Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament (24938 Views)

World Cup 2018: Musa’s Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Tournament - details / Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Victor Moses Becomes Highestpaid Nigerian Player In Europe With New Chelsea Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by daveP(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2015
I saw the goals and i loved cortes' own.

But ive noticed that screamer-goals makes you quiver and shake on your sit cos they trigger adrenaline.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
Go and watch every goal before you dash it to Cortes.... did you watch every goal? Be fair and watch everything.

Once again, even when a Nigerian clearly deserves it,you lot are the first to desert him and then shout merit here. Thank God they don't ask Nigerians to vote in all things, else,we will never win a thing because some people think they are Gandhi

As in eh, Nigerians beat me a lot. There are some reasonable ones but many are close to ridiculous.

How can someone put tearing race with the ball and slotting the ball into a net over someone who curled a ball from an impossible distance.

That is how Mikel was clearly the best but some Mahatma Ghandi Nigerians kept voting Yaya Toure because they will not stop for a second to weigh the facts.

Sad truth.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by dubemivan(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2015
king94:
I don't care if Mexicans vote for Okonkwo or not. They asked us to vote for d best goal and that's what I did. Why should I vote for Okonkwo wen I prefer/enjoyed Cortes' own more. I didn't vote based on nationality but on which I feel is better. If u tink Okonkwo's goal is better dan Cortes', u shouldn't have any worries den.
I never knew we still have straight forward men like you in this country... I only wonder why we havent make progress still with people like you around!
It is good to be unbiased but it is better to be patriotic and even BEST to support your own!
Thank you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by lovely17(m): 11:09am On Nov 12, 2015
Diego Coartes abeg that goal mad gan some Messi shiii ;DDiego Coartes abeg that goal mad gan some Messi shiii
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2015
“He is a nice person who wants the best for us. Before the match, he called me and said: 'Orji, this is your chance, you can't afford to let yourself and Nigerians down' and when I scored, I kept saying 'coach, coach, coach’. I’m grateful to him.”... Orji Okonkwo (Scorer of Nigeria's second goal in our semi final match against Mexico) Talking about Coach Amunike

Now some so called Ghandi Nigerians want to let him down. There is strength in unity.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:21am On Nov 12, 2015
[b]Some people wonder why some Nigerian greats never deserve their due credits. It is because of The Nigerian mentality of not respecting anything they produce.

Evej if a Nigerian man designs a shirt better than a popular Italian designer, Nigerians will buy the Italian own because of their foreign respect mentality.

One day, I was watching a video of the top ten goals in the history of Arsenal on youtube and the goals of Henry, Pires, Bergkamp and Ljunberg filled the video. I went to a gunners forum and asked them how Kanu Nwankwo's goal against Chelsea is not on that list.

I told them as for me that is the greatest because he did what was close to impossible.

Some argued it was not the best which I can take but for it not to be in the top 10? Come on Man! Give me a break.

I noticed later some videos of Arsenal's greatest goals that came out after my post had Kanu's goal.

My point is, if we actually put sentiments aside, we will recognise the greatness in us. Seeing our greatness will help unite us and stop the hatred growing in us.

While growing up, I was brought up with the trying to break a broom, compared to breaking a broomstick.

There is strength in Unity.

Kanu's Hat Trick against Chelsea including his wonder goal to round up his hat trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eJlBsw_QcM
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As in eh, Nigerians beat me a lot. There are some reasonable ones but many are close to ridiculous.

How can someone put tearing race with the ball and slotting the ball into a net over someone who curled a ball from and impossible distance.

That is how Mikel was clearly the best but some Mahatma Ghandi Nigerians kept voting Yaya Toure because they will not stop for a second to weigh the facts.

Sad truth.

You will continue to miss the point due to this your impatience or should I say lack of understanding? No one is saying one goal is better than the other. Everyone is entitled to his/her own choice. What we are saying is that you should vote for whomever you think has the best goal because you think so NOT because he is your brother. In a nutshell, what we are clamoring for is that you shouldn't vote out of sentiment.

And again, that Mikel is clearly better than Yaya Toure is your own personal opinion. Everyone does not have to have the same opinion as you!
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

You will continue to miss the point due to this your impatience or should I say lack of understanding? No one is saying one goal is better than the other. Everyone is entitled to his/her own choice. What we are saying is that you should vote for whomever you think has the best goal because you think so NOT because he is your brother. In a nutshell, what we are clamoring for is that you shouldn't vote out of sentiment.

And again, that Mikel is clearly better than Yaya Toure is your own personal opinion. Everyone does not have to have the same opinion as you!

It is not about personal opinion, I am being factual. I never said Mikel was better than Yaya Toure. I am a CityZen and I see what Yaya does for us in every game he plays. That year, Mikel was better, amassed more titles, was the best player against Yaya Toure's Ivory Coast when we knocked them out of the AFCON. DROGBA, Confirmed it after the game. Yaya did not win anything for Club or Country that year.

What will make a Nigerian vote Yaya over Mikel that year, beats my imagination.

Are you telling me that if it was your younger brother who did that for Nigeria, you will vote Cortes?

So why not vote Okonkwo's goal?

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

It is not about personal opinion or being factual. I never said Mikel was better than Yaya Toure. I am a CityZen and I see what Yaya does for us in every game he plays. That year, Mikel was better, amassed more titles, was the best player against Yaya Toure's Ivory Coast when we knocked them out of the tourney. DROGBA, Confirmed it. Yaya did not win anything for Club or Country.

What will make a Nigerian vote Yaya, beats my imagination.

Are you telling me that if it was your younger brother who did that for Nigeria, you will vote Cortes?

So why not vote Okonkwo's goal?

Again, that Mikel was better than Yaya Toure that year is still your personal opinion. That Drogba confirmed it further proves that it was Drogba's opinion. Are you telling me everyone must have same opinion as you?

To your second question: if Orji was my brother and I vote for him because I think he has a better goal, that's fair enough. Vote for whomever you think is better. But if I think Cortez has a better goal and I vote for Orji solely because he is my brother, I am guilty of sentiments. Sentiments will not move our country forward and that is what we are preaching against. Thanks!
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Again, that Mikel was better than Yaya Toure that year is still your personal opinion. That Drogba confirmed it further proves that it was Drogba's opinion. Are you telling me everyone must have same opinion as you?

To your second question: if Orji was my brother and I vote for him because I think he has a better goal, that's fair enough. Vote for whomever you think is better. But if I think Cortez has a better goal and I vote for Orji solely because he is my brother, I am guilty of sentiments. Sentiments will not move our country forward and that is what we are preaching against. Thanks!

So if Orji was your brother, you will vote him. Will you tell others to act real/Ghandi like to vote Cortes over your brother?

I guess you will not. Here you are canvassing for people to vote against him by voting their minds. Instead of telling the truth that what Okonkwo did was more difficult and he took that shot because of all Nigerians.

That is loyalty to blood. This boy is a National hero. We owe him that loyalty. Not just because his goal might or might not be the best. He is your country man who did something wonderful.

Some might say Cortes goal is better but if he was their brother they will vote Their Brother.

News Flash! Orji Okonkwo is your brother and a National hero who worked hard to make every Nigerian proud.

We owe him our loyalty.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

As for Mikel versus Yaya, keep personal opinion aside and weigh the facts. It is not about who you like but who did better. Mikel was better than Yaya Toure that year. That is a fact. Why vote against him based on personal opinion because you do not like him.

Most of the whole Africa will vote against Mikel because of their personal opinion ad hatred against Nigeria. Why can we not be factual and weigh the facts.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

So if Orji was your brother, you will vote him. Will you tell others to act real/Ghandi like to vote Cortes over your brother?

I guess you will not. Here you are canvassing for people to vote against him by voting their minds. Instead of telling the truth that what Okonkwo did was more difficult and he took that shot because of all Nigerians.

That is loyalty to blood. This boy is a National hero. We owe him that loyalty. Not just because his goal might or might not be the best. He is your country man who did something wonderful.

Some might say Cortes goal is better but if he was their brother they will vote Their Brother.

News Flash! Orji Okonkwo is your brother and National hero who worked hard to make every Nigerian proud.

We owe him our loyalty.

Once again, you have missed the point. By telling people to vote their minds, I am not canvassing for votes for Orji nor the other guy. I am only telling people to do what is right because it is right.

Second, I never said I would vote for Orji if he was my brother; I only said if I did so because he was my brother not minding whose goal I felt was better, I am guilty of sentiments!

Third, if Orji was my brother, I don't have to tell people to vote for him for that reason. People can vote for him because they love him and feel that he has a better goal, not because he is my brother!

Fourth, you just told me that Drogba confirmed that Mikel was better than Yaya Toure. Have you ever wondered why Drogba could have supported Mikel not minding the fact that Yaya Toure was his own countryman? That shows Drogba wasn't sentimental!

Let's emulate Drogba. Let's vote for whom we think has the best goal because we think so, not because he is our countryman. Let's be honest. Let's quit tribalism and sentiments so that we can move forward in this country.

Lastly; yes, Orji is my brother. Cortes is my brother too. As human beings created by one same God, we are all one family. God has no favourite. Let's live as one all over the world not minding tribe, race, religion etc.

Now Orji and Cortes are our brothers- same family. Vote for whom you think has the better goal.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by salmonkas: 12:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
you can vote again and again by clearing your cookies.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Once again, you have missed the point. By telling people to vote their minds, I am not canvassing for votes for Orji nor the other guy. I am only telling people to do what is right because it is right.

Second, I never said I would vote for Orji if he was my brother; I only said if I did so because he was my brother not minding whose goal I felt was better, I am guilty of sentiments!

Third, if Orji was my brother, I don't have to tell people to vote for him for that reason. People can vote for him because they love him and feel that he has a better goal, not because he is my brother!

Fourth, you just told me that Drogba confirmed that Mikel was better than Yaya Toure. Have you ever wondered why Drogba could have supported Mikel not minding the fact that Yaya Toure was his own countryman? That shows Drogba wasn't sentimental!

Let's emulate Drogba. Let's vote for whom we think has the best goal because we think so, not because he is our countryman. Let's be honest. Let's quit tribalism and sentiments so that we can move forward in this country.

Lastly; yes, Orji is my brother. Cortes is my brother too. As human beings created by one same God, we are all one family. God has no favourite. Let's live as one all over the world not minding tribe, race, religion etc.

Now Orji and Cortes are our brothers- same family. Vote for whom you think has the better goal.
Thanks!

Cortes is your brother, funny. Let your Mexican brothers vote Orji Okonkwo let me see him win one vote.

Also, do not get me wrong. I did not say Drogba said Mikel was a better player than Yaya. Drogba will never do that. Drogba said Mikel was the best player of the match after Nigeria knocked his country out of the AFCON.

Drogba will never vote Mikel over Yaya for an award, even if Mikel played better. Out of ten thousand Ivorians, if Mikel sees five votes, he should thank the God he is worshipping.

Out of ten thousand Nigerians, if Mikel sees one thousand votes, he should thank the God he is worshipping.

Is that not ridiculous?

So keep telling people to vote their Brother Cortes and their personal opinions and not weigh the facts. Let us keep robbing Nigerians of our glory.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Cortes is your brother, funny. Let your Mexican brothers vote Orji Okonkwo let me see him win one vote.

Also, do not get me wrong. I did not say Drogba said Mikel was a better player than Yaya. Drogba will never do that. Drogba said Mikel was the best player of the match after Nigeria knocked his country out of the AFCON.

Drogba will never vote Mikel over Yaya for an award, even if Mikel played better. Out of ten thousand Ivorians, if Mikel see five votes, he should thank the God he is worshipping.

Out of ten thousand Nigerians, if Mikel see one thousand votes, he should thank the God he is worshipping.

Is that not ridiculous?

So keep telling people to vote their Brother Cortes and their personal opinions and not weigh the facts. Let us keep robbing Nigerians of our glory.

Now, I don't know what reply to give you anymore. Maybe I should just ask you this: why are Nigerian players struggling to go an play for foreign clubs and not our own Nigerian clubs where they have their ''brothers''? Why struggling to play for clubs owned by those other ones? Do they prefer money and fame over their brothers here?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Now, I don't know what reply to give you anymore. Maybe I should just ask you this: why are Nigerian players struggling to go an play for foreign clubs and not our own Nigerian clubs where they have their ''brothers''? Why struggling to play for clubs owned by those other ones? Do they prefer money and fame over their brothers here?

Are the conditions for football in Nigeria as good as Europe? What kind of question is that?

How can someone help his brother if he does not have a good place to work and earn money?

The conditions are better in Europe. You go out there, earn more, learn from them and come back to help your country grow in football. Like how Siasia, Keshi, Oliseh, Amunike etc did.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:
Why do we even have to vote when its obvious we would be biased in our voting? Na so Madrid fans see Naymar goal finish say there's nothing spectacular in it, FIFA should just give it to whoever they like jare.

Which kind I too know be this one? Fatherland first. na wao.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oyindare(m): 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:

I vote for whoever deserves my vote, even as stvpid as you are, if we are to vote for the most stvpid person on NL, after checking the whole nominees and I think you deserve it, I would gladly vote for you. Our disagreement on this issue won't make me vote for someone else.
son thanks for voting for me but am giving out the award to your father at home
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Exxit(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
Mexico will be biased, Belgium and France too. Vote because you would have voted if the kid was your brother.

Vote to help a fellow Nigerian, and don't insult national football by comparing it to the yeye club jargons you guys do. You are closer to Okonkwo than you can ever be to a Neymar. A win for Okonkwo is a win for Nigeria, anything Neymar wins does nothing for nobody here
why should we be biased because of he's Nigerian? If he's better then I'll vote. But if otherwise, I don't care how far other players in other nation is to me I'll vote for them... I don't care if he's my brother... The day Nigeria will be great is only if honesty reign among us.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Exxit:
why should we be biased because of he's Nigerian? If he's better then I'll vote. But if otherwise, I don't care how far other players in other nation is to me I'll vote for them... I don't care if he's my brother... The day Nigeria will be great is only if honesty reign among us.

The day Nigeria will become strong will be the day we unite and start supporting each other. It is as simple as that.

Just look at this, a National hero scored an amazing goal and helped us lift the cup. We can not unite and vote him. We must vote another in the name of honesty.

If it is an American that scored that goal, they will all unite behind the American. I doubt even one will vote another.

Yet as for Nigerians, our votes must be divided with one excuse or the other.

That is why America will be greater than us until we change our mentality of division.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ok fine..... But must you be rude about it??

Why can't you people understand that "UNITY OF PURPOSE" AND "SUPPORT" FOR OUR OWN IS THE "MENTALITY" THAT MADE THE USA SO GREAT.

Is this so hard to get??

Anyway, you've voted out of your own "honesty" so I guess that makes you better than the rest of us right??

Truth is, some of you guys don't get it at all........

Well, do have a good day and a good weekend up ahead.

And pls, if you wanna say something...... You don't have to be rude or harsh about it......**smiles**

Exxit:
I've already voted for that Mexican player.... Now kill yourself

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by zicky(m): 6:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The day Nigeria will become strong will be the day we unite and start supporting each other. It is as simple as that.

Just look at this, a National hero scored an amazing goal and helped us lift the cup. We can not unite and vote him. We must vote another in the name of honesty.

If it is an American that scored that goal, they will all unite behind the American. I doubt even one will vote another.

Yet as for Nigerians, our votes must be divided with one excuse or the other.

That is why America will be greater than us until we change our mentality of division.
please stop wasting your time on these guys, they should go and look at the voting pattern during voting for world best, Argentina coach or captain will never vote Ronaldo second or third talkmore of first. Same thing applies to the Portuguese coach, that's football politics. It is only when it come to situations like this that Nigerians want to tell the world they are the most honest people but its a lie, it only show hatred and envy among us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
Breaking News: Under 17 World Cup Hero VICTOR OSIMHEN Has Been Signed To Tottenham FC

Congrats to the Nigerian Wonder Kid Victor Osimhen.

https://www.nairaland.com/2731795/breaking-under-17-world-cup

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
oyindare:
son thanks for voting for me but am giving out the award to your father at home

My father won't take something that belongs to ur family.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yeah..... Was glad when I confirmed the news earlier today......*smiles*

Tottenham is great for Osimhen.

Meanwhile, Man City should wrap up the deal for Kelechi Nwakali naa..... Oga GoodJoe.... How far na? Na Man City go fit K.Nwakali ooo..... 2nd option na Arsenal. No more.....*smiles*

But I hear Kingsley Michael is also on Man City's radar. Please, could you confirm this...... Thanks.

Also wonder who "Wonder goal banger", Orji will settle for as "unconfirmed" reports say Chelsea and West ham are on his case.

I expect to hear more good news about these lads and the others (such as Chukwueze, Lazarus, Bamgboye, Zakari, Enogela, Udoh etc) in the coming weeks.

The Nigerian Soccer project continues...........*smiles*

TheGoodJoe:
Breaking News: Under 17 World Cup Hero VICTOR OSIMHEN Has Been Signed To Tottenham FC

Congrats to the Nigerian Wonder Kid Victor Osimhen.

https://www.nairaland.com/2731795/breaking-under-17-world-cup

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? / Uruguay Vs Russia: World Cup (3 - 0) On 25th June 2018 / Harry Maguire Dropped As Manchester United Captain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.