Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament (24939 Views)

World Cup 2018: Musa’s Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Tournament - details / Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Victor Moses Becomes Highestpaid Nigerian Player In Europe With New Chelsea Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tobiasbeecher: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2015
Missy89:

Wrong!
Soldiers go to war because they follow orders and risk being court martialed and executed for cowardice if they decline. eThy join because of patriotism however.
You shouldn't have said this because joining the American Army is not by force like in some countries. The people that joined American Army know already there is a big tendency they may go to war. What do you think will happen to American Army if every American thinks joining the Army is going against what they believe in?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by timbros(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
even the choice is sentimental. The same sentimental choice that robbed Enyeama of a well deserved BBC APOTY and Mikel of CAF APOTY.

The same sentimental choice that makes Nigerians accuse their U17 teams of age cheating while exonerating foreign teams from same.

Nigerians more often than not, make the wrong choices and convince themselves that they are right.

Stop making this a Yoruba/Igbo thing.

I don't want to go into all those APOTY examples you gave. But as far as this Chile 2015 goal of the tournament award is concerned, a greater percentage of neutral voters WORLDWIDE will vote for the Mexican.

So even if the whole of Nairaland vote for Okonkwo, the odds will still be against him. Or do you think that Nairaland will conquer the rest of the world in voting?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by timbros(m): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man stop claiming as if you are more upright than every other person. I don't know if you know what is called patriotism - it entails having love and positive disposition for anything about your country no matter your personal reservations. American soldiers go to the middle east to defend their country against terrorism not because they love all the terrorism policy of the American govt. but because of their love for their country. In patriotism, sentiment for anything about your country takes over any other belief you may have. And i know for sure that you would have voted for Orji's goal if he was your brother

Would you, out of 'patriotism', do something you know is morally wrong?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Missy89(f): 8:50am On Nov 12, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

You shouldn't have said this because joining the American Army is not by force like in some countries. The people that joined American know already there is a big tendency they may go to war. What do you think will happen to American Army if every American thinks joining the Army is going against what they believe in?

You still have to follow orders whichever way. And joining up can be by force if enlisted men are not enough to meet the demand. That is what the draft is for during wartime. And by the way, some people actually join thinking the wont see any combat. National guards for example or reservists and they are deployed sometimes.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
I didn't see the Diego's goal, not my problem.

The problem with Nigeria is favoritism and some of you will vote Diego because Okonkwo is Okonkwo, not Bamgboye or Ahmed.

When Mikel deserved CAF APOTY, you all voted Toure and said he doesn't deserve it, when Enyema deserved BBC APOTY, once again, you all ignored him.

When will a Nigerian EVER deserve anything in the eyes of Nigerians? We don't move forward because we don't encourage one another. We don't move forward because we are our own worst enemies.

Okonkwo's goal was the most hyped goal on social network that day, tomorrow, you'll be in a position to win something and your fellow Nigerians will desert you, then we'll see if you care about Nigeria

Merit indeed, you guys are do unbiased yet you vote based on tribe for elections and suddenly remember merit on the International stage as if that will make the world think you're better than the criminals they've pegged you to be
oh dear! You mean you didn't see Diego's goal before you started punching your keypad canvassing for votes for a player simply because he is a Nigerian? That speaks a bunch about how pedantic and intelligent you are. And those crass twaddle you littered up there with, gives you away as a very intelligent girl with a bird-brain. Sorry I quoted you Madam. I don't argue with folks who are intelligent.

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tobiasbeecher: 8:58am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Oga, this is not a matter of racial discrimination. Just cut the crap! Everyone has a right to vote for whoever they think deserve the award; we shouldn't always be tribalistic and sentimental.

Do you mean Okocha as world player or Africa player? Tell me the trophies Okocha won? A man that did not even win the Africa cup of nations! Ronaldinho won the Uefa so he was given world player award. Okocha was a great player but he was unlucky with trophies, that's it! If he made it to the finals of tournaments, he would have been awarded. George Weah was African and he won world player. These golden eaglets are Africans, they are winning these major awards because the made it to the finals! How many goals did Okocha even scored? Can you compare him with the likes of Messi and Ronaldo of today? Okay, now tell me why these Nigerian players are choosing to play for foreign clubs and not our national clubs.
Stop spewing rubbish everywhere! If you don't know about a subject, it is better you shut up than embarrassing yourself. Who told you Okocha never won the African nations cup? So he was not part of the Tunisia 1994 squad? If you don't know Okocha has won some team and individual awards. That he didn't win the African footballer of the year still remains a mystery

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tobiasbeecher: 9:02am On Nov 12, 2015
Missy89:

You still have to follow orders whichever way. And joining up can be by force if enlisted men are not enough to meet the demand. That is what the draft is for during wartime. And by the way, some people actually join thinking the wont see any combat. National guards for example or reservists and they are deployed sometimes.

Wouldn't have answered you in the first place. Anyway goodbye
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by waice6571: 9:02am On Nov 12, 2015
timbros:

Your illustration is way off the scenario at hand.

If his brother come 5th in school, he will still pay his school fees next term and help him improve his academics.

I don't see how that connects with which goal is the best.

Here is the connection.
If that your proverbial brother that is considered weak academically can still have a chance to move forward in choosen carrer.
What happend to a fellow brother whom his hardwork has earned him a place among the best, who only need a push of grace from his people back at home, knowing fully well that, it is a part he cannot achieve on his own.
Or because, he's your blood relation?
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oyindare(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:
Why do we even have to vote when its obvious we would be biased in our voting? Na so Madrid fans see Naymar goal finish say there's nothing spectacular in it, FIFA should just give it to whoever they like jare.
animal

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by RichDad1(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2015
Done.
Let's show them the power of 160million people.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 9:06am On Nov 12, 2015
oyindare:
animal
Awon iponri babae ni eranko, omo alejatijati ashiaraba.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tobiasbeecher: 9:08am On Nov 12, 2015
timbros:

Would you, out of 'patriotism', do something you know is morally wrong?
Yes if i know it is for the interest of my country. What i believe is irrelevant when the interest of the country is at stake. The American soldiers guarding the Guantanamo bay may not necessary agree to the dehumanizing treatment the terror suspects are being subjected to but they have to do their jobs because they know their moral belief is so inconsequential to the national interest.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oyindare(m): 9:08am On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:

Awon iponri babae ni eranko, omo alejatijati ashiaraba.
....LOL me no understand u oooo part two fool...

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 9:12am On Nov 12, 2015
oyindare:
....LOL me no understand u oooo part two fool...

No P, lemme translate it for you. I said you fore fathers are animal,no need to translate the remaining, you fit commit suicide.
Onankpaba, come see o, this guy bears has a Yoruba handle and can't speak or read it. So you see what I mean when you hear that police man name.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 12, 2015
[quote authr=tobiasbeecher post=39935521]
Stop spewing rubbish everywhere! If you don't know about a subject, it is better you shut up than embarrassing yourself. Who told you Okocha never won the African nations cup? So he was not part of the Tunisia 1994 squad? If you don't know Okocha has won some team and individual awards. That he didn't win the African footballer of the year still remains a mystery[/quote]

You should reason with your sense and not your nose. We are talking racial discrimination here. If Okocha never won the African footballer of the year, it has nothing to do with racial discrimination. You can only accuse Fifa of racial discrimination because Jay-Jay didn't win world football award, and I have given you reasons for that! How could you think the fact that Okocha didn't win Africa footballer is discrimination when fellow Nigerians like Kanu and Rashidi Yekini won it?

Now, in the 1994 Nations Cup in which Okocha made his debut for Nigeria as a very young player which was even before the Olympic, would you tell me that he was better that Rashidi Yekini who won the best player award? You may have to go back to watch the clips. Quit sentiments!
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 12, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Stop spewing rubbish everywhere! If you don't know about a subject, it is better you shut up than embarrassing yourself. Who told you Okocha never won the African nations cup? So he was not part of the Tunisia 1994 squad? If you don't know Okocha has won some team and individual awards. That he didn't win the African footballer of the year still remains a mystery

You should reason with your sense and not your nose. We are talking racial discrimination here. If Okocha never won the African footballer of the year, it has nothing to do with racial discrimination. You can only accuse Fifa of racial discrimination because Jay-Jay didn't win world football award, and I have given you reasons for that! How could you think the fact that Okocha didn't win Africa footballer is discrimination when fellow Nigerians like Kanu and Rashidi Yekini won it?

Now, in the 1994 Nations Cup in which Okocha made his debut for Nigeria as a very young player which was even before the Olympic, would you tell me that he was better that Rashidi Yekini who won the best player award? You may have to go back to watch the clips. Quit sentiments!
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by justmenoni: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Op one is a Nigerian and the other is a Biafra,if we vote the Biafra guy now I'm sure his Biafra brothers will acclaim the achievement later as theirs, all the same I'll go cast my vote for him.now..

safarigirl:
First off, Congratulations to all Nigerians on the recent success of the Golden Eaglets....

Your support was greatly appreciated throughout the tournament, but one last thing is needed from you guys

Please you guys should go vote for Goal of the
Tournament:
http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/videos/goal-of-the-tournament/index.html

We have 2 players in contention, Osimhen and Orji Okonkwo. Abeg no need for us to split votes, Osimhen has already gotten Golden boot and Silver ball, so if you guys can help out Orji Okonkwo and vote
his goal, great!

cc: Mukina2, lalasticlala, Seun....please if you guys can move this to FP so more people can vote, it would be greatly appreciated

Voting ends on Monday, Nov. 16. Thank you
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tobiasbeecher: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

Mr man I don't care what you are talking about; I'm more concerned in correcting the lies you are spreading. Any other thing you wrote is none of my business
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by mysticwarrior(m): 9:21am On Nov 12, 2015
The golden eaglets were graced with exceptional talents, and outstanding abilities, they fought hard to defend their title, and that's a true spirit of a champion.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Dannyxy(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2015
The topic of the thread says "help a. Nigerian win", it is clearly defined.. so why are some people acting so self righteous?, nobody is forcing you to vote the Nigerian, but this thread is for those who want to "help" the Nigerian win..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2015
Epaul:
oh dear! You mean you didn't see Diego's goal before you started punching your keypad canvassing for votes for a player simply because he is a Nigerian? That speaks a bunch about how pedantic and intelligent you are. And those crass twaddle you littered up there with, gives you away as a very intelligent girl with a bird-brain. Sorry I quoted you Madam. I don't argue with folks who are intelligent.
*yawn*......I only saw when he got to the net, didn't see the build-up.

That being said, save your English for your girlfriend, and my reason for voting is none of your business. I am sure there are far better goals than that of Cortes' in contention, so why don't you watch every goal to make a fair choice if that is your argument.

Why only consider the two you saw? How is that fair if you haven't seen every goal, but rush to vote Cortes? How is that better than what I'm doing?

I vote the goal I saw, you're doing same, you're no better

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Darnii(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2015
Icon4s:

Cortes ko.Abeg i voted Orji Okonkwo's goal.

That how some Nigerians went and voted Yaya Toure to win African player of d year ahead of Mikel.

U go tell me whether any Mexicano will vote for Okonkwo's or Osimhen's goal.

Must we always be biased!! The whole world knows that the goal scored by CORTES can only be replicated By Messi, not even Ronaldo Has ever gone close.. You say Mexicans won't vote osimhen or Orji.. Why would they, when they have the best goal from them.. Abeg Orgi got a spectacular goal no doubt... But Corte's is superior..
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 12, 2015
tobiasbeecher:

Mr man I don't care what you are talking about; I'm more concerned in correcting the lies you are spreading. Any other thing you wrote is none of my business

There are no lies I am deliberately spreading. The wrong fact I gave that Jay-Jay didn't win the Nations Cup was because I didn't check the records. And I acknowledge you for correcting me on that. Now, I am more educated that the qualifications for that tournament was Okocha's debut. However, that doesn't mean we should digress from the main theme of discussion on this thread. Don't try to play smart!
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oyindare(m): 9:29am On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:

No P, lemme translate it for you. I said you fore fathers are animal,no need to translate the remaining, you fit commit suicide.
Onankpaba, come see o, this guy bears has a Yoruba handle and can't speak or read it. So you see what I mean when you hear that police man name.
see me see problem ooo u omo nigeria abi yet u can't vote for someone from ur place abi cos the boy no b yoruba abi? That is why u no move forward..check the name guy na oyinye....ur kid brother mate don do something good for this great NIGERIA to vote u no fit come dey open mouth ...u must be a FLATRON if u no get the meaning u better ask me ooooo...
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Dannyxy:
The topic of the thread says "help a. Nigerian win", it is clearly defined.. so why are some people acting so self righteous?, nobody is forcing you to vote the Nigerian, but this thread is for those who want to "help" the Nigerian win..

You are right by quoting the words in the thread. But the reason ''self-righteous'' people like us counter the thread is that we won't sit down and watch people like @safarigirl further divide the country with the bitterness incurred by sentiment. We want a better Nigeria and we still believe in this country. We will teach people to do what is right because it is right, not because 'he-is-my-brother'. Hello, vote for the man you think has the better goal because you think so, not because he is your brother. Quit sentiments! We won't support threads that preach sentiments!

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by benboa(m): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2015
BUT WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DANTE RIGO'S GOAL AND OUR OWN NWAKALI'S GOAL,

HOW COME NWAKALI WAS NOT NOMINATED ?? NA OJORO JOOR

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 12, 2015
oyindare:
see me see problem ooo u omo nigeria abi yet u can't vote for someone from ur place abi cos the boy no b yoruba abi? That is why u no move forward..check the name guy na oyinye....ur kid brother mate don do something good for this great NIGERIA to vote u no fit come dey open mouth ...u must be a FLATRON if u no get the meaning u better ask me ooooo...

This is exactly what we are preaching against? Now you are turning it into a Yoruba-Igbo thing. Quit tribalism man! We would be saying the same thing if Orji was Yoruba! Let's make Nigeria better!
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 9:42am On Nov 12, 2015
oyindare:

The world would be a better place if we can leave sentiments out of everything we do, the Nigerian guy now has a better change to make it in life with or without the best goal award, I voted the guy already. Who won the best goal award at the last U-17? I bet you don't know without the help of google.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oyindare(m): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2015
Jesumed:

This is exactly what we are preaching against? Now you are turning it into a Yoruba-Igbo thing. Quit tribalism man! We would be saying the same thing if Orji was Yoruba! Let's make Nigeria better!
u no get M B ?ask google now u no get problem with tribalism abi?come to think of it thank GOd am an igbo man who married a yoruba woman from ile-igbo in osun state... See me get ur time this morning I don make money this morning that I can go home and have fun not like u wan say with out the gov u no fit eat..ur brain no get serial number so I no go follow u talk again self...
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 12, 2015
oyindare:
u no get M B ?ask google now u no get problem with tribalism abi?come to think of it thank GOd am an igbo man who married a yoruba woman from ile-igbo in osun state... See me get ur time this morning I don make money this morning that I can go home and have fun not like u wan say with out the gov u no fit eat..ur brain no get serial number so I no go follow u talk again self...

Now that you have succeeded in showcasing the kind of home training you received by throwing abusive words at me; I hope you are satisfied?

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by ishiamu(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:
Why do we even have to vote when its obvious we would be biased in our voting? Na so Madrid fans see Naymar goal finish say there's nothing spectacular in it, FIFA should just give it to whoever they like jare.

What's spectacular about neymar's goal please??
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:48am On Nov 12, 2015
Nooooo Sir...... Pls, don't get it twisted.

Both are Nigerians. Orji fought on the field and scored this goal for the Green and White of Nigeria...... NOT BIAFRA OR WHATEVER.

*smiles*

One Love man.......

justmenoni:
Op one is a Nigerian and the other is a Biafra,if we vote the Biafra guy now I'm sure his Biafra brothers will acclaim the achievement later as theirs, all the same I'll go cast my vote for him.now..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uruguay Vs Russia: World Cup (3 - 0) On 25th June 2018 / Harry Maguire Dropped As Manchester United Captain / Real Madrid To End Pogba Chase If They Land £700,000-a-week Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.