Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,173 members, 7,845,853 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? (30825 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by musicwriter(m): 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Kirigidi:
Read Luke 3:14.

The bible or koran is the opinion of people that wrote it. They may as well be wrong.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by lukas280(m): 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
if bfore he or she dies they pray and accept jesus then heaven is their home.or if as they are sent to fight boko haram and they prayed for dem and they ccept and belived in christ my guys heaven na dere home
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by seangy4konji: 3:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol...

Just try and make heaven as there will be indian film at the gates of heavem...

A lot of people wont make it that day and you will wonder and hear stories...
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by seangy4konji: 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jesus...Jesu...Chai.
Sugarhugs:
Well, it is simple, if the soldier is God fearing and doesn't kill unjustly, cheat nor oppress his fellow brethren and obey Gods word, then he has no problem. My uncle is a military man and from his attitude he owes his life to God,respects him and obey his word and also goes to church whenever he is not on duty.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by eddiesaint(m): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
chocolateme:
I dey ask myself that question too

Ask no more. I am a SOLDIER, fought in 3 wars and battles. That doesn't mean that i wont make heaven
Even david the man after God's heart was a soldier in Sauls army ao yeah
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kirigidi(m): 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
acegikmoqsuwy:
If a soldier could make heaven? ......Even when God commanded in the holy bible that "thou shall not kill"?...... And also when it is said in the holy book that "forgive your brother 70x7times in a day?......The answer to that question could only come from God through divine inspiration
Read Luke 3:14.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by samsard(m): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
[b]listen, in life there are no coincidences. everything that happens is supposed to happen. if boko haram brings war to your doorstep and you get killed ? it is because you are supposed to get killed. there are 170 million people in nigeria. boko haram only affects less than .00000001 percent of those people. anything that happens to you is not coincidental. if you are supposed to recieve judgement from God and you dont live in a boko haram state ? he can make a huge container fall on your car, or he can make an armed robber come kill you etc etc. nothing in life is coincidence. in this world only two laws apply ? CAUSE AND EFFECT, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. thats the cosmic and celestial order of things in this world. we are spiritual beings having a physical existence and all your judgements that have been decreed in the celestial realm will meet you in the physical realm. so if boko haram happens to be on your doorstep ? then just pray its not you they are coming for because if the judgement decreed in the celestial realm was for you ? then nothing you can do to reverse that judgement. not even if you have 100 guns[/b]
I don't believe in predestination, it's trash. + of what use is a wicked & manipulative god to the world? oh yea, he doesn't exist so am comforted we have less monsters to deal with.

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by samsard(m): 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
ok first of all there is no such thing as terrorists. all these are CIA stooges, trained by the CIA, used as propaganda by the elites who control the world so that they can have the whole world under intense fear and through this fear they can build military bases all over the world while controlling the worlds resources. there is no such thing as terrorists. they are all CIA plants and sleeper cells. in nigeria they are called boko haram and in the middle-east they are called ISIS or alquaeda. These are not genuine acts of terrorism. these are devices used to control the world in this era of the evil one controlling the world. BELIEVE ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE CUZ MOST OF WHAT YOU SEE IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS

1 JOHN 5 VS 19 world around us is under the control of the evil one.
All these conspiracy theories and counter conspiracy theories, you actually believe all this junk? not to say there aren't conspiracies but this type is for the...
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Meritocracy: 3:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
a soldier in the human army is in a delusion. can two walk together except they be agreed ? what business has light with darkness ?

so can a soldier make heaven ? no. his being in the army is punishment by God. God takes you to places where you will suffer well well as punishment for sins and the army is one of those places because your eye go see pepper if you are an infantry man lol

so your being in the army and killing people means you are wicked and God is using your wickedness for his own benefit. all those who you killed had to get killed anyway but God used you to do it

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
Did Moses and David wicked
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kirigidi(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
[/b] <<< SO IF YOU JOIN THE ARMY, YOU ARE JOINING THE ARMY OF THE EVIL ONE[/quote]

B reasonable! Witout d military do u think u wil stil hav d freedom or peace to attend ur church or move freely witout violence frm wicked lawless men? Even wit d presence of d military today, Boko Haram ar terrorizin pipo. Just imagine wat d situation wuld hav bin if dere is no military to challenge Boko Haram. Lets b realistic bro. Read Luke 3:14.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Lordnewton1(m): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
if he kills with his hearth and not his head...Why not?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by babafirst(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sugarhugs:
Well, it is simple, if the soldier is God fearing and doesn't kill unjustly, cheat nor oppress his fellow brethren and obey Gods word, then he has no problem. My uncle is a military man and from his attitude he owes his life to God,respects him and obey his word and also goes to church whenever he is not on duty.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by missjahiniekpe(f): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
He will definitely make heaven if he believes on the finished work of christ... Moreover, smoking a stick of cigarete doesnt make us sinners, stop looking at sin as an individual thing, sin came into our nature through one man (Adam) and the price of sin was paid in full by Jesus christ... Making heaven is based upon the believe of this sacrifice...
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kirigidi(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
no problems

rev 11 11 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. << TRY NOT TO GET CONFUSED WITH THE NUMBERS BECAUSE THEY ARE CODES AND NOT LITERAL. AND THE HOLY CITY IS THE ERA OF GOD. THE HOLY CITY ARE THE SAINTS OF GOD. SO THE GENTILES WILL RUN THIS WORLD FOR SOME TIME

ROMANS 11 VS 11 11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. <<< THROUGH THE FALL OF THE SAINTS, THE CONTROL OF THE WORLD HAS PASSED ON TO THE GENTILES
For u dat is sayin soldiers wil not make heaven, read: LUKE 3:14, ROMANS 13:1-7, LUKE 7:2-10 nd ACTS 10:1-33.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by GRACEGLORY: 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:
just wondering if a soldier who has maybe killed many, whether in the war front or whichever means can finally make heaven if he or she dies...

[b][/b]ghbnm
Luke 3:1-15Amplified Bible (AMP)

John the Baptist Preaches
3 Now in the fifteenth year of [Emperor] [a]Tiberius Caesar’s reign—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, and Herod [Antipas] was tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip was tetrarch of the region of Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias was tetrarch of Abilene— 2 in the high [b]priesthood of Annas and [c]Caiaphas [his son-in-law], the word of God came to John, the son of Zacharias, in the wilderness. 3 And he went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sin; 4 as it is written and forever remains written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet,

“The voice of one shouting in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way of the Lord,
[d]Make His paths straight.
‘Every ravine shall be filled up,
And every mountain and hill shall be leveled;
And the crooked [places] shall be made straight,
And the rough roads smooth;
and [e]all mankind shall see the salvation of God.’”
7 So he began saying to the crowds who were coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of [f]vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath [of God that is] to come? 8 Therefore produce fruit that is worthy of [and consistent with your] repentance [that is, live changed lives, turn from sin and seek God and His righteousness]. And do not even begin to say to yourselves [as a defense], ‘We have Abraham for our father [and so our heritage assures us of salvation]’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children (descendants) for Abraham [for God can replace the unrepentant, regardless of their heritage, with those who are obedient]. 9 Even now the axe [of God’s judgment] is swinging toward the root of the trees; so every tree that does not produce good fruit is being cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 The crowds asked him, “Then what are we to do?” 11 And John replied, “The man who has two tunics is to share with him who has none; and he who has food is to do the same.” 12 Even some tax collectors came to be baptized, and they asked, “Teacher, what are we to do?” 13 And he told them, “Collect no more than the fixed amount you have been ordered to [collect].” 14 Some soldiers asked him, “And what about us, what are we to do?” And he replied to them, “Do not [g]extort money from anyone or harass or blackmail anyone, and be satisfied with your wages.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
at the coming of christ the world gets a new righteous leadership. and yes God issues wicked-righteous judgement everyday. getting cancer is judgement. getting killed in car accident is judgement. plane crashing is judgement.

amos 3 vs 6 shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

isaiah 45 vs 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So when a person who has been serving and obeying God diligently with all his heart and soul gets cancer, car accident, etc and dies, its judgement?

If yes, judgement for what sins?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Have you been to heaven before?

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by sukkot: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
Joavid:

So when a person who has been serving and obeying God diligently with all his heart and soul gets cancer, car accident, etc and dies, its judgement?

If yes, judgement for what sins?
one thing you have to understand, like 99 percent of the people who you think are serving God are really religious sycophants. do not be deceived by what you see people do in the light cuz you dont know what they do in the dark or their motivation for being religious. many peoples motivation for being religious is hoping to get money. so the real true genuine followers are very tiny and those tiny will be protected with all the might of the angels of God. like there are people who have angels watching over them 24 7. those few will not get cancer or car accident etc
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kirigidi(m): 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
harristo:

Duty to who, to God abi?

Sorry to disappoint you, in the new testament / covenant, killing in self defense is bad or condemned.
So a soldier who kill in a kill or be killed situation is not justified. For he is saying that his life is more important than the other human that tried to kill him.
He ought to have find a way to subdue the other human without taking his or her life.

Biblically, the life of everyone living after the resurrection of Jesus is just too precious to take - everyone good or evil have been bought by Jesus.
Guy b reasonable! Tell me d any other means u can use to subdue d wicked Boko Haram terrorists if not b military action? Or wil u just relax nd allow d terrorists wipe u out or forcefuly convert u to Islam? Witout d soldiers confrontin d evil terrorists, do u think there wil stil b any Christians left in d North-East of Nigeria? D followin Bible passages wil help u: LUKE 3:14., ROMANS 13:1-7., ACTS 10:1-33. nd LUKE 7:2-10.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by tosyne2much(m): 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
a soldier in the human army is in a delusion. can two walk together except they be agreed ? what business has light with darkness ?

so can a soldier make heaven ? no. his being in the army is punishment by God. God takes you to places where you will suffer well well as punishment for sins and the army is one of those places because your eye go see pepper if you are an infantry man lol

so your being in the army and killing people means you are wicked and God is using your wickedness for his own benefit. all those who you killed had to get killed anyway but God used you to do it

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
I don't agree with you one bit. However, there are exceptions to everything in life and these exceptions are not limited to God's kingdom

The duty of a soldier to be a custodian protecting the society from external attacks and aggression. However, soldiers are expected to kill enemies planning to kill the people they are meant to protect

Personally, I believe a soldier can make heaven if he obeys God's words and doesn't torture or kill unjustly.

Kindly ask yourself this question, if a thief wants to kill you and you are smart enough to kill him first, does that make you a candidate of hell ?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by tankoy: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
An american snipper once said:

"When I return to my creator finally, there are questions He shal ask me...but about the people I killed as a snipper, He shall not, because they are all evil"

probably because allowing them live a minute longer would mean d death of thousands of innocent people. E.g a suicide bomber spotted among civillians trying to detonate an explosive...
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by chocolateme(f): 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
eddiesaint:

Ask no more. I am a SOLDIER, fought in 3 wars and battles. That doesn't mean that i wont make heaven
Even david the man after God's heart was a soldier in Sauls army ao yeah
nice one soldier..u will definitely make heaven.. But you are no longer one right? Retired? Or a deserter? Please tell me a lot about your battles.. I love to know about war and battle experiences and stories. smiley
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by gungab(m): 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
I think the op should consult the oracles to get the answer
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Raphael13(m): 6:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
Did David, Joab and others like them make heaven?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Gwazah(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sugarhugs:
Is he in heaven?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by achorladey: 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
@ erelu Y a

In displaying righteous anger, Jesus was like Jehovah, who is “disposed to rage” against all wickedness. (Nahum 1:2) For example, after Jehovah told his wayward people that they had made his house “a mere cave of robbers,” he said: “My anger and my rage are being poured forth upon this place.”—Jeremiah 7:11, 20.

JESUS was visibly angry—and with good reason. You might find it difficult to imagine him that way, for he was such a mild-tempered man. (Matthew 21:5) He remained perfectly controlled, of course, for his was righteous wrath. But what had so provoked this peace-loving man? A case of gross injustice.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by styno22(m): 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Angels are like soldiers in the kingdom of God.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by cycluse: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
Only the good ones who worship God will enter paradise,
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Revolva(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Heaven. Does not exist neither. Does hell....ur lifeon earth is. Ur heaven. N hell...when you die...you die that's the end of your world and chapter...ok

Nigerians n africans and this their stewpid brainwashed mentality of heaven n hell...no be say dem holy pass...even if he'll or heaven will exist na only few africans will make the heaven....many will rot in hell...with our hatred heart for our selves
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by picoba(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2015

[size=28pt]
They kill to silence enemy. If soldier kill with good reason. It is not a sin.
[/size]
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by omojeesu(m): 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yes as long as he's born again and did not use his position to commit murder which is a crime. On duty he should stick to the ethics of his profession and existing rules of engagement. This applies to all security personnel who legally carry weapons.

Luke 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by MayhorE(m): 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
It depends on his or her life

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.