Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State (3161 Views)

Presidency Speaks On Senate’s Demand For Magu’s Removal As EFCC Boss / Asawana Deadly Force Of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands Sovereign State / What We Need Is A Sovereign State, Not Pipeline Contracts – Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2015
In Portharcourt on Tuesday, I watched the protest live from the safety of my friend's car. We both were shocked at the crudeness on display.

I thought on these twelve short points and I'll like to draw my Igbo brothers' attention to them. Let's reason together.

1) First of all, I am a Nigerian. I believe in the sovereignty and indivisibility of our country; the giant of Africa.

2) I am Igbo by tribe, but I do not wish to use this space to endorse the Biafra struggle. This is because of the reaons you'll soon see below.

Are the Biafran claims legitimate? Yes!

But do I support how they're going about it? No
. They are only creating hardship for our traders, creating more hatred for we Igbos who work in National institutions and public cooperations.

3) We must ask ourselves salient questions: Who are the leaders and strategists behind these seccesion movement? Are they responsible thought leaders? Are they people who have succeeded in their own right as leaders and captains of industries or are they a bunch of bitter, directionless, disgruntled elements looking for gain or who to pass on the blame for their failures in life?

4) I'll say this once, may be till another opportunity comes. This movement is being spearheaded by jobless graduates and traders facing a backlash of the recent austerity measures put in place by the new government due to dwindling oil prices in the international market.

However, successful Igbo traders in Lagos and Abuja and Kaduna, academicians, career civil servants and policticians of Igbo extraction care less.

5) I have not heard Slok boss, Capital Oil boss, Coscharis boss, Innoson, Chikason, Ibeto, TREM bishop, and top celebrities of Igbo origin with national appeal; not forgetting millions of other successful Igbo traders who have investments worth billions of naira in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Portharcourt, Jos and Kano promoting Biafra.

God has blessed their hustle. Pray that God will bless your own hustle too so you won't rise up to blame another person for your failures.

6) Is Nigeria really our problem in the south east? In what specific ways? There are bad roads in the south west, north west, south east, south south, everywhere. Our challenges are not peculiar to us. Our collective problem in Nigeria is bad leadership, no more no less.

Will this get better with a Biafran country? The probability is half! How far have our own governors gone in fixing our roads and paying workers' salaries as at when due? States like Abia state has been written off by its residents and indigenes alike. Perhaps it is an Hausa man's fault or a Yoruba man's fault too. Who knows!

How many of our South Eastern governors have created massive job opporrunities for the teeming graduates being turned out each year? Nigeria has a projected population of about 170 million people. It is estimated that there are about 15 million Igbos living outside the five core eastern states, with about 4 million alone in Lagos. Where are the jobs in the South East for these people who will experience a bitter reprisal movement by the Nigerian government when we have our Biafra which will force them out of their places of abode back home. Can they be contained here?

As you take to the streets to protest, think outside the box first.

Could it be that we are our own problem? Have we addressed our problems of greed, kidnapping, hatred for one another? Have you not heard the proverb among the Igbo people that if you see a snake and an Mbaise man, kill the Mbaise man first before the snake? Have you heard about the Osu caste system and how they are avoided like plague? No one wants to marry them, except among themselves. I can go on and on.

How much have our senators represented us? Any visible constituency project? If these people can loot with brazen impunity in Nigeria with strong institutions as the police, judiciary, EFCC, ICPC, NDLEA, etc, don't even begin to think of how they will loot with freedom in baby Biafra. Who will stop them? You? Dream on.

7) OK. I've seen a map of the 25 provinces of Biafra. I laughed till I had no more strength to laugh. Imagine Warri, Yenegoa, Portharcourt, Benin city, Eket, Ogoja, Uyo, on our map. Are our expectations realistic at all?

8.) I work for a multinational health agency and I have stayed for weeks and months in Warri, Yenegoa, Benin city and Portharcourt. I have interacted with the people on the street and anyone who promotes the talk of Biafra happened to be a core Igbo man from any of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo. I can summarily say that the talk of Niger Deltans leaving Nigeria to follow Igbos to form a new nation is laughable. They will rather demand for Niger Delta Republic than trust Igbos. They don't want to be part of this!

9) If Biafra is thus about the five south eastern states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo, then we must brace ourselves because we're on a long thing. It seems we've been deceived through the stirring of our emotions by someone who is making cool pounds sterling and American dollars in far away UK by just talking into some gadgets from the comfort of his room.

I learnt financial donations keep pouring in for Radio Biafra's Nnamdi Kanu. Dude has discovered a cool business idea. After all, he is an Igbo man, a son of the soil so money must be made. Lol.

While he is receiving financial donations in hard currency to do nothing in particular, some misguided and misinformed traders are closing their shops for protest. (Shaking my head).

10) But on the other hand, the Nigerian government must call Ohaneze Ndigbo and other influencers in Igbo land (I mean academicians, top civil servants, policticians and captains of industries) to the negotiation table at the State House so that ways to curtail this uprising that threatens our collective peace can be discussed.

Their agenda should include looking into the total breakdown of infrasture in the south east (roads, airports, universities, etc). Work on second Niger bridge must be hastened, visibly! Friendly policies that favour businessmen must be formulated because the Igbo man is a trader; inherently. Import waivers should be encouraged and custom duties relaxed.

Buhari and his new cabinet should go to work immediately. The ministries headed by Fashola, Okechukwu Emenalah, Dr Chris Ngige, and Rotimi Amaechi are key.

11) I believe in Nigeria. Millions of Igbo people are making billions of naira in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, Jos, Kaduna and Kano. They have risen above hate and helplessness.

12) Pray that God blesses your own hustle too so you won't cast blames on another person for your failures tommorrow.

God bless Nigeria.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by HoLEEsinner: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2015
Please do
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by kingslly(m): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2015
Well said bro,am Igbo and am not against the agitation for a Sovereign state of Biafra but what am not comfortable with is the Pple behind dis struggle and the way they are going about it(no reasonbale strategy at all,they are just reacting). Am just not comfortable with the calibre of pple agitating for Biafra because the ones I knw personally are either cultists or suspected cultists that just feel and believe they'll be I charge once there is Biafra because their fellow cultist is at the top. Let's fight to get it right in the Nigeria settings and not fight to run away,we can neva get it right in Biafra if we don't first of all get it right in Nigeria. We can start by joining forces with other ethnic Nationalities who are agitating for the De-centralisation of Power and the implementation of the recommendation of the National Conference that was organised by the GEJ's government!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2015
kingslly:
Well said bro,am Igbo and am not against the agitation for a Sovereign state of Biafra but what am not comfortable with is the Pple behind dis struggle and the way they are going about it(no reasonbale strategy at all,they are just reacting). Am just not comfortable with the calibre of pple agitating for Biafra because the ones I knw personally are either cultists or suspected cultists that just feel and believe they'll be I charge once there is Biafra because their fellow cultist is at the top. angry
Exactly my fear. The agitators are mainly street boys, cultists and cultist-wannabes. I can't trust my future with this present set of people agitating for Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by kossyablaze(m): 7:59am On Nov 12, 2015
All I need is true federalism in this country.
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by EternalTruths: 8:03am On Nov 12, 2015
UN REFERENDUM

Will determine our fate

Give unto Biafra what was given to the Scots cool

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2015
kossyablaze:
All I need is true federalism in this country.
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
[size=1pt]I have seen how Biafran agitators are going about their business of pushing for freedom of self determination and rule. In Portharcourt on Tuesday, I watched the protest live from the safety of my friend's car. We were both shocked at the crudeness on display.
I have these fifteen short points I'll like to draw my Igbo brothers' attention to. Let's reason together.

1) First of all, I am a Nigerian. I believe in the sovereignty and indivisibility of our country; the giant of Africa.
2) The almagation of the Northern and Southern proctorates in 1914 by Lord Fredrich Lugard has been termed an unholy marriage in some quatres in different times, by different leaders of thought. I cannot agree less.
3) A nation has been defined as a group of people with same culture (language, dressing, food, etc) and religion existing together within a geographical space. Nigeria is not a nation; agreed! We have have a lot of differences among us. Several people in times past have mounted on this to stir messages of hate, division, polictical chauvaunism and manipulation, etc.
4) In this line, we have on our hands in recent weeks, the agitation by some people of mainly Igbo extraction of the South Eastern part of Nigeria who are vigourously agitating for their rights to self determination and rule.
5) Yes, I am Igbo, but I do not wish to use my space to endorse how they're going about this Biafra struggle.

Do I support Biafran claims? Yes!

But do I support how they're going about it? No. We are creating hardship for traders, creating more hatred for Igbos who work in National institutions and public cooperations. I stand for peace, unity, equity, and progress in the one entity, Nigeria.

6) We must ask ourselves salient questions: Who are the leaders and strategists behind these seccesion movement? Are they responsible thought leaders? Are they people who have succeeded in their own right as leaders and captains of industries or are they a bunch of bitter, directionless, disgruntled elements looking for gain or who to pass on the blame for their failures in life?
7) I'll say this once, may be till another opportunity comes. This movement is being spearheaded by jobless graduates and traders facing a backlash of the recent austerity measures put in place by the new government due to dwindling oil prices in the international market.

However, successful Igbo traders in Lagos and Abuja and Kaduna, academicians, career civil servants and policticians of Igbo extraction care less.

7) I have not heard Slok boss, Capital Oil boss, Coscharis boss, Innoson, Chikason, Ibeto, TREM bishop, musicians with national appeal in the market and millions of other successful Igbo people who have investments worth billions of naira in Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Portharcourt, Jos and Kano promoting Biafra.

God has blessed their hustle. Pray that God will bless your own hustle too so you won't rise up to blame another person for your failures.
8.) Is Nigeria really our problem in the south east? In what specific ways? There are bad roads in the south west, north west, south east, south south, everywhere. Our challenges are not peculiar to us. Our collective problem in Nigeria is bad leadership, no more no less.

Will this get better with a Biafran country? The probability is half! How far have our own governors gone in fixing our roads and paying workers' salaries as at when due? States like Abia state has been written off by its residents and indigenes alike. Perhaps it is an Hausa man's fault or a Yoruba man's fault too. Who knows!

How many of our South Eastern governors have created massive job opporrunities for the teeming graduates being turned out each year? Nigeria has a projected population of about 170 million people. It is estimated that there are about 15 million Igbos living outside the five core eastern states, with about 3 million alone in Lagos. Where are the jobs in the South East for these people who will experience a bitter reprisal movement by the Nigerian government when we have our Biafra which will force them out of their places of abode back home. Can they be contained here.

As you take to the streets to protest, think outside the box first.

Could it be that we are our own problem? Have we addressed our problems of greed, kidnapping, hatred for one another? Have you not heard the proverb among the Igbo people that if you see a snake and an Mbaise man, kill the Mbaise man first before the snake? Have you heard about the Osu caste system and how they are avoided like plague? No one wants to marry them, except among themselves. I can go on and on.
How much have our senators represented us? Any visible constituency project? If these people can loot with brazen impunity in Nigeria with strong institutions as the police, judiciary, EFCC, ICPC, NDLEA, etc, don't even begin to think of how they will loot with freedom in baby Biafra. Who will stop them? You? Dream on.

10) OK. I've seen a map of the 25 provinces of Biafra. I laughed till I had no more strength to laugh. Imagine Warri, Yenegoa, Portharcourt, Benin city, Eket, Ogoja, Uyo, on our map. Are our expectations realistic at all?

11) I work for a multinational health agency and I have stayed for weeks and months in Warri, Yenegoa, Benin city and Portharcourt. I have interacted with the people on the street and anyone who promotes the talk of Biafra happened to be a core Igbo man from any of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo. I can summarily say that the talk of Niger Deltans leaving Nigeria to follow Igbos to form a new nation is laughable. They will rather demand for Niger Delta Republic than trust Igbos. They don't want to be part of this!
If you get what I'm driving at, you should know that the hope of huge oil revenue for the new country is simply a busy-body talk!
12) If Biafra is thus about the five south eastern states of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo, then we must brace ourselves because we're on a long thing. It seems we've been deceived through the stirring of our emotions by someone who is making cool pounds sterling and American dollars in far away UK by just talking into some gadgets from the comfort of his room.
I learnt financial donations keep pouring in for Radio Biafra's Nnamdi Kanu. Dude has discovered a cool business idea. After all, he is an Igbo man, a son of the soil so money must be made. Lol.
While he is receiving financial donations in hard currency to do nothing in particular, some misguided and misinformed traders are closing their shops for protest. (Shaking my head).
13) But on the other hand, the Nigerian government must call Ohaneze Ndigbo and other influencers in Igbo land (I mean academicians, top civil servants, policticians and captains of industries) to the negotiation table at the State House so that ways to curtail this uprising that threatens our collective peace can be discussed.
Their agenda should include looking into the total breakdown of infrasture in the south east (roads, airports, universities, etc). Work on second Niger bridge must be hastened, visibly! Friendly policies that favour businessmen must be formulated because the Igbo man is a trader; inherently. Import waivers should be encouraged and custom duties relaxed.

Buhari and his new cabinet should go to work immediately. The ministries headed by Fashola, Okechukwu Emenalah, Dr Chris Ngige, and Rotimi Amaechi are key.

14) I believe in Nigeria. Millions of Igbo people are making billions of naira in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt, Jos, Kaduna and Kano. They have risen above hate and helplessness.

15) Pray that God blesses your own hustle too so you won't cast blames on another person for your failures tommorrow.

God bless Nigeria.[/size]

vicenzo:
That was and remain the policy upon which one Nigeria was built, economic and political strangulation of Igboland was the agenda of the "victors".

[b]Whenever you see an Igbo man shouting one Nigeria, 3 things are involved:

1. He is mentally retarded and should in that case be forgiven.

2. He has selfish interests to protect in Nigeria, it doesn't matter if the rest of his people burns and are denigrated, as one Nigeria must be preserved to serve his selfish interests, which might range from political, emotional( love) , economic and other senseless interests

3. He has no knowledge of his Igbo history. You know they don't teach history in Nigerian schools. His Nigerian education system failed him, and worst still, his parents failed him, for not teaching him about the history of his people. He ultimately gets to learn the  history of his people through outsiders and detractors, and of course the version of history they give him is a false one albeit anti- Igbo, so he develops self hate for himself and his group. We have many of them on NL. This happens more to Igbos born and raised in Lagos and other non Igbo parts of Nigeria.

Any mentally stable, unselfish Igbo man who knows the history of Igbo people in Nigeria, is innately Biafran to the core.

He might disagree with methods used by Igbo groups to achieve Biafra, but he is never pro Nigerian, Never! [/b]

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 12, 2015
xtrorse:

Someone's writeup:

In saner climes the great evils and injustices being perpetrated by the born-to-rule bigots and their Southern stooges can never be tolerated or cordoned; the whites can't tolerate such display of arrogance. Pray, tell, a country that is managing evils and injustices, and is still experiencing development?

If for over 50 years of waiting and hoping for a better Nigeria have been fruitless with so many innocent people being sacrificed and still being sacrificed then it proved that the Nigerian project cannot work.
Britain made a fundamental error to join strange bedfellows - ethnic nationalities who have different aspirations and irreconcilable value systems. Keeping quiet and docile and feigning ignorance of the grave situation in the polity is a greater evil itself.

India, Pakistan and Bangladesh were once a country created by the same British. Knowing that they cannot stay put together because India is predominantly Hindu, Pakistan Muslim and Bangladesh was more or less poor, they had to seek their separate nations.
The earlier the reality is dawned on the citizenry to do the needful the better for everyone.
Many confused fellows main wish is for Nigeria to continue to manage staying put in a cesspit, for the sake of false unity of 'One Nigeria'.

Some Southerners are still managing to stay in the North against their wish. Some are there to answer the national call, and have ended up getting swallowed up in the bloodshed and carnage of the day.

Many Southern stooges believe the only way to allow our ethnic diferences work in Nigeria is to allow the Feudal Islamic Fulanis rape your women, kill your children, pillage your land, destroy your ecosystem, put an emirate on your land and then convert you to their murderous, blood-thirsty religion of Islam. Biafrans are the only ones who have resisted the Hausa-Fulanis and their Yoruba slaves (who have met the conditions for peace already by having Emir imposed on them in their land).

Biafrans can never meet the Hausa-Fulanis conditions for One Nigeria, and Hausa-Fulanis do not desire a Nigeria free of injustice. There can't be peace with feudals wanting to rule over Republicans forever.

One truth you must take note is that Biafrans do not make good slaves. The whites can bear you witness.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 11:04am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:
UN REFERENDUM

Will determine our fate

Give unto Biafra what was given to the Scots cool
They went about it same way we're going about ours?
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Pavore9: 11:24am On Nov 12, 2015
A refreshing read. Not keying into the present strategy does not make us less Igbo just as Jews who are not adherents of Christ's teachings have never had their ancestry questioned as many closed minds l have been unfortunate to come across have questioned my identity because l choose not to have Nnamdi Kanu's words feed my mind.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by patrick89(m): 11:25am On Nov 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
Exactly my fear. The agitators are mainly street boys, cultists and cultist-wannabes. I can't trust my future with this present set of people agitating for Biafra.

most of you are just ordinary book smart people that can write english without a deep wisdom!
those you called tout, are the one that would lay down their lives for you to live!
when a cartoon is drawn in far away Denmark, do those vultures kill these cultists? no they kill and butcher ajebota like you! infact you will run at the back of these cultists for your safety! must you guys show the world you infantile reasoning?
if you go to north central esp plateau state you understand how things work in this demonic contraption! imagine igbos are filled with people like you? who would physically fight? most of you don't have common sense! why does tinubu habour agberos? do you know knwhy they enrich agberos and opc?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by simplycarro: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2015
OP is,a,Yoloba! Gereeeehiaaameen!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 11:53am On Nov 12, 2015
patrick89:

most of you are just ordinary book smart people that can write english without a deep wisdom!
those you called tout, are the one that would lay down their lives for you to live!
when a cartoon is drawn in far away Denmark, do those vultures kill these cultists? no they kill and butcher ajebota like you! infact you will run at the back of these cultists for your safety! must you guys show the world you infantile reasoning?
if you go to north central esp plateau state you understand how things work in this demonic contraption! imagine igbos are filled with people like you? who would physically fight? most of you don't have common sense! why does tinubu habour agberos? do you know knwhy they enrich agberos and opc?

You've made your point.

Its so senseless, void of 21st century reasoning.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 11:55am On Nov 12, 2015
patrick89:

You've made your point.

Its so senseless, void of 21st century reasoning. The UN charter has rules on how to go about this. You start by mobilising the grassroot people at the counties/wards, who continously meet to reach a decision which is relayed through their polictical representives to the Congress/National Assembly.

Who secceeds by creating chaos and fights in 21st century?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2015
simplycarro:
OP is,a,Yoloba! Gereeeehiaaameen!!
I'm a full blooded Igbo man bro.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by meezynetwork(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
Being a hard core igbo, I can say that Biafran dream can never be accomplished with the current state of things. Igbos are better off in Nigeria. What we should be fighting for should be total federalism. Creating another Lagos in Southeast. But Igbos being the "oka cha mara" will never agree to one thing. That is why today we have some for and against biafra. Biafra would have been good but Nigeria with federalism is the best. Igbos have many problems ranging from disunity among themselves, hatred for one another, selfishness, arrogance, etc. Igbos are the only set of people that will go to a foreign land and feel comfortable, building mansions and company. Why? Because if he builds it in his village or home state, he will be tackled with the bring him down syndrome. They don't encourage their own upcoming companies though the appreciate the already accomplished companies owned by them in foreign lands. So tell me how Biafra will be good for them?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by simplycarro: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
You've made your point.

Its so senseless, void of 21st century reasoning. The UN charter has rules on how to go about this. You start by mobilising the grassroot people at the counties/wards, who continously meet to reach a decision which is relayed through their polictical representives to the Congress/National Assembly.

Who secceeds by creating chaos and fights in 21st century?

The dude you replied is agberroo, a tout that believes more in brawn than brain. He is going to wear you out with the promise of fire and brimstone against Nigeria from the comfort of his one bedroom apartment somewhere in the East.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by meezynetwork(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Just imagine if the millions of houses and companies owned by Igbos were sited in igbo land, won't the level of real estate in igbo land increase? Igbos been blessed as travellers and businessmen, should had been bringing back their returns to the region and live moderately in other people's region to avoid envy.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
meezynetwork:
Just imagine if the millions of houses and companies owned by Igbos were sited in igbo land, won't the level of real estate in igbo land increase? Igbos been blessed as travellers and businessmen, should had been bringing back their returns to the region and live moderately in other people's region to avoid envy.
how do you expect this to happen when the Igbos are full of hate and dis unity. Esp. Those of them in the village. Some persons don't even visit their village because of high level of hatred.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
Op, with this few points listed. You've been able to convince and not confuse me that true federalism is partially better than biafra.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Pavore9: 2:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
mentorandfriend:
I'm a full blooded Igbo man bro.

There they go, once one's thought is outside Nnamdi Kanu's ideologies and strategies your ancestry will be questioned! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by patrick89(m): 2:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
simplycarro:

The dude you replied is agberroo, a tout that believes more in brawn than brain. He is going to wear you out with the promise of fire and brimstone against Nigeria from the comfort of his one bedroom apartment somewhere in the East.
hahaha mulatto your Latino dad is already 99.9 years
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by simplycarro: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
patrick89:
hahaha mulatto your Latino dad is already 99.9 years

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by simplycarro: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pavore9:

There they go, once one's thought is outside Nnamdi Kanu's ideologies and strategies your ancestry will be questioned! cheesy cheesy cheesy

You of all people show be able to spot sarcasm if you see one cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by obailala(m): 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
kingslly:
Well said bro,am Igbo and am not against the agitation for a Sovereign state of Biafra but what am not comfortable with is the Pple behind dis struggle and the way they are going about it(no reasonbale strategy at all,they are just reacting). Am just not comfortable with the calibre of pple agitating for Biafra because the ones I knw personally are either cultists or suspected cultists that just feel and believe they'll be I charge once there is Biafra because their fellow cultist is at the top. Let's fight to get it right in the Nigeria settings and not fight to run away,we can neva get it right in Biafra if we don't first of all get it right in Nigeria. We can start by joining forces with other ethnic Nationalities who are agitating for the De-centralisation of Power and the implementation of the recommendation of the National Conference that was organised by the GEJ's government!
The bolded is a more realistic and sincere and beneficial target. I say it's more achievable because this is an agitation that would excite the entire SS and SW and large parts of the middle-belt to happily join in the protests until it is actualised. I do not understand why no one is clamouring for this instead.

3 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Pavore9: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
simplycarro:

You of all people show be able to spot sarcasm if you see one cheesy grin

Nothing do you my brother! grin grin grin
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by simplycarro: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pavore9:

Nothing do you my brother! grin grin grin

I've seen several instances where your own Igboness had been questioned by those same people that want to determine who is Igbo and who is not., simply because the other guy bring forward a different opinion.
Those your brothers are addleheads grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Pavore9: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
simplycarro:

I've seen several instances where your own Igboness had been questioned by those same people that want to determine who is Igbo and who is not., simply because the other guy bring forward a different opinion.
Those your brothers are addleheads grin cheesy

Well every family has its own mix of characters!

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by mentorandfriend(m): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pavore9:

I tire for our people. Its quite appalling.
Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by Olabestonic001(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
xtrorse:

sure! you are cultist has op has said. You comments are devoid of sound reasoning but rather you are hate-filled and a never do well. With comments of idiots like you, I nearly hate my prospective in-laws but having rapport with who is who in Igbo land, I must confessed I'm ashamed of myself for joining issues with your ilk. Miscreants like you have no future and the only future you can create is crisis-filled. You can now continue as others match on in destiny while you cry foul play. I never knew you are a never-do-well.

MAY GOD SAVE YOUR SOUL!

5 Likes

Re: My Thoughts On The Nascent Biafrian Demand For A Sovereign State by laudate: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
meezynetwork:
Being a hard core igbo, I can say that Biafran dream can never be accomplished with the current state of things. Igbos are better off in Nigeria. What we should be fighting for should be total federalism. Creating another Lagos in Southeast. But Igbos being the "oka cha mara" will never agree to one thing. That is why today we have some for and against biafra. Biafra would have been good but Nigeria with federalism is the best. Igbos have many problems ranging from disunity among themselves, hatred for one another, selfishness, arrogance, etc. Igbos are the only set of people that will go to a foreign land and feel comfortable, building mansions and company. Why? Because if he builds it in his village or home state, he will be tackled with the bring him down syndrome. They don't encourage their own upcoming companies though the appreciate the already accomplished companies owned by them in foreign lands. So tell me how Biafra will be good for them?

Eziokwu!! shocked Nwoke m, you talk am well! cool Let us hope the misguided souls that have been brainwashed by that albino, find a way to retrace their steps...

Daalu zi! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are Those People Rejoicing That Their Salary Was Paid On 25th Last Month? / 2019: A Strong Case For Nigerian President Of Igbo Extraction. / A Biafran Who Lost Hands Still Holds Flag In Tears PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.