

roflmao you are one wicked mommy cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Softee(f): 11:19am On Aug 07, 2006
TIFETOS:

That is not nice. Lol. What if that leaves them with emotional scars?

Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Softee(f): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2006
TIFETOS:

That is not nice. Lol. What if that leaves them with emotional scars?
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 11:24am On Aug 07, 2006
softee just go back delete what you wrote find the word quote and type ya mes next or below it the suga replace ya last reply with a smile. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by eikonworld(m): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2006
My older kid is 3 plus and well, he is quite an active fellow, (just like his mom), most time i tell him to face the wall for a while, (works on me growing up but i do take out time to talk to him,

raising kids could be tasking sometimes,
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by debqueen(f): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2006
Most parents av discoverd d errors dey made nd are simply tryin 2 live dier lives thru d kids. I think d best 2 train children is 2 let dem dat dey ar luvd n apreciated. If ds notion is adequately communicated 2 dem,punishment wil b undastood n not r despised. Howeva,corection shuld b done in luv n only afta d ofenda has been made 2 digest d enormity n side effect of his/her offence.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2006
u do not have kids do you??
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by debqueen(f): 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2006
I surely dont av kids yet but av watched my aunts raise kids up to teen age n outta high skul. A lot of us were not raised wit d belief dat we culd av a change of heart but ratha like condemned criminals.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2006
debqueen:

I surely don't av kids yet but av watched my aunts raise kids up to teen age n out of high skul. A lot of us were not raised wit d belief that we culd av a change of heart but ratha like condemned criminals.

well wait till you have them cheesy cheesy

kids are empty they need to be filled with what is right, some kids can not be spoken to, the same way some do not respond to punishment but they all respond to some thing and believe me when you do have them you would pray for some thing to work. i do not have a store cupboard, but if they fight i put them out side the front door because family should not fight, being out side means they are not part of the family and it works like hell. cheesy cheesy
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by TIFETOS(f): 6:59pm On Aug 07, 2006
Coco29:

well wait till you have them cheesy cheesy

kids are empty they need to be filled with what is right, some kids can not be spoken to, the same way some do not respond to punishment but they all respond to some thing and believe me when you do have them you would pray for some thing to work. i do not have a store cupboard, but if they fight i put them out side the front door because family should not fight, being out side means they are not part of the family and it works like hell. cheesy cheesy

PLS HELP ME TELL THEM OO MA SISTA,JUST because I CHOSE 2 LOCK MY KIDS UP FOR 5MINS INSTEAD OF SMACKING THEM DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T MAKE THEM FEEL LOVED,THEY CAN NEVER SUFFER EMOTIONALLY  COS I'M ALSO D BEST MUM IN THE WORLD N  I DON'T LOCK THEM UP IN D SHOWKEY WHERE MALTIDA WAS LOCKED UP,BESIDES IF U'VE NEVER BEEN A PARENT,U CAN NEVER KNOW HOW IT'S LIKE WITH KIDS,IT'S BETTER 2 JUST SHUT UP INSTEAD OF JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS angry wink@SOFTEE
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2006
little bratz will drive any one insane cheesy but my 4 or like soldiers when i say sit they better and the girl are right little #%##% oh lawd they are the worst. have you ever seen this sticker move back (i have and STI kids) lmao cheesy
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by TIFETOS(f): 7:35pm On Aug 07, 2006
@COCO29
STI KIDS LOL cheesy,IT'S COOL U'VE GOT 4 OF 'EM,COS I'VE GOT JUST 2KIDS FOR NOW[A BOY N A GIRL]N I'M PLANNING TO HAVE 4KIDS.I WOULD ALSO LIKE THE OTHER KIDS TO B BOYZ ONLY JUST LIKE URS COS I'M BETTER OFF HANDLING BOYS THAN GIRLS ANYWAY CONSIDERING D FACT THAT I GREW AS A PROPER TOMBOY grin
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Coco29(f): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2006
i have 3 boy 1 madam the queen of the house every thing revolves around her. cheesy

hey seun will ban u for use cap hon switch it is some thing in his rules. cheesy
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by TIFETOS(f): 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2006
I USUALLY END THINGS D WAY I STARTED IT,IF HE FEELS THAT BAD ABOUT IT THEN HE SHOULDN'T HAVE ACCEPTED MY REGISTRATION N WELCOME ME IN COS MY NAME'S IN CAPS N BESIDES THERE R LOADS OF PPLE WHO WRITES IN CAPS TOO ANYWAY.BANNED COS OF WRITING IN CAPS[THAT'S GOING 2 D EXTREME] undecided
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by anabell(f): 8:33pm On Jan 24, 2007
i tink i will go 4 spankin if its a serious offence,am glad my parents spanked me cos i love d way i turndout
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by diyobdw(f): 9:50am On Jan 25, 2007
Though i dont have my own kid though but i have babysitted kids before smiley

spanking should be in rare case because they get used to it the it becomes useless.

Depriving them from what they love or
isolating them while the program they love to watch is on TV but you still leave the TV on so they can hear it! cheesy

Most of all talk to them Kids these days have to be communicated "with" and not "TO".
Do what they don't expect when they are wrong.Like let them ask are you no going to beat me undecided ?
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by ikamefa(f): 1:59am On Apr 03, 2008
@ topic beating the shyte out of 'em work err time tongue tongue " grin "
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by bollingjoe(m): 11:36am On Apr 03, 2008
whenever u punish ur child make sure he/she knows the reason why.don't make ur child get scared of u.but make sure each punishment matches the offense committed and also suitable 2 the child's temperament i hope u got one or two things 4rm this
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by bollingjoe(m): 11:38am On Apr 03, 2008
whenever u punish ur child make sure he/she knows the reason why.don't make ur child get scared of u.but make sure each punishment matches the offense committed and also suitable 2 the child's temperament i hope u got one or two things 4rm this
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by ifyalways(f): 11:43am On Apr 03, 2008
Quite an informative thread.
* * *reading and taking note* * * cool
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by gilgee(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2008
ikamefa:

@ topic beating the shyte out of 'em work err time    tongue tongue " grin "

Not always. I nearly hated my mum because of that.
  Hypothetically it works, but factually it distances the kid from the parent because the sore never lasts more than a day or two but the kid's sense of pride and ego remains tarnished. I personally agree that you have to do the needful in order to get your child to behave. But there is a point. If you are causing any phsyical harm to a child in any way it could result losing the children's love, reference and regard. The bible says "save the rod and spoil the child", but when you can visibly see handmarks or bruises on a child then you have gone too far and is otherwise termed CHILD ABUSE
   Consequently, the child becomes afraid of you beating him always  that  he longer enjoys life around you  or lives in constant fear of you punishing him.

Back to topic. I don't have kid a yet, but I think some useful info can be found here:

http://health.howstuffworks.com/how-to-discipline-a-child1.htm
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by nuella2(f): 10:31am On Jan 27, 2010
The essence of punishment is correction, parents need to understand thier kids for them to purnish them. Use the medium that will make a child feel sorry about what he did. Is not every child that should be flogged, it could just make them violent if such a child is already stubborn. Talk sense to him make him know he is important and correct on the fact that you want him to be a better person and not hate. And pray and teach them the word of God.
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by toygod2: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
canning
Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Leoibra: 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hello a in red on it.

Warm rega

Re: Best Way to Punish Kids? by Yinkyyinkie: 10:43pm On Dec 29, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does A Packet Of Disposable Diaper Cost In Nigeria ? / Meet The Alleged Oldest Man In Anambra State - 122 Years Old / Help! My Wife Easily Quarrels And Keeps Malice With Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.