Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (3691 Views)

Zimbabwe's Mr. Ugly 2012 Reclaims Title / Chinese Man Sues Wife For Ugly Children! / Zimbabwe Unveils The Current Mr Ugly 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:14pm On May 21, 2009
bawomolo:

!

I care about them and that's why i don't make choices for them unlike you. you haven't answered though, how did they get the stats?

no that's your argument, you would still throw an hissy fit if someone send their daughter to france to get an abortion. 

Would you support pro-choice if government funds weren't used? yes or no

Would it be fine if homosexuals adopted this kids?

cheesy
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 9:27pm On May 21, 2009
@bawomolo,

I care about them and that's why i don't make choices for them unlike you. you haven't answered though, how did they get the stats?
What about the innocent children that are being murdered? Care anything for them? The way to help people is to make them realise and take responsibilities for their actions. I guess you will grasp this conspt when you become a parent. Your kids wont learn atimes until you let them live with the product of their actions.  

How else do yo obtain such stats if not through records and survey? The poster child of liberalism today, Al Gore proves that study right as well.  I hope you know that this isn't the first study that came to the same conclusion.  

no that's your argument, you would still throw an hissy fit if someone send their daughter to france to get an abortion.
This issue is multi-faceted. I clearly made my position known when this became relevant. Of course I'll throw a fit also whether the baby is killed on American soil or overseas. It's injustice to kill those innocent babies. Was it not Martin Luther King who said "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"? The same attrocities commited overseas is the one being brought into America today in the name of globalisation.  

Would you support pro-choice if government funds weren't used? yes or no
You have succeeded in taking my response out of context. I only responded to your erronous statement that govt funds do not fund abortion.  I certainly I'm against abortion, wether with govt funds or not. I have stated my only exception - when the woman's life is at risk.  For you to claim we are forcing our will on pro-abortionist and deny taxpayers the right to express their will by not funding the murder is hypocrisy at its best.

Would it be fine if homosexuals adopted this kids?
Of course it'll be fine.  I have no problems with homosexuals. I do however, don't believe in homosexual marriage if that is what you are driving at.  I am okay with homosexual couples also raising the kids if that is what yu meant.  I don't think its ideal, just as I don't think single parenthood is ideal, but it is better than killing the children.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by bawomolo(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2009
Your kids wont learn atimes until you let them live with the product of their actions.

I know but a 16 yr old without a baby is preferably to a 16yr old with one. Again i agree that using contraception is better than the hassle of getting an abortion.

For you to claim we are forcing our will on pro-abortionist and deny taxpayers the right to express their will by not funding the murder is hypocrisy at its best.

pro-lifers would have more success if they campaigned against government funding and not the right to choose itself.

I don't think its ideal, just as I don't think single parenthood is ideal, but it is better than killing the children.

If single parenthood isn't ideal then why force such a choice on these unfortunate or misguided people?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 9:58pm On May 21, 2009
@pres-elect,

All the best with your exams. Just let me know anytime you land.  I might arrange for a meeting if you are anywhere in my neighborhood. I have just one recommendation for you.  Do not join MoveOn or any non-profits like that.  I want you to work for one year. It's amazing how many people become conservatives when they see their W-2s  grin grin grin.  Perhaps your eyes will be opened when you realise that you spend the first 40 to 50% of your time working for the govt before you keep any money for yourself at all. Reality might just hit you in the face when you see healthy and capable people on welfare who are eating better and living a more flambouyant lifestyle than you do.  And by the way, those taxes might go up another 15% if we are to adopt universal healthcare.  You'll get less for more money.  Isn't that ingenious?!

Again we are back on the semantics of neing pro-abortion or not. I know image is very important to the DNC. However, looking deep down, it is not the image that matters, but the consequences of thri actions and decisions. Your position effectively condemns babies to the slaughterhouse for no reason at all. Should we ignore the consequences of your position?  Or do you find it so uncomfortable that you don't want any attention to it?

Obama claims that a Doctor should not be brought in to keep alive, a baby born alive through a botched abortion.  He claims it burdens the decision to abort the baby in the first place. This is the same guy who thinks getting pregnant will be a punishment if his daughters ever find themselves in that position.  Are you sure you are on the same page with him?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2009
@bawomolo,

I know but a 16 yr old without a baby is preferably to a 16yr old with one.  Again i agree that using contraception is better than the hassle of getting an abortion.
An irresponsible 16 year old with a baby is better than an irresponsible, self-serving 16 year-old individual and a dead baby. Obama has being talking about sacrifices recently. Maybe he needs to preach more of these to the abortionists.

pro-lifers would have more success if they campaigned against government funding and not the right to choose itself.
Maybe. But the fundamental problem is still there. Govt is meant to protect our Rights.  So if abortion is considered a Right, then the govt has an obligation to fund its protection. So the question still remains, to what extent can basic Rights be exercised? Can a woman, or man exercise his/her rights to the detriment of another's?

If single parenthood isn't ideal then why force such a choice on these unfortunate or misguided people?
Didn't you finish reading my statement? I said killing babies is fatal and the unideal is still better.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by dayokanu(m): 2:28am On May 22, 2009
Notre Dame is a catholic establishment and I have some reservations about their teaching especially on the use of contraceptives and abortion.

Catholics dont support the use of contraceptive and abortion. In a family, if every sexual act should result in a baby what happens to the welfare of the family,the health of the mother and the upbringing of the children.

Regarding abortion and TayoD, why cant a woman be allowed to take decisions on what she wants for her body?

TayoD like a law that tell you what to do with your own body. You said the Mother wants to take the life of a fetus,

Would it be right to separate the mother and the fetus and let the fetus develop in test tubes so that both the mother and the embryo can go their separate ways and not harm the others health?

The theory of making a woman carry the fetus she does not want still baffles me
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:04am On May 22, 2009
when you rape boys like they do, you dont need contraceptives or abortion so why would they care
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 3:57am On May 22, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

when you rape boys like they do, you dont need contraceptives or abortion so why would they care
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 4:07am On May 22, 2009
@dayokanu,

Notre Dame is a catholic establishment and I have some reservations about their teaching especially on the use of contraceptives and abortion.
I doubt you'll ever find a church you'll agree with 100%.

Catholics dont support the use of contraceptive and abortion. In a family, if every sexual act should result in a baby what happens to the welfare of the family,the health of the mother and the upbringing of the children.
I tire o. lease ask them!

Regarding abortion and TayoD, why cant a woman be allowed to take decisions on what she wants for her body?
Have you followed this discussion at all? I am totally pro-choice. Anyone can do whatever they want to do to their bodies. What I do not subscribe to is to harm another person through your action. Your rights end where others' begin. Get it?

TayoD like a law that tell you what to do with your own body. You said the Mother wants to take the life of a fetus,
But that is what happens. Savanaha puts it most eloquently. The woman kills the child.

Would it be right to separate the mother and the fetus and let the fetus develop in test tubes so that both the mother and the embryo can go their separate ways and not harm the others health?
Of course that is crazy! You guys keep neglecting the issue of responsibility. If you can't take care of a baby, don't have one. If you are matured enough to have sex of your own volition, you should be ready to accept the responsibility of that action if it results in pregnancy.

The theory of making a woman carry the fetus she does not want still baffles me
What baffles me is the theory that life is disposable in order to relieve an inconvenience!
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by dayokanu(m): 1:46pm On May 22, 2009
Of course that is crazy! You guys keep neglecting the issue of responsibility. If you can't take care of a baby, don't have one. If you are matured enough to have sex of your own volition, you should be ready to accept the responsibility of that action if it results in pregnancy.

Thats why they are going for abortion , they have realised that they cant take care of and love the baby but Conservatives want to force them to take the baby to term.

A woman raped should carry the baby to term?
A woman whose life is at risk must endure or possibly die during pregnancy,
A woman in a bad relationship who wants out and forget that phase of her life but discovers she is 3weeks-1month pregnant should be forced to live with the fetus.

Have you followed this discussion at all? I am totally pro-choice. Anyone can do whatever they want to do to their bodies. What I do not subscribe to is to harm another person through your action. Your rights end where others' begin. Get it

If the fetus is harming the mother then according to this theory the fetus is the wrongdoer.

Separate the two of them one in test tube mother gores her way and they wont harm each other again. (That option should be made to prolife advocates) Both ways both lives are preserved and No life harms the other life
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2009
@dayokanu,

Like I said earlier, you obviously haven't gone thru this thread. If you did, you will find I have provided answers to all the points you raised. I don't think I want to start reposting them again. Go thru the entire posts and glean the answers you seek.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by Truequest(m): 4:09pm On May 22, 2009
I have read this discussion from the first post to the last with these observations.
Tayo-D I have to congratulate you for your dogged stand even as a lone voice.
Conscience is an open wound and only the truth can heal it. I'm not supprised
by the oppositions you have here. As I have grown to learn that there are words
people would want wipped out of dictionary, as long as it hurts their conscience,
they will argue and fight. RESPONSIBILITY is the key word, let's take responsibility
for our action. Just immagine for a moment if Obama's mother had aborted him for
lack of money. Poverty is never an excuse but convinience, social status and such like.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:26pm On May 22, 2009
What's your business with Obama

better worry about Yaradua and stop using Obama for your arguements
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by toshmann(m): 5:01pm On May 22, 2009
Truequest:

I have read this discussion from the first post to the last with these observations.
Tayo-D I have to congratulate you for your dogged stand even as a lone voice.
Conscience is an open wound and only the truth can heal it. I'm not supprised
by the oppositions you have here. As I have grown to learn that there are words
people would want wipped out of dictionary, as long as it hurts their conscience,
they will argue and fight. RESPONSIBILITY is the key word, let's take responsibility
for our action. Just immagine for a moment if Obama's mother had aborted him for
lack of money. Poverty is never an excuse but convinience, social status and such like.

wel, tayo D may be the lone voice here, but he is not alone. I started the thread, i admire the president and his ''packaging ability'' but i strongly disagree with his stand on the issue of abortion. this has been my stand against the democratic party. this is a great SIN against helpless babies. is it b/c they cant complain? they cant protest, they cant fight. this is EVIL. and it must be discouraged completely. we must work to reduce teenage pregnancy, but when it occurs, we must work to ensure safe delivery and upbringing. there is no excuse for this murder . . . . yes . . . that's what it is. . . MURDER . . . .cold blooded MURDER

@Pres-elect (aka Darfur)

dont bring God into this defence of abortion. where did God encourage the killing of unborn children? call a spade a spade. pro-choice is another way to say a woman is allowed to go and kill an unborn baby. termination of pregnancy is another way of saying murder unborn children.

what do u say about stem cell research? that issue will soon explode. give it ten yrs, you wont recognise what ''experts'' and legal gurus can come up with, using that executive order.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:08pm On May 22, 2009
I doubt the demos care about your stance.

your visa never expire? grin
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by toshmann(m): 5:13pm On May 22, 2009
cheesy thieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef . . . . cheesy

my visa expire yesterday grin but i no care, i hear say police no get right to ask for my papers here. i get lawyer wey full ground for law. so nothing de happen grin

[s]ehee, thief abeg, u follow de do this thing? grin grin grin e no good o grin[/s]
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:25pm On May 22, 2009
God save you that you crossed that out. make i bite your face off.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by toshmann(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2009
God everly dey my side. nne u never change cheesy this ya mouth eh, i wonder who dey kiss am . . . the day he annoys u, u will bite off his tongue grin grin grin

anyway sha, how life? which side u dey sef? i'm having a grand wedding this summer . . . give me your address, and i'll send u a card wink wink
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:58pm On May 22, 2009
FINALLY a wedding. For 3 years all we heard from you is "engagement" sheesh. the girl sef try staying with a loon like you. Oniranu man  grin

where is it? Ohio? Yuccccccccccck  tongue
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by toshmann(m): 8:35pm On May 22, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin so you've been keeping countdown for me grin the wedding will be in new jersey. then we'll take a honeymoon trip to hawaii cheesy

which state do you live?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 9:15pm On May 22, 2009
@Truequest,

Thanks for being true to the truth. Unfortunately, the lines btw right and wrong is continually being blurred in today's society. It's refreshing to see that not all have fallen for such.

@toshman,

Congratulations. And so it comes to pass that indeed: "you will never walk alone". grin grin grin grin
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by bawomolo(m): 11:06pm On May 22, 2009
toshmann:

grin grin grin grin grin so you've been keeping countdown for me grin the wedding will be in new jersey. then we'll take a honeymoon trip to hawaii cheesy

which state do you live?

you dey find 2nd wife?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by dayokanu(m): 3:09am On May 23, 2009
God everly dey my side. nne u never change this ya mouth eh, i wonder who dey kiss am . . . the day he annoys u, u will bite off his tongue

Na me any problem?

I dont know what we do when the fetus is harming the womans health oh or the mother doesnt have any right only the fetus does
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by toshmann(m): 4:16am On May 23, 2009
@bawolomo

i no de find 2nd wife. the one i have is the best in the world today. she is enough. wink i only wanted to extend an invitation card to her, and somehow, i really wanted to set my eyes on her, curiosity, to see if she really looks as katakataish as her posts are

@dayokanu

no problem bro grin but take am easy o. she get hot temperature lipsrsealed slip of hand

ehee, there is something called therapeutic abortion. this is abortion done when the life of the woman is endangered by the fetus. nobody is debating that one
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by dayokanu(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2009
Toshmann,

Most of ToH's venom are mainly online she is a really nice person and believe it she has a romantic side too

You know every hot temperatured person has a password. Who no like better thing.

Just immagine for a moment if Obama's mother had aborted him for
For every Obama who turned out good could you count the number of those who became nuisance to the society?

Why cant people be allowed to plan and birth kids they feel they can take care of. Having and training a child is not cheap if you want a good upbringing for them.

Once in a while, a poor family turns out better after some years but why give birth to a baby while you are broke and HOPE things would turn out better.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by toshmann(m): 11:15pm On May 27, 2009
Tayo-D:

@toshman,

Congratulations. And so it comes to pass that indeed: "you will never walk alone". grin grin grin grin

u can say that again bro wink
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2009
@dayokanu,

Once in a while, a poor family turns out better after some years but why give birth to a baby while you are broke and HOPE things would turn out better.
I guess Africa will no longer exist as a continent if we are to follow your logic. I believe I can safely say that 95% or more of Africans in Africa fall within that poverty threshold you are talking about. So should we just die out without progenies because we are poor?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by bawomolo(m): 10:03pm On May 28, 2009
Actually overpopulation is one of the issues facing sub-saharan Africa. Some people have way too many kids they can handle.
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 10:06pm On May 28, 2009
@bawomolo,

Actually overpopulation is one of the issues facing sub-saharan Africa. Some people have way too many kids they can handle.
Which comes right back to the issue of responsibility, right?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by bawomolo(m): 10:33pm On May 28, 2009
Tayo-D:

@bawomolo,
Which comes right back to the issue of responsibility, right?

Yes can we say sex education but aren't you against that too?
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by TayoD1(m): 11:53pm On May 28, 2009
bawomolo:

Yes can we say sex education but aren't you against that too?
Egbami. Where did you get that notion I am against sex education? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Tell me, what other misconcptions do you have? It appears you oppose me on many topics based on your idea of what you think I believe in. You are way out of line my guy!!!!!!!!!! I'm a conservative, that means I believe in common sense and personal responsibility. Common sense and personal responsibilities are rooted in knowledge. knowledge is accumulated through education. So how can I be against education?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Notre Dame: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:49am On May 29, 2009
Up Chelsea! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Similarities Between Adolf Hitler And Donald Trump / “hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada / BREAKING News; Israel Faces Toughest Attack From Gaza In History (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.