Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,281 members, 7,849,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. (40563 Views)

Declare Osinbajo President Now – Nigerians Tell National Assembly / Probe Looters In APC, Nigerians Tell Buhari / DASUKI GATE: Speak Up, Nigerians Tell Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by bigass(f): 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
Marvinspeed:
@Op you're wrong on a fact here, check Nigeria's GDP. According to the world bank we are ranked no 22 economy in the world and 1st in Africa. Nigeria has had a growth rate between 5%-7% within the last 5years. Get your facts right.

There's difference btw GDP per capita and Total GDP
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
MrEverest:
10000000000000000000 likes for you and may God bless you!!! The highlighted is the reason why I support Biafra. I, as a person used to condemn the secessionist movement simply because our population will no longer be 170 million, our landmass will no longer be over 900,000 square kilometers and we will no longer be called the "giant of Africa" but after really studying this country since independence, I have come to understand that we will never be great based on the structure and foundation in place which is entirely rent seeking, celebration of mediocrity and subjugation of excellence because some constituent parts feels they can't cope in a free and competitive society. You start having state sponsored destruction of excellence called quota system, whereby someone will score 10, 5 or even 0 and yet will be giving admission while someone who scored 100 will be denied access to federal school!!! Ahmadu Bello today is celebrated in the country yet this man sowed the seed of discord when this country was at infancy, his hate filled statements against the south especially the Igbos is well documented. How can we develop when everybody is pulling in different directions?? Since 1960 we have been repairing Lagos-Ibadan exp way, Benin-Ore exp way, Enugu-Port Harcout exp way, Kano-Maiduguiri exp way yet they have never been motor-able and believe me we will remain in these state till 2100!!! The same with Energy supply, it keeps getting worse with each new government despite billions of naira that have been spent on it. When countries that used to be at par with us like South Korea, China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia are fast entering first world status, we are still scavenging as a poor third world country!!! We have two options left, it is either we become a truly federal state whereby every part controls its resources and determines its pace, destiny and development based on hard work or divide and go our separate ways. We have deceived ourselves enough already and anybody who still supports Nigeria's present state is wicked not only to himself but to humanity and generations yet unborn!!!
Dumbito...there were no expressways in Nigeria in 1960. India, Malaysia etc also have many bad roads etc.. so kindly shut it pls.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by MrEverest(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sweetguy25:
That Nigeria was once a great a country – It is common to hear Nigerian’s make statements like “our country will be great again”. This comment is quite delusional.
Nigeria, to the best of my knowledge has never been a great country. You may try to pass of some of our characteristics like population, ethnicity or the fact that we used to have groundnut pyramids in the past as greatness but reasonably, these things don’t make you great.
Examples of countries that were great are China and Argentina. They were both known to be highly prosperous countries in the past and unfortunately lost their prosperity as time went by.
Nigeria has never been known to be a prosperous country since its independence till date.

That Nigeria is a rich country: This is another unfounded untruth that is perpetuated by some ignorant Nigerians.
The “GDP per capita” is the standard used in measuring how rich a country is. Nigeria’s GDP per capita currently stands at 3000 dollars. This makes Nigeria a low income country and one of the poorest countries in the world.

That Nigeria is more developed than most countries in Africa: Some Nigerians who have never been beyond the boundaries of Lagos and Abuja would think there are fewer places in Africa that are better than these places (and Nigeria as a whole) in terms of infrastructure and economic development.
Recent ratings from the World Economic Forum’s global competitiveness report shows that even in West Africa, certain countries like Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Cape Verde and Senegal all have better infrastructure ratings than Nigeria.
Honestly speaking, Nigerians have a myopic view as to what true socio-economic growth and development entails. Seeing private jets and luxurious cars as development while majority of the populace cannot afford beyond the basic necessities of life isn’t development.

[b][b]That Nigeria would develop and be great:
Although we can’t predict the future, we can judge from history and the current state of affairs to project what the future would look like.
The possibility of Nigeria becoming great with its current structures, constitution and institutions is very slim.
The current socio-political and economic regime that perpetuates greed, rent-seeking, injustice and laziness will not get this country where is plans to be.
Until we begin to call for a structural and systemic change, Nigeria may not witness any progress in the long-run.

10000000000000000000 likes for you and may God bless you!!! The highlighted is the reason why I support Biafra. I, as a person used to condemn the secessionist movement simply because our population will no longer be 170 million, our landmass will no longer be over 900,000 square kilometers and we will no longer be called the "giant of Africa" but after really studying this country since independence, I have come to understand that we will never be great based on the structure and foundation in place which is entirely rent seeking, celebration of mediocrity and subjugation of excellence because some constituent parts feels they can't cope in a free and competitive society. You start having state sponsored destruction of excellence called quota system, whereby someone will score 10, 5 or even 0 and yet will be giving admission while someone who scored 100 will be denied access to federal school!!! Ahmadu Bello today is celebrated in the country yet this man sowed the seed of discord when this country was at infancy, his hate filled statements against the south especially the Igbos is well documented. How can we develop when everybody is pulling in different directions?? Since 1960 we have been repairing Lagos-Ibadan exp way, Benin-Ore exp way, Enugu-Port Harcout exp way, Kano-Maiduguiri exp way yet they have never been motor-able and believe me we will remain in these state till 2100!!! The same with Energy supply, it keeps getting worse with each new government despite billions of naira that have been spent on it. When countries that used to be at par with us like South Korea, China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia are fast entering first world status, we are still scavenging as a poor third world country!!! We have two options left, it is either we become a truly federal state whereby every part controls its resources and determines its pace, destiny and development based on hard work or divide and go our separate ways. We have deceived ourselves enough already and anybody who still supports Nigeria's present state is wicked not only to himself but to humanity and generations yet unborn!!!
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by JiggamanGh: 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rossikk:
Dude, Ghana is the population of one state in Nigeria out of 36. There some states in Nigeria with higher living standards than Ghana. There is no basis for comparing a country of 175 million people with one of 20 million.

There's no state in Nigeria with larger population than Ghana. Even Lagos is only 10.5 million people.

Just like cities in Ghana will have higher standard of living than those states.

The person I quoted said Ghana doesn't have better infrastructure and I notified him that Ghana does have better infrastruture. I wasn't the one comparing the two countries.

Just like Nigeria is 9 times Ghana population. Ghana is also 7 times the population of countries some countries and it still has better infrastructure so stop using population as an excuse.

2 Likes

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
Your last point caps up everything....anyone who thinks that nigeria can become great and prosperous with its existing structure must be subsisting in lala land...

Naija ain't moving an inch from its foolish state until structures are reversed and the right one put jn place...

1 Like

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Bollinger(m): 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2015
bettercreature:
from 1975 through 1995,there was the last time Nigeria worth fighting for

Chairman. I don't know which history books you have been reading but i think someone has been lying to you. I graduated university in '96 and from my personal experiences and from Nigeria's history, there has never been a period where anything was great about Nigeria. 3 square meals for college students? i laugh in wafi. You do realize that the Nigerian civil war started in 1967 and a coup the year before. Just six years after independence the country was already messed up. And even before then there were strife and distrust in the country. Right after the war, we've had one military leader or another so tell me, how and when do you think a country like Nigeria would have time to be great? Bro's, stop listening to propaganda. Accept the truth and then maybe your eyes will open.

3 Likes

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by 14(m): 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
olami100:
Nigeria as a country is not developong.. A country where the politicians are ripping the masses of their benefits.
A country where to get a good pay job is like dream. A country where even the religious leaders and the church are feeding the masses wif lies. With all the prayers and fasting on nigeria.. Yet to no avail..
A country where economic recession is the order of d day.. I hope our president will do something on time..Is high time we the youth of this generation start looking for ways to make it in dis country. Don't listen to lies.. Use your brain...

As a south african, let me tell you what Nigeria needs to do to reach the developing state;

1. Rail network across the country to transport goods
2. Quality Highway networks that cover all states
3. massive national grid and High electricity production that supply the whole country
4. Water and sanitation infrustracture for the whole country
5. Quality airports and airline carriers

If Nigeria fails to achieve all this in 25 to 30yrs, then you can give up. Whats currently happening now is to cut the corners, it wont work. Nigeria can learn from CHINA, which was entirely rural 30yrs ago.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
JiggamanGh:

There's no state in Nigeria with larger population than Ghana. Even Lagos is only 10.5 million people.

Just like cities in Ghana will have higher standard of living than those states.

The person I quoted said Ghana doesn't have better infrastructure and I notified him that Ghana does have better infrastruture. I wasn't the one comparing the two countries.

Just like Nigeria is 9 times Ghana population. Ghana is also 7 times the population of countries some countries and it still has better infrastructure so stop using population as an excuse.

You have no shame. Look at you. A country of only 20 million people. You have gold - 2nd in Africa after SA. You have oil and gas. You have cocoa. You have bauxite. I'm sure you even have diamonds. Simple logic suggests that, like Singapore to China, you should be enjoying a far higher standard of living than Nigeria, with her 175 million mouths to feed. Yet Ghana still suffers from mass poverty, power cuts, bad roads, and rural deprivation. You should be on the Ghana forum asking where all the money has gone.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by MrEverest(m): 6:21pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rossikk:
Dumbito...there were no expressways in Nigeria in 1960. India, Malaysia etc also have many bad roads etc.. so kindly shut it pls.
Fuulish id!ot, if you lack comprehension skill then do not quote me out of contest, I gave an Illustration of the pitiable condition you lots are living in and all you could say was that terse statement. Dullard, keep burying your head in the sand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Bollinger(m): 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
14:

As a south african, let me tell you what Nigeria needs to do to reach the developing state;

1. [s]Rail network across the country to transport goods[/s]
2. [s]Quality Highway networks that cover all states[/s]
3. [s]massive national grid and High electricity production that supply the whole country[/s]
4. [s]Water and sanitation infrustracture for the whole country[/s]
5. Quality airports and airline carriers

If Nigeria fails to achieve all this in 25 to 30yrs, then you can give up. Whats currently happening now is to cut the corners, it wont work. Nigeria can learn from CHINA, which was entirely rural 30yrs ago.

There is only one thing Nigeria needs to do to be great. Change it's citizens mentality. If you bring everyone in America to Nigeria and transport everyone in Nigeria to America, Nigerians in America will be applying for visa to come back to Nigeria after destroying America.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by FemiFaniKayode: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2015
kadas01:
Bar man, abeg give this my guy one bottle of JD.

We no dey sell Jedi Jedi or Jack Dee for this bar grin grin

Make i give am one Dom Perignon?
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by winterfell007(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
what we fail to realise as a country is that we failed to practice true federalism that why Nigeria is not great and from the look of things i don't think we'll ever be. let me point out a workable solution:

1. the National Conference provided Nigerians the opportunity to restructure the country for optimal performance. when it was inaugurated by GEJ, i began looking forward to a new a prosperous Nigeria where no tribe or enthic group will feel the others are lording them or controlling their resources. i believe PMB should revisit those recommendation of the

2. this country can truly be great if we revert to regionalism as a system of government. this country is too diverse to operate the skewed system of government. that's why we are seeing the rise of secessionist movement. if truly want all these movements that threatens the unity of this country to stop then we must revert to the old form.

3. Aristotle once said 'it is truly injustice to treat unequal things equal and equal things be treated unequal. that saying can be ascribed to Nigeria present system of government where the FG is in control of everything and trying to make every state on operate on the same pedestal. that;s the worst form of injustice. it must be addressed if we want to the birth of a great nation that is truly competitive in nature
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
MrEverest:
Fuulish id!ot, if you lack comprehension skill then do not quote me out of contest, I gave an Illustration of the pitiable condition you lots are living in and all you could say was that terse statement. Dullard, keep burying your head in the sand.
A dunce who knows nothing about the history of Nigerian development cannot be giving "illustrations". You should be in a classroom filling your empty head with knowledge.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
okay...
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by JiggamanGh: 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rossikk:
You have no shame. Look at you. A country of only 20 million people. You have gold. You have oil and gas. You have cocoa. You have bauxite. I'm sure you even have diamonds. Simple logic suggests you should be enjoying a far higher standard of living than Nigeria, with her 175 million mouths to feed. Yet Ghana still suffers from mass poverty, power cuts, bad roads, and rural deprivation. You should be on the Ghana forum asking where all the money has gone.

The same can be said about Nigeria. A country with oil, fertile land, human resource, gold, diamond, gas and so many other resources yet you still poor, oil can't be refine, a country with oil but there are always gas scarcity. I mean the list goes on.

Yes Ghana should be doing 100x better than its currently doing, the same can be said about all countries in Africa. The fact is even at that Ghana is doing better than lots of countries in Africa.

Again I am not the one making the comparison. The op stated several countries in Africa that have better infrastructure than Nigeria but your brother singled Ghana out. I am only reminding him that the op is not wrong when it comes to the infrastructure of both countries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Iko5000: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
Give this OP an award for saying a basic truth we refuse to acknowledge in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2015
JiggamanGh:

The same can be said about Nigeria. A country with oil, fertile land, human resource, gold, diamond, gas and so many other resources yet you still poor, oil can't be refine, a country with oil but there are always gas scarcity. I mean the list goes on.

Yes Ghana should be doing 100x better than its currently doing, the same can be said about all countries in Africa. The fact is even at that Ghana is doing better than lots of countries in Africa.

Again I am not the one making the comparison. The op stated several countries in Africa that have better infrastructure than Nigeria but your brother singled Ghana out. I am only reminding him that the op is not wrong when it comes to the infrastructure of both countries.
Yawwn... You have ONLY 20 million people to look after and you can't even do that. What will you do if 100 million people were added to you? I actually think you're worse than Nigeria. You have no excuse. Your leaders are silent thieves.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by 14(m): 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
amiskurie:
Op must be high on his foolish opinion,It's known with facts that Nigeria has the most tarred road network in Africa.

Next time,check facts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_road_network_size
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by JiggamanGh: 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rossikk:
Yawwn...

Of course you will yawn, when you loose. Come back when you have more examples and I am always ready to counter

1 Like

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Marvinspeed(m): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Sweetguy25:

The Economy of a nation and the wealth of a nation are not entirely the same thing. Its the same as economic growth and development. China is bound to have a bigger GDP than the United States anytime soon but will that make them richer than the US? No.

The primary standard used in measuring a nations wealth is the GDP per capita. It provides a primary assessment of the capability of the citizens of a country to afford things that are beyond the basic necessities of life.

Relativity is the point. Our economy when compared to our population doesn't look great at all.

Equatorial Guinea ranks 24th on that list. Are you saying they are wealthier than Nigeria? Its obvious No is the answer.

GDP per capita only tells or shows the value of goods produced in Nigeria in a given year. The main reason we don't have a high GDP per capita is because we don't refine oil in Nigeria and we are more of an importing country than exporting, so these in turn leaves us to the winds of changes in exchange rates.

Like I said earlier we are not operating at an optimum level, the world bank ranks us as using 70% of our abilities, so there is room for improvement, meaning both our GDP and GDP per capita has a potential of high growth, that is why we are currently ranked 22nd in the world and a would-be top 15 within 20years.

At the moment we are not looking good, that's why there is potential. Also Our population also has a high level of youth, talking about more than 50%(I don't need to quote anywhere to say this) so I don't think we will remain where we are for long.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by JiggamanGh: 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2015
14:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_road_network_size

People just make comments without much research.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Chubhie: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2015
Crazy country. I wonder how I was able to keep my sanity then. Common basic necessities of life they can't get it right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rossikk:
Use your brain. A faster growing GDP than Britain means we are 'catching up'. If current growth rates are maintained in both nations, then it is only a matter of time before the gap is closed. This is primary school mathematics.

how does the math work out for Employment rates, Wealth Index, Infrastructure dev., Food sufficiency, international Trade Balance (outside crude oil) which matter of time, in the face of imminent devaluation of the currency, dwindling performance of the stock market? rising insecurity? continual waste of scarce resources, false forex environment? dude.. do the math

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by davo3286: 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
Victorchuks4:
Nigeria is giant of africa for mouth. Angola develop very well

Very true my brother. In the whole of 2011, I had the opportunity to travel across three African countries - South Africa, Namibia and Angola - and guess what? I was shamed to be nigerian seeing how orderly and nice the places were. In fact, I regretted being a nigerian. We have far more oil and gas than Angola but they were able to use their oil money judiciously. Namibia don't even have any oil. But right from the airport down to the city centers you could see infrastructurall development, orderliness and what have you. I mean, it's a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Chubhie: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2015
Rossikk:
Yawwn... You have ONLY 20 million people to look after and you can't even do that. What will you do if 100 million people were added to you? I actually think you're worse than Nigeria. You have no excuse. Your leaders are silent thieves.
Or perhaps lagos with ONLY 24 million people should have been an el dorado considering her acclaimed wealth. Yet all I see in lagos is ghettos. It should be considered crime against humanity to make excuses for Nigeria. Her conditions is testament that evolution can go on reverse.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by sinkhole: 6:53pm On Nov 10, 2015
gbemi15:
and it is d likes of dt ur friend dt jump queue,drive one way,do illegal connection,drink water from a sachet pack and throw it inside d drains,build house on natural channels,vandalise public utilities,pour sand and oda construction materials on d public road,etc and expect Buhari to right all ds wrongs,but go to countries where it has bcom dr culture to be orderly and form civilised only to return to Nigeria and be barbaric. it is upto us if Nigeria will be great again
Sincerely, my friend does not do all you listed, but as humans, we sometimes have tendency to do some of those things you listed and it is the duty of authority to tell us that it is not right, the other time I saw a policeman riding a motorbike against traffic and I was like, so if I do same what will happen! It is in Nigeria that University authority will tell staff that it is illegal to have "relationship" with students but senior lecturers will do same and nothing will happen.
They asked me not to trow bin but no dustbin provided, if I trow bin were bin is provided I should be properly fined, not so in Nigeria!
If I parked in a wrong place, I should be fined, but in Nigeria you can just give a policeman something and its OK!
I could just go on!
What really "waod" my guy was that, the first two weeks he got there, the electricity supply was just constant, no blinking, no low voltage talkless of outright power failure, he was constantly looking at the bulb in his room thinking it will just go dim, but nothing! The landlord of his house provided internet access, though my friend paid for it, and the internet is always reliable and it seems to simply be the practise there!
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by stwazobia: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
Guy you no get talk... abeg enter bush.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
This post feels like a kick to the blockus but one I'm happy I read. Everything said in the OP is accurate to my knowledge.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
You are a wise man because you see beyond your imagination.Some people believe in facts and figures while some believe anything.I feel so sorry for our youths who believe that Nigeria will be great when all the politicians do is steal,cheat and lie.A fool is a man who does the same thing over and over expecting a different result.
Sweetguy25:
That Nigeria was once a great a country – It is common to hear Nigerian’s make statements like “our country will be great again”. This comment is quite delusional.
Nigeria, to the best of my knowledge has never been a great country. You may try to pass of some of our characteristics like population, ethnicity or the fact that we used to have groundnut pyramids in the past as greatness but reasonably, these things don’t make you great.
Examples of countries that were great are China and Argentina. They were both known to be highly prosperous countries in the past and unfortunately lost their prosperity as time went by.
Nigeria has never been known to be a prosperous country since its independence till date.

That Nigeria is a rich country: This is another unfounded untruth that is perpetuated by some ignorant Nigerians.
The “GDP per capita” is the standard used in measuring how rich a country is. Nigeria’s GDP per capita currently stands at 3000 dollars. This makes Nigeria a low income country and one of the poorest countries in the world.

That Nigeria is more developed than most countries in Africa: Some Nigerians who have never been beyond the boundaries of Lagos and Abuja would think there are fewer places in Africa that are better than these places (and Nigeria as a whole) in terms of infrastructure and economic development.
Recent ratings from the World Economic Forum’s global competitiveness report shows that even in West Africa, certain countries like Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali, Cape Verde and Senegal all have better infrastructure ratings than Nigeria.
Honestly speaking, Nigerians have a myopic view as to what true socio-economic growth and development entails. Seeing private jets and luxurious cars as development while majority of the populace cannot afford beyond the basic necessities of life isn’t development.

That Nigeria would develop and be great:
Although we can’t predict the future, we can judge from history and the current state of affairs to project what the future would look like.
The possibility of Nigeria becoming great with its current structures, constitution and institutions is very slim.
The current socio-political and economic regime that perpetuates greed, rent-seeking, injustice and laziness will not get this country where is plans to be.
Until we begin to call for a structural and systemic change, Nigeria may not witness any progress in the long-run.

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by onoja12: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thanks for reminding me. going by per capital earning what number those u.s.a, china and Russia fall, please tell the world and for your info per capital earning, is in terms of standard of living on not wealth of the country.

og2711:

Ignorance, is a terrible, terrible disease. This is the sort of guy that just talks out of his anus with no research, information or facts. "Most countries with large population have low GDP". Firstly I'm sure he meant to say 'per capita'. Just to educate you, per capita is GDP divided by population, so if you have a low one, you simply up your GDP. That is the real yardstick for measuring wealth, not all the rubbish you wrote. Eg. If a country has $2,000,000 GDP BUT only 2 citizens, that makes it the richest in the world.

The United States does not have a low per capita. Neither does China, Russia.
Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2015
People like you live and die in penury because you're not intelligent.
hizson:
op abeg swerve jooorh...Nigeria is s rich country, when people make this statement they referring to the mineral deposits we have and I can bet you we are one of the most naturally endowed country only if we could efficiently use it.

And please I take God beg you, no use your bad mouth on our country, we believe, we have hope, we praying, we know it will soon happen Nigeria will be great one day...#longlive9ja #proudlynigerian

Last Bullet: This op sounds like one biafran.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria. by Lucasbalo(m): 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2015
Bollinger:

There is only one thing Nigeria needs to do to be great. Change it's citizens mentality. If you bring everyone in America to Nigeria and transport everyone in Nigeria to America, Nigerians in America will be applying for visa to come back to Nigeria after destroying America.
Gbam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Shiites’ Member Faints As Buhari Returns (Photo) / Emir Sanusi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida In Niger State(photo) / Police Fired Teargas On #RevolutionNow Protesters, Make Arrests (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.