Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) (69907 Views)

Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? / Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. / The Official Ukwuani Thread: Ukwuani Bu Ani Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
jayrule:
This Ehikwe is an idiot. very very ignorant. it seems his skull is a sap. he lacks the ability to comprehend. always jumping to conclusions like a fool. so silly and annoying.

LWKMD!!!
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Coldsteel(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
Most stupid question of the year if you ask me. I'm not much of an Igbo speaker but i do know Ukwu = Low and Ani = Land (Ukwuani) in Igbo means LowLand just as Enu = High and Ani = Land (Enuani) means HighLand .And some morons are still asking if they are Igbos

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Collins4u1(m): 12:30am On Mar 11, 2017
[b]Listening to Prince Smart Willams track.. Where's he from cos he is singing about Ndokwa and Ukwani and i presune he's singing in his local dialect. Well i do understand what he's singing even if it seems like am not gonna grab by the time he's done with his sentences i will grab cos the intonations differs a bit, but he's speaking Igbo.. Love you all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Ossaifamous(m): 1:27am On May 09, 2017
AndreUweh:

The above post is rubbish. Why not say Owoh and Yoruba are similar and not the same. Also, why not say Offa and Yoruba are not the same but similar. You hardly see iidiots making this type of argument. When it comes to the Igbo, people tend to display their stupidy by claiming; Ukwuani is not Igbo but similar, Okigwe is not Igbo but similar etc. Why can't drop-outs in Nairaland know that in Igboland just like in Yorubaland, there are so many dialectical variations.
foolishness always manifest itself. if you can't make a valid point without insult then you shouldn't be quoting me
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by kpaminose: 1:26am On May 11, 2017
Collins4u1:
[b]Listening to Prince Smart Willams track.. Where's he from cos he is singing about Ndokwa and Ukwani and i presune he's singing in his local dialect. Well i do understand what he's singing even if it seems like am not gonna grab by the time he's done with his sentences i will grab cos the intonations differs a bit, but he's speaking Igbo.. Love you all
Ukwani musicians always sing in a language very close to central Igbo. anybody that understands Igbo will understand Ukwani music without much stress but I bet you won't understand much when they speak it. I think that's their strategy to get more people listen to their music

1 Like

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by KristenT: 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2018
[color=#990000][/color]just as many before me has commented, the thing about ethnicity is about self identification. If the ukwanis say they are not igbos it is ok. But the question is do they see themselves as not igbos out of well founded and informed choice? Or a mere minority sentiment held by certain mischievous persons? I think it is high time we told them, we are igbos not because a monolithic language place us as one but because we have traces of certain linguistic variants.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Ofodirinwa: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2018
Totoeater:
@ poster,
Ukwani people are not Ibo. period. i can give you several examples.

languages:

1. when an ukwani wants to end a discusion especially with elders. they end it with ( Ishiegwali) thats not igbo. the Urhobohs call it (Misegwari)

most ukwani names are sometimes Bini like.
infact let me get these facts and get back to this thread.

please be patient with me.

LOL Ishi agwuli in my village is 'The meeting has ended'. Stop this nonsense
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Which village,? The state
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Ofodirinwa: 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Which village,? The state
imo
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by ehikwe22: 8:02am On Mar 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

shut up guy. You people are becoming a laughing stock. Isheguari and ishi agwuli are entirely two different things. What's the problem with you guys?
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Ojiofor: 6:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
People are still debating over this crap in 2018,SMH.
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Andrew02: 7:33pm On Apr 26, 2020
For your information the ukwani people are a mixture of southern Igbo and igarra people respectively
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Jaybeee1: 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
If they claim to know their history and say they are not igbos why not let them be.must your force your identity on them
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by Abagworo(m): 9:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Watch Ukwuani people argue it out themselves and as you can see the pro-Igbo guy had no stress proclaiming his Igboness with very simple points whereas the anti-Igbo guy's flimsy point is that Igbos bare Kelechi whereas his name is Kenechi ignorantly not knowing that Northern Igbos bare Kenechi while Kelechi is more popular in the South. There is nothing more difficult than defending falsehood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd6CjBQ1rgE

4 Likes

Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by criuze(m): 11:22am On Jan 23, 2021
if ukwuani says they are not igbos it doesn't mean they are not of igbo stock. ok

Onitsha people and Anam and even Aguleri the ancestral igbo shrine call us igbos ,onye igbo

therefore it better to reverse the topic to what is the political meaning of the term 'Onye Igbo'
Re: Are Ukwuani People Igbos(ukwuani People Please Talk) by hitmanogo: 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2021
Ukwanis origin as Igbo.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / The African Phenotype Diversity Thread / Nigerian Woman Kneels Down For Ooni Of Ife In America During Interaction (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.