Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola (44009 Views)

Bukola Saraki Meets With Babatunde Fashola (Photos) / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Ministerial Nominee, Babatunde Fashola’s CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by hishuula10: 11:11am On Nov 14, 2015
Thanks
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by Toks2008(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2015
This reminds me of an Article i wrote before the guber elections this year.

Tinubu godfather-ism A blessing or a curse to Lagos state.

Political godfather-ism can not be exempted from politics all over the world and this should not be an issue.

What we should look at is the ability of these godfathers to follow due process in ensuring that their choice candidate succeeds in winning the elective position.

In Lagos state,over the years many quarters have held the notion that Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu’s “godfather-ism” is more akin to that of unscrupulous mafia dons.

Tinubu’s “godfather-ism” to these set means candidates for public office of his political party are not elected by popular vote but selected from Tinubu’s bedroom and then imposed on the party. They are then held under a tight leash by the Jagaban and are required to do his bidding on pain of being summarily replaced or impeached.

The question I keep asking the crusader of these funny and seemingly awkward assertion is this; does Tinubu have a hypnotic power to control the minds of these party members? OF-COURSE NOT.

I think what Tinubu does is that he meticulously analyses an individual within the party based on credibility and presents such to the party and does not impose or blackmail anyone to vote for such but uses the apparatus within his reach to foster his choice into coming out tops.

I would say that the "godfather-ism" of Tinubu have come out as a great blessing to Lagos state due to his ability to recognize a credible and efficient candidate as we have evidently seen in the person of Governor Fashola who turned Lagos state around and made Lagos the envy of every other states and also raised the bar so high that APC governors across Nigeria are known for excellent performance

In like manner, I believe that the emergence of Akinwunmi Ambode as the APC flag-bearer and subsequently the next governor of Lagos state will definitely bring about even a greater and more excellent governance.

I will not want to forget the rumored rift between Governor Fashola and Tinubu and if this is true then it even gets better because this goes a long way to show that these presumed “godsons” are not just excellent executives but are not also a push over for any one.

In conclusion, I would say that the “godfather-ism” of Tinubu if indeed it is what people call it,have been a blessing for Lagos and will continue to be a blessing and until we see a reason to discredit it, we will continue to vote for APC to take charge of the affairs in Lagos state for many years to come not because there is a presumed godfather somewhere but because Lagosians have realized that the representatives of this party are result oriented.

https://www.nairaland.com/2047114/tinubu-godfather-ism-blessing-curse-lagos

1 Like

Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by sunerie: 11:25am On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=Firefire post=40005808][/quote]u jst say my mind
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by observer777(m): 11:38am On Nov 14, 2015
Jagaban Bola Ahmed Tinubu- man of the people.
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by specco(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Toks2008:
This reminds me of an Article i wrote before the guber elections this year.

Tinubu godfather-ism A blessing or a curse to Lagos state.

Political godfather-ism can not be exempted from politics all over the world and this should not be an issue.

What we should look at is the ability of these godfathers to follow due process in ensuring that their choice candidate succeeds in winning the elective position.

In Lagos state,over the years many quarters have held the notion that Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu’s “godfather-ism” is more akin to that of unscrupulous mafia dons.

Tinubu’s “godfather-ism” to these set means candidates for public office of his political party are not elected by popular vote but selected from Tinubu’s bedroom and then imposed on the party. They are then held under a tight leash by the Jagaban and are required to do his bidding on pain of being summarily replaced or impeached.

The question I keep asking the crusader of these funny and seemingly awkward assertion is this; does Tinubu have a hypnotic power to control the minds of these party members? OF-COURSE NOT.

I think what Tinubu does is that he meticulously analyses an individual within the party based on credibility and presents such to the party and does not impose or blackmail anyone to vote for such but uses the apparatus within his reach to foster his choice into coming out tops.

I would say that the "godfather-ism" of Tinubu have come out as a great blessing to Lagos state due to his ability to recognize a credible and efficient candidate as we have evidently seen in the person of Governor Fashola who turned Lagos state around and made Lagos the envy of every other states and also raised the bar so high that APC governors across Nigeria are known for excellent performance

In like manner, I believe that the emergence of Akinwunmi Ambode as the APC flag-bearer and subsequently the next governor of Lagos state will definitely bring about even a greater and more excellent governance.

I will not want to forget the rumored rift between Governor Fashola and Tinubu and if this is true then it even gets better because this goes a long way to show that these presumed “godsons” are not just excellent executives but are not also a push over for any one.

In conclusion, I would say that the “godfather-ism” of Tinubu if indeed it is what people call it,have been a blessing for Lagos and will continue to be a blessing and until we see a reason to discredit it, we will continue to vote for APC to take charge of the affairs in Lagos state for many years to come not because there is a presumed godfather somewhere but because Lagosians have realized that the representatives of this party are result oriented.

https://www.nairaland.com/2047114/tinubu-godfather-ism-blessing-curse-lagos
The hype on the ability of Tinubu to detect potential good leaders is becoming worrisome in the light of the faltering Ambode, the debt ridden Aragbe of Osun and his beloved senator-wife in the senate.
Let Tinubu go on and replicate other Fasholas in other positions of authority if Fashola is not just a fluke.

1 Like

Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by Chubhie: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2015
lmm4real:
The one that will never hv to test my loyalty.
I love this part
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by GhaliNaaba(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2015
lordofjustice:
Biafrans locked it down with Yorubas in the politial section of nairaland where yoruba 'propagandists' and other biafra head hunters prepare and dish out all manner of lies and falsehood against the biafra struggle and emancipation. That is why nairalanders no longer see the e-war of calumny against biafra on front page of nairaland.

'Lies and falsehood may have travelled thousands of miles but it takes one giant leap of truth to out run it' ...lordofjustice 2015

Viva Biafra

Note: NL mods are bigots
Asaba weed no good oh.

1 Like

Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by bashydemy(m): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2015
lordofjustice:
Biafrans locked it down with Yorubas in the politial section of nairaland where yoruba 'propagandists' and other biafra head hunters prepare and dish out all manner of lies and falsehood against the biafra struggle and emancipation. That is why nairalanders no longer see the e-war of calumny against biafra on front page of nairaland.

'Lies and falsehood may have travelled thousands of miles but it takes one giant leap of truth to out run it' ...lordofjustice 2015

Viva Biafra

Whole up Nigga whole up, You know what am saying? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ra here for real mhen..

In Igbo.....Lefapu
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by Taiwo20(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
lmm4real:
O lord connect me to my helper, the one that will never hv to test my loyalty.

At a point in our lives, our loyalty would be tested.
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by igwedaboss(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
lmm4real:
O lord connect me to my helper, the one that will never hv to test my loyalty.
I tap into this
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by yemi002: 1:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
That is connection from the above
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by Toks2008(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
specco:

The hype on the ability of Tinubu to detect potential good leaders is becoming worrisome in the light of the faltering Ambode, the debt ridden Aragbe of Osun and his beloved senator-wife in the senate.
Let Tinubu go on and replicate other Fasholas in other positions of authority if Fashola is not just a fluke.

Habba chill and lets wait for at least 3years nah..kai! Nigerians and kangaroo conclusion.
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by stevedusky: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
It has been with mixed feelings reading all the comments on this issue. In as much as I don't want to deviate from the topic. I think the man that wrote the other article on God fatherism nailed it. It is of real concern to me as a middle belter to see my Igbo and Yoruba brothers wail, argue and fight on the social media after the election. The truth is that both tribes are the most enlightened and socially exposed in this country. I state my disapointment at this juncture. It's rather sad cos this has affected the youth of the country. The sole reason for our irrelevance today in politics. We prefer to queue and idolize corrupt politicians.
Well, there is still chance for us, cos I have hope. The hope I have is that if the smart ones amongst us ( either from North, south, East and west) come together to form parties that will take care of all the ills we come here to rant about; both social, economy, religious and tribal. We will be done ever arguing. I see smart youths willing to work together to make things work and put pressure on all this inequality perceived to be authorised by the old block. Where we have lost dreams for creating grandchildren of Arewas, OPCs, Biafrans, Creek boys etc. My success can show little. But we will get there as I have started the forum. I will reach you all soon. Let's come together as we use to watch Super Eagles, golden Eaglets, Falcons, falconets, tigress, Tigers. We criticize the players not as igbos Hausas and Yorubas and we celebrate them also not as the aforementioned either.
God bless you all. One love.

1 Like

Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by bugzbunny: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
lionness:

Who gives an F about your cursed Baifraud Go away please!
Illiterate islamist...
Ur generation is cursed
Biafra will continue to give u sleepless nite
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by FemiFaniKayode: 1:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
lordofjustice:

Viva Biafra

Who are these hungry Onitsha Main Market Biafra children??
When war time reach now you go fit carry gun?
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by aresa: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
grin

Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by aresa: 2:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
bugzbunny:

Illiterate islamist.

Ignorant religious bigot. Don't you know religious bigots ar scums and ignorant illiterates? grin

Ur generation is cursed

Coming from cursed generations of eternal wanderers, losers and clowns with zero sense of worth and identity. Abeg look in the mirror... grin

Biafra will continue to give u sleepless nite

The thought of you losers losing, wailing, crying and shouting your worthless and meaningless Biafra/rat noise makes me sleep comfortable like a baby... grin
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by catalan15(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by Yeminace(m): 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
O Lord connect me with my helper that will pull out to the whole wide world in Jesus name. AMEN!!!
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by bugzbunny: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
aresa:

Ignorant religious bigot. Don't you know religious bigots ar scums and ignorant illiterates? grin

Coming from cursed generations of eternal wanderers, losers and clowns with zero sense of worth and identity. Abeg look in the mirror... grin
The thought of you losers losing, wailing, crying and shouting your worthless and meaningless Biafra/rat noise makes me sleep comfortable like a baby... grin
Go knack ur head for ground
Bloody islamic terrorist
Cursed waste of life and space
Be gone...devil
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
lionness:
Wow. I better jettison the thought of a doctorate, and focus on my business, and build solid reputation rather than useless Pali.
Fashola doesnt even have masters, and I am not sure Tinubu wasn't even a graduate
Bola tinubu graduated with summa cum laude from one of the best universities in the world ( university of chicago).
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by moshoodable: 7:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
moshoodable:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/13/how-i-met-bola-tinubu-babatunde-fashola/

Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Babatunde Raji Fashola remain first class politician and technocrat respectively. They are unarguably indispensable to the success of the current administration of PMB.
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by malikisah: 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
lionness:
Wow. I better jettison the thought of a doctorate, and focus on my business, and build solid reputation rather than useless Pali.
Fashola doesnt even have masters, and I am not sure Tinubu wasn't even a graduate
so much for people making noise about pali while living in houses where alligators crawl all over the ceiling. Kontunue!
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by titosantana(m): 7:52am On Nov 15, 2015
It's good to be good. Tinubu saw that quality in Fashola and vice versa.
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by catalan15(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2015
OK,
Re: How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola by catalan15(m): 8:02am On Nov 15, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A 1967 British Newspaper Headline Of A Nigerian Man Helping The UK (pics) / Pre-Wedding Picture Of Obidient Couple In Nasarawa / CNN Doesn't Know Where Nigeria Is? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.