Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School (32908 Views)

First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / How To Attain Good Grades In Your First Year At The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by halix239(f): 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
I'm also new into the uni, I ll ve to try my very best to get a good grade in my first yr so it won't affect my future grades. there might be distractions but insha allah, I shall scale through by God's grace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Sheeniprimus01: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
You don't need a first class to succeed in life.
Just work extra hard at your studies and make good grades. Either first or second class. You get to decide your future yourself.

Overweight has been attributed to be one of the major causes of
sexual dissatisfaction in both male and female.Don't wait until you're
replaced by your spouse" Get rid of the excess fats with a natural programme....
follow this trend below for more details www.nairaland.com/2720593/get-rid-toxics-fats-body
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
Stare hard at the mirror and say "i must bounce back". Repeat thrice and the last with a deep long sigh. Come back and testify cool

3 Likes

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
A 3.39 after first year is not so bad. People have graduated with a strong 2 1 after having started with a 2.2cgpa. I know a couple of people.

Set goals, be focused & work hard. That's all. Resolve to finish with a 1st class GPA after every semester. No one can do it for you. It is only you. You can still graduate with a 1st class and the power is in your hands. Not in anyone else's.

Like Henry Ford said 'whether you think you can, or you can't, either way, you are right'.

Good luck!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by olafum1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 10, 2015
Cut down on activities undermining your study capabilities

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:
yes

nice 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by marwanafrica: 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
Oga u never chi chumtin, u tink say e easy to ger 1st class, na only God ooh
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by 69MissedCalls(m): 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
drizslim:
nigga na me get this space ur occupying undecided

oya take it back na undecided
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by amitrana100: 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
You can visit this site
www.earneasynet..in
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Damfostopper(m): 9:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
and this poo made fp...do u expect us to steal grades for u or wat...mmwen u knw dat reading n hardwork brings good result....recieve ako anu uche
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Ugomba(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:
hello, I'm a faculty of law student and I just finished my first year in school with with 3.39 cgpa and I'm getting the feeling that this year would be worse off, pls I really need your advice on how I can bounce back and make a first class before it is too late . your advice would not help only me but also others who are in my kind of predicament. Thank you

how many carryovers did you accumulate?
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Bigdreams(m): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
You need to first deal with the 'mindset of failure.'

No matter the advice given here, if you still have the mindset of failure which has set in because of this initial temporary setback, you will still fail.

I'll advice you google histories of great/successful men and women coupled with the positive advice you are receiving here.

You might have not started well but you can finish very strongly.

I wish you ALL the BEST.

God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by hollandis(f): 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:
ok, but how do I know what the lecturer wants..
You are daft! Someone just hit the nail on the head you are still asking irrelevant questions. No wonder you are a second class lowest student
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
damton:
is it a government owned school or private university? .

Anyway, don't ever give up on your aim. Just take each course, each semester, each session one at a time. And don't allow the bigger goal of first class grades affect your psyche too much to the extent you become disinterested in your course should you fall short.

Don't mean to discourage you but, getting first class is a very tall order in a course like law in Nigeria.

Besides, it's not about first class grade but about first class abilities.

my opinion though,
it's state owned, UST, thank you so very much
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
hollandis:

You are daft! Someone just hit the nail on the head you are still asking irrelevant questions. No wonder you are a second class lowest student
yes that is why I really want your advice on how you think I can improve, hollandis

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by klassd(m): 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:
pls help me what should I do to recover
I understand your position perfectly, all you need to do is focus and study more, put away anything that will cause you distraction, look for previous past questions study them and above all always commit your studies and exams in the hands of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Emilord(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Well,as a law student that GPA is not too good after first year in school. You need to buckle up because your next level comes with more difficult task. You will now be answering problem questions during exams which require indepth analysis before tackling the questions. Again you should try to study on how to identify the proper issues in any given legal question. Identifying the proper issues is infact the bedrock of all successes in any law exam,this is because once you identify the wrong issues even though you might have answered it well the,marks alloted to such question won't be given you irrespective of the fact that you answered the wrong issues you identified very well.

I think you should try to attend all classes . By doing this you most time know what a particular lecturer wants in exam. Some will be so careless to even give you hints on answering the questions. Attend all classes.

Use your time wisely.* My 2cents* goodluck

3 Likes

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
well first of all you may need to stop spending your entire time trolling on nairaland. things will get better from there.
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by DTOBS(m): 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:
hello, I'm a faculty of law student and I just finished my first year in school with with 3.39 cgpa and I'm getting the feeling that this year would be worse off, pls I really need your advice on how I can bounce back and make a first class before it is too late . your advice would not help only me but also others who are in my kind of predicament. Thank you

With my relationship so far with law students/graduates, coming out with first class is not really a yardstick for a successful completion of law skul! even with a 2.1 or a strong 2.2 you can still beat others that has first class at the law skul if you re serious with it.
Don't give yourself unnessary headache, keep your head high, pray,read and leave the rest to God and believe me,God will surely surprise you!

3 Likes

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
Damfostopper:
and this poo made fp...do u expect us to steal grades for u or wat...mmwen u knw dat reading n hardwork brings good result....recieve ako anu uche
yes but doesn't it take more than that
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
holamiday:
A 3.39 after first year is not so bad. People have graduated with a strong 2 1 after having started with a 2.2cgpa. I know a couple of people.

Set goals, be focused & work hard. That's all. Resolve to finish with a 1st class GPA after every semester. No one can do it for you. It is only you. You can still graduate with a 1st class and the power is in your hands. Not in anyone else's.

Like Henry Ford said 'whether you think you can, or you can't, either way, you are right'.

Good luck!
thank you so very much
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by gabicon: 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
you might need to spend extra time studying.

Talk to those students ahead of you especially those with the grades you want on the different lecturers and their styles.

get past test and exam questions review them over and over again till you get used to them.

talk to your lecturer about what they expects of you.

pray and ask ask the holy spirit to show you things to come.

do not let anyone dissuade you your dream of a first class is still achievable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by safarigirl(f): 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
3.39 CGPA bad for first year? shey GP no dey increase for your school?

Most people in my school finished first year with 3.06-3.30....and most people I know on 4.00 and above GPA finished between those numbers.

I know all about jitters though, I get them whenever I'm about to see results
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nnky25(f): 9:40pm On Nov 10, 2015
Be focused and tell it 2 GoD in prayers

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Mznaett: 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2015
hollandis:

C'mon,those words hurt

Take it easy plsssundecided

Lets assume those that had a better score than him sorted each course..Will you still call him names since he did'nt join them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
Flashh:
Keep reading, and ask God to give you the ability to understand what you're reading.

Seems you are willing to get "first class" in law, I would advise you to focus more on your education and give girls less attention.

I wish you the best!
yes, thanks flashh
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:

forget it the best you can have is second class upper
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by MedicalSamwise(m): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Japhet04:

i have 2 charms for you....
(1)Tutorials
2)group reading: believe me ...group reading works lyk magic....dah moment wen ur friend says somtin during group reading nd u meet 80% of wat he said in exam!!!
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by gcof(m): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Forget about your grades now and move on...read hard ,try to make As and Bs you will surely make a 2.1. I had a similar first year but made a 2.1

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Check ma signature for magic pen, quote me,yhu wl pass like never before
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by francizy(m): 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
you'll need a 5.00 GPA this semexter and/or next. Since I'm not conversant with the faculty I'll give you a general advise. Nigerian lecturers all have different but consisting patterns in teaching and grading. do an extensive investigation on what your subsequent lecturers want in your assignment, tests and exams. Some like verbosity, in that case be prepared to cram; some repeat Past questions consecutively, be prepared to get loads and loads of past questions. This should work.

Beautiful advice!!! cool

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
Speechless3:
Stare hard at the mirror and say "i must bounce back". Repeat thrice and the last with a deep long sigh. Come back and testify cool
thank you so much smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delsu Admission List Is Out / 18 Photos Graduates And Undergraduates Can Relate To / Final Year LASU Student Killed In An Accident Caused By Stray Cow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.