Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. - Islam for Muslims (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. (19936 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know / Tissue Paper And Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by bntY: 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2012
Just seein dis thread.have a Q. for u guys.
How u coping wt d husband specifications given by ur folks ?.
I mean no 3quarter trouser,no bear-bear husband,no dis, no dt.
I'm not saying dy are a must but he is most likely going to come wt all these features if he has d right aqeeda.when u eventually present him,dy make u look like a rebel.As in, did we not warn u?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by sino(m): 12:52am On Aug 22, 2012
^^^The best way (i think) to avoid such is by carrying your parents along as you grow in faith, letting them understand the implications of doing or not doing some islamic practices. this most be done in a very humble and respectful manner so as not to lead to friction between you and your parents. Even though they cant practice what you are doing, at least they would have an idea.
still, with your efforts, some parents can be very unyielding. then you have to compromise (in as much as its not haram). like the points you raised about the 3quarter, at least the trouser can be on the ankle and this wont be frowned at by your parents, beards can be trimmed and kept neat which will look presentable etc.
Why most parents go against these things are as a result of some Muslims who go into the extreme trying to practice the sunnah, also some muslims are very lazy and hide under sunnah to dwell in their laziness and dirtiness which makes them repulsive.
The prophet (SAW) said, "verily, the religion(islam) is simple, and whoever tries to make it difficult will only be overwhelmed..." Islam is all about moderation.

2 Likes

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2012
bntY: Just seein dis thread.have a Q. for u guys.
How u coping wt d husband specifications given by ur folks ?.
I mean no 3quarter trouser,no bear-bear husband,no dis, no dt.
I'm not saying dy are a must but he is most likely going to come wt all these features if he has d right aqeeda.when u eventually present him,dy make u look like a rebel.As in, did we not warn u?

I am suppressing laughter here. Well, there are men with all those characteristics that would still impress most parents. I cannot really say much because I don't fall into those categories. However, I don't see myself as being better than them or they being better than me. Men will also face the same challenge with ladies and Hijab. It is a matter of knowing that the person you are presenting is "worth-it" and you are ready to stick with them through the odds WITHOUT BEING SHEEPISH OR STUPID O.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
maclatunji:

I am suppressing laughter here. Well, there are men with all those characteristics that would still impress most parents. I cannot really say much because I don't fall into those categories. However, I don't see myself as being better than them or they being better than me. Men will also face the same challenge with ladies and Hijab. It is a matter of knowing that the person you are presenting is "worth-it" and you are ready to stick with them.
@bold, really? That is so discouraging.... So men see wearing of the hijab as a challenge to face?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
@bold, really? That is so discouraging.... So men see wearing of the hijab as a challenge to face?

I don't really see it as a challenge but some women from your family may be prejudiced against a woman in Hijab. I think they feel somewhat inferior in the sight of God and react negatively. Do not be discouraged. There are enough young men like me who have figured-out that some of the prettiest and smartest women in the world use Hijab.

So, it is our duty to handle prejudiced relatives especially women, that is what I meant, you get?
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
maclatunji:

I don't really see it as a challenge but some women from your family may be prejudiced against a woman in Hijab. I think they feel somewhat inferior in the sight of God and react negatively. Do not be discouraged. There are enough young men like me who have figured-out that some of the prettiest and smartest women in the world use Hijab.

So, it is our duty to handle prejudiced relatives especially women, that is what I meant, you get?
I think I understand you now, I thought the challenges were faced by Muslim men before.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 11:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
fellis:
I think I understand you now, I thought the challenges were faced by Muslim men before.

This is one thing I really appreciate about you. You ask questions when you are not clear and aren't quick to jump to conclusions. It is a praiseworthy quality, keep it up!
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
maclatunji:

This is one thing I really appreciate about you. You ask questions when you are not clear and aren't quick to jump to conclusions. It is a praiseworthy quality, keep it up!
Gee, thanks! smiley
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
^ You are welcome.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by bntY: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2012
[quote author=maclatunji]

I am suppressing laughter here.

I can see ur smirk,well done o.The Q is actually meant for sisters.
I just like to know dr rxn to such notice. Some just keep dr cool and postpone d drama for d day.some are stubborn enough to tell them outrightly not expect anything less.some tow d line of sino and reach a compromise.
Besides it's not only in those issues dt u get specifications.some parent go on to tell u which hometown or which family.considerin dt a female has to choose frm wat is available(unlike a male dt has d floor ),i believe these specs add to d dilemma.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by maclatunji: 7:34pm On Aug 25, 2012
^ Lady, it's not easy for guys too O. You have to carefully lookout for a sister that you feel you can embark on life's journey with and then hope against hope that she will accept you. Then you have to impress her family and sometimes convince your family to accept her . Then you start working towards being the man that you're meant to be in terms of being a provider.

God will do it, don't worry just have faith and be prayerful.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2012
Ma sha Allah. This is a wonderful thread. I enjoyed it so much. I read from d very first page to d last. May Allah increase us in knowledge. Jaazakaallah khairan
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by zayhal(f): 10:34pm On Dec 03, 2012
Thanks for resurrecting the thread @Ayasunbo.

I think we've discussed hair attachments here sometime ago. Recently I started hearing this 'fatwa' on beads, that it's wrong to beautify the hair with beads, even for little girls. How true is this and what is/are the evidence(s) for it?

And also about uncovering the hair within the house, some say a woman's hair must be covered all the time because angels will not enter a house where there are women whose hair are uncovered. I'm still not clear about this.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by greetings(f): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Sis zayhal, to you first question about beads used to beautify the hair I'll refer to a similar fatwa which i believe covers your question;
Al-Bukhaari (5937) and Muslim (2122) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “May Allah curse the one who adds hair extensions and the one who has them added, the one who does tattoos and the one who has them done.”

Muslim (2126) narrated that Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) forbade women to attach anything to their head.

This is general in meaning and applies to anything that may be attached to the head. Hence some of the scholars are of the view that it is haraam to attach string, fabric and the like to the hair;others are of the opinion that what is haraam is attaching har to it.
Al-Qaadi said: With regard to tying strings of coloured silk and the like which does not resemble hair, that is not prohibited because it does not come under the heading of attaching hair extensions and it does not serve the same purpose as hair extensions; rather it is done for the purpose of beautification and adornment. In the hadeeth it states that doing hair extensions is a major sin for which the one who does it is cursed; it also shows that the one who helps in doing something haraam has a share of the burden of sin with the one who does it, just as the one who helps in an act of obedience has a share of the reward. End quote.
If the hair ties asked about here include hair that is mixed with the hair on the head so that it appears to be attached to it, then it comes under the heading of hair extensions which are haraam.

And Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by greetings(f): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
Second question, Its a misconception.

The angels do not enter a house in which there is a statue, picture (image) or a dog. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or an image.”
(Narrated by Muslim, 2106)
this hadith did not include uncovered women hence that view does not hold because if it was forbidden the prophet pbuh would have stated so.
Ps.i know the thread is old,but didn't want the questions left unanswered.
Salam.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by ToyosiR(f): 11:41am On Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for the above clarification. May Allah. [S.W.T] increase us in knowledge and understanding.
Re: Sisters Discuss Issues And Questions Here Relating To Feminity And Islam. by tpia5: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2013
interesting thread, will go through it later.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.