Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,967 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (19986 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
kanmi22:

I have a question, how do someone plead to ALLAH after committing Zina? A friend told me that Nikkah is not blessed if Zina has been commited before marriage, Is that true? How can you rectify this? Even though this was with the guy you are getting married too.

Allah says in the quran
"And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.
For such, the reward is Forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath (Paradise), wherein they shall abide forever. How excellent is this reward for the doers (who do righteous deeds according to Allah's Orders
)"

Sister the deed has been done and these are the words of Allah above. Even better you are marrying the guy . Rectification is in you having a real sense of regret which i can see you have and performing lots of good deeds to atone or expiate for your sins. No one has the right to say your nikkah would not be blessed but a really marriage of 2 people free from the burden of zina has abundant blessings.

Pray to Allah for forgiveness and ask for his blessings in your dua.

And God knows best
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by kanmi22(f): 11:05pm On Dec 07, 2010
Lagosboy:

Allah says in the quran
"And those who, when they have committed Fahishah (illegal sexual intercourse etc.) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; - and none can forgive sins but Allah - And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know.
For such, the reward is Forgiveness from their Lord, and Gardens with rivers flowing underneath (Paradise), wherein they shall abide forever. How excellent is this reward for the doers (who do righteous deeds according to Allah's Orders
)"

Sister the deed has been done and these are the words of Allah above. Even better you are marrying the guy . Rectification is in you having a real sense of regret which i can see you have and performing lots of good deeds to atone or expiate for your sins.  No one has the right to say your nikkah would not be blessed but a really marriage of 2 people free from the burden of zina has abundant blessings.

Pray to Allah for forgiveness and ask for his blessings in your dua.
And God knows best

Thanks, just a side not- I AM NOT THE ONE IN QUESTION, I am a muslim but dont have extensive knowledge about islam so whenever a friend (muslim or xtian) ask me a question, i trust in NL talent and thats where i come for my sincere answers so i dnt mislead others.
Thanks again.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 12:50am On Dec 08, 2010
I am so sorry and please accept my apologies with best of humility. I did not really mean to assume it was you in question but I guess my style of reply assumed that. Once again I am sorry and may Allah increase us all in knowledge and overlook our faults.

It is very good you ask that which you are in doubt of nd that is the best way of learning.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by kanmi22(f): 1:09am On Dec 08, 2010
Lagosboy:

I am so sorry and please accept my apologies with best of humility. I did not really mean to assume it was you in question but I guess my style of reply assumed that. Once again I am sorry and may Allah increase us all in knowledge and overlook our faults.

It is very good you ask that which you are in doubt of nd that is the best way of learning.

Thank you, no problem may Allah strengten us all in Islam and make it ez for us insha Allah.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 5:05pm On Jan 26, 2011
Seems this thread is about to die, i just remembered it today and would like to ressurect it as it is probably my only thread in this section cheesy .

Sisters in the house help yourselves and benefit each other by advice, question , answers etc.

May Allah make us all better muslims filled with his taqwa and eeman.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by zayhal(f): 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
Lagosboy:

Seems this thread is about to die, i just remembered it today and would like to ressurect it as it is probably my only thread in this section  cheesy .

Sisters in the house help yourselves and benefit each other by advice, question , answers etc.

May Allah make us all better muslims filled with his taqwa and eeman.

Oya, start another thread on 'Brothers discuss issues . . . '
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 28, 2011
Someone please enlighten on this issue regards to sisters in islam

Why do some sisters in Islam use hijab in Nikah though some don't,and while immediately after Nikah during celebration/walimat/or engagement as in traditional wedding they just remove their hijab as if its halal to remove hijab on wedding day and their make up is just something else,some muslims even go as far as wearing a fitted wedding gown instead of the normal loosed gown prescribed by Allah.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
Also why do they exchange rings as if it has bases in Islam?I can understand if the groom give the bride ring as dowry,but not exchanging rings like other people do.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by alimat2(f): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2011
uplawal:

Someone please enlighten on this issue regards to sisters in islam

Why do some sisters in Islam use hijab in Nikah though some don't,and while immediately after Nikah during celebration/walimat/or engagement as in traditional wedding they just remove their hijab as if its halal to remove hijab on wedding day and their make up is just something else,some muslims even go as far as wearing a fitted wedding gown instead of the normal loosed gown prescribed by Allah.
The Hi-jab and a Lady are two parallel lines that can never meet,

We as ladies love to be seen and heard, we love to show the world our beauty and d nice curves that we have,
We love exhibiting our nice necklace,our beautiful hair style, our new wristwatch.
Ladies love to show others dat they are more beautiful than them,to show necklace of $10000000 and a diamond ring,

To cut it short, ladies so much love showoff

And Hijab on the other hand  says,
I will not allow others see your beauty,i will not let them see that your new necklace, i wnt allow them see your nice hairstyle,
I wont let men see your nice curves and beautiful shapes, I wnt allow them see your diamond ring,
I wont let you oppress other ladies with what you hav.
In a simple word, the Hijab covers all showoffs.

Those that use the Hijab in the process to celebration are telling people that they are muslims,that Hijab is for muslimas,they believe in the Hijab and use a symbol of being a muslim.

If they later remove the hijab after the occasion,they are telling people to see all they hav underneath,all they are saying is "come and see my beauty, my gold earring dat i bought for the occasion,my beautiful necklace and all the rest".

We ladies dnt see  hijab has a permanent dress code but as religious occasion dress code.
The idea of hijab is the opposite of our interest. It is only when we are going to assalatu on sundays that we remember our hijab

May Allah help us to obey his commandments
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by mukina2: 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2011
^
nice smiley
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
@Alimat2,the question is why remove hijab when you are celeberating and show your beauty outside?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by alimat2(f): 3:17pm On Mar 28, 2011
uplawal:

@Alimat2,the question is why remove hijab when you are celeberating and show your beauty outside?

becos we as ladies so much love showoff and we dnt want to obey the law fully
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 28, 2011
Honestly its no offence when you unleash your accessories in the midst of women in the mosque,or anywhere women only are gathered,but why show off in the presence of men?

I know of a close friend,she wears hijab but would not mind removing hijab if her husby tells her to,and she does use her hijab in the presence of her male-inlaws,if i confront her,she just sound as if am taking the stated laws too far,even though i remind her Allah says we should not do so,she just would not listen.
Also she would not mind removing her hijab for the british govt at the instruction of her husby as if her husby instructions are greater than Allah's .e.g,when they go registrying their baby in the local registra,she had to dress like a kufr just short hand shirt and skirt with scarf on her her only, at the instruction of her husby,why pleasing the husby and the Queen of England and displeasing Allah.Also,this her kind of hijab is so funny that when shes doing maybe naming,she does not use hijab atall,all her make up and jewellry is out and very flashy,am not judging her but i just dnt understand why she wear the hijab sometimes and never wanna like to use it sometimes.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 5:04pm On Mar 28, 2011
uplawal:

Honestly its no offence when you unleash your accessories in the midst of women in the mosque,or anywhere women only are gathered,but why show off in the presence of men?

I know of a close friend,she wears hijab but would not mind removing hijab if her husby tells her to,and she does not use her hijab in the presence of her male-inlaws,if i confront her,she just sound as if am taking the stated laws too far,even though i remind her Allah says we should not do so,she just would not listen.
Also she would not mind removing her hijab for the british govt at the instruction of her husby as if her husby instructions are greater than Allah's .e.g,when they go registrying their baby in the local registra,she had to dress like a kufr just short hand shirt and skirt with scarf on her her only, at the instruction of her husby,why pleasing the husby and the Queen of England and displeasing Allah.Also,this her kind of hijab is so funny that when shes doing maybe naming,she does not use hijab atall,all her make up and jewellry is out and very flashy,am not judging her but i just dnt understand why she wear the hijab sometimes and never wanna like to use it sometimes.

Your friend needs sometime and more development in her faith before she reaches the level you want for her. Be a good friend and be patient with her. Don't throw the baby away with the bath water.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2011
@maclatunji,Was i a bad friend before?you wrote as though am cruxifying her.
All am saying is, is not that she does not know its not right, she knows but yet she does not apply it
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

All am saying is, is not that she does not know its not right, she knows but yet she does not apply it

Uplawal help me to understand your persona better, are you always like this or you are just faking it? You know what, feel free to give your friend some karate kicks and chops maybe by the time the British Police arrest you for assault and grievous bodily harm you will know that my first advice did not imply that you are a bad friend (something you are obviously unable to comprehend at the moment).
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by alimat2(f): 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

I know of a close friend,she wears hijab but would not mind removing hijab if her husby tells her to,and she does use her hijab in the presence of her male-inlaws,if i confront her,she just sound as if am taking the stated laws too far,even though i remind her Allah says we should not do so,she just would not listen.

Thank God she uses the hijab in d 1st place, the problem with this kind of person based on this write up is either she is weak in faith or does not understand the concept of hijab useage.[/b]Or probable the person is an hypocrite that understand the law but doing the otherwise to suit her own self desire  (And Allah knows best)

Many ladies of today thinks that using d hijab is the law/instruction of the husband, if husband say dont wear they wnt and if he says wear they would.
I also hav a friend that wish using hijab but all [b]she told me is my husband will not accept
. But we all hav to know that dis is a law frm the supreme being called the creator.

What we need is proper understanding of the religion called Islam and its principle[/b]s then every other laws or whatever will be well understood.

[b]May Allah help us to obey his laws perfectly
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by alimat2(f): 2:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

All am saying is, is not that she does not know its not right, s[b]he knows but yet she does not apply it
[/b]

That is the hypocrisy in us,
70% of 2days muslims also do that and the 30% doing it are not doing it properly, so nobody is innocent,we just hav to beg God to allow us follow his ways the way he want.
All we need to fight the sprite of disobedience,showoff and all that in us is to built iron rod between us and our self desire.

It is not easy to obey the laws of Allah if u r not self discipline and determined.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Alimat2,the thing is "LOVE& FEAR OF ALLAH" ,if you have the two,you will obey him,if anyone disobey Allah,i believe they dnt fear Him.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by alimat2(f): 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

@Alimat2,the thing is "LOVE& FEAR OF ALLAH" ,if you have the two,you will obey him,if anyone disobey Allah,i believe they dnt fear Him.

Yes, Love nd Fear of Allah (SWT), but do u know that without fighting your inner desire and  self determination you cant achieve  the total fear for you to obey the laws cos there is an enemy behind you that always whisper into your hearth.

And u cant fight the enemy alone cos u dont hav the strength except u beg Allah to help you.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by zayhal(f): 9:38pm On Mar 29, 2011
sister aIimat, you're makin a Iot o sense.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Alimat2,its far better to obey Allah at the initial before you start begging him,like they say Obedience is better than sacrifice,you cannot be disobeying Allah and you think He will hear your pleas cos the devil is whispering to you somewhere.You obey him,do your duty to Allah then He will be ready to listen to your pleas to be more stead
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Alimat2,its far better to obey Allah at the initial before you start begging him,like they say Obedience is better than sacrifice,you cannot be disobeying Allah and you think He will hear your pleas cos the devil is whispering to you somewhere.You obey him,do your duty to Allah then He will be ready to listen to your pleas to be more steadfast in his servitude.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 30, 2011
@All
All these our choice of words such as

Dear,
Has anyone ever told you i love you- like a muslima once used for Lagosboy.

My husband-when Lagosby or anyman for that matter is not your real husband

And some illegal praising like that.
All these things are illegal in Islam and we should all try to be decent and use the appropriate words that suits the moment,even in real life,a conscious muslima or muslim man dnt flirt with opposite sex under the cloak of appreciation.May Allah increase us in iman,amin.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by azharuddin: 9:28am On Mar 30, 2011
uplawal:

use the appropriate words that suits the moment,even in real life

Something that is very very important. No amount of stressing this point will suffice. Different words we chose to say the same thing have very different effects. Choosing words carefully is an integral part of Good manners and Good manners is an integral part of Islam. I realized this very recently.

uplawal:

May Allah increase us in iman,amin.
Ameen.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ifyalways(f): 12:19pm On Mar 30, 2011
uplawal:

@All

Dear,

All these things are illegal in Islam and we should all try to be decent and use the appropriate words that suits the moment,even in real life,a conscious muslima or muslim man dnt flirt with opposite sex under the cloak of appreciation.May Allah increase us in iman,amin.
LoL.
I remember using exact words . . . when addressing LB too. cheesy
Please can anyone tell me whats wrong with "love" or loving someone of the opposite sex?
Is love meant to be used only for ones spouse?You cant love ur friends,brothers in the deen or outside the deen?

Its NOT anyone's fault if some of us are introverts,grumpy and uptight. cheesy
I however agree that our choice of words matters,less is better.
I am generally playful and joke alot,made and born that way.Is there room for improvement,Yes,Insha Allah. cool

This post however just got me grin grin grin ,sheesh.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lagosboy: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
uplawal:

@All

Dear,

But what is this obsession with my name sef nah, after every post you try to drag me into you conversations and i have been avoiding to be sucked in. Can you not make your point without my name in it ? Please leave my name out of your fights,discussion or arguements
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
@Lagosboy,you really do make me laugh

I dnt have any obsession of your name,why should i?i only made mention of your name because you are involved in the topics,if you are not involved in the topics,it would be senseless to mention your name,so pls just drop the word OBSESSION somewhere appropriate,thank you sir.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
Just wanted to say I'd sooner jump off a roof than be uplawal's friend. I feel bad for that girl.

Anyway carry on,
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
@thiefofheart,and which muslim will gang up with you against me?none.
Again, why not take your hatred back to where you divulged it from.
You should feel more terrible for your self because you an enemy to muslims and Islam,only Allah knows your destination,weep small for me and weep bitterly for yourself.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2011
nah. I only have a problem with you alone. smiley
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Lady2(f): 8:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
However muslim women should not go along with the western style women liberation as it is just a recipe for societal and marital coolapse as we see in the western world. Muslim women shoul look inwards into islam and realise the abundant rights they have !!! Knowledge is power and knowledge is light!!

This is an advise that I pray all Muslim women will listen to. It has led to the demise of Christian women in the west and now slowly creeping into Africa. But there are Christian women like myself and many of my friends who are countering this and trying to change it. Liberation my foot, all it has done is led women into becoming the sex slaves of men and in the open for that matter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) / Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.