Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai (33153 Views)

Governor Fayose, Others Risk Jail For Campaign Billboards / Funeral Of Aregbesola's Mother: Osinbajo, Okorocha, Fayose, Others Attend (PICS) / Fayose, Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Of Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Nov 17, 2015
philips70:

Now this a more correct position sourced and presented by ThisDay, a very credible source. Fayose and the likes of Dino should go back to elementary school as suggested by the indomitable Lai.

Culled from http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-systemspecs-banks-demand-payment-of-n7-6bn-processing-fee/225775/
This is the problem. Why should service providers get 0.5%? This is absurd and unpatriotic. Why should the FG allow the AGF to enter into such agreement? Why not a fix amount say N5billion? Is that not fair enough?
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by 49cents(m): 10:09am On Nov 17, 2015
feeloscar:
Who signed the contract, is it not your hero? It's him you should blame not PMB,OK.

Hope u have read the stories as it developed

knowing APC and Buhari for who they are and their antecedence:they will have suspended the contract if it was signed by the previous adminstration like they have done in the petroleum sector recently and even with the roves stuff

But Lie Mohammed to be on the defensive of REMITTA a one begins to wonder when APC began to defend and uphold contracts signed by GEJ

A trained eye will see that their is something fishy and some serious dirty deals going on

but did you notice how inconsistent your argument has become? from citing Mastercard and paypal as defence to saying it was signed by GEJ.....

Conscience is an open wound, only Truth can heal it
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Dakad: 10:13am On Nov 17, 2015
I'm totally in support of the fact the the 1%is too high maybe they didn't envisage such huge amount when entering the contract. But I believe the TSA will drastically reduce billions of naira that was been looted in the past. And the beneficiary of such loot are the one crying foul. The government should renegotiate and reduce the commission as the volume increase that should be our concern
Ajaoogbo:
Nigeria is really a joke! So you were accused of entering a contract that milks a whooping 1% of our revenue and all you could say was that the TSA has not got to the amount alleged and that people alleging should go back to Elementary school. Mr. Lai ,you should know that you're the mouthpiece of the government and it behooves on you to critically analyse any argument raised in favor or against any government policy. The era where you insult people in power as an opposition spokesperson has passed.

For the umpteenth time, the argument is that the percentage is too high and should be reduced to 0.1% as the volume of transaction expected to flow through it is huge. So take your premises from there!

1 Like

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by alaskido(m): 10:18am On Nov 17, 2015
Useless Lair Muhammed. Hon. Minister for Information and Culture get special adviser. His special adviser come get secretary. See as they waste our money with useless positions. How we take know say his own certificate is not forged.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by OLADD: 10:23am On Nov 17, 2015
feeloscar:
You are ignorant then that it was the last administration of your role model that signed the contract and as such, he should be castigated and not the present govt, OK.

What a reasoning! In your blind thrust to defend a misfiring govt, statements of this nature tends to raise dust about your level of intelligence. So if the contract was actually signed by the last administration, shouldn't commonsense dictate that a thorough review was carried out by Buhari before hurriedly implementing it? Is this how Nigerian wealth will be cornered into people's pockets knowing fully well that we have a manipulable and insensitive president? Obviously, Buhari did not know the full picture of the TSA before sanctioning its implementation. Period.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Boriqua(m): 10:37am On Nov 17, 2015
This is certianly another episode of lai mohammed that is unfolding...we are watching.

Meanwhile you can now view your satelite tv for free...call - 08106167414
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by wiseoneking: 10:37am On Nov 17, 2015
ALVA001:
Let fayose come out with facts and stop ranting like a garage boy. And he sud be aware no more jam talk, there is a new sheriff in town. Lai is here.
is now you know that facts are needed. Has Apc not been vomiting their +facts about GEJ, NOI etc and you swallowed it hook and sinker? Well i was told that these 2 people's passport would be confiscated after baba go slow swearing in and put to jail, instead the are moving around like a king from continent to continent with the highest honour/appointment ever to any living or dead nigerians. Didn't your apc said that they have their facts on their sharp practises. Wake up for your change dream. Other knows better. Fayose is out for them. The nat assembly is still investigating it. I think today.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by demio007: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2015
The government of Jonathan as at that time began the implementation of TSA through the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS), a World Bank assisted Project domiciled in the Office of the Accountant General of the Federation and it is through GIFMIS that all government Budget (Personnel, Overhead, Capital, Transfers etc) transactions are carried out,. That means its government project and was been assisted by world bank. Government Agencies will handle it. whats this present gov has done is to contract it out and the contractor (REMITA) charges 1% of the total money. simply put, govt should go back to GIFMIS. Dont use third party period.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:44am On Nov 17, 2015
Samdemmy:
A lot of Nigerians go about with smart phones but aren't smart at all. I can't just understand the noise about this TSA issue when a simple search on google will show you all you need to know about TSA and Remitta. For your information, the contract between the FG and Systemspecs (owners of the Remitta software) concerning the TSA was signed by the PDP-led government under GEJ and not Buhari, and they are well documented. Be smart people and stop turning yourselves to hopeless e-warriors and tools in the hands of politicians.
But when this administration wanted to strictly implement this policy, most APC supporters hailed Buhari but now that there is complain, you remember Jonathan . Why didn't Buhari fine tune the policy before rushing in in order to take the credit.
Hypocrites.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by esosuo: 11:02am On Nov 17, 2015
DIS LIA GUY STARTING HIS JOB BIG WITH FAYOSE OH,SEE HEAVY WORD HE TELL D GUY,DONT KNOW WAT UNA MEAN BY DAT MANY MONEY AND ONE ACCT SO FAR NA ONLY POLITICIAN D TIN GO AFFECT AM OK WIT IT ,LIA UR NEXT STATEMENT SHUD B ON HW WE GO GET OUR 5K BEER MONEY OH
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by philips70(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is the problem. Why should service providers get 0.5%? This is absurd and unpatriotic. Why should the FG allow the AGF to enter into such agreement? Why not a fix amount say N5billion? Is that not fair enough?

This is also not a correct position my man. If you are familiar with payment systems and commissions you will appreciate this fee. It could be renegotiated lower but it was also said foreign firms bid way higher than that percentage. Are we even forgetting the amount seemed high only because the funds were held up and released on the deadline? How much will SystemSpecs generate for the FG on yearly basis subsequently? How much do we really think other payment systems are making from the economy on daily and yearly basis?

Let them renegotiate but the attempts to use this to disparage the current government when it is obvious all these contracts were signed by the previous government should be discouraged. When we continue to play politics with issues like this we all will continue to suffer. For once let's all give the president praise for having the courage to implement this policy. So many goats are in danger of not finding any yam to devour with this laudable policy. And I am referring to goats in both the ruling and opposition parties here. It's a win win situation for all of us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:29am On Nov 17, 2015
bashydemy:
REMITA never take 1%, They share the 1% with CBN and some other commercial banks that remit money into TSA through them.
Why should CBN keep 0.1%?
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Wizlove(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2015
To those who cares to listen. How on earth should the government contract a company just for the sake of remittance, before the company was chosen there must have been some lobbing,who are the people behind the company,does it mean the acct. section of all government parastatal cannot ordinarily carryout these transaction, why 1% to me the country's treasury has been spread into hundred places and somebody somewhere graps one place tell me what happens to the millions of Nigerians. Keep party aside,then answer these questions.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by obailala(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Did you just say N5billion?...

ThisDay Newspaper has just apologised and clarified on all the misinformation which it originated and which has spread like wildfire.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-systemspecs-banks-demand-payment-of-n7-6bn-processing-fee/225775/

The total amount collected so far is approximately N8billion and SystemSpecs gets only 50% of that amount, CBN 10% and the 22 commercial banks sharing 40%. At the end of the day, SystemSpecs is even getting less than the N5billion which you suggest as reasonable.

By the way, for the Nigerians complaining of N25billion, if only they knew the staggering amounts which the commercial banks have been fleecing from these government funds over these years, they would understand the urgency of this TSA. I really wish someone could do a research and come up with a proper expository on how much the government would be saving by having its funds in CBN instead of commercial banks. TonyeBarcanista should have been a right person for such an expository, but it certainly wouldn't favour his political leanings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by dollarkey: 12:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Yes fayose to me is a thug.let him go back to kindergarten.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by fayose4real(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2015
madridguy:
Fayose and Metuh are just blatherskites. Fayose need to just shut up for a while, this is how you sent back your Otuoke boss to his village then with your ill campaign speech. Continue until you finally sink PDP to the Lagoon. temitemi1 your hero his here again oooooo.
remember u & ur kind said he will never exceed june in office, and here is he today giving u and ur duhara dullard real time headach
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by northvietnam(m): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ajaoogbo:
Nigeria is really a joke! So you were accused of entering a contract that milks a whooping 1% of our revenue and all you could say was that the TSA has not got to the amount alleged and that people alleging should go back to Elementary school. Mr. Lai ,you should know that you're the mouthpiece of the government and it behooves on you to critically analyse any argument raised in favor or against any government policy. The era where you insult people in power as an opposition spokesperson has passed.

For the umpteenth time, the argument is that the percentage is too high and should be reduced to 0.1% as the volume of transaction expected to flow through it is huge. So take your premises from there!
. please u people should allow APC to loot naaaaah, this is there turn .PDP looted enough the table turned to APC to do same . one day my turn will come and I will milk Nigeria dry cs that's what I learnt from our leaders .
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
philips70:

This is also not a correct position my man. If you are familiar with payment systems and commissions you will appreciate this fee. It could be renegotiated lower but it was also said foreign firms bid way higher than that percentage. Are we even forgetting the amount seemed high only because the funds were held up and released on the deadline? How much will SystemSpecs generate for the FG on yearly basis subsequently? How much do we really think other payment systems are making from the economy on daily and yearly basis?

Let them renegotiate but the attempts to use this to disparage the current government when it is obvious all these contracts were signed by the previous government should be discouraged. When we continue to play politics with issues like this we all will continue to suffer. For once let's all give the president praise for having the courage to implement this policy. So many goats are in danger of not finding any yam to devour with this laudable policy. And I am referring to goats in both the ruling and opposition parties here. It's a win win situation for all of us.
That said 0.5% is too exhorbitant my bros. Let's be honest here. It should be reviewed downward. Its not a matter of politics or blame game but for the sake of Nigeria. Ofcourse, I'm aware that some rogues are uncomfortable with the development.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by ogmaskman: 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
20pounds:
Fayose has never denied the fact that he is not renowned for academic exploits nor laid claim to being well educated. We know he needs a little touch up to beat him into line in a civil society, but Lai and Co who lay claim to Harvard and Cambridge should educate us more on this Remita deal. It has become 'the more you look, the less you see'.

You do not need any form of education to understand how remita works. System specs released a statement already. I believe it will do you so much good if u dig up their press release, read with an open mind.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
obailala:
Did you just say N5billion?...

ThisDay Newspaper has just apologised and clarified on all the misinformation which it originated and which has spread like wildfire.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/tsa-systemspecs-banks-demand-payment-of-n7-6bn-processing-fee/225775/

The total amount collected so far is approximately N8billion and SystemSpecs gets only 50% of that amount, CBN 10% and the 22 commercial banks sharing 40%. At the end of the day, SystemSpecs is even getting less than the N5billion which you suggest as reasonable.

By the way, for the Nigerians complaining of N25billion, if only they knew the staggering amounts which the commercial banks have been fleecing from these government funds over these years, they would understand the urgency of this TSA. I really wish someone could do a research and come up with a proper expository on how much the government would be saving by having its funds in CBN instead of commercial banks. TonyeBarcanista should have been a right person for such an expository, but it certainly would favour his political leanings.
Yes, N5billion is reasonable as a fixed price instead of them getting 0.5% of every of the monies processed. The TSA to me is a policy that shouldn't be subject to politics. Election is over...

As for the epository, I will try to do that today/tomorrow for the sake of Nigeria not politics.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by fuke(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ajaoogbo:

System Specs said it actually shared the processing fee with banks affected by the implemen­tation of the TSA and the CBN in ratios of .5 %, .4% and .1%, respectively.
Can't you read English. The company actually got o.1%
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by feeloscar(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
maestroferddi:
What crap are you talking about?

Who could have imagined that with all the hullabaloo about a fictitious fight on corruption Buhari and his change chanting hordes could be midwifing the pillaging of the treasury as per this egregious scandal?

And have you cared to read or at least ask what the present administration has done about the said charge (1%)? If I call you an ignoramus, you will start raining abuses, but you really are.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by feeloscar(m): 2:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

That's GEJs administration for you.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by nikz(f): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
Aromas:

Abeg leave dat side bro, is quite obvious dat Fayose no too gallant in education but dat doesn't mean all what he shouting about REMITA account is baseless.
Agreed. What is REMITA? They should tell nigerians. In every rumuor there's an element of truth. Lai should stop defending rubbish and educate nigerians on REMITA since he is the educated one.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by maestroferddi: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
feeloscar:
And have you cared to read or at least ask what the present administration has done about the said charge (1%)? If I call you an ignoramus, you will start raining abuses, but you really are.
I don't waste my saliva on programmed robots like you.

You tell us who are using fronts via REMITA to siphon public funds...
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by toprealman: 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
BUHARI SHOULD CHECK HIMSELF TO A NEARBY DAY-CARE CENTRE THEN.
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by maestroferddi: 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
feeloscar:
That's GEJs administration for you.
You must be a compound idiot.

The last time I checked Jonathan has handed over the baton of leadership to Buhari.

We need to know why the fixation with Jonathan/PDP. Is that the change that being chorused ad nauseam?

Somebody is shirking responsibility and they are not even being smart about it...
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by mykelly(m): 2:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
20pounds:
Fayose has never denied the fact that he is not renowned for academic exploits nor laid claim to being well educated. We know he needs a little touch up to beat him into line in a civil society, but Lai and Co who lay claim to Harvard and Cambridge should educate us more on this Remita deal. It has become 'the more you look, the less you see'.
you belong to the category of those who need to go back to elementary school....better still you need logic/reasoning transplant
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by mykelly(m): 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2015
maestroferddi:
You must be a compound idiot.

The last time I checked Jonathan has handed over the baton of leadership to Buhari.

We need to know why the fixation with Jonathan/PDP. Is that the change that being chorused ad nauseam?

Somebody is shirking responsibility and they are not even being smart about it...
you must be a tripartite idiot not to know what he meant by GEJ administration. Who initiated TSA? Who negotiated the terms of the contract with Systemspecs? Make Google your friend
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
But Lai Muhammed told us that the TSA had fetched N2.5 Trillion now. Was he lieing then? Anyway his name speaks volumes about who he is. OK, even if you have N2 Trillion, that translates to N20 Billions. What work did the company REMITA do to earn this huge amount. Why do we have government agencies?
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by mykelly(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
nikz:

Agreed. What is REMITA? They should tell nigerians. In every rumuor there's an element of truth. Lai should stop defending rubbish and educate nigerians on REMITA since he is the educated one.
Is a shame you are asking what is REMITA? Which University did you attend ? Do yourself some favour by visiting Google
Re: Fayose , Others Should Return To Elementary School – Minister Lai by Sutiv: 2:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Elder Lai, please note that you are no longer the mouthpiece of APC rather you are now the information minister of our country and this is the change we are all clamoring for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Announces Recovery Of N3.4 Trillion In One Year / Caption This Photo: President Buhari, Un Secretary General, And Germany F.m / Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Ozubulu Church Killings & Anti-Igbo Song In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.