Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,362 members, 7,846,564 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? (30832 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by achorladey: 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
If you pray to God that your enemy should die and you get this instant response from God..... your enemy is my friend!!!! what will you do?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by olaolulazio(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Can u make heaven also?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by AceRoyal: 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
When those men existed, it was an era when God walked with men and anyone who tried to destroy you has to be destroyed. its righteous judgement. we are currently in an era where God is not walking with men. its called the ' age of the gentiles ' meaning man is the one controlling things. and all the wars and killings done by man are not to defend themselves. they are offensive attacks for resources. all wars in this era are manufactured by men for selfish reasons and are not genuine cases of defending your territory, so God will keep all those who has favor in his eyes away from mans army. anyone who joins mans army is not of the LORD. can two walk together except they be agreed ?

1 john 5 vs 19 We know that we are of God, and that the whole world is under the power of the evil one.
<<< SO IF YOU JOIN THE ARMY, YOU ARE JOINING THE ARMY OF THE EVIL ONE
DO NOT BE SOOO RELIGIOUSLY MINDED THAT YOU ARE OF NO EARTHLY BENEFIT!

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by 9jatatafo(m): 1:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
No mortals can tell who goes to heaven and it is Almighty God alone that will decide that. Though in the time of ancient Israelites, there were great men of war who fought and killed in the battle field.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Promzyunique(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
God is d only just judge, leave it 2him, i also wondered same
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Classicool(m): 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hmmmmmmmm. .... Happy Sunday....
Maybe,maybe not.... King David is a soldier remember

But if Soldiers make haven I don't think U.S Marine will make heaven Likewise their friend British Royal Army.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
If he becomes one of the soldiers of Christ
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Daraph(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=bmos post=40044809][/quote]
Ok
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by harsysky(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
a soldier in the human army is in a delusion. can two walk together except they be agreed ? what business has light with darkness ?

so can a soldier make heaven ? no. his being in the army is punishment by God. God takes you to places where you will suffer well well as punishment for sins and the army is one of those places because your eye go see pepper if you are an infantry man lol

so your being in the army and killing people means you are wicked and God is using your wickedness for his own benefit. all those who you killed had to get killed anyway but God used you to do it

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Jesus! you've made God appear so wicked!
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by damyzino(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
David0:
Yes but depends, if he's a born again Christian.
So long as he didn't intentionally kill d innocent ones, so long he's doing his duty protecting the citizens of his country, so long as he gave his life to Christ and repent b4 he dies, why not.
Thr were soldiers of the Lord in the Bible as well, the Bible also mentioned God's army. Are d armies of God for fun? Dey kill d enemies, dats wat soldiers do.

yes you are right ....if a soldier kill the enemy and spare the innocent ....he or she will make heaven.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by johhnnie(m): 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:
just wondering if a soldier who has maybe killed many, whether in the war front or whichever means can finally make heaven if he or she dies...

Will prayer warriors in churches go to heaven if they are right with God? If the answer is yes, then, soldiers that are right with God will surely make heaven. They are on the same line of duty. Whereas, one fights spiritual battle against agents of darkness, who are seen as enemies of God and man, the other fights a physical battles against enemies of constituted authorities.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by sukkot: 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
harsysky:

Jesus! you've made God appear so wicked!
amos 3 vs 6 shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

there is such a thing as ' righteous wickedness '
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by damyzino(m): 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Classicool:
Hmmmmmmmm. .... Happy Sunday....
Maybe,maybe not.... King David is a soldier remember

But if Soldiers make haven I don't think U.S Marine will make heaven Likewise their friend British Royal Army.
fight and kill the enemy and spare the innocent ....dont forget that people also fought war in the bible

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Classicool(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
damyzino:

fight and kill the enemy and spare the innocent ....dont forget that people also fought war in the bible
Okay.... But almost all US marine will likely make heaven.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by harsysky(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:

there is such a thing as ' righteous wickedness '

So God does this righteous wickedness to throw a wicked person to hell?

What happens to the coming of Christ, are you a Christian?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by sukkot: 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
harsysky:

So God does this righteous wickedness to throw a wicked person to hell?

What happens to the coming of Christ, are you a Christian?
at the coming of christ the world gets a new righteous leadership. and yes God issues wicked-righteous judgement everyday. getting cancer is judgement. getting killed in car accident is judgement. plane crashing is judgement.

isaiah 45 vs 7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by EreluY(f): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
achorladey:
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder,b but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’c 22 However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathfuld with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna.a. Matt 5:21,22 . 
51 But look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest, taking off his ear.z52 Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place,a for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.b 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels? Matt 26:51-53. So how can you go to war without being wrathful to your neighbours yr going to kill? If God and Jesus support war or taken up arms, why did he rebuke Peter for defending him.

The historic Jesus wasn't an absolute pacifist. Using cudgels, he drove out all who were selling and buying in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. That definitely was an act of violence.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ify84(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:
just wondering if a soldier who has maybe killed many, whether in the war front or whichever means can finally make heaven if he or she dies...

They will make heaven if they have accepted Jesus into their lives... not minding how many boko haram members they kill...
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by flokii: 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:

why not?

He is the Lord of Hosts remember?

as it is on earth, so it is in heaven... the Lord Himself is a soldier 'the mighty man in battle'.. alongside his soldiers (angels)
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by defemidefemi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Icecomrade:

Soldiers who die in action will go to heaven.
If they are living righteously. Once other aspect of their life is okay, killing in the line of duty is just a job well done,
I go by diz ur opinion too
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kingbilo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
a soldier in the human army is in a delusion. can two walk together except they be agreed ? what business has light with darkness ?

so can a soldier make heaven ? no. his being in the army is punishment by God. God takes you to places where you will suffer well well as punishment for sins and the army is one of those places because your eye go see pepper if you are an infantry man lol

so your being in the army and killing people means you are wicked and God is using your wickedness for his own benefit. all those who you killed had to get killed anyway but God used you to do it

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Lmao. What is this one saying...

You think only Nigerian army exists
where ppl go as a last resort to survive.

There are armies which can get you set for life if you go on one tour.. You might not even see action.. Private military contractors and special ops get paid millions per head each year. If that's hell, sign me up grin
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by 2yuh(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Ask God and by the way wetn concern you with who'll go to heaven and who'll not? >:
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Jetjacky(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:
Your answer is, can King David make heaven? The military killing for the right course and sense of duty, is doing it to defend his country, not for himself
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by gunpoint(m): 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Zceesneh:
angry U are now God, i want to blast u, buh if not am coming back from the church i would have blasted u, some of the things that people believe is neither in the bible or in koran, Heaven is meant for everybody it now depends on you whether to grab it or not, Try and grow up
You don mad finish you no sabi sef grin
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by dacovajnr: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
God bless you Op for asking this question..joining the NA soon but this really bothers me sad
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Moses1977: 3:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
I need u to remember that any killing in war is a self defense, the Bible make us to understand wht war is all about.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sheybi Abacha na ex soldier,who get his contact abeg?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ohanz: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
yep.. angel michael a soldier.. cheesy
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
A soldier's job is to defend the integrity of his country even with his life...If he fails to kill an enemy to the country,he's hell bound.We will be judged according to the works of our hands.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kirigidi(m): 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
musicwriter:

No, of course!.

How can you go kill somebody you don't know and be happy?.

They can't even be happy after return from war not to talk of heaven. Research shows when US soldiers return they feel great sense of guilt and suffer post traumatic stress. They get depressed and many run mad after thinking about their crimes.
Read Luke 3:14.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by stbrown07(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yes, i strongly believe a soldier will make heaven if he operates within the armbit of the law of the land he or she is serving.Firstly,we must understand that every government that be is ordained of God,thereby commands the authourity to make laws which must be obeyed,the Army also acts based on rules of engagement which is justifiable by military law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.