Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? (13647 Views)

Ipob Attack Yorubas In Aba / NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi / A Brief History Of OKUN - The Yorubas In Kogi State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by emmysoftyou: 7:54am On Nov 17, 2015
temitemi1:
Yes, I'm proudly Okun cool
you re yoruba bro, but your long supports for jonathan i even thought you re from ijaws?
You act differently from your yoruba people.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Lobolintin(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2015
meforyou1:
osogbo
u Dom s!OE osogbonweed ??
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by babadee1(m): 8:39am On Nov 17, 2015
mike404:
KWARA STATE IS A YORUBA LAND LOL YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY SET OF PEOPLE. LEMME REMIND YOU THAT ILORIN IS AN ISLAMIC CALIPHATE. ANY ATTEMPT BY YALL YORUBA LAND GRABBERS TO ANNEX KWARA STATE WILL BE RESISTED BY YA Fulani MASTERS.

KWARA STATE WAS CONQUERED VIA JIHAD AND SO SHALL IT BE

Ilorin is just one town in Kwara state which is a very big state. Most of the towns and villages in Kwara state are Yoruba including Ilorin by the way, even though it is ruled by an Emir.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by BENZINA(m): 9:02am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have it on good authority that kwara state as presently known belong to the Urhobos. Kogi belong to the Ibibios. Ekiti belong to the Itsekiris. Oyo belong to the Ijaws along with Osun. Delta belong to fulani, Rivers and Akwa Ibom belong to the Igalas, Cross river, Edo and Bayelsa states are the ancestral lands of the Yorubas. And Lagos belongs to know one. It was originally the territory of Adam who is the father of all. I'm sorry Binis, you have no land in Nigeria. But you can try Benin republic

Everybody should prepare to return to their lands.

Truckpusher take note
Satisfied!
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by goooze(m): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You mean there are Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi, are you sure? Be careful oo before people begin to call Yoruba land grabbers. Kwara & Kogi are in MB not SW.
I am a Yoruba from kogi
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by bigakin: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2015
pls go to Mr google
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by devilishM: 9:13am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have it on good authority that kwara state as presently known belong to the Urhobos. Kogi belong to the Ibibios. Ekiti belong to the Itsekiris. Oyo belong to the Ijaws along with Osun. Delta belong to fulani, Rivers and Akwa Ibom belong to the Igalas, Cross river, Edo and Bayelsa states are the ancestral lands of the Yorubas. And Lagos belongs to know one. It was originally the territory of Adam who is the father of all. I'm sorry Binis, you have no land in Nigeria. But you can try Benin republic

Everybody should prepare to return to their lands.

Truckpusher take note

Buhahahahaha. Lwkmd
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by devilishM: 9:38am On Nov 17, 2015
rhymaster:

Another dumbass Igbo learned only one Yoruba word in his life and he now thinks he has earned the right to educate us about our language? Oko, oko, oko, oko, oko...how many have I listed can have different intonations and mean different things, prove it! Imale is now imole? What an idiot? Imale, imale, imale, imalile, are all have meanings in Yoruba with different intonations, list them! No, you dolt cannot because you think sneaking into Yoruba land by night bus will qualify you as a Yoruba afte 100 years of deceiving yourself that you are Yoruba because we accommodated you in Yorubaland? You guys are just too dull to be animals, not to mention human beings!

Lmaoooo. God bless you.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by dassyslimmy(m): 9:46am On Nov 17, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
There are no Yorubas in Kwara/Kogi at all

Kwara state is home to Igbos,Ibibios,Efik,Aniomas,Urhobos and Itsekiris.Kogi too the same

Igbos are the majority in the two states tho.They make up about 73% in Kwara and 69% in Kogi

freedom of speech has being misused here. for ur information,kwara state is dominated by yorubas nd nupes(tapa).
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by modath(f): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2015
dassyslimmy:

freedom of speech has being misused here. for ur information,kwara state is dominated by yorubas nd nupes(tapa).

The sarcasm passed you by! cool

4 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by tommiesyn: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
@EUROBOMBER

Are you asking to know or diss?
Kwara is zoned Middle Belt geographically, that doesn't dictate the languages spoken there.

I can say majority of Kwarans speak Yoruba (70% or more) through different parts of the state (Offa, Omu aran, Oro, Ilorin, Share, etc).
Meanwhile, some Ilorin indigenes have Fulani origin, hence, they speak Fulfude too(not sure of the spelling please).

Kogi goes by the same (though with a lesser percentage). Kogi is a mix of several tribes with different languages (Okun, Ebira, Igala, etc).
Okuns speak clear Yoruba and dialectal Yoruba too (Okun) through Yagba, Ijumu, Kabba, etc.

I speak "Yoruba Ilorin", "Yoruba Ibolo" and Okun (technically)

2 Likes

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by coolitempa(f): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
rhymaster:

Another dumbass Igbo learned only one Yoruba word in his life and he now thinks he has earned the right to educate us about our language? Oko, oko, oko, oko, oko...how many have I listed can have different intonations and mean different things, prove it! Imale is now imole? What an idiot? Imale, imale, imale, imalile, are all have meanings in Yoruba with different intonations, list them! No, you dolt cannot because you think sneaking into Yoruba land by night bus will qualify you as a Yoruba afte 100 years of deceiving yourself that you are Yoruba because we accommodated you in Yorubaland? You guys are just too dull to be animals, not to mention human beings!

This is brutal.......see finishing.... cheesy
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by scholes0(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
superstar1:

Point of correction, the yorubas in Kogi State -- Yagba east and Yagba West LGA are not migrants They are staying on the land Oduduwa bestowed onto them.

Their sub-group is Okun family, a branch of the Igbomina group of yorubas.

Okun are closer to Ekiti than Igbominas though.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Donarozzi: 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

My question goes thus, is kwara state Yoruba land and are there Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi?

"Yoruba-speaking people in Kwara State, the Kwara South Consultative Forum (KSCF) and Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG), have called on members of the ongoing national conference to effect a boundary adjustment to merge the Yorubas of Kwara and Kogi states with the Yoruba of the South West geo-political zone of the country."

http://www.ilorin.info/fullnews.php?id=10658

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/confab-kwara-yoruba-seek-reunion-with-south-west/

http://www.blueprint.ng/2014/05/26/okun-yoruba-of-kogi-sos-to-national-confab/
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 9:28am On Nov 20, 2015
Either ways, you're still a mumu
Aareonakakanfo:

Which one are you talking about?

Benin Republic or Benin city?

because Benin city is the one I was reffering to
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 9:36am On Nov 20, 2015
EUROBOMBER

are you that daft?? The Yoruba's are not claiming MB. Why are you stirring dispute here? Yoruba land starts and ends in the SW. Igbo land starts and ends in the SE. The Yoruba's know their boundaries, unlike you biafrans who only have "land grabbing" on your minds.
EUROBOMBER:

This thread is not about claiming people are not, what I want to point out is that Yoruba land is bigger than SW and there are indigenious Yorubas in MB.

This is the same with Igbos, our land extends into SS and we have ingigenous Igbos in the SS. People should accepts this fact, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by iconize(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2015
trapQ:
EUROBOMBER

are you that daft?? The Yoruba's are not claiming MB. Why are you stirring dispute here? Yoruba land starts and ends in the SW. Igbo land starts and ends in the SE. The Yoruba's know their boundaries, unlike you biafrans who only have "land grabbing" on your minds.

You're a stark illiterate!

You've started making preposterous and vacuous claims which when you're called upon to defend - you flee.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2015
Get lost... Lang grabber.

Everyone has denied you. Go alone.
iconize:

You're a stark illiterate!

You've started making preposterous and vacuous claims which when you're called upon to defend - you flee.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 20, 2015
trapQ:
EUROBOMBER

you are the daft one here for failing to realise that Ilorin is part of the ancestral lands of the Yoruba and will always be Yoruba land if Nigeria breaks tomorrow. Don't think they will abandone their land because of some phanthom MB created by Nigeria.

Igboland extends into ya ss, go and kill yaself.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2015
trapQ:

Denying the truth does not change the truth. If you are a short man and you continue to deny it everyday shouting at the top of ya voice that you are tall to the extent that you even believe it, it does not change the fact the you are short.

Igboland extends into Delta & Rivers states, go and hand yaself and end ya misery.

Shouting everywhere that Igboland ends in SE will not change the truth, so go and die.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 10:35am On Nov 20, 2015
You sound like a mad man, so pls go fix your madness
EUROBOMBER:

Denying the truth does not change the truth. If you are a short man and you continue to deny it everyday shouting at the top of ya voice that you are tall to the extent that you even believe it, it does not change the fact the you are short.

Igboland extends into Delta & Rivers states, go and hand yaself and end ya misery.

Shouting everywhere that Igboland ends in SE will not change the truth, so go and die.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2015
Such a fool...

You need to sign into rehab soonest before your case degenerates.

Read my words, "No one owns another". The Yoruba's aren't claiming kwara land, and they have no right to do so. Kwara will on their own decide whether or not to join Them in the case of a secession.

Your "land grabbing" mind didn't know that.
EUROBOMBER:

you are the daft one here for failing to realise that Ilorin is part of the ancestral lands of the Yoruba and will always be Yoruba land if Nigeria breaks tomorrow. Don't think they will abandone their land because of some phanthom MB created by Nigeria.

Igboland extends into ya ss, go and kill yaself.

1 Like

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Adeshizzy: 10:53am On Nov 20, 2015
akins56:
you just spoke my mind ma'am, we yoruba's in the SW do not lay claim to the yoruba's outside of SW, infact we have some kind of funny names we refer to them as, they are the ones always wishing to be part of the yoruba commonwealth, we no dey woo anybody!

you said it all..
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Adeshizzy: 10:58am On Nov 20, 2015
dassyslimmy:

bro..he's just being sarcastic ..lool
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 20, 2015
trapQ:
Such a fool...

You need to sign into rehab soonest before your case degenerates.

Read my words, "No one owns another". The Yoruba's aren't claiming kwara land, and they have no right to do so. Kwara will on their own decide whether or not to join Them in the case of a secession.

Your "land grabbing" mind didn't know that.

Ilorin is Yoruba land whether they are claiming it or not.

yorubaland extends into MB and Igboland extends into SS. This is the truth and whether you accept it or not does not change it.

Lmao!

You sound pained, lol. Go and hang yaself and end your misery.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by iconize(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2015
trapQ:

You're a fcking stark illiterate!

You think people won't notice you when you run amok making ridiculous claims like a deranged smackhead?

Fck whoever conceived a waste of space like you.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
A fool at 40 is a fool forever.

Kindly locate the nearest rehab center. I doubt if you can be cured tho. You'll meet lots of fellow senile schizophrenics there wink
EUROBOMBER:

Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by trapQ: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
You just insulted your descendants and generation unborn.

Brainless swine..
Quote me at your own peril. I don't converse with people who have a deficiency of chromosomes.
iconize:

You're a fcking stark illiterate!

You think people won't notice you when you run amok making ridiculous claims like a deranged smackhead?

Fck whoever conceived a waste of space like you.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by iconize(m): 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2015
trapQ:
[s]You just insulted your descendants and generation unborn.

Brainless swine..
Quote me at your own peril. I don't converse with people who have a deficiency of chromosomes.[/s]

You're just one fcking stark illiterate who has refused to learn.

The gorilla-like man that sired you have a deficiency of chromosomes, hence yo' incestuous momma delivered an asinine twa_t, ie - you.

You see why yo' dumbness is not a surprise to me?
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by saints2(f): 3:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
mike404:
BROS IM JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS HERE. AFONJA SOLD YORUBAS INTO SLAVERY.

Afonja is a warlord in Kwara... He didn't sell the Yoruba's... Kwara would have been a better expression to your point.

All these I must speak Yoruba by force self...
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
trapQ:
A fool at 40 is a fool forever.

Kindly locate the nearest rehab center. I doubt if you can be cured tho. You'll meet lots of fellow senile schizophrenics there wink

Igboland is in ss, go and die you malnourished and cursed swine.
Re: Are There Yorubas In Kwara and Kogi? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2015
meforyou1:
no. Kwara is owned by fulani and dominated by nupe. Kogi is owned by igala and then there are igbiras there.
Any yoruba u see in kwara or in kogi is an immigrant.
Trust me
do u qo 2 skul at all?..u dnt no d difference between kwara nd illorin..wot a shame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aggrieved APC Governors, Others Plot Sabotage / Atiku Donates ₦50 Million To Victims Of Flood In Kano / Oshiomhole Celebrates With Uselu Market Women, Call For The Sack Of PDP (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.