Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School (32909 Views)

First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / How To Attain Good Grades In Your First Year At The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by obiak4(m): 6:49am On Nov 11, 2015
Speechless3:
Stare hard at the mirror and say "i must bounce back". Repeat thrice and the last with a deep long sigh. Come back and testify cool
why not enrol in the mytsical school for the seerer if you are interested pm me you gat what it takes mirror woman
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by francizy(m): 6:55am On Nov 11, 2015
timilehing:
I had 2.01 in my year one 1st semester with 4 carry-overs out of 9 courses. To go school don tire me when I got that admission but thanks to God I still graduated with a better grade. Those 4 were my last carry-overs though

Thank God for your 3.39

In my school and faculty back then, 4 COs was a honourable result bro! You tried I tell you. Some people in my faculty, you can form a rope from Zuma rock to the ground with their chain COs.. The best thing for one is to know where and when s/he erred and make amends. Anything is possible, nonetheless, I'd advise OP to aim for 4.something GPs but he shouldn't be disappointed if he finally makes a 2.1 at the end. The most important thing is for him not to fall but keeps rising, no matter how difficult a semester is.

Also, OP, start studying with the semester, don't wait till when a test or exam is around the corner. This is because, the more you pile work, the more you put yourself in difficult conditions. I never studied during semester breaks (except in 100L) but i can assure you that most first class graduates did study ahead. So if you really wanna graduate with a first class, ensure you go the extra mile.

Know your lecturers in and out and ensure you know everything in your handout/note book and everything in a course's past questions (that's if the lecturer repeats questions). This is because there was this particular course I had in my 500L, it was supposed to be a sure A course but unlike me, I studied mainly the past questions but the lecturer set questions from his note book. This is a course I summerized and solved all the past questions and all my classmates used my summery and my solutions. Some of them had As tho.

Also, since you're studying law (gush I hated that course "Law for Engineers"wink endeavor to practice with all the laws you have crammed on daily basis. Practice makes one perfect. Act as if you're a lawyer defending a client. Also, watch loads of law movies during breaks..

In all these, don't loose sight of the fact that Nigeria as a country is messed up so try learn from other lawyers making millions out there. Know how they are surviving and how they key into opportunities.

Cc Japhet04

2 Likes

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by obiak4(m): 6:59am On Nov 11, 2015
DTOBS:

With my relationship so far with law students/graduates, coming out with first class is not really a yardstick for a successful completion of law skul! even with a 2.1 or a strong 2.2 you can still beat others that has first class at the law skul if you re serious with it.
Don't give yourself unnessary headache, keep your head high, pray,read and leave the rest to God and believe me,God will surely surprise you!
law and God are at different opposie of the divide, people should pls stop advising the op to pray or call God or jesus that will put him into even much more problem
ask peeps who graduate from law school if jesus or God has anything to do with it
FYI 80% of chief judges NJIC are member of ROF,LODGE,ECK,MIST, only ~3% are real christians
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by STENON(f): 7:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Try to deactivate from all social networks ,Target the best studnt in your department, get a separate notebook to write down what you have read.

Read, Read and Read.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by emenik08: 7:01am On Nov 11, 2015
Japhet04:
hello, I'm a faculty of law student and I just finished my first year in school with with 3.39 cgpa and I'm getting the feeling that this year would be worse off, pls I really need your advice on how I can bounce back and make a first class before it is too late . your advice would not help only me but also others who are in my kind of predicament. Thank you

I had a hard time too in my first year while in school. Naturally I lost my drive for reading and academics. I started finding fault in everything I do. But first thing you should know is there is still hope. My first year was poor and I still came with four point CGPA.

1: Just study the pattern of your lecturers and give them what they want first before adding your own sugar. Remember this is Nigeria and "I too know" doesn't always work.
2: Study past questions. They are their to give you clue to future questions.
3: Don't be too hard on yourself. Remember this is first year and you still have four other years to make up
4: Discover your study pattern. There are times and places where you read and understand better. It may be in the morning, or at night.
5: Remember that cramming doesn't work. Read to understand and write in your own words.
6: Shun all negative thoughts especially during exams and please please please for no reason, don't hate any lecturer or course. You can't enjoy what you don't like.
7: find ways to impress your lecturers and please help your classmates when they need it. Avoid this idea of competition in class. you are not competing with anybody but your GPA. Remember when you help others, you gain more.
8: Know the kind of friends you keep. While in school I keep different kinds of friends:
the informants: They always get first hand information so I am always informed on latest happenings
the energizer: They disturb me with their questions, assignments and request and so helps me to keep my game up.
The stress relievers: they are clowns and as such helps me to relieve school stress
The reading colleagues: This group are people I read with. They know why they are in school and as such helps me when I am not performing. Most times I am the person doing the motivating work.
9:Meditate. Find some quiet time and think through how far you have come. You will know you have gone far from where you started.
10: Pray when you feel all is not well. It works

Remember your talent may start showcasing when you start taking departmental courses. Please don't worry but believe you can and May God give you the grace. Amen.
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by francizy(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2015
Ezechinwa:

Mehn we share a lot in common.. Is like your narrating my story!!!! Op... Trust me all you need to do is to make the Library your best friend and believe in yourself!!! Wen I saw my Cgpa heading to a 2.2 (3.17 from 3.62) i, I said to myself "I have had enough of this nonsense, I can do better than this", so I made a personal decision to make nothing less than a 4.0/5 every semester!!! Fast-forward... I ended up making a Second Class Upper!!!! So cheer up mate!!!

Lol, truly, if someone had told me in my 100L first semester that I'd graduate with a strong 2.1 degree, I'd not have believed. In short, even if an angel told me then, I might have doubted.. From the beginning, I worked for a 2.2 CGPA and worked to ensure I had no CO. But all that changed after I went thru the most difficult semester in my faculty without a CO and with a 3.59. That was when I believed I could make a 2.1.
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by obiak4(m): 7:03am On Nov 11, 2015
Op if you really want to graduate with first class you have to ''belong'' but not neccesary because even if without belonging you are able to get it after getting it you will still ''belong''
like in imo state all chief judges are members don't ask me where
blessed be
#nakedtruth
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 7:03am On Nov 11, 2015
hollandis:
Did you read what EZEIGBO1OFIMO said ?
thank you for flooding my mentions sad

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Japhet04:
hello, I'm a faculty of law student and I just finished my first year in school with with 3.39 cgpa and I'm getting the feeling that this year would be worse off, pls I really need your advice on how I can bounce back and make a first class before it is too late . your advice would not help only me but also others who are in my kind of predicament. Thank you

@Op, this is probably the best advice you will get. One, dpn't ever begonto doubt your ability. 2. Get understanding. Understand d subject matter. Understabd the total concepts, theories, practice, each course. If you can answer relevant past questions comfortavly, then you're good to go. 3. Understand yourself, are you better learning alone or studying with others through discussion group and tutorial or combination of both. U need to do what energises you and what naximizes ur time. 4. Find equally ambitious frends who wants a first clas. Surroubd urselfs with them not only from ur faculty. Study their habits, may be u can improve urs. Finally, be prayerful and always remember, it is not over until it is over. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by shogat(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2015
Speechless3:
Stare hard at the mirror and say "i must bounce back". Repeat thrice and the last with a deep long sigh. Come back and testify cool
if he likes let him enter the mirror and scream, he will still fail woefully if he doesn't study hard o
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by 12month: 7:36am On Nov 11, 2015
Lol not too sure that gp can see d light of first class undecided
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by 12month: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2015
obiak4:
Op if you really want to graduate with first class you have to ''belong'' but not neccesary because even if without belonging you are able to get it after getting it you will still ''belong''
like in imo state all chief judges are members don't ask me where
blessed be
#nakedtruth

What u are saying is hogwash!
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by level10: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2015
From the way you are going ,you are going no where...jst keep playing away your time ehn..4years from now you will be in the labour market with your 3rd class..Welcome in Advance
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by DTOBS(m): 7:42am On Nov 11, 2015
obiak4:

law and God are at different opposie of the divide, people should pls stop advising the op to pray or call God or jesus that will put him into even much more problem
ask peeps who graduate from law school if jesus or God has anything to do with it
FYI 80% of chief judges NJIC are member of ROF,LODGE,ECK,MIST, only ~3% are real christians
My brother you are seriously missing something out here. We're not trying to put God and Law on the same weighing machine nor replace Law with God!All what we're saying is that for op to come out with a first class at the university depends on his closeness to God whether Christian or Muslim and as we as his closeness to his study!
FYI, nobody become somebody outside God. Whatever you become in this life is through God and by God (Individual may fail to a knowledge this fact).
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by youngice(m): 7:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Chrylich:
I can remember when I was in this kinda situation too. I didn't take my first semester, HND 1 seriously, I thought it was the usual "just get an idea of whatever the lecturer is teaching, flex around, refresh with <30 mins reading b4 the exam" style I used when I was in ND. I eventually had a bad result, the worst ever..

The break that followed that semester was the time I talked sense into my head, I made sure I changed that bad 'reading for a short time' habit, I did a lot of mathematics, and that charged my brain. I, in fact, broke up with my gfs and when I resumed second semester, I had become this strange guy to everyone, friends hated me.. But at long last, I achieved my aim.. I was able to reset my brain back to 'default' and I reconciled with everyone afterwards with my grades coming out the way that didn't make me hate myself.

I can also remember a whole lot of spirituality stuffs happening with me around that time too due to 'Ramadan' and really, it assisted me a lot.
The same thing I did in FUTO, everybody telling me I've changed, please why won't I change
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by youngice(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2015
Jarus:
Fiirst, there are very few cases of comebacks from a CGPA as low as 3.39 (and even an expectly worse second semester). Most first class grads have a track record from lower levels of education.

I'm aware of comebacks, but not as low as a 2.2 grade. For example, the best student in my class in the university started with a CGPA of 4.4 or so, and came back to overtake all of us early flyers and ended with a CGPA of 4.77 when we graduated.

That said, I don't think it's impossible. In fact, I have heard, but not sure how true, case of someone that was even in probation (less than 1.0) after first semester year 1, but still ended up with first class grade.

Mathematically, it is very possible, probably easy, given that you're doing a 5 year course.

Here is my practical advice: Get a list of all the courses you will do from year 1 to year 5. Punch them on excel or write them in a notebook, semester by semester, and put the corresponding units.

Put actuals for the first semester years that you already have.

Simulate what you need to score in each semester to rise to and stay above 4.50. Roughly, if you do eight 3-unit courses per semester, you will need not worse than A in 6 and B in 2, every semester to stand a chance. That's the minimum, by my roguh calculation, which appears to be a tough one.

Although I didn't start from a bad result, but I used this approach (writing down all courses from year 1 to 4 and setting target) and it was helpful. I actually wrote down all what I wanted to score from year 1 to year 4, after first semester year 1. I surpassed my target.

The articles here can also be helpful

http://www.jarushub.com/how-to-make-first-class-degree-in-the-university/
It is mathematically impossible to make a first class after a 1.0 cgpa in 100lvl
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by herald9: 8:03am On Nov 11, 2015
I've never been to the library, I've never done a night class... I tried once but slept through till 7am grin.

When I try to Jack and sleep comes calling, I simply doze off... I'll be like 'after all those that wrote this didn't have two heads'.

I try to flow with everybody in our department, you know, that guy you think is a dunce, might be good at something you're not and as a student, I'm ready to learn from even my enemy (Actually, I have two.... Two Oron girls grin)

I don't do oversabi, so that those that know won't be reluctant to teach... And at the end, I may get higher grades than them but I still remain humble.

Intelligent people intimidate and inspire... And I #longthroat to be like them.

What works for me might not work for you, discover your limits first.
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by MediaBlog(m): 8:38am On Nov 11, 2015
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Meek75(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2015
my dear you have made a good move...I can still recall when u was in d predicament... I had 2.9 in my year due never failed any course with d perception that Carry over is a disease ...but after which I set a standard for my self that I must go with second class upper if not first class.... den I drafted Cgps to me made in each semester and session for me to achieve my dream grade....and each semester I ask my senior colleague what d lecture always want in his quiz and exams...I den worked hard and pray to God ...2nd I made 3.45...I added more effort and ask a lot of questions for clarification to gurus around me...3rd yr 4.33...4.222..4.22..finally I got my dream achieved... when you read forget your home...babe problems n above all switch off your cell phone....read everyday from d inception of d semester n probably even before lecture commences
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by gal10(f): 9:14am On Nov 11, 2015
Op learn your yourself. ..yes understand your rythm, your pattern, how best you assimilate. .this is the first and most crucial step in succeeding in uni.. do you assimilate better in a library, @home, in a group chat, with music ?? You need to find out for yourself. . My best friend used to read on her bed in the hostel while I am a library person, the day I tried to be like her, i just kept eating and sleeping. ..
2ndly you should write out your courses and desired grades..yes write it all out in a prominent place/diary..tweak it knowing their peculiarities.
3rdly surround yourself with those stronger than you..never be the leader of a weak group..submit yourself to learn from the best then you can share to others who come to you..there is danger in being the leader of others you are 'ahead' of.
4thly gather information. .the temperament of the lecturers, their likes and dislikes, their known patterns, past questions, etc. It helps you know how to divide your energy..a lecturer who is known for 'buy my handout, practice my past questions and you get an A' even if the course is voluminous will need less energy compared to Prof B who is known to be 'mystery man_ surprise tests, assignments, practical, buy my handout, read the whole past questions and set questions from the moon'
And yes pray like never before..God can direct your reading to precision. ..He did it many times for me in uni and my reading partners thought I was a witch..
Go conquer bro..in conquering though, enjoy the whole ride...
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Meklex(m): 9:26am On Nov 11, 2015
My GPA for my four years in school is as follows: 3.33, 3.69, 3.98, 3.77..... It's never too late.
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by kenny000(f): 9:29am On Nov 11, 2015
Wrk hard nd have faith in God/allah
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Donreiy: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2015
My name is Fred (not real name) and I graduated from the university of Benin. I studied an Engineering course. Let me start by saying I was never a dull student. I started my tertiary education by attending one of the best polytechnics in the southwest where I graduated as one of the best students with little or no effort. I remember vividly how I once started reading for an exam I had by 9 a.m on that same day. I still had a very good grade. Fast forward two years, I finished my OND and gained admission that same year to further my course at the University of Benin. While several polytechnic students claim their experience at the polytechnic helped them succeed when they got to the university, in my own case, the reverse was the case. My experience and life style in the polytechnic turned out to be my achilles heel at the university. By the time I got to the university, all I had in my head was, well, if I can make such a good result in the polytechnic with so little effort, why stress myself in uni? I smiled when I saw people take books to night class to read. I slept on my bed when most of my room mates were in class reading. Whenever I'm not sleeping on my bed, I'm making night calls- ooh, I didn't remember to tell you I had a girlfriend then . It got to a point, I stopped going to class altogether to the extent that my room mates were beginning to doubt if I was even a student. When I'm not in the common room watching African Magic, I'm in my room arguing or gisting. Luckily for me, tests are hardly done in the faculty of engineering, Uniben. The exam of 100 marks is all there is for most courses. Few weeks to exam, like I always did while at the polytechnic, I started running helter skelter gathering class notes, photocopying them and buying some textbooks. I wrote the exams and though they weren't so good, I was still hoping I'll have a good GPA. The result was released and I was handed my first shock . I had a GPA of 3.48 which of course was a 2.2. I can vividly remember what my lecturer/HOD told us in class when we got to 500L What actually happened was that, our 500L first semester result had just been released and the over all performance was quite poor. The man came to class and started giving us some sort of fatherly advice. He reminded us what awaits us in the labour market and why we need to strive to graduate with a 2.1 at the least. He said and I quote " My only problem with you people is, that moment when you're being advised, you all look very serious and remorseful. The moment I leave this class, you've forgotten everything I told you. It's the same with pastors who preach, that moment while they preach, the whole congregation listens with rapt attention whilst feeling remorseful. Wait till the sermon finishes, everyone has forgotten all the pastor said and life goes on again" Those words of my HOD were exactly what happened to me when I got to 300L. Despite the dejection and disappointment I felt when my 200L result was released, the moment I got to 300L, I had forgotten about it. I never forgot to remind myself several others who read more than I did also failed. I conveniently ignored the many others who passed excellently. If you think I wasn't serious with my academics in 200L, just sit back and relax while I take you through my 300L. Let me start by telling you I started dating another girl, chioma(not real name). Chioma came from an above average family and she's the very emotional type. Anyone who has ever dated someone whose emotion runs high at the slightest opportunity will understand what I went through better. Well, anytime Chioma calls, the least amount of time she spends on the phone is between 6 and 10 minutes. This was when call rates were still on the high side. Being a "big boy" I wouldn't want to "fall my hand" when I return her calls. I also spent minutes on phone gisting and laughing when my mates are in class receiving lectures. My monthly allowance was between 6 and 7 thousand naira. I spend it all buying recharge cards within a week or two. Then I start borrowing money from friends. Atimes, Chioma was generous enough to send me airtime By the time I collect my allowance for the next month, I pay my debts and in a week, it's finished again. Unlike when in 200L, by the time exam approached, I had no money to photocopy materials or buy textbooks. To even get money to borrow became difficult as I had become a serial debtor. Before I bore you with details of how I managed to read for my exams. Let me tell you how I prepared for my thermodynamics exam. It perfectly encapsulates how I wrote most of my exams. A day to the exam, I had to plead with a friend who had finished reading the text book and was only revising to please let me use his text book. He agreed with the only condition that I'll return it at night as he'll have to use it over the night. Immediately he gave me, I headed straight to the reading room in the hostel to start my reading. That was around 11 a.m. I tried to read as fast as I could but of course, I was unable to finish it all. I had to follow him to night class so I'll still be able to use the book. The following day, like every other classmate, I sat for the exam amidst lots of carry over students. That was how I prepared for most of my exams. To cut the long story short, 300L result was released and I was handed my second shock. My GPA was 3.38 and I had two F's . Both were practicals. ELA 301, ELA 302. It was now very obvious to me I'm graduating with a 2.2 except I take urgent and drastic measures. As for my thermodynamics course, I'm sure you'll like to know what I eventually had. Well, lucky me, it was a B After the results were released,(I was in 400L) I met a friend, named Stephen (real name this time) who attended the same polytechnic I attended though he finished long before me. He was telling me about his lovely result. He didn't make a first class but he was close. We got talking about our polytechnic days only for me to discover the result with which I graduated in poly was far better than that of Stephen. I was worried. How could the same person whose result was no where compared to mine (in poly) be having a GPA of 4.3 and I'll be struggling to even make a 3.5 Coupled with the fear of graduating with a 2.2, I felt so bad and I vowed to take my academics serious. But then, I didn't find it easy. To start waking up every morning to go to class, lining up at the photocopying centre to get a material a lecturer just dropped appeared so strange to me. I did all assignments and read so hard for my exams, when the result was released, though it was better than my previous two sessions, I was devastated. My GPA was 3.76. What else do I have to do to have a good result in this school? How do these electrical engineering guys who blast first class results do it? I eventually met with one of them, Nonso (real name). That was how I discovered the secret that helped me in my final year. I'll be posting what transpired between me and Nonso I can never forget the first question I asked Nonso, "Guy, how una tey dey do am?" "Na the same thing we dey read na" Nonso replied, "Bros na God o". I wasn't satisfied with the response so I probed harder. Nonso told me about a particular course whereby he answered just four questions out of 5. He had an A. I answered all the five questions correctly and I had a B. That was my first lesson. It is not just enough to read, it's more important to read the right things and it's not just enough to answer all questions in the exam hall, it's more important to answer the ones you do perfectly well Secondly, I noticed Nonso had no girlfriend. That was my second lesson. Whether you'll like to hear this or not, to come out in flying colours in school, you need to forget about girls and vice-versa Thirdly, I discovered Nonso read a whole lot. I felt I read in my 400L only for Nonso to tell me how hard he read. That was my third lesson There's no short cut to success. That dude who always has the best result in class does no magic. He simply reads and spends lots of hours burning midnight candles [ Armed with those three lessons, I was on a mission to ensure I graduate with a 2.1 only for me to bump into a discussion where some guys were talking about scholarships for masters. According to them, It's much more easier getting those scholarship when one graduates with a CGPA of 4.0 and above. I went home and like fans of the super eagles, I started punching my calculator. I wanted to see if it was mathematically possible for me to still make a 4.0. After my calculations, I discovered I needed a 4.67 in my final year to make it. At first, it looked quite impossible. Afterall, I had only managed to make a 2.1 once which was even low. How on earth do I intend having a GPA of 4.67? I vowed to try everything within my might to make it against all odds. At the end of every lecture day, before I eat, I made sure I went through everything taught in class. Before going to class the following day, I made sure I went through everything taught in the previous class for all courses I had that day. During weekends, I ensured I read everything that was taught during the week. For every course I did, I downloaded extra materials through Google which I was able to read with the aid of my laptop. Anytime I have issues with some courses, I ran to Nonso for assistance. I continued like that till exams were about starting. I never knew how awesome and joyful it was to read long before exams. Days before my exam, I had finished all my courses and was just revising. On the day of my first paper (PRE571), Unlike previous levels whereby I always come late to exam halls because I hardly finish reading, I was among the first set of people to reach the hall this time beaming with confidence. Unfortunately, the exam didn't come without its own issues. The first question which was compulsory had to do with manufacturing account which I didn't read as the lecturer didn't teach it. It was 20 marks. That means, to have an A, I have to answer the remaining four questions very well. In other words, I have to score at least, 70/80. I remembered how Nonso answered just four questions and made an A and I smiled. I ensured I answered the four questions perfectly well. Well, to cut the long story short, first semester result was released, and I had 4A's(including PRE571 ) and 2 B's. I calculated my GPA and guess what, it was exactly 4.67 I now have to face second semester. I forgot to tell you the result was the best in my department. Three of us actually had the same result. I and two other ladies. All of a sudden, people started coming to me for assistance anytime they had issues in certain courses. Haha, me of all people. The joy cannot be expressed with words. That alone motivated me to read harder. Like a robot, I simply repeated the same things I did in first semester. Days to each of my exam, I never read as I always had someone who will come to me for group revision. Whilst revising with them, I used the opportunity to revise myself. Exams came and results were released. I had 5 A's and one C giving me a CGPA of 4.67 once more. As a matter of fact, I could easily have had all A's. Few days to writing the exam in which I had a C, my hostel in ekosodin was raided by armed robbers. I didn't get over the trauma on time and it affected my performance. That was how I achieved the seemingly impossible feat. The joy I felt in my heart knows no bounds the day I saw that result. I have then made this my watch word, wherever there's a will, there's always a way. My advice to students who are still in school is this, don't let anyone deceive you. No one is better than you are. Whoever does better than you in exams is simply doing something you're not doing. It's your duty to find out. Secondly, do not underestimate the importance of attending lectures. That was one of my greatest mistakes. Lectures, no matter how boring it may seem are always important. If not for any other thing, it guides you when reading. Thirdly, never ever give up. As long as it's still mathematically possible for you to make a particular grade, strive to attain it. I hope this will put an end to those threads whose tittle reads, 'I have a GPA of..., can I still make a 2.1/first class?" Yes, you can as long as it's mathematically possible.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by hollandis(f): 10:18am On Nov 11, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

thank you for flooding my mentions sad

Why the frown? You should change your name to Eze,It is stressful pronouncing or typing EZEIGBO1OFIMO
Cheiiii
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 10:22am On Nov 11, 2015
hollandis:

Why the frown? You should change your name to Eze,It is stressful pronouncing or typing EZEIGBO1OFIMO
Cheiiii
That is my futute cheiftancy title... infact I am planning on elongating it grin... your name sounds like those material village women struggle to buy grin
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Kirinwa: 11:03am On Nov 11, 2015
MedicalSamwise:

i have 2 charms for you....
(1)Tutorials
2)group reading: believe me ...group reading works lyk magic....dah moment wen ur friend says somtin during group reading nd u meet 80% of wat he said in exam!!!

Group reading doesn't work for everyone. I for one don't like it.

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by hollandis(f): 12:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

That is my futute cheiftancy title... infact I am planning on elongating it grin... your name sounds like those material village women struggle to buy grin

Elongate it like Ngiges cap of wisdom

My name was borrowed from Holland ,one of the best countries in the woeld
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
hollandis:

Elongate it like Ngiges cap of wisdom

My name was borrowed from Holland ,one of the best countries in the woeld
are you in school?.. if yes.. which one ?
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Bhenehdikt(m): 1:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
boboLIL:
Strt having the feeling that dis year will be the best...stop flexing and flirting
flex and flirt if possible.Its all part of the reason you are in school.
But then,moderate whatever you do,know your limit and stop.
Your examination starts when the semester starts and not when your time-table comes out.
Do your assignments,read,flex,take a stroll,watch film,sports,exercise and PRAY.
Re: How To Recover Or Bounce Back After A Bad First Year In School by Bhenehdikt(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
STENON:
Try to deactivate from all social networks ,Target the best studnt in your department, get a separate notebook to write down what you have read.

Read, Read and Read.
Na by Read,Read and Read.
calm down!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Delsu Admission List Is Out / 18 Photos Graduates And Undergraduates Can Relate To / Final Year LASU Student Killed In An Accident Caused By Stray Cow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.