Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) (67130 Views)

My Humiliating Ordeal As A Slave In Oman —22-year-old Nigerian Girl (photo) / How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim / Oluwadamilare Baiyewu, Nigerian Rapist Jailed For 24 Years In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by nkemdi89(f): 9:59am On Nov 18, 2015
I doubt the authenticity of this story, 1989 to now is 26 years, besides no sensible man will accept that especially those from akwa cross that knows how to abscond from whoever they lived with.
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by johnwell(m): 10:00am On Nov 18, 2015
joseph1832:
Emmanuel Edet, Anan Edet. Those names aren't British, we all know they're Nigerian emigrants.
just because they're British citizens doesn't make them any more British than Nigerian.

I still fail to wonder why people will choose to be exceedingly cruel to their fellow man. And to even think some people even treat their dogs better than a human being.

That is Calabar name!!!

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2015
man don sufer
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by midolian(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2015
CassaBooBoo:

Do you know the fear, they would have kept in him
Do you know if he was even allowed to mingle with people to get a better orientation??
Do you know the threat they would have given him and the man too go dey fear for e life ni??
Let's not blame him abeg!!!

Someone like me now wey get street OT...this can't fit happen to me sha!!! lol...
God sha no go let us see this kind thing...

lool..chicken liver! Babe, forget orientation abeg! From age 14 - 40, na which kain OT be dat? You don't need street OT to make the right decision for yourself here. 24hrs no dey wait for any man. How can I work for someone for 26yrs without getting paid? How? To make it worse, the treatment is hostile.. I can't bear this kind of treatment for 2months, let alone 26yrs angry

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by jascon1(m): 10:01am On Nov 18, 2015
midolian:
abeg leave english for shakespeare! What nonsense are you spewing. Let's assume he was too young to make the right decision at 14..for crying out loud, this boy has been growing ever since. After getting this kind of baaad treatment for so many years, one would expect him to make up his mind and say enough is enough! I am going back to my country.
English heals ignorance, try it! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_control

Follow that link and get some education. So, do u think u are a smarter thinker than the UK govt.? They have found the family guilty on charges while you of all sages find the man guilty for not escaping. Why not escape out of corruption in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by cartoonday(m): 10:02am On Nov 18, 2015
Wickedness!!!
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by charlesucheh(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]THE BOOK OF NEGROS; THE OTHER SIDE.[b]THE BOOK OF NEGROS; THE OTHER SIDE.[/b]THE BOOK OF NEGROS; THE OTHER SIDE.
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by midolian(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2015
jascon1:
English saves ignorance, try it! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_control

Follow that link and get some education. So, do u think u are a smarter thinker than the UK govt.? They have found the family guilty on charges, you of all sages find the man guilty of not escaping. Why not escape out of corruption in Nigeria?
That you would have made the same decision as the boy-man, shows you are as foolish. To hell with your mind control theory!

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by agamenon(m): 10:05am On Nov 18, 2015
BUHARI and his body odor.
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by CassaBooBoo(f): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2015
midolian:
lool..chicken liver! Babe, forget orientation abeg! From age 14 - 40, na which kain OT be dat? You don't need street OT to make the right decision for yourself here. 24hrs no dey wait for any man. How can I work for someone for 26yrs without getting paid? How? To make it worse, the treatment is hostile.. I can't bear this kind of treatment for 2months, let alone 26yrs angry

Hahahahahahahahahaha I weak, I no fit talk again...
The koko be say we no go dey that kind situation ever...Cos na cry I go just dey cry oooo!!! forget the street OT ooo!!! Na wash!! Lol...

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by smacky619(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2015
End time couples practising End time slavery
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by ideyhere(f): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2015
Abeg you people should leave this jet age matter. Our grand parents fought for independence, even though they still at least had good food to eat, because it is typical of human nature to crave freedom. Now a human being, who was given an option of remain a slave or be deported, NOT BE KILLED OOH, took the option of remaining a slave, and you people want to tell me it's normal because they brain-washed him It is either the juju man that used his brain in doing charm died long before the couple even took him and his corpse was not recovered, or he's one of those people that were born missing a body part,,, in this case his brain. Mtcheew...
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by rhazur(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Rubbish....story weh don make FP since May
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by bigtt76(f): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2015
The guy don turn citizen be dat naaaa grin

midolian:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/18/british-couple-keep-nigerian-immigrant-as-slave-for-24-years/
Lalasticlala!

*Emmanuel and Antan Edet

*Docked: Emmanuel and Antan Edet

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by ooshinibos: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2015
and the same people will say black-life-matters..or called oyibo racist ..black man is their own problem --self hatred and wickedness has made them third world countries
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by ooshinibos: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2015
politricks:
O my God!! I did not expect the kind of names i saw there. Later we would start blaming the whites for slavery.
and the same people will say black-life-matters..or called oyibo racist ..black man is their own problem --self hatred and wickedness has made them third world countries
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by zumbigbo(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2015
Showing Nigerian behaviour for real : callous disregard and exploitation of others when they should be their brother's keeper.

They should deport their azz back to Naija post sentence and sell their assets and give the proceeds to their slave.

Reading the typical naija reactions is shocking - blaming the guy for staying there, it's the same warped blame the victim mentality, which is only used when it does not affect the person concerned. I'm sure your ancestors were blaming those captured by slavers for going out for a walk.... Wahala mentality

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by ooshinibos: 10:21am On Nov 18, 2015
dre11:

this is barbaric.......

this is slavery at its peak.
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by seankay(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2015
Decryptor:
The guy must be Okon undecided
Or Akpan

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by damocool(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2015
Aminat508:
Eleyii gidigan o embarassed
This is strong o, end time slavery
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 18, 2015
In Nigeria, we call it house boy...but in reality, it's a badge of slavery

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by ronlyp: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]ah lack words undecided
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=midolian post=40140926]No doubt, these people are wicked...but the guy is 40! a big fool @ 40, I must say angry how did this happen successfully for 24yrs? How? Na donkey? angry angry

You had the option of being deported back to Nigeria to struggle for yourself Or work as a slave in the UK..which would you choose?[/quote

You are a fool, a big fool

You have no idea how these things work, he has been oriented not to reason. if you cannot understand how it works, then you need to shush undecided

Foo.l
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Truckpusher(m): 10:45am On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=daretodiffer post=40147123][/quote] grin grin grin cheesy
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by ideyhere(f): 10:46am On Nov 18, 2015
zumbigbo:
I'm sure your ancestors were blaming those captured by slavers for going out for a walk.... Wahala mentality

Yes they're blamed...with good reason maybe. Because truth is most of them weren't captured...they were sold by their kinsmen. Heard stories from my dad that in those days, after someone took the OHA title, he usually spent so much that he would go broke after if he isn't helped. So once the coronation and all is complete, the kinsmen would grab one youngster who wasn't showing signs of wanting to be useful in life, sell him and give the proceeds to the newest OHA. Now that is the origin of one of our sayings "nwa were onwe ya si na oha were ya." So I'm pretty sure that must've been the reason why they took (sold) that one too...they've seen there was a problem with his reasoning.

PS:
Now before you attack me, this is what happened in my place. I don't know about reasons why other people sold their own people. And I'm not saying it was right...but at least it made people strive to be useful from an early age. JUNGLE JUSTICE grin grin grin
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 18, 2015
zumbigbo:
Showing Nigerian behaviour for real : callous disregard and exploitation of others when they should be their brother's keeper.

They should deport their azz back to Naija post sentence and sell their assets and give the proceeds to their slave.

Reading the typical naija reactions is shocking - blaming the guy for staying there, it's the same warped blame the victim mentality, which is only used when it does not affect the person concerned. I'm sure your ancestors were blaming those captured by slavers for going out for a walk.... Wahala mentality

Modern day slavery is not limited to blacks
Go figureundecided
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 18, 2015
ideyhere:
Abeg you people should leave this jet age matter. Our grand parents fought for independence, even though they still at least had good food to eat, because it is typical of human nature to crave freedom. Now a human being, who was given an option of remain a slave or be deported, NOT BE KILLED OOH, took the option of remaining a slave, and you people want to tell me it's normal because they brain-washed him It is either the juju man that used his brain in doing charm died long before the couple even took him and his corpse was not recovered, or he's one of those people that were born missing a body part,,, in this case his brain. Mtcheew...

It is basic and simple psychology

He stayed because he has been conditioned to undecided

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 18, 2015
nkemdi89:
I doubt the authenticity of this story, 1989 to now is 26 years, besides no sensible man will accept that especially those from akwa cross that knows how to abscond from whoever they lived with.

You will act exactly the same way even if you were taken at the age 26 undecided

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 18, 2015
midolian:
lool..In cases like this, women are always more wicked.. How many cases of men maltreating their house-maid have you heard compared to that of women?

MY BRODA, I WAS BROUGHT IN SUCH A WAY THAT I HAVE TO BELIEVE WOMEN ARE MORE GODLY AND MERCIFUL THAN MEN. I THINK IM WRONG.
Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by midolian(m): 10:56am On Nov 18, 2015
theshield:

MY BRODA, I WAS BROUGHT IN SUCH A WAY THAT I HAVE TO BELIEVE WOMEN ARE MORE GODLY AND MERCIFUL THAN MEN. I THINK IM WRONG.
lool..you are really wrong grin grin

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by midolian(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2015
daretodiffer:
You are a fool, a big fool

You have no idea how these things work, he has
been oriented not to reason. if you cannot
understand how it works, then you need to shush

Foo.l
Na which kain mad dog bite you?

1 Like

Re: British Couple Keep A Nigerian As 'A Slave' For 24 Years (PICTURED) by cruzyteejay(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2015
To all those shouting if it where me if it where me......if it where you, you ain't gonna do anything,learn to judge from the other persons experience and not your own experience

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let Me Commit Suicide With Fanta- Beautiful Nigerian Lady Dumps Sniper For Fanta / Slay Queen Disgraced For Stealing Iphone 7 Plus From A Shop / How Can I Tell Her That I Saw Her Sex Video Online.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.