Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal (3715 Views)

10 Steps To Recall A Senator In Nigeria. / Why I Am Advocating For Nigeria To Be Restructured: Atiku / Who Is More Powerful...a Minister And A Senator??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by murtalaa(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
When a fellow described Senator Ben Bruce as having the face of Obama but thinking like Obanikoro I felt bad not because I did not agree with what he said but because as a Nigerian, I thought regardless of how an elder behaved he should not be treated a certain way. With today's Facebook update from a supposed senator of the federal republic of Nigeria, senator Ben Murray Bruce, any inkling of the reverence I had for him had been totally eroded. How could a serving senator boldly advocate for legitimizing an illegality instead of proffering ways and means by which it could be eradicated? Really, we have to sit down and restructure our leadership recruitment process. In a saner society, Ben Bruce will forever be shamed and will never show his Face in public for such Ill-thought, dim witted opinion. It's like calling for the conscription of Boko Haram insurgents into the Nigerian Army!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by murtalaa(m): 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
More

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by moderation2020: 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2015
it shows your level of decoding sarcasm

2 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by deking(m): 1:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
That is the best that PDP can produce.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by domack99(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Sometimes I just wonder how we get ourselves into this mess, Ben Bruce doesn't have an iota of what a refinery is made off.

These illegal refineries produces adulterated fuels, that can end the life of any users ( have will forgotten so soon), when put into any machine will definitely knock off the engine.

Apart from the carbon monoxide that illegal refineries produces while processing their stolen crude, their illegal equipment cannot purify or extract the harmful content like sulphur and its oxides present in our crude. I even thought the guy is an advocate of global warming.

The crude they are stealing, do Ben Bruce know how much it cost to explore, separate and purify them. And there is no way on earth any sensible country give them a license except you are ready to die of pollution.

Someone really need to dash that guy some sense.

16 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by murtalaa(m): 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
moderation2020:
it shows your level of decoding sarcasm
why don't you go and read his posts again, lookup the definition of sarcasm and come back here and tell us what you found out.

3 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by 9jaboi8701(m): 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
I weep for my country Nigeria. If a whole senator who is suppose to be a representative of Nigeria too Nigerians and the outside world is suggesting something like this to be legalize, then Nigeria don really turn wide jungle. God! Wetin we do you?

1 Like

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by moderation2020: 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
murtalaa:
why don't you go and read his posts again, lookup the definition of sarcasm and come back here and tell us what you found out.

I dont need to consult any dictionary, sarcasm simply means the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny.

use this meaning to interpret ben bruce statement

1 Like

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by 7lives: 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
9jaboi8701:
I weep for my country Nigeria. If a whole senator who is suppose to be a representative of Nigeria too Nigerians and the outside world is suggesting something like this to be legalize, then Nigeria don really turn wide jungle. God! Wetin we do you?

Why are people surprised, when a sheep spent so much time hanging out with dogs, the sheep will end up eating poo, oga Bruce had been transformed from oyinbo to pako grin grin grin grin grin grin eh! naija na war.

1 Like

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by jamace(m): 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
I see nothing wrong in what the senator advocated. Nigeria is at a cross road. Nigerians must think out of the box.

Those illegal refineries are like that because they are secretly refining the product and feel insecure putting up a state of the art local refinery, which could be destroyed by law enforcement agents any time. If the FG should legalize their activities, those equipments/infrastructures will be improved upon.

"Necessity is the mother of invention"

"If the going gets tough, only the tough gets going"

The FG should consider his suggestion!

14 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by Koleman(m): 2:16pm On Nov 17, 2015
Scary. But the last time i checked govt has given licences to over 70 modular refineries. Whats delaying de take off?

2 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by chizby(m): 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
No mind the illiterate wey post this. My God grant him sense...

1 Like

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by domack99(m): 2:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
jamace:
I see nothing wrong in what the senator advocated. Nigeria is at a cross road. Nigerians must think out of the box.

Those illegal refineries are like that because they are secretly refining the product and feel insecure putting up a state of the art local refinery, which could be destroyed by law enforcement agents any time. If the FG should legalize their activities, those equipments/infrastructures will be improved upon.

If they are to legalized their refineries are they going to legalized their stealing process too? If not they are to buy their crude from E&P companies at possible international price, do you think anybody doing illegal refining will be in business if their source of feed (crude) is not stolen.

Assuming government wave all necessary requirement in setting up a company, do you expect them to over look the environmental impact assessment (EIA), knowing the impact of their sub standard refinery on human, animals, plant and water. is it not the same people shouting about pollution.

I see no shortcut to oil refining, those obtaining license and setting up equipment for proper process are not f00ls. What those guys are producing are not consumables, they are dangerous substances that can kill human, environment and even machine

3 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by speedyGonzales: 2:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
well, we will have fuel... won't we!

if it is legal, inspections for safety conducts, will be arranged as well.

3 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by domack99(m): 2:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
speedyGonzales:
well, we will have fuel... won't we!

if it is legal, inspections for safety conducts, will be arranged as well.

That is not possible, there is no safety in the process they adopt
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by speedyGonzales: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
domack99:

That is not possible, there is no safety in the process they adopt

that is not possible? haha! what a funny assertion!

My Position is, if the process, they use is well accessed then, it is not impossible to come up with appropriate safety measures...

2 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by jejemanito: 3:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
No wonder Ben Bruce is known to be the guy who looks like Obama but reasons like Obanikoro

1 Like

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
hey you mr OP and advocate of LAW and DUE PROCESS why not tell buhari tgo stop KILLING UNARMED CIVILIANS protesting for what they believe in PEACEFULLY?
dont forget your so called ILLEGAL REFINERIES are the reason why FUEL DONT GET THAT SCARCE AND COSTLY IN SE and sometimes SS even when there are LONG QUES NATIONWIDE
if they are legalized, they will become standardized but YOU ARE A BLACK and thus YOU CANT REASON PROPERLY otherwise you are jealous that legalizing those refineries will make SE and SS super rich and the rest of the nation realize that they need these two regions because before you know it, SE and SS niggas will INVEST HEAVILY IN THE BUSINESS you know what will happen next dont you?
this is simple economics MAKE THOSE REFINERIES LEGAL AND THEY WILL BECOME STANDARDIZED and watch how IGR will improve in those OIL PRODUCING STATES , EMPLOYMENTS CREATED, INDUSTRIALIZATION TAKE PLACE, SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESS SPRING UP, SCARCITY OF PMS REDUCED DRASTICALLY OR EVEN ERADICATED the issue of fuel stations hauding and LONG QUES WILL BE GONE AND THE TP FARES WILL REDUCE thereby affecting cost of edibles too............... but like i said before, YOU ARE BLACK and you are foolish
NNAMDI KANU HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR YOUR LIKES ON RADIO BIAFRA BUT THEN THE STUPIDITY INHERENT IN BEING BLACK WILL NOT LET YOU LISTEN AND LEARN INSTEAD YOU ARE BUSY HATING
now imagine that 80% of what i mentioned above are achieved, who will be smiling? THE SAME YOU THAT IS SPEWING TRASH NOW...........
INDEED BIAFRA IS THE HOPE OF BLACK PEOPLE

3 Likes

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by domack99(m): 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
speedyGonzales:

that is not possible? haha! what a funny assertion!

My Position is, if the process, they use is well accessed then, it is not impossible to come up with appropriate safety measures...

As you mentioned if "well assessed", they can never give them a green light, if they are to put in the necessary safety measures then they are to obtain a license like Dangote and others to build a modular refinery.
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
iamkeyz:
hey you mr OP and advocate of LAW and DUE PROCESS why not tell buhari tgo stop KILLING UNARMED CIVILIANS protesting for what they believe in PEACEFULLY?
dont forget your so called ILLEGAL REFINERIES are the reason why FUEL DONT GET THAT SCARCE AND COSTLY IN SE and sometimes SS even when there are LONG QUES NATIONWIDE
if they are legalized, they will become standardized but YOU ARE A BLACK and thus YOU CANT REASON PROPERLY otherwise you are jealous that legalizing those refineries will make SE and SS super rich and the rest of the nation realize that they need these two regions because before you know it, SE and SS niggas will INVEST HEAVILY IN THE BUSINESS you know what will happen next dont you?
this is simple economics MAKE THOSE REFINERIES LEGAL AND THEY WILL BECOME STANDARDIZED and watch how IGR will improve in those OIL PRODUCING STATES , EMPLOYMENTS CREATED, INDUSTRIALIZATION TAKE PLACE, SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESS SPRING UP, SCARCITY OF PMS REDUCED DRASTICALLY OR EVEN ERADICATED the issue of fuel stations hauding and LONG QUES WILL BE GONE AND THE TP FARES WILL REDUCE thereby affecting cost of edibles too............... but like i said before, YOU ARE BLACK and you are foolish
NNAMDI KANU HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR YOUR LIKES ON RADIO BIAFRA BUT THEN THE STUPIDITY INHERENT IN BEING BLACK WILL NOT LET YOU LISTEN AND LEARN INSTEAD YOU ARE BUSY HATING
now imagine that 80% of what i mentioned above are achieved, who will be smiling? THE SAME YOU THAT IS SPEWING TRASH NOW...........
INDEED BIAFRA IS THE HOPE OF BLACK PEOPLE

Stop giving free lectures to some of these brain dead peeps.

1 Like

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by jcflex(m): 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
domack99:
Sometimes I just wonder how we get ourselves into this mess, Ben Bruce doesn't have an iota of what a refinery is made off.

These illegal refineries produces adulterated fuels, that can end the life of any users ( have will forgotten so soon), when put into any machine will definitely knock off the engine.

Apart from the carbon monoxide that illegal refineries produces while processing their stolen crude, their illegal equipment cannot purify or extract the harmful content like sulphur and its oxides present in our crude. I even thought the guy is an advocate of global warming.

The crude they are stealing, do Ben Bruce know how much it cost to explore, separate and purify them. And there is no way on earth any sensible country give them a license except you are ready to die of pollution.

Someone really need to dash that guy some sense.

Thank you for this.

when i read the red head lizard poo this morning. i weep for my people.

politics have becloud our sense of reasoning.

after so many yers, ogoni land is just about to get approval for clean up.

and one useless mofo, is advocating to legalize illegal refineries.

after they will come down heavily on FG, their land have been degraded, no fish in their river, they cnt farm on their land and so on.
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by speedyGonzales: 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
domack99:

As you mentioned if "well assessed", they can never give them a green light, if they are to put in the necessary safety measures then they are to obtain a license like Dangote and others to build a modular refinery.

Well, you said it is "impossible" but proper measure can be put in place, if they really wanted to do it. The developed countries with there fancy technologies all started somewhere! sure it may not be as secure as real modern refineries.
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by Rotimi47: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
We just want to make common sense. grin
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by sochima1989(m): 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
you know PDP is one big cult the makes the most intelligent dumb.........
he is still thinking like Obanikoro, Metuh and Secondus
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by ALEBS(m): 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
Won't be surprised if Ben Murray asks for legalization of rape because in spite of efforts to curb the menace, it's still rampant. Foolish thinking!

He's out of touch with reality!
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by gtrust: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
murtalaa:
When a fellow described Senator Ben Bruce as having the face of Obama but thinking like Obanikoro I felt bad not because I did not agree with what he said but because as a Nigerian, I thought regardless of how an elder behaved he should not be treated a certain way. With today's Facebook update from a supposed senator of the federal republic of Nigeria, senator Ben Murray Bruce, any inkling of the reverence I had for him had been totally eroded. How could a serving senator boldly advocate legitimizing an illegality instead of proffering ways and means by which it could be eradicated? Really, we have to sit down and restructure our leadership recruitment process. In a saner society, Ben Bruce will forever be shamed and will never show his Face in public for such Ill-thought, dim witted opinion. It's like calling for the conscription of Boko Haram insurgents into the Nigerian Army!

To just discard this suggestion as you did means you haven't studied how things or processes get to the level of becoming "legal"

Check:

1- Prostitution is now legal in most European and North American countries but it must be "voluntary with no pimping"

2- chocolate (that we so love to eat) used to be very much illegal and also comes in liquid form.
After it was made "legal" some investors researched and were able to produce a solid form of chocolate for export to make more profit. Nowadays only "factories" have interest in liquid chocolate.

3- Cannabis is fast becoming a legal entity in our very own eyes. Cocaine next

I can go on but the question is this:
The products from these so called "illegal refineries" are they finding their ways into our expensive cars and SUVs = YES!!!

Maybe the Senator is right!!!
Albert Einstein too was made to feel stupid and unschooled but who laughed last

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by chiddye(m): 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
jamace:

most sensible post have read so far, some Nigerians are just primitive and won't look at the bigger picture
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by chiddye(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
even with little resource they manage to make something almost similar to the petroleum product we import, when would we start to encourage ingenuity and stop wasteful spending.

is fuel not scarce or not? how much did you buy fuel today?...... what this illegal refinery need is technical support and funds. stop killing ingenuity! with your primitive posts
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by cmart09(m): 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
That will be nice, since we don't have refinery
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by dododawa1: 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2015
Govt of d pocket by d pocket and for d pocket
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
why not, if these micro refineries are legalized a safer process will surely be adopted, besides it has the strong market potential of reducing the current over dependence on imported petroleum products,moreover we both know that if the fuel price in the country slumps today, great change beckons on us.
Re: See What A Senator Is Advocating To Be Made Legal by omowolewa: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Where is he representing self?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Solarin Picked Igbo Kids From Warfront And Trained Them —omole / Kano 2019 : Kwankwaso Settles Rift With Shekarau, Share Positions / The Chinese And Fulani Only Need Patience With The Yoruba Over Southwest Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.