Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament (24931 Views)

World Cup 2018: Musa’s Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Tournament - details / Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Victor Moses Becomes Highestpaid Nigerian Player In Europe With New Chelsea Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by activelyA(f): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Voted....

But to to sincere, the best for me was that Chile guy...chai!!! Takes intelligence to score that goal oo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
Icon4s:

Pray not to be on a position where your family member would render a life changing favour to an outsider instead of u saying " d outsider worths it".

When things are done in truth, what belongs to you will definitely find its way back to you. Tribalism, sentiments and prejudice with only continue to ignite bitterness in this country. That is why we are stagnant. Change begins from you and me. Start doing what's right regardless of your relationship with the person involved. That is the kind of love Christ expects from us. It's a new day again, start today! Nigeria can still be better.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by F22RAPTOR(m): 8:07am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

When you know they truth, why not do what's right? Pls quit prejudice, sentiments and trials and let's move this country forward. Change begins with you and me!
man, u are right.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by waice6571: 8:09am On Nov 12, 2015
king94:
I don't care if Mexicans vote for Okonkwo or not. They asked us to vote for d best goal and that's what I did. Why should I vote for Okonkwo wen I prefer/enjoyed Cortes' own more. I didn't vote based on nationality but on which I feel is better. If u tink Okonkwo's goal is better dan Cortes', u shouldn't have any worries den.

What goes arround sometimes comes arround with a force greater than you can control; then, you'll know what it means to be victim of one's choice(s).
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by AbuMikey(m): 8:12am On Nov 12, 2015
Voted Okonkwo, 'cos I actually prefer his goal. Came out of nothing, from 35 meteres out! shocked

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 8:13am On Nov 12, 2015
waice6571:

What goes arround sometimes comes arround with a force greater than you can control; then, you'll know what it means to be victim of one's choice(s).
I chose d best goal. I don't buy dat victim ish. Let us put all sentiments aside and say d truth.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Icon4s(m): 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

When things are done in truth, what belongs to you will definitely find its way back to you. Tribalism, sentiments and prejudice with only continue to ignite bitterness in this country. That is why we are stagnant. Change begins from you and me. Start doing what's right regardless of your relationship with the person involved. That is the kind of love Christ expects from us. It's a new day again, start today! Nigeria can still be better.

Be deceiving urself. U dnt know what life is all abt. When u finally graduate from school u will understand life better.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Missy89(f): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
Mexico will be biased, Belgium and France too. Vote because you would have voted if the kid was your brother.

Vote to help a fellow Nigerian, and don't insult national football by comparing it to the yeye club jargons you guys do. You are closer to Okonkwo than you can ever be to a Neymar. A win for Okonkwo is a win for Nigeria, anything Neymar wins does nothing for nobody here

wining the goal of the tournament is just an ornamental award. that is why it was left to the fans to decide and it wont help the winners career in any way. If that is the case, There is no point for sentiments.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
Epaul:
This is why Nigeria is where it is today. We are so filled up with cocktail of favouritism and band-wagon. So, you are saying I should vote for Okonkwo because he is Nigerian when Diego Cortes's goal is clearly better than Okonkwo's goal? So, you are saying because Belgium or Mexico might be biased with their votes, I should be biased too?
HOW GLORIOUS IS NIGERIA'S FUTURE!

Diego's goal is the best of the tournament and not okonkwo's which, in my book, ranks 2nd in the tournament. Let's stop this NONESENSE and give MERIT a chance! Nigeria clinched the trophy, took the golden boot and golden boy award and that's good enough.

Diego has my vote.
I didn't see the Diego's goal, not my problem.

The problem with Nigeria is favoritism and some of you will vote Diego because Okonkwo is Okonkwo, not Bamgboye or Ahmed.

When Mikel deserved CAF APOTY, you all voted Toure and said he doesn't deserve it, when Enyema deserved BBC APOTY, once again, you all ignored him.

When will a Nigerian EVER deserve anything in the eyes of Nigerians? We don't move forward because we don't encourage one another. We don't move forward because we are our own worst enemies.

Okonkwo's goal was the most hyped goal on social network that day, tomorrow, you'll be in a position to win something and your fellow Nigerians will desert you, then we'll see if you care about Nigeria

Merit indeed, you guys are do unbiased yet you vote based on tribe for elections and suddenly remember merit on the International stage as if that will make the world think you're better than the criminals they've pegged you to be

5 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
Pascal181:

Oboi, e be like say casted no dey English dictionary o. Aniway ur message is passed

Dude, The verb and adjective - 'Casted' is simple past tense and past participle of 'cast'. Even though, it's an old form of English, in it's current usage, however, casted is gaining ground, especially where cast means either (1) to assemble actors for a performance, or (2) to throw out bait and/or a lure on a fishing line. Kapish?

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/casted

Ignorance dey worry some people sha.

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 8:15am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Bros no mind those babies jare. They are the reason this country is not moving forward. They don't know tribalism is not patriotism. The moment we quit sentimental feelings in this country, Nigeria will start moving forward.
The unfortunate tin is dat Hw wuld dey feel if they are passed up for a job because of sentiments/nationality wen dey knw dey are d better person for dat position.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Icon4s:

Patriotism aside, Okonkwo's goal is d best.
Ur view, not mine.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by timbros(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2015
Sentiments everywhere!

@safarigirl

Why are you coercing people to vote a particular goal? It's very wrong. Whatever happened to 'choice'?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by waice6571: 8:22am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Just one question for you dear.
If your brother at the end of the term in school was 5th possition in his class, will you go ahead and pay the school fees of the son of another man who came 1st at the expence of your brother next term?
If not, your definition of the word prejudice might be awkward.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 12, 2015
I Don Vote Orji

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nicolars(m): 8:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Some pple ar just being dumb about d fact dat they won't voke their nigerian brothers instead of the alien mexican

And they will b d 1s opening threads and shouting plz vote 4 me. Help a brother achieve his dreams
Most handsome guy on campus

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2015
Icon4s:

Be deceiving urself. U dnt know what life is all abt. When u finally graduate from school u will understand life better.

lol, and what makes you think I am still in school? Listen up, if you vote for your brother to hold a big position out of sentiments when another man deserves it, someone else will vote against you later on in life when you deserve to be in a big position and vote for his own brother out of sentiments. Now tell me how you would feel that day. What goes round comes round!

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2015
timbros:
Sentiments everywhere!

@safarigirl

Why are you coercing people to vote a particular goal. Whatever happened to 'choice'?
even the choice is sentimental. The same sentimental choice that robbed Enyeama of a well deserved BBC APOTY and Mikel of CAF APOTY.

The same sentimental choice that makes Nigerians accuse their U17 teams of age cheating while exonerating foreign teams from same.

Nigerians more often than not, make the wrong choices and convince themselves that they are right.

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Xlad(m): 8:28am On Nov 12, 2015
FIFA is even stupid grin that Essien's goal is 70% better than those yeye goals fifa pasted there.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by waice6571: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2015
king94:
I chose d best goal. I don't buy dat victim ish. Let us put all sentiments aside and say d truth.

The same way Adam and Eve choose the fruit of knowledge of good and evil and landed the entire human race in trouble. Simply because, they thought they know better.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2015
waice6571:

If your brother at the end of the term in school was 5th possition in his class, will you go ahead and pay the school fees of the son of another man who came 1st at the expence of your brother next term?

The scenario you gave here is completely irrelevant with the discussed topic. School fees are not meant to be paid for a particular set of students. Every student, be it first or last should pay his or her school fees. You should use a more lucid example of something relevant to this topic and I will be glad to answer you.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Sheikwonder(m): 8:29am On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
Mexico will be biased, Belgium and France too. Vote because you would have voted if the kid was your brother.

Vote to help a fellow Nigerian, and don't insult national football by comparing it to the yeye club jargons you guys do. You are closer to Okonkwo than you can ever be to a Neymar. A win for Okonkwo is a win for Nigeria, anything Neymar wins does nothing for nobody here

This post is so unbelievably filled with wisdom.... Wow !

Kudos to you...

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tobiasbeecher: 8:30am On Nov 12, 2015
king94:
I don't care if Mexicans vote for Okonkwo or not. They asked us to vote for d best goal and that's what I did. Why should I vote for Okonkwo wen I prefer/enjoyed Cortes' own more. I didn't vote based on nationality but on which I feel is better. If u tink Okonkwo's goal is better dan Cortes', u shouldn't have any worries den.
Mr man stop claiming as if you are more upright than every other person. I don't know if you know what is called patriotism - it entails having love and positive disposition for anything about your country no matter your personal reservations. American soldiers go to the middle east to defend their country against terrorism not because they love all the terrorism policy of the American govt. but because of their love for their country. In patriotism, sentiment for anything about your country takes over any other belief you may have. And i know for sure that you would have voted for Orji's goal if he was your brother

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by timbros(m): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2015
waice6571:

Your illustration is way off the scenario at hand.

If his brother come 5th in school, he will still pay his school fees next term and help him improve his academics.

I don't see how that connects with which goal is the best.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Missy89(f): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

The scenario you gave here is completely irrelevant with the discussed topic. School fees are not meant to be paid for a particular set of students. Every student, be it first or last should pay his or her school fees. You should use a more lucid example of something relevant to this topic and I will be glad to answer you.

I almost typed the same thing. Apple and oranges here. A typical naija way of confusing and misrepresenting scenarios

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 8:32am On Nov 12, 2015
waice6571:

The same way Adam and Eve choose the fruit of knowledge of good and evil and landed the entire human race in trouble. Simply because, they thought they know better.
Ur analogy is way off. Wot makes yhu think yhu knw better dan sum1 else?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 8:34am On Nov 12, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man stop claiming as if you are more upright than every other person. I don't know if you know what is called patriotism - it entails having love and positive disposition for anything about your country no matter your personal reservations. American soldiers go to the middle east to defend their country against terrorism not because they love all the terrorism policy of the American govt. but because of their love for their country. In patriotism, sentiment for anything about your country takes over any other belief you may have. And i know for sure that you would have voted for Orji's goal if he was your brother
I voted d better goal not based on 'patriotism' but on which I feel is better.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Missy89(f): 8:35am On Nov 12, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Wrong!
Soldiers go to war because they follow orders and risk being court martialed and executed for cowardice if they decline. They join because of patriotism however.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

You should have written from the beginning that you posted the link from people who reason with sentiments. I'm sure he wouldn't have commented at all.
I believe the topic is "Help a NIGERIAN Player Win....."

The topic is clear enough for anyone with half a brain to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by frisky2good(m): 8:37am On Nov 12, 2015
This matter no need argument. Just go there and vote for Okonkwo.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by waice6571: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2015
king94:
Ur analogy is way off. Wot makes yhu think yhu knw better dan sum1 else?

We are talking about power of choice and its consequences bro.
Nothing wrong with that illustration.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Alezy(m): 8:40am On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=king94 post=39906574]I voted for Diego Cortes. His goal is my favourite.[/quote ] That guy goal sweet die

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ansu Fati Is Barcelona's New Number 10 / Rasheedat Ajibade Donates Kits To FC Robo / Michael Emenalo Appointed As Monaco Sporting Director Weeks After Chelsea Exit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.