Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand (43525 Views)

My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially / My Sister Is Married To The Most Chronic Cheat Ever. Please I Need Advice / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Pidggin(f): 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
Send her to live with a relative in the village.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Epatty(f): 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Am so sorry to say ds but its d truth... Dats d effect of a broken home, n if care is nt taken, she will also b a victim. She will continue to behave d way she do, unless she's beaten n sent to anoda environment entirely. I support wat ur mum wants to do. Its nt ha wish to send ha away bt dats d best tn to do for nw. She's young n wont survive all dat, moreover, she dosn't ve any 'gud' certificate yet, for wok. God will help u all.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by jomoh: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:

You need to read this.

Politicos:
Parental failure. Before I put forward workable suggestions, let me state categorically that you all have failed to raise a child. Who feeds her? Who buys her clothes? Who shelters her? Unless this story is fictional, I am shocked that after begetting a baby through reckless sexual exploration you guys still cannot stamp your authority over her. You gave her too much room too early. Here is the return!

1. Ground her. She is a dependent minor who is not up to an adult by law. Do this religiously! If she must be cared for, she must submit herself to guardian authority.

2. When last was she spanked? Occasional spanking expels foolishness! I see a pampered brat, raised with buttered words.

3. Confront the randy dude and severe their bond using social, lawful and spiritual measures.

4. Force her to work in the family business or she forfeits whatever luxury it offers.

5. Be warned! Don't send her away! She will return again with a greater bag of shame for the family.

Let's start from here...

@bold

Legally she's still a minor. Take her and the guy to a police station so the guy can know the consequence of having sex with a minor.

Legal she's still a minor so she cannot raise a child. Let your mum adopt the child legally thereby taking the baby away from her.

Consider sending her to school again and preferably in a very strict environment. Y'all need to be really strong and dump all this western idea of counselling.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by jabojafa(m): 6:39pm On Nov 15, 2015
HaneefahRN:
She is being naive. I think u guys over pampered her though, how can someone who got preg at tht tender age still av the guts to be disrespectful to the pple caring for her, if the family had made her realise was she did was shameful and wld not be tolerated a 2nd time she wldn't try tht rubbish. Don't be surprised when she comes back home with a 2nd preg from tht same irresponsible boy.
This same thn happened to a neighbour of mine while she was in sch, the girl had d 1st child, they didn't curb her and she brought another 1 again from a different man, sadly her younger sis followed her step.
U av to let her learn the hard way, since she thinks she is matured enof. Trying to severe her bonds wt tht randy boy myt nt work. Since she wants to go to him, call the boy and his family, arrange their marriage, whatever she sees there let her learn from it. It's then she'll appreciate u for trying to make her life better, bt since she wants to be ambitionless leave her.
leaving to herself isnt d best decision. Our ppl say ''an okro plant can neva be taller dan d owner'' since she suckd ur mum's breast and der is absolutely nothing impossible for God to do den d place of prayer must neva be neglected. Also sending her away since she is nt married or becom an adult yet then u, ur broda n mum have to employ wot eva means to instill discipline into her. You guys hv to be hard on her especially ur elder broda. Dont eva neglect d rod of correction. Finally Shilow is starting on d 8th of Dec, and i think u shd mk it a date with d God of Shilow bring ur sista along to God physically or making her ur only prayer request.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by MrBasketball: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
blessedfavoured:

Why are you both concerned about her eggs lmao.
You're very funny! gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by dionflex: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
Take her to Sambisa Forest
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by UniqueGem(m): 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
Now to what to do.....
This is not a case to be treated softly, your sister has refused to listen to you and is clinging instead to a guy that abandoned and denied her. Damn! The thought alone is disgusting. Your brother should sit up as the man of the house, he should go to that useless boys house and confront him, call him and his family out and threaten to deal with them if they don't stop taking undue advantage of your sister. The good here is that your sister is still a teen and not an adult. Remind them your sister is kid, a 17years old girl who doesn't know anything. Threaten to involve the authorities(soldiers and lawyers. No police pls) if their son doesn't stop taking advantage of your sister. Go home and let your sister know that since she doesn't want things to be done smoothly, that you are ready to ply that hard route she is suggesting. Re-arrange everything in her life(assert your authority for f sake, she is a kid who knows nothing.). Change her schedule, let her join you or your brother in whatever you are into, no leaving the house without your permission, time her if she has to go out, ask her what she needs money for when she asks for it. Take total charge of her life, she is a kid. If anything goes wrong, people will blame your family and not her because she is still a small girl.
You guys have failed massively in raising a child. Unwanted pregnancy, unruly behaviour, unrepentant, late nights, dumb, daft, drop out, nearly useless, et all. All this at 17? Common, i mean common, you guys have failed so far. But the Good news is that its not late. Grab the bull by the horn before she turns 18 oo.
Agathabishen
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
it is true that you love her,but you have to understand that not everybody learn by advice. Some have to learn by experience. And your sis happen to fall into this category.

Right now,she sees you people as an obstacle. Allow your mum to send her out to go meet those people she always go to. let he figure out who her true friends are. Cos you can't do anything for her.

You people have pampared her much. Its time she feel the reality of life.

I admire you mum's courage. It reminds me of how my mum arrest me with soldier's anytime I miss behave. Nobody tell man pikin to mellow grin

Initially I thought she hated me,but I now see the benefit of the person I have become.u
C
[/size]

Wow ur mum is gangsterrr. I like her
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by lahit14(m): 6:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Politicos:
Parental failure. Before I put forward workable suggestions, let me state categorically that you all have failed to raise a child. Who feeds her? Who buys her clothes? Who shelters her? Unless this story is fictional, I am shocked that after begetting a baby through reckless sexual exploration you guys still cannot stamp your authority over her. You gave her too much room too early. Here is the return!

1. Ground her. She is a dependent minor who is not up to an adult by law. Do this religiously! If she must be cared for, she must submit herself to guardian authority.

2. When last was she spanked? Occasional spanking expels foolishness! I see a pampered brat, raised with buttered words.

3. Confront the randy dude and severe their bond using social, lawful and spiritual measures.

4. Force her to work in the family business or she forfeits whatever luxury it offers.

5. Be warned! Don't send her away! She will return again with a greater bag of shame for the family.

Let's start from here...

Op this is ur ansa, forget abt all those peopl telln u to let her be, they'r joke stars!!! Bigtime! A 17 years old girl, a small spoilt rat becos she has eaten the forbidden fruit and bore a child doesn't hav any right to trouble ya'all. If anytin she should show contrition for shaming ya'all and live what's remaining of her life by ya'alls grace, doing everytin she can to mend her life and makeup for her stupidity. Op dat ur bother sef. Nawa!!
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by haywire07(m): 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Councelliing won't work anymore . Let her learn the hard way . Send her to her boyfriend's house and she will know wat it feels to be a woman .

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Originalsly: 6:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
"You can take the horse to the water...but you can't make him drink it". Talk until you drop.... it goes in her left ear and out the right. You and your family are a big part of the problem. Support your mother in putting her out....let her go live with her baby father and face the full reality if life...the reality that to date you guys are sheltering her from. If she spends the day with her "in laws"....did you ever stop too think why she doesn't stay overnight? One reason....they don't want their sleep be disturbed by the crying baby....nor to be attending to the baby during the night. Let her go stay there....she would have the full responsibility of caring for the baby and would have to follow the rules and instructions of the guy's mother...and no doubt be doing lots of work. In a few weeks she would be begging to return home and you guys can set conditions under which she can return. It's called tough love.

5 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
A bird that dances in the middle of the road, has its drummer. So goes an igbo proverb.
When a child decides to play in a ripe pepper garden, when sweat comes, he will definetly wipe off drips of sweat on his eyes.
Your sister is dancing surugede, but don't know such dances belong to evil spirit.
Marry her off.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by KanwuliaJara: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Kanwuliajara come o.how you see this matter. Especially as it has to do with a delinquent /unnreasonable teen mom

How do you deal with a child with a child? undecided
With one generation of uselessness glaring, that child has to be saved.

DOUBLE JEOPARDY? undecided

You wanno throw away the baby with the "toto wota"? grin

The dangers of DADALESS BABY HOMES are numerous. When the presence of a father-figure is minimal in a young girl's life, she becomes EVER-WILLING to open her azzzzze for any "replacement". embarassed
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by eightsin(m): 6:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
You people make me laugh.. these teenagers are ready to fight you. Do not be surprised that if the op attempt to discipline her, she might run to the kitchen and come back with a knife all in an attempt to stab the op.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by miqos02(m): 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by MrBasketball: 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
eightsin:
You people make me laugh.. these teenagers are ready to fight you. Do not be surprised that if the op attempt to discipline her, she might run to the kitchen and come back with a knife all in an attempt to stab the op.
That's true! All these teenagers that evil spirits control them easily.

She want to live hard life, she will learn her lesson from there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by UniqueGem(m): 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
eightsin:
As the only male in my family, i'd rather be dead than watch my 17years old sister rot in the hands of a fellow man i'm probably older than(when she's not married to him). Its ridicule to their family.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by diamondzs(f): 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:
Good day house, I have a younger sister who is almost 17yrs. She gave birth to a baby boy june last year, the boy that inpregnated her denied the pregnancy but we rallied around her as a family and bought everything she need and also take care of her and the baby. But just some months after she gave birth she always argue and exchange words with my mum. She will always carry the baby to the baby daddy & stay till around 10pm. She doesn't want to help my mum in the house, I am a poultry farmer & she always steals egg from my farm & takes it to her baby daddy‘s mum. She disrespects me, my mum & my elder brother always. I have alot of dreams for my sister & i wanted her to have a good future but she is already a drop out. Now my mother wants to send her out of the house but i still want her to make good use of her life but she doesn't see it that way.

House what can i do to put her back on track? Thanks
She's a woman & a mother now, since she isn't remorseful over wat she did d best is to send her out to her baby daddy's & stop killing ur mother emotionally...

2 Likes

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:
Good day house, I have a younger sister who is almost 17yrs. She gave birth to a baby boy june last year, the boy that inpregnated her denied the pregnancy but we rallied around her as a family and bought everything she need and also take care of her and the baby. But just some months after she gave birth she always argue and exchange words with my mum. She will always carry the baby to the baby daddy & stay till around 10pm. She doesn't want to help my mum in the house, I am a poultry farmer & she always steals egg from my farm & takes it to her baby daddy‘s mum. She disrespects me, my mum & my elder brother always. I have alot of dreams for my sister & i wanted her to have a good future but she is already a drop out. Now my mother wants to send her out of the house but i still want her to make good use of her life but she doesn't see it that way.

House what can i do to put her back on track? Thanks
GET URSELF TOGETHER BRO. FIRST I WANT U TO KNOW THAT U CAN'T FORCE HER AGAINST ER WILL. IF U DO, U ARE JUST WASTING UR TIME. GET HER INTO A ROOM WHERE ALL UR IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS ARE. LET HER KNOW WHY U PPL WOULD THROW HER OUT. THREATHING HER WITH THE EVICTION UNLESS SHE IS READY TO MOVE IN WITH THAT GUY. IF SHE OPTS,LET HER KNOW WHY SHE MUST GO AND MOVE IN WITH D GUY,IF TRULY THEY ARE REALLY SEEING EACH ODA STILL. IF THIS IS TRIED AND YET THE GUY WON'T TAKE HER IN, U ALREADY HAVE AN UPPER HAND BY LETTING HER DOWN AND MAKING HER MARRY D GUY AT ALL COST. IN DSAME VEIN. U GUYS MUST LET HER IN BACK ONLY ON D CONDITION THAT SHE WOULD EITHER FINISH SCHOOL OR LEARN A TRADE. U MUST BE FIRM ON THAT
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by BIDOO(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
misspicy:
slap sense into her head undecided
And inversely I should as well slap out frivolous from you cool
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by BIDOO(m): 6:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
misspicy:
slap sense into her head undecided
And inversely I should as well slap out frivolous from you cool
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Lifebender(m): 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
ministerblessed:
[s]I know dis mite sound harsh but just let her be.... She feels she's matured, allow her learn on her own. The only tin u can do for her is pray,dnt stop praying. Don't try to apply force as u mite get d opposite response.[/s]

Agathabishen,pls pls pls..ignore this idea totally.Dont let her be.Restrict her movement.,seems she's a free bird.And start talking sense into her head with love.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by ewizard1: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Agathabishen:
i tried talking to her & i always give her some practical advice showing her some women around who made the kind of mistake she make but no change.
If I'm rigth, she's your younger one! Are you scared of her or something?
Like someone said earlier, she think she's matured after having a baby (actually, all lady think luike that). Even my younger sister who is a mother now, them never born am well make I talk, make she grumble.
Let her know she's still a younger one to you. Let her leave the house and go learn like Flashh said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Seculent: 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
ClassCaptain:

What about your own life?? Hope u leading my example....What bout your Father involvement ??
Why the interview?

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by ewizard1: 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Flashh:
I can see you love her so much as a sister and you don't want her to be completely useless, but seems she don't want to change for good.

I am not in support of your mum sending her out of the house, but some folks loves to experience hard life before they would be able to pick some senses.
Well and Perfectly Said!

#YouDeserve1BottleOfOrigin
#Ibile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Seculent: 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lifebender:

Agathabishen,pls pls pls..ignore this idea totally.Dont let her be.Restrict her movement.,seems she's a free bird.And start talking sense into her head with love.
You dey mind that girl.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
The missing dog would never here d whistle of d hunter...... sad
I pity her life cos she wl end of becoming a nuisance to d family angry
angry
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by daclint(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Give her a well packaged Shawn Michael's sweet chin music, Thank me later
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by eightsin(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
UniqueGem:
As the only male in my family, i'd rather be dead than watch my 17years old sister rot in the hands of a fellow man i'm probably older than(when she's not married to him). Its ridicule to their family.

If it were you, you will find out soon enuf that u are bluffing. How do you think all these hot water bath start? And then she will live with the boy tomorrow while you are disfigured
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by MossLuv: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
The only person that can talk sense into her is her baby dad. Invite the guy and tell him why the future of his baby mama is paramount and should be take seriously. I mean u pple must accept the baby dad whole-hearted.

1 Like

Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by ewizard1: 7:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
diamondzs:

She's a woman & a mother now, since she isn't remorseful over wat she did
d
best is to send her out to her baby daddy's & stop killing ur mother emotionally...
Abi ooo... When she's even suppose to be sorry for soiling the family's reputation.
Re: Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand by InvertedHammer: 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2015
/
Your family is reaping the fruit of bad parenting.

The signs were there but you chose to ignore it.

The respect is lost already. Too late.

Your sister got pregnant at 16 and your parents let the boy walk free like nothing happened. Your parents failed your sister and your family. She is not a consenting "adult".

/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

An American Woman With Two Husbands And Three Children Is Causing A Stir Online / 107 Year Old Man Weds 95 Year Old Woman In Plateau / A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.