Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,885 members, 7,814,000 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police (24409 Views)

Buhari Presents A Gift To Arase, Outgoing IG Of Police ( Photos) / MTN Fueled Boko Haram Insurgency - President Buhari / Expert Says Nigeria's Strategy In Tackling Insurgency Has Improved - CHANNELS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by klassicview: 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
ur power dey for armless peaceful protesters if Boko shoot one bullet them go run. Nigerian police is a joke all the known how to do is to intimidate innocent citizens.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by seangy4konji: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
am sorry but that man is talking nonsense unless they want to start collecting compensation monis for people who did not die but will include them on paper as they do in ministries....Ghost workers...2000 workers working under a parastatal and salaries received for workers is 35000...

90k people kehow many people died in Iraq WAR self all join together not talking of civilian population

You will hear later that they are trying to pay the widows of this 90 000 people so they can start including ghost names....

May God forgive you if you joke with the demise of people who truly died serving our mother land...
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by gurunlocker: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
IGP don turn lie Muhammad?
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by mentorken05(m): 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
I think 90000 is a scam....the fight between Boko Haram and the police didn't last for long before state of emergency was declared in those states...I think Boko Haram have killed more soldiers than police and I also think the total loss of lives taken by Boko Haram is not up to 90000
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by vicnairaland: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
I don't think it's 90,000, how many do we have in the entire police force. I think it's a mistake. Perhaps he wanted to say 9,000 even that is still high.

2005 Ford Explorer, clean Title for just N1.2m call 08033320508.

Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Kangol99(m): 8:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
Shaiiii......many people don go ooo. Na God make me I still dey today. Thank you lord!
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by SmartMugu: 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
Quick questions,

1. If 90,000 policemen died, then how many members of Nigerian military died? Or is the Nigerian Navy, Airforce and Navy considered policemen too?

2. How come no one ever heard of the police combating Boko-haram? Instead, they combat with civilians for the bribes they want on the roads.

3. Can Arase explain the relationship between BH and police? We have never heard of policemen in Sambisa forest, yet the states he mentioned don't have that many policemen assigned to them.

4. How many policemen does the nation have and how many of them only stay at checkpoints collecting bribes from civilians?

5. 90,000 police casualties appears over-inflated. Can Arase tally that with the existing Nigeria Police workforce that exist today?

6. Is Arase now the spokesman for Nigerian military as well as police casualties? If so, then does Buratai report his army casualties to Arase now?

7. Is this an attempt to cover-up existing ghost-workers in the NPF? It's easy to say those the NPF has been paying for years died in the hands of Boko-haram, and now the money has to keep coming in because "NPF pays to support in scholarships for their kids".

8. Is Arase the best option Nigeria has for this position?

Thanks
SmartMugu
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by WIZGUY69(m): 8:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
EasternPride:
Make I no talk anything sha, If it was in the 60s, dem for use blockade kill everybody in NE.....bt since they can't boko is whooping their asses upandan.

How many army own go be? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided undecided

the way some of you iPod youth think is irritating.
do you think there are no iboe officers among the 90_k?
coz it seems you are happy with the news.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by blank(f): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
emperorzz:
And d country is stil galivanting about lik dey dnt kno dey are @ war. 90,000 soldiers...oh goodness!

90000 policemen not soldiers. Soldiers will probably be 1m. They should continue with their lies. Or was it a slip of the pen/mouth.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by wiseoneking: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Emekamex:
I thought Boko Haram's total kill is around 30000; how did 90000 come up?
Nna check out that. I will doubt him even if he said 9000. Funny Arase, hope he is in his right mind.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Moreoffaith(m): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hmm what is total number of Nigerian Police? Abi Na 9k e wan talk ni... Well Rip to them.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Eluwilussit(m): 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
NPF too dey lie. Haba!
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by dustydee: 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hope he knows how to count?
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Eluwilussit(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
wiseoneking:
Nna check out that. I will doubt him even if he said 9000. Funny Arase, hope he is in his right mind.

Dude wey don smoke ughelli weed finish, come dey count double double. How many police dey sef? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
emperorzz:
And d country is stil galivanting about lik dey dnt kno dey are @ war. 90,000 soldiers...oh goodness!
Na police officers oh...oga..read small..abi na understanding hard sef?
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Joel3(m): 8:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
lie

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by holiboy: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Na now I know say lying is part of police training, please help me ask IG say how many police dey this country way BH don kill @90000.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by pazienza(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
You need to visit Nigerian Army Barracks, it's currently filled up with widows instead of soldiers, I have friends in 82 division and 103 battalion at Enugu here.

Boko haram has decimated the Nigerian military, it's so bad that when the list for those posted for Borno come out, their wives would start weeping, because most don't come back.
Also many wise soldiers sent to Borno abscond once they get there and are declared missing, not many are willing to die for Nigeria, the Nigerian Army had noticed too, so most of the soldiers sent to Borno who were declared missing without their dead bodies found, they have refused to pay off their families, fearing that they are still alive, and the whole thing is now affecting women who their husbands died in combat for real but no dead bodies found as they are made to suffer the same fate with those whose husbands absconded.
The result is that the troops are poorly motivated when they see how the families of their dead colleagues are treated.

The Nigerian Army Barracks are also filled with handicapped soldiers who lost parts of their body during the fight with Boko and have since been declared non combatants.

There are equally issues of delayed salary, as the soldiers are no longer paid as and when due since the crude oil global prices nose dived.

It's a total mess .

Many Nigerians don't know the current state of the NA, the NPF death census will be a child's play, if those of the NA are released.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Goldencollins: 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
politricks:
In a hurry to make sense, you ended up saying trash. Please tell us the meaning of your last sentence or are you an alien?
you are the alien,u foolish sycophant
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by mrhipup(m): 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
exaggeration........ u'll hear from Baba
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by dignity33: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
How many are the number of policemen in Nigeria, pathlogical lair this are effort to compasate all north eastern people who lost their life include boko haram in the name of police. Northernization
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Mekyno(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
jmoore:
I doubt the figures.
i bliv he was meant to say, 9,000 or dat d source made a mistake wen writing d report by adding Zero.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
hmmm...
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Mekyno(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
pazienza:
You need to visit Nigerian Army Barracks, it's currently filled up with widows instead of soldiers, I have friends in 82 division and 102 battalion at Enugu here.

Boko haram has decimated the Nigerian military, it's so bad that when the list for those posted for Borno come out, their wives would start weeping, because most don't come back.
Also many wise soldiers sent to Borno abscond once they get there and are declared missing, not many are willing to die for Nigeria, the Nigerian Army had noticed too, so most of the soldiers sent to Borno who were declared missing without their dead bodies found, they have refused to pay off their families, fearing that they are still alive, and the whole thing is now affecting women who their husbands died in combat for real but no dead bodies found as they are made to suffer the same fate with those whose husbands absconded.
The result is that the troops are poorly motivated when they see how the families of their dead colleagues are treated.

The Nigerian Army Barracks are also filled with handicapped soldiers who lost parts of their body during the fight with Boko and have since been declared non combatants.

There are equally issues of delayed salary, as the soldiers are no longer paid as and when due since the crude oil global prices nose dived.

It's a total mess .

Many Nigerians don't know the current state of the NA, the NPF death census will be a child's play, if those of the NA are released.
chai.....so chilling n so pathetic.
Zero morale due to condition of service n pooooor pay.
Boko haram dey use beta weapon, charm, beta pay frm their n beta training for sm/most of them.
Lord, hav mercy on ur ppl
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
This is the saddest news i have read today.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by sammychimex(m): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
90000. Hmmm dats outrageous. Either o.p is wrong or the IGPor both. How many civilians comebdie kwanu.
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by babadee1(m): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
This is a ridiculous statement coming from the IG. That's more than six times the total estimated number of Boko Haram casualties. This man just embarrassed himself by quoting such a figure. How many police officers do we have in Nigeria that 90,000 can be killed by Boko Haram alone?
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by texzola(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
Unbelievable" This is pure beer parlour talk" It's so sad it's coming from a whole IG of police!! Hiss...
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
yet only kano was getting millions in d just concluded presidential election..xo..... who and who voted just asking ohh
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by riczy(m): 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
The total no of police menis nt up to 90,000! solo jux day call figure anyhow!
Re: Boko Haram Insurgency Has Claimed 90,000 Officers So Far – IG Of Police by mysticwarrior(m): 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
The entire officers in the Nigerian police force stationed in Bornu, Gombe, Adamawa and yobe are not up to 50000, the nigerian police force is magnifying the figures of officers who lost their lives in the hands of insurgents.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xerona Donald Duke Playing Guitar (Photo) / Court Restrains DSS, Malami From Arresting Sunday Igboho / Ayu Dodges Wike, Sends NWC Members To Meet Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.