Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,248 members, 7,846,163 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? (30827 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by achorladey: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder,b but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’c 22 However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathfuld with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna.a. Matt 5:21,22 . 
51 But look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest, taking off his ear.z52 Then Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place,a for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.b 53 Or do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father to supply me at this moment more than 12 legions of angels? Matt 26:51-53. So how can you go to war without being wrathful to your neighbours yr going to kill? If God and Jesus support war or taken up arms, why did he rebuke Peter for defending him.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ZUBY77(m): 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Icecomrade:

It's not the soldiers call to determine which war is wrong or right.

Those whose responsibility is will carry that liability.

A righteous soldier inrespective of the side he fights goes to heaven.

The exception for me only applies with Rebel groups. The recruitment into it is voluntary.

Ok, I get it.

So to make your heaven as a righteous man, all I need to do is to join the Nigerian army, Request to be sent to Gwoza or Maidugri and war front. And voila, next minute I would be dinning with uncle David and Abraham.

Grow up you folks, no one is going anywhere after death.
You go to the ground or get burnt.

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
harristo:

In other words,
A killer that "is God fearing doesn't kill unjustly, cheat nor oppress his fellow brethren and obey Gods word, has no problem".
A killer whom from "his attitude he owes his life to God,respects him and obey his word and also goes to church whenever he is not on duty (to kill)". grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
If d answer is YES, dat means an actor that F*ckd while acting a movie will go to heaven cux they are all doing their Jobs
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by emerged01(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
only God can judge
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by spotauto: 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Exactly my brother.. Been searching as well.. I don't know why people Just misuse Words.. whats Rhetoric in that Question??
englishmart:
still searching for the rhetorics in that question
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Bollinger(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
[b]listen, in life there are no coincidences. everything that happens is supposed to happen. if boko haram brings war to your doorstep and you get killed ? it is because you are supposed to get killed. there are 170 million people in nigeria. boko haram only affects less than .00000001 percent of those people. anything that happens to you is not coincidental. if you are supposed to recieve judgement from God and you dont live in a boko haram state ? he can make a huge container fall on your car, or he can make an armed robber come kill you etc etc. nothing in life is coincidence. in this world only two laws apply ? CAUSE AND EFFECT, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. thats the cosmic and celestial order of things in this world. we are spiritual beings having a physical existence and all your judgements that have been decreed in the celestial realm will meet you in the physical realm. so if boko haram happens to be on your doorstep ? then just pray its not you they are coming for because if the judgement decreed in the celestial realm was for you ? then nothing you can do to reverse that judgement. not even if you have 100 guns[/b]

I rest my case. A brain is a terrible thing to waste.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
u will stay in the war front with ur gun and wait for God to kill ur enemy for u because u want to make heaven, lolx stupidity of the highest order, one bullet in ur head, u are dead.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by sukkot: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Bollinger:

your case is arrested because it has no legs to stand on
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by harristo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
achorladey:
Basis Christians should not fight war: Matt 26:51-53 John 13:35 Matt 22:37-39. When you love your neighbours what basis do you have to raise sword/gun or be trained as a soldier against yr fellow Christian at war.

Well as far as I am concerned, this issue is among the basic teachings of the new testament.
It is suppose to be simple knowledge. Upon all christians read about the teachings of Jesus Christ, they still won't know the simplest thing He was trying to teach them. You see them praying for their enemies to die.

The next thing they will do is argue whether hell fire is real or not, whether Jesus and God are the same person. When they haven't learned the basic of christianity, there is no way they will be able to arrive at the truth when it comes to issues like those.

What do they teach people in church self?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by gunpoint(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
ignis:
See question. I expect another thread with the title - "Can a police make heaven? "
Police can never make heaven my sista
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
Bollinger:

Lolx, guy what is the other guy talking about

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:
just wondering if a soldier who has maybe killed many, whether in the war front or whichever means can finally make heaven if he or she dies...

Yes He can make heaven if he confess his sins and repent.there is nothing too hard for God.David ,Gideon,was once one
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Icecomrade: 1:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
ZUBY77:

Ok, I get it.

So to make your heaven as a righteous man, all I need to do is to join the Nigerian army, Request to be sent to Gwoza or Maidugri and war front. And voila, next minute I would be dinning with uncle David and Abraham.

Grow up you folks, no one is going anywhere after death.
You go to the ground or get burnt.

Na wah for you.
Is that all you could make out
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Zeecrespo(m): 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
Only God no watin go hapon no one should judge
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ferdspiration: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chiscomax:
If say na me post this one e for MO male front page o
pls explain to me aw i wld b able to post a topic
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by DanielGb(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
in as much as He keeps his faith and seek God in the process of Service. His duty is to protect his Nation from external forces.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ZUBY77(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
Icecomrade:

Na wah for you.
Is that all you could make out

It's more like reality.
Your heaven is still an imagination
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
gunpoint:

angry U are now God, i want to blast u, buh if not am coming back from the church i would have blasted u, some of the things that people believe is neither in the bible or in koran, Heaven is meant for everybody it now depends on you whether to grab it or not, Try and grow up
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ZUBY77(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sugarhugs:
Well, it is simple, if the soldier is God fearing and doesn't kill unjustly, cheat nor oppress his fellow brethren and obey Gods word, then he has no problem. My uncle is a military man and from his attitude he owes his life to God,respects him and obey his word and also goes to church whenever he is not on duty.

So now we can safely say that 'thou shall not kill" has a hidden clause in God's commandments.

Uncle Moses must have erased that part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by ignis: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
gunpoint:

Go and stand on the gate of heaven and stop any police man or woman who wants to enter.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
There is nothing like heaven to make. People should stop believing in fairy tales to be real.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Agimor(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
Moronic question. You Op are you more righteous than military men? Everyone has an equal chance of making heaven irrespective of your profession. Less you forget the man Jesus Christ made a promise to that today you will be with me in paradise on the cross was core criminal.even olosho go first most holy than thou make heaven.

My £5.2B cent!
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by captainjoh(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
englishmart:
just wondering if a soldier who has maybe killed many, whether in the war front or whichever means can finally make heaven if he or she dies...
very dull question, you answer this one. Can a priest who is a soldier make heaven?
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by donem: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
According to Jesus its more easy for a soldier to make heaven than a rich man.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Bollinger(m): 1:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
Zceesneh:
Lolx, guy what is the other guy talking about

I blame myself for trying to educate him for so long. It was like arguing with a toddler.
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by bmos(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
[quote author=Daraph post=40037606]Rhetorical /quote]

Yes, very well. You better go join the army if you intend to make heaven quicker
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Yes of course! God lead d children of Isreal 2 war Himself nd promised dem victory severally doz pipo he lead were soldiers. D world nd everytin dat hppns in it is all abt God's judgement man's opinion is not needed @ all, if nt i may also wnt 2 ask dsame question u askd. God is not against d law of d land so far is made 2 save nd protect His pipo against evil e.g(Boko haram). Okk??
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by tolaxin(m): 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
a soldier in the human army is in a delusion. can two walk together except they be agreed ? what business has light with darkness ?

so can a soldier make heaven ? no. his being in the army is punishment by God. God takes you to places where you will suffer well well as punishment for sins and the army is one of those places because your eye go see pepper if you are an infantry man lol

so your being in the army and killing people means you are wicked and God is using your wickedness for his own benefit. all those who you killed had to get killed anyway but God used you to do it

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

bro do you realize you just spat some trashundecided
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by achorladey: 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Igbadun yr comment @Harristo

1 Like

Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by HighIQ(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
sukkot:
a soldier in the human army is in a delusion. can two walk together except they be agreed ? what business has light with darkness ?

so can a soldier make heaven ? no. his being in the army is punishment by God. God takes you to places where you will suffer well well as punishment for sins and the army is one of those places because your eye go see pepper if you are an infantry man lol

so your being in the army and killing people means you are wicked and God is using your wickedness for his own benefit. all those who you killed had to get killed anyway but God used you to do it

proverbs 16 vs 4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
u are no serious for misleading people. So they shld leave boko haram to kill all of us and we shld stop defending ourselves from the wicked ones. You must be a wicked fellow
Re: Can A Soldier Go To Heaven? by Xmen149(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
We still have worrior angels (arc angels) and they are still in heaven...Killing is killing,Only God almighty knows how to grade it up their...lol...some of the old prophets are soldiers sef..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / "You Fornicate After Fasting And Prayer, Church Crusade" - Young Lady Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.