Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai (33150 Views)

Governor Fayose, Others Risk Jail For Campaign Billboards / Funeral Of Aregbesola's Mother: Osinbajo, Okorocha, Fayose, Others Attend (PICS) / Fayose, Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Of Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by BABANGBALI: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2015
ghen ghen baba have start work on a national level,fayose and co go hear am grin
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by philips70(m): 8:21am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Lai Muhammed in his usual manner lied his way out of the whole issue. Did REMITA take the said 1% ? Yes or No?

Barca, even if I will restrain from addressing many ignorant comments here I cannot help but respond to yours. Reasons being that I know very well that by now you must have all the facts about this issue in your palms because you must have read them severally. Don't tell me you are not aware Systemspecs collected only N8.6b as their 5% share of the 1% and which they have since returned to CBN on the order of the governor. Don't tell me you are not aware the CBN has a share of 4% from this said 1% and also don't tell me you don't know the collecting banks keep 1% of it.
It is not everything we will have to play politics with. The man who raised this false alarm is APC and as we speak he's feeling so ashamed of himself after being serially schooled on the issue.

You will also not feign ignorance that the issue of 1% was settled by the last regime after it was beat down from 5% down to 3% but the CBN agreed on this 1%.
I don't know how any other person sees it but softwares and such services are not cheap. If a company mops up N1.25T and makes N8.5b from their professional services using a world class tool I do not see how that is a big deal. It is very clear here professional and habitual siphoners are not very happy with this policy. If you know the full implications of this TSA to looters, which I suspect you know you will not address the likes of Fayose and Dino less kindly than Lai did.

In case you don't know, those juicy committees they shared to themselves will turn out to be oranges without juice because of this policy. In the case of Fayose, he is just using this avenue to stop every attempt to draw his state into implementing such a policy that will open up the finances of his state to public scrutiny.

I will advise us to put partisan interests aside and resist all attempts to use these innuendos to frustrate this policy as it is the best thing to have happened to our economy.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by maestroferddi: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2015
egift:

Have you done any epayment before? Paypal, Mastercard, Interswitch, voguepay, payza, etc - If yes, what was the charge per transaction?

Fayose and the PDP are dabbling into matters they are ignorant of and twisting it for political grandstanding.
You are talking arrant nonsense.

We are talking of what is very likely to be insider collusion and you are talking of service charges.

Even a five-year-old kid knows that the rates chargeable for high volume transactions are invariably minimal so what is your point?

I suspected that this nebulous government of falsehood and propaganda will end up outdoing the previous administration in shenanigans and carefully concealed graft.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by roysean(m): 8:21am On Nov 17, 2015
I knew Fayose is almost always right as Lai Mohamed didn't deny that the cost of transaction is 1%. The question is how many of our trillions will this REMITA be paid 1% of? TSA =APC SCAM
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by 2kris(m): 8:23am On Nov 17, 2015
Aromas:

Abeg leave dat side bro, is quite obvious dat Fayose no too gallant in education but dat doesn't mean all what he shouting about REMITA account is baseless.
u are wasting ur time mentioning a paid poster.the will never see anything good in the likes of fayosi ffk,metuh,doyin
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:23am On Nov 17, 2015
Ajaoogbo:
Nigeria is really a joke! So you were accused of entering a contract that milks a whooping 1% of our revenue and all you could say was that the TSA has not got to the amount alleged and that people alleging should go back to Elementary school. Mr. Lai ,you should know that you're the mouthpiece of the government and it behooves on you to critically analyse any argument raised in favor or against any government policy. The era where you insult people in power as an opposition spokesperson has passed.

For the umpteenth time, the argument is that the percentage is too high and should be reduced to 0.1% as the volume of transaction expected to flow through it is huge. So take your premises from there!
The 'stupid' contract was signed by your hero GEJ . Buhari now has to clean your mess again ! In any case , the 1% charge seems to be based on international best practices .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Rexnegro(m): 8:24am On Nov 17, 2015
abe4kom:
This Lai character should know that he is now a minister of the federal republic. His era of talking like a Motor park tout is over.

Instead of clarifying the issue, all he could say was that the money in the account was not up to 2.5 trillion.

1% of 800 billion is 8 billion still. That is way too high for a 1 day charge mr Lai.
Even Barclays and citicorp don't charge like that.
bros go find out well it was gej/pdp that brought remita/systemspec and stupidly contracted nigeria with the 1% commission...so nobody from pdp should blame pmb/apc for it until d contract is over and renew.....so for me I don't no why pdp/fayose are just looking for a cheap points to score against pmb/vpyo govt....been an opposition really dey pain pdp...party full of bastards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by 49cents(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2015
egift:

Have you done any epayment before? Paypal, Mastercard, Interswitch, voguepay, payza, etc - If yes, what was the charge per transaction?

Fayose and the PDP are dabbling into matters they are ignorant of and twisting it for political grandstanding.

It's not compulsory to defend everything about Buhari's government

For very high transactions like those of an entire country like Nigeria, One percent is way too much and like we all know no politician will strike a deal with a private company that makes them earn a whooping N10B for a every N1trillion
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Samdemmy(m): 8:26am On Nov 17, 2015
A lot of Nigerians go about with smart phones but aren't smart at all. I can't just understand the noise about this TSA issue when a simple search on google will show you all you need to know about TSA and Remitta. For your information, the contract between the FG and Systemspecs (owners of the Remitta software) concerning the TSA was signed by the PDP-led government under GEJ and not Buhari, and they are well documented. Be smart people and stop turning yourselves to hopeless e-warriors and tools in the hands of politicians.

1 Like

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Demex40(m): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=madridguy post=40101108]He should just tender his fact to back up his claim. Opposition is good for our democracy but he should learn from APC. God Bless Nigeria.

By sayin nigeria will be ungovernable, is that what u want them [PDP] to learn?
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by margclever: 8:29am On Nov 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

No 1% is collected by REMITA, rather it shares 1% with the CBN and commercial banks. Fayose should learn to control his utterances. They do him more harm than good. During the campaigns, just because he wanted to abuse President Buhari, he ended up insulting his mother.
and did his release make such clarifications so that we can know govt position. U are not the info. Min
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2015
philips70:

Barca, even if I will restrain from addressing many ignorant comments here I cannot help but respond to yours. Reasons being that I know very well that by now you must have all the facts about this issue in your palms because you must have read them severally. Don't tell me you are not aware Systemspecs collected only N8.6b as their 5% share of the 1% and which they have since returned to CBN on the order of the governor. Don't tell me you are not aware the CBN has a share of 4% from this said 1% and also don't tell me you don't know the collecting banks keep 1% of it.
It is not everything we will have to play politics with. The man who raised this false alarm is APC and as we speak he's feeling so ashamed of himself after being serially schooled on the issue.

You will also not feign ignorance that the issue of 1% was settled by the last regime after it was beat down from 5% down to 3% but the CBN agreed on this 1%.
I don't know how any other person sees it but softwares and such services are not cheap. If a company mops up N1.25T and makes N8.5b from their professional services using a world class tool I do not see how that is a big deal. It is very clear here professional and habitual siphoners are not very happy with this policy. If you know the full implications of this TSA to looters, which I suspect you know you will not address the likes of Fayose and Dino less kindly than Lai did.

In case you don't know, those juicy committees they shared to themselves will turn out to be oranges without juice because of this policy. In the case of Fayose, he is just using this avenue to stop every attempt to draw his state into implementing such a policy that will open up the finances of his state to public scrutiny.

I will advise us to put partisan interests aside and resist all attempts to use these innuendos to frustrate this policy as it is the best thing to have happened to our economy.
Thank you for helping to further educate our miseducated PDP folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2015
....reporting for duty. Opposition, beware!
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Remii(m): 8:31am On Nov 17, 2015
philips70:

Don't mind them, don't they know that all POS payment has charges? Thye sit on internet wasting time while some guys are designing award winning software only to come here and complain, the COT may be high, but no one has stolen money since there was a singed contract.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by kevwemike: 8:35am On Nov 17, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Salaro
Wanna put some extra cash in your pocket no this is not a scam yes this is a 100% free all you have to do is click this link http://PayRefe.net/index.php?ref=321553 and follow the steps its easy as 123 who wouldn't wont $500 a day its free money lets get it
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by kevwemike: 8:36am On Nov 17, 2015
ALVA001:
T
Wanna put some extra cash in your pocket no this is not a scam yes this is a 100% free all you have to do is click this link http://PayRefe.net/index.php?ref=321553 and follow the steps its easy as 123 who wouldn't wont $500 a day its free money lets get it
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Ojayk(m): 8:36am On Nov 17, 2015
i believe Uncle Lai never said that as it was issued by the SA to the information minister on media.
Uncle Lai knows that he is now the mouthpiece of FRN and not APC and that issues raised by oppositions are addresed with facts and figures.
Fayose and others may not have attened nursey schools, but having the mandate of Ekiti state (a state with renowed letterd people) accords him the respect for that state by anybody in this world.
Please address FAYOSE's un-schooled views point by point with Cambrige schooled facts and figures in the most humane and democractic perspetive on which you stand to address us.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by datigbogirl: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Ajaoogbo:
Nigeria is really a joke! So you were accused of entering a contract that milks a whooping 1% of our revenue and all you could say was that the TSA has not got to the amount alleged and that people alleging should go back to Elementary school. Mr. Lai ,you should know that you're the mouthpiece of the government and it behooves on you to critically analyse any argument raised in favor or against any government policy. The era where you insult people in power as an opposition spokesperson has passed.

For the umpteenth time, the argument is that the percentage is too high and should be reduced to 0.1% as the volume of transaction expected to flow through it is huge. So take your premises from there!

Mohammed knows average Nigerians are foools who love to hear what he's saying.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by mindtricks: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2015
Ajaoogbo:

Such sound reasoning. The liar thinks he can keep lieing to people just like before. The earlier there's enough check on those in power the better for the masses. I choose not to trust these guys enough until positive change is seen materialized.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by possibilita(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2015
That's Naija 4 u
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by aksule(m): 8:41am On Nov 17, 2015
When Sanusi Lamido Sanusi was busy dishing out outrageous figures as the missing billions in dollars no one tells him to go back to school. We all know to whose advantage was that claim
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 17, 2015
Kwikwikwikwi

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:43am On Nov 17, 2015
philips70:

Bros, I have deliberately kept quiet on this subject because I know what's up! But some things are just not clear with respect to the 1%. I wanted to get full clarification from Alhaji Lai but he only gave half-information. For instance, who and who are to benefit from the said 1%? Why did the government negotiate % instead of a concise figure with the software providers? Why are these information not in public space?

As for Dino, he's a dung-head!
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by OnReflection: 8:44am On Nov 17, 2015
philips70:

Thanks for serving him a timely reminder.
In contrast to that commentator's rearguard attempt to mask current realities, seasoned political observers know that Melaye and Fayose are simply playing to the gallery - now that they appreciate the full import of TSA.

How Saraki, National Assembly Leaders Secretly Opposed Treasury Single Account

SaharaReporters has gathered more details regarding why members of the Nigerian Senate moved to clamp down on President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration over the Treasury Single Account (TSA).

Our investigation revealed that, in October, the leadership of the National Assembly led by Senator Bukola Saraki hatched out a secret arrangement to force Central Bank of Nigeria officials to exclude National Assembly accounts from the Treasury Single Account (TSA). The legislative leaders claimed that the TSA was hampering the National Assembly’s operations.

One source told SaharaReporters that some members of the National Assembly were not pleased that members of the executive branch would know details of their hitherto opaque financial transactions. They consulted CBN officials about ways of quietly opting out of the TSA. Our source stated that CBN officials could not make a commitment to remove legislative accounts from the TSA opting to inform President Buhari instead. However, when Mr. Buhari was informed of the arrangement, he immediately objected to excluding NASS accounts.

On learning of the president’s objection, Mr. Saraki mobilized other National Assembly leaders and invited CBN officials to a meeting in October. At the meeting, the legislators reportedly threatened to deal with the CBN if the regulatory bank’s officials did not exclude them from the TSA. A source familiar with the meeting told SaharaReporters disclosed that the lawmakers told CBN officials they had found out certain officials of the Buhari administration were using a third party, SystemSpecs Limited, to milk Nigeria through the TSA policy.

Our source revealed that, following the testy meeting, CBN officials decided to discontinue the 1% fee that was deducted from the federation account and paid to Systemspecs Limited for managing the TSA protocol. Officials of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s government had arranged for the 1% fee.

Our investigation revealed that the TSA protocol was first mooted in December 2011. In January 2012, the Jonathan Presidency signed an agreement with SystemSpecs, owners of the software used for TSA deposits. The implementation phase of the agreement was then signed in December 2013 authorizing the use of TSA as a payment platform.

Infuriated that they failed to get their accounts out of the TSA, Nigerian senators have raised a motion calling for a probe of the TSA. They claimed that the TSA was President Buhari’s agenda to steal money from the Nigerian treasury. However, CBN officials and the owners of Systemspecs openly declared that Mr. Buhari did not sign the service agreement between the Systemspecs and the Federal Government. In a letter sent to President Buhari, they explained that the service fee paid to SystemSpecs Limited ballooned after the Buhari administration ordered commercial banks to surrender all government funds in their possession, adding that the CBN then stopped the service charges.

A senator told SaharaReporters that Mr. Saraki was also upset about the TSA because of its deep impact on Heritage Bank, a commercial bank in which he and other members of his extended family have significant ownership stake. The source disclosed that Societe Generale Bank, which Mr. Saraki’s family virtually liquidated through reckless banking practices and corruption, had re-emerged as Heritage Bank. The CBN recently approved a merger of Heritage Bank and Enterprise Bank. With the introduction of the TSA policy, “the Senate President cannot just place the Senate’s funds in a bank where he has financial stake.”

As Governor of Kwara State, Mr. Saraki often funneled state funds into banks in which he had significant interests.

Our senatorial source also alleged that Mr. Saraki’s burgeoning legal fees had made the former governor desperate to fight the TSA in order to have unfettered access to the Senate’s budget. According to the senator, Mr. Saraki had hired a score of lawyers to scuttle his ongoing trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal. “His legal expenses are not a joke. That’s another reason he does not like how the TSA policy is standing in the way of his ability to dip his hands into the National Assembly funds to help settle some of his legal bills,” said the legislative source.
Source: How Saraki, National Assembly Leaders Secretly Opposed Treasury Single Account

1 Like

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by omolami: 8:45am On Nov 17, 2015
This Lie Mohammed should tell nigerians why there is fuel scarcity and what efforts his APC is doing to solve what ever problems. Nigerian already know that TSA is APC design to embezzle NIGERIAN money to fund campaign. We equally know that Lie Mohammed is a born liar , he thrives in telling lies to deceive Nigerians Therefore all his explanation here are bulkshit. He should go and park and address fuel scarcity
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by bashydemy(m): 8:48am On Nov 17, 2015
Holyman3:
All money erroneously charged by the company must be returned.

How does a company erroneously charge Federal government of any nation?

Bunch of rogues.

Fayose was right to make things more public.
So you mean a company should work for the Federal Government for free? If na your papa get the company will you ask him to work for free.. Mind you am not supporting anyone here but to work for free is what am against afterall they are also going to pay tax.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by feeloscar(m): 8:52am On Nov 17, 2015
Holyman3:
All money erroneously charged by the company must be returned.

How does a company erroneously charge Federal government of any nation?

Bunch of rogues.

Fayose was right to make things more public.
In who's regime was the said contract awarded? If really it's a fraud, then GEJ must be jailed for aiding and abating corruption.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by bashydemy(m): 8:53am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Lai Muhammed in his usual manner lied his way out of the whole issue. Did REMITA take the said 1% ? Yes or No?
REMITA never take 1%, They share the 1% with CBN and some other commercial banks that remit money into TSA through them.

1 Like

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by feeloscar(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2015
abe4kom:
This Lai character should know that he is now a minister of the federal republic. His era of talking like a Motor park tout is over.

Instead of clarifying the issue, all he could say was that the money in the account was not up to 2.5 trillion.

1% of 800 billion is 8 billion still. That is way too high for a 1 day charge mr Lai.
Even Barclays and citicorp don't charge like that.
Below is the response to your comment by egift :

1 Like

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by omogin(f): 8:57am On Nov 17, 2015
This guy must have pooed on his pampers again.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by billyG(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2015
How can a Guvnor b misleading d populace to say fed.govt want 2 use TSA money to conduct elections which kind of Bad product ekiti pple gav 2 nigeria so?
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by philips70(m): 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Bros, I have deliberately kept quiet on this subject because I know what's up! But some things are just not clear with respect to the 1%. I wanted to get full clarification from Alhaji Lai but he only gave half-information. For instance, who and who are to benefit from the said 1%? Why did the government negotiate % instead of a concise figure with the software providers? Why are these information not in public space?

As for Dino, he's a dung-head!

Now this a more correct position sourced and presented by ThisDay, a very credible source. Fayose and the likes of Dino should go back to elementary school as suggested by the indomitable Lai.

The controversy over the status of the processing fee approved for software firm, SystemSpecs, owner of the e-Payment and e-Collection platform, Remita, which serves as the gateway for the remittance of funds to the Treasury Single Account (TSA), has taken a new turn, as the service provider has petitioned President Muhammadu Buhari appealing that the fees earned for its services are paid. Also, documents obtained by THISDAY and other government sources have shown that contrary to earlier reports, the controversial one per cent commission charged on the transfer of funds to the TSA was approved by the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF) in the last administration, and not by the immediate past Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) who is now the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi II.

The 1 per cent commission, THISDAY also learnt does not solely belong to SystemSpecs but is shared by the firm which gets 50 per cent of the commission, CBN – 10 per cent, and the 22 commercial banks in the country – 40 per cent. Although the exact amount, being the 1 per cent commission charged on TSA transfers, was not specified in the letter to the president, other documents, which consisted of correspondence between the service providers and other agencies of government, exclusively obtained by THISDAY from government sources, showed that as at October 28, the total refund by all the banks, CBN and SystemSpecs, following the presidential directive, was N7,628,925,165.16 and that since October 27, there were no new charges on subsequent transfers.

Last week, the Senate had ordered its joint Committees on Finance, Banking and Other Financial Institutions and Public Accounts to probe the allegation that the e-Collection agent, Remita, had been paid 25 billion, being the 1 per cent commission it charged for the transfer of N2.5 trillion of federal government funds to the TSA.

Culled from http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-systemspecs-banks-demand-payment-of-n7-6bn-processing-fee/225775/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano To Separate Female From Male Passengers In Tricycles (Photo) / BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud / NYSC Scandal: Bolaji Abdullahi To Pick Kwara PDP Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.