Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners (9577 Views)

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners / Check Out This Palace Of An Oba Somwhere Around The Middle Belt / Which Way Southerners??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by iconize(m): 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
Danielomisco:
Bros,hausa is our first language and maybe ur yet to notice how a southerner refers to a middle beltan as "Aawwsa",it's damn irritating.A Josite is more likely to succeed in Abuja or even Kano than Delta. #fact #Josite

You're from Jos and Hausa is yo' first language?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
Fulaboy:
kinyi wuyar gani sad school ko?
Wlh na gaji fa sad Ina ka ke ? Kd ba ?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaboy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
Wlh na gaji fa sad Ina ka ke ? Kd ba ?
yeahsmiley but currently in school now sad
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 6:18am On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Please don't bring that sort of divisive mentality to the north. The north is north, no such thing as middle belt,only north central. Read up on the history of your people.
Oga, we are middle-beltans and not northerners. The six geopolitical zones are just political groupings, geographically speaking the so-called north-central states are not even in northern Nigeria. The only relationship between the people of the "north" is religion, a language that most of them understand (Hausa and Fulani), cultural similarity etc. The north is actually not one, because of the distinct differences between the various ethnic groups. For instance, the Tiv man in Benue has absolutely no relationship with an Hausa man. Etc etc. We are not one people, so dnt call us one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 6:25am On Nov 22, 2015
TI1919:

You are speaking in Hausa/Fulani tune. It will be better this nation split at least into six nation or five the north east and north west can merge together but North Central we are not part of the north you people are talking of... My opinion though

undecided
dn't mind that cattleherder. Am just wondering what he means by north is north. As a middle beltan i dnt even want to be called a northerner because geographically we are not northerners and most of us do not want to be associated with them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 6:43am On Nov 22, 2015
drealzum:

The thing is Jos plateau is located in the north by geography. That makes us Northerners because we are located in the north. The Yoruba's from kogi and kwara are also from the north since their towns are located in the northern part of Nigeria by geography.
I want to also correct,not every one whose town fall in the south is christian(There are more Muslims in auchi Edo state than Christians and I believe most Yoruba's are Muslims though most of them are from the south) and not every one from the north is a Muslim. Most middle belters are Christians. We are not Hausa's. It's only an ignorant plateau man that will call himself Hausa.
I have heard so many argument concerning this middle belt thing. There is difference between North central and middle belt. The struggle for middle belt started before many of us were born,it was there before Nigeria independence.
There was a minority report that before Nigeria be granted independence the minorities should be set free from the Hausa Fulani kanuri oligarchs. These cause was fighted for by all even the then chief of kagaro in Kaduna state present north west Nigeria.His town is still not part of the so-called "north central". Any way that was middle belt.
But the present region called North central was formed in the early 90's by the military regime. The aim of it was just to defeat the struggle of the middle belt. When you look at the old map of Nigeria, present Kaduna and katsina States where what you refer to as north central. No present north central state was part of it.
I believe when a region is being carved, you place people of similar culture religion and tradition together. The people of south west are all united by Yoruba,the people of south east by Igbo and those of south south by their minority status. When you come up north you find out that people of southern Kaduna,plateau and taraba all have similar culture, dressing,religion and tradition but these states are all scattered across the 3 geo political zones in the north even though the share boundary.
You see these are some of the schemes of the Hausa man to shut the minorities and kill the struggle of middle belt.
On the question of if Nigeria divides, where are we going to head, I will tell you the solution of Nigeria is not in division. It's when the so-called 3 big tribes agree that it's time for things to work properly.
Mr Northerner, please remove kogi, kwara, Benue and others from your geographical defination of northerner? Seriously how did you manage to group kogi and kwara as being northern geographically? And you still went on to say the original northcentral didn not include any of the current northern states! The North central is actually kastina-kano-kaduna-bauchi axis. And pls they of us from the middle belt states (kogi, kwara, benue, Abuja, Nasarawa, Taraba, Plateau, Niger etc) are glad enough to carve a separate entity for for ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
yeahsmiley but currently in school now sad
dan allah why that face
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 22, 2015
Junior66:
Oga, we are middle-beltans and not northerners. The six geopolitical zones are just political groupings, geographically speaking the so-called north-central states are not even in northern Nigeria. The only relationship between the people of the "north" is religion, a language that most of them understand (Hausa and Fulani), cultural similarity etc. The north is actually not one, because of the distinct differences between the various ethnic groups. For instance, the Tiv man in Benue has absolutely no relationship with an Hausa man. Etc etc. We are not one people, so dnt call us one.

Seeing the sort of company you keep, I'm not surprised something like this is coming from you.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2015
Junior66:
Mr Northerner, please remove kogi, kwara, Benue and others from your geographical defination of northerner? Seriously how did you manage to group kogi and kwara as being northern geographically? And you still went on to say the original northcentral didn not include any of the current northern states! The North central is actually kastina-kano-kaduna-bauchi axis. And pls they of us from the middle belt states (kogi, kwara, benue, Abuja, Nasarawa, Taraba, Plateau, Niger etc) are glad enough to carve a separate entity for for ourselves.

Looool! I doubt even your brothers in kogi will agree with you.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by drealzum(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2015
Junior66:

We shouldn't misunderstand our selves. I said the present north central states were not part of the old north central states and the old north central states as you have mentioned are not part of the present north central state. We are saying the same thing. If I a may ask what is "north"?is it "Hausa"?people from anambra "north" kogi "north" and "northern" america are they Hausa's?off cause not. North does not mean Hausa. Anybody whose home town is up the river Niger is from the north and those below are south. We are from the north but we not Hausa. That's correct.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 11:29am On Nov 22, 2015
drealzum:

Anybody whose home town is up the river Niger is from the north and those below are south. We are from the north but we not Hausa. That's correct.
This is what i do not agree with. By what sort of geography is it that states which are right in the middle of a country refered to as nothern states?? It is just a political arrangement. If all states below the river Niger are southern states and those across are Northern states, which states are central? How come you dn't want to agree that the real north central states are Katsina and her colleagues up north? Thats my point. Peace bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 11:36am On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Looool! I doubt even your brothers in kogi will agree with you.
lol my fat arse. I doubt if you are aware of the nature of the various ethnic groups in some of these states. Take the Ebiras for instance, they can also be found in large numbers in Edo and Ekiti states, do you think they will want to be seperated from their brothers there? And what afinity does An Ebira man have with an Hausa man? The Yorubas in Kogi will never want to be seperated from their brothers in the south-west too. The same argument can be given for many other tribes in the middle belt. Your argument is like calling all south-south people Igbos, they will never ever agree.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2015
Junior66:
lol my fat arse. I doubt if you are aware of the nature of the various ethnic groups in some of these states. Take the Ebiras for instance, they can also be found in large numbers in Edo and Ekiti states, do you think they will want to be seperated from their brothers there? And what afinity does An Ebira man have with an Hausa man? The Yorubas in Kogi will never want to be seperated from their brothers in the south-west too. The same argument can be given for many other tribes in the middle belt. Your argument is like calling all south-south people Igbos, they will never ever agree.

So are you going with the southwest or south south? I know a lot of igbiras and Igala who dress like hausas speak hausa and call themselves hausas. I don't get your point...
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaboy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
dan allah why that face
everyone hate school! takura ne kawai ai
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
everyone hate school! takura ne kawai ai
Lol ! Wallahi
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 4:52pm On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

I don't want to go down any path with you, you're an Id.iot.

I thought I told you to come back when you have something intelligent to say? Is this what you count as intelligence in ur poverty stricken north? In your head every member of your family must be an iidiot. .its no surprise you go around calling random folks iidiot
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
drealzum:

We shouldn't misunderstand our selves. I said the present north central states were not part of the old north central states and the old north central states as you have mentioned are not part of the present north central state. We are saying the same thing. If I a may ask what is "north"?is it "Hausa"?people from anambra "north" kogi "north" and "northern" america are they Hausa's?off cause not. North does not mean Hausa. Anybody whose home town is up the river Niger is from the north and those below are south. We are from the north but we not Hausa. That's correct.

If that is ur definition of North and south then where is central? Why must central be north too? Is the foolish politics of Nigeria?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaboy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 22, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
Lol ! Wallahi
amma ke kina abuja ai? right?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 7:27pm On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

So are you going with the southwest or south south? I know a lot of igbiras and Igala who dress like hausas speak hausa and call themselves hausas. I don't get your point...
Igalas and Ebiras claiming to be Hausas? That is strange in all honesty. As for wearing similar clothing you are very right. similar culture? NO!
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
Junior66:
Igalas and Ebiras claiming to be Hausas? That is strange in all honesty. As for wearing similar clothing you are very right. similar culture? NO!

I never claimed they have similar culture! And strange? Don't get me wrong, they are completely different ethnic groups with their own culture and what not, but point is, when push comes to shove, they'll always feel closer to the north.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
macof:

I thought I told you to come back when you have something intelligent to say? Is this what you count as intelligence in ur poverty stricken north? In your head every member of your family must be an iidiot. .its no surprise you go around calling random folks iidiot

Well this is awkward...is this the almighty wrath you promised? Did you even read that before you posted it? How intelligent of you grin
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 9:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Well this is awkward...is this the almighty wrath you promised? Did you even read that before you posted it? How intelligent of you grin

I thought I told you to only reply when you have gained a little sense? You are spewing stuupid nonsense come back when you become a better individual

I mean what fool says Yorubas in Kogi are part of a "one north" . When your ethnicities are known to possess Cockrell brains

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
Kano fa sad
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
macof:

I thought I told you to only reply when you have gained a little sense? You are spewing stuupid nonsense come back when you become a better individual

I mean what fool says Yorubas in Kogi are part of a "one north" . When your ethnicities are known to possess Cockrell brains

It's "cockerel", dumbo. But I guess you're right, you southerners are smarter than us grin
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
Fulaboy:
kano fa sad
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by macof(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

It's "cokerel", dumbo. But I guess you're right, you southerners are smarter than us grin

And you're too stuupid to know what auto correct is?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaman198(m): 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
Allah Sarkiiiiii kwana biyu...yakake ? smiley

lafiya smiley yaya kike? yaya makaranta?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Junior66(m): 10:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

I never claimed they have similar culture! And strange? Don't get me wrong, they are completely different ethnic groups with their own culture and what not, but point is, when push comes to shove, they'll always feel closer to the north.
believe watever u want. good day
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaman198(m): 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
Dnacode:

There's nothing like one North.
The North is NW n NE.
Don't be deceived.
MiddleBelt is MB.
MB supports call for Biafra n the division of Nigeria.
They too want to be free from Hausa/Fulani.
The Hausa/Fulani have ravaged them.
Destroyed their homes.
Killed their wives.
Slaughtered their babies.
Ransacked their communities.
Raped their daughters.
Carved out the unborn children from their wombs.
Cut off the breasts of their wives.
Made them refugees.
Right now I am weeping....
Oh the atrocities of the Hausa/Fulani in the middle belt n Nigeria is just too much.
Evidence has shown that these people do not deserve to live among other good people.
The Hausa/Fulani should live on their own.
MiddleBelt are not under Arewa.

Are you a Western agent trying to divide Nigeria? Because that seems to be your ill intention.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaman198(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2015
macof:

No need for denial, if you feel shame with this you can make a difference. .fulani are lovely people your only problems are the urge for dominance and cow over humans attitude..of course not generalising

Jawdi ko nagge

To The Fulani, cattle is money. The amount of cows one has = how much naira one has. It goes deeper than that. Some people in the real world kill for money. I'm not saying it's correct or a justifiable action. But there are good and bad people in every group. No group in Nigeria should pretend as if they are Angels because it's not the case.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
Fulaman198:

lafiya smiley yaya kike? yaya makaranta?
lapiya lau Alhamdulillah smiley what of Axum? ya tafi ina ne ? lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaman198(m): 11:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
lapiya lau Alhamdulillah smiley what of Axum? ya tafi ina ne ? lol

I hope that the goofball is doing as well as you are smiley. I have not heard from him in a long time loll.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? / Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. / Igbo Men And Their Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.