Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners (9579 Views)

Educate Girls, Stop Building Mosques, Sanusi Tells Northerners / Check Out This Palace Of An Oba Somwhere Around The Middle Belt / Which Way Southerners??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 23, 2015
macof:

And you're too stuupid to know what auto correct is?

Loool! What sort of auto correct changes a correct word to a less popular word? I'm the stuupid one. grin
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by HalimaSadiya(f): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

I hope that the goofball is doing as well as you are smiley. I have not heard from him in a long time loll.
Lol...ah toh can't wait to go home

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Fulaman198(m): 5:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
HalimaSadiya:
Lol...ah toh can't wait to go home

I'm happy to see you again, welcome back.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nowenuse: 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
onila:
middle belt pple dont mind being slaughtered

my Jos friend said hes a Hausa boy

Onila i am from Jos and i can never consider myself a hausa boy, GOD FORBID
We even call hausas derogatory names even referring to them as abbokis

Dont use the ignorance of ur one Jos friend to judge the entirety of Jos people.
As a Jos indigene i prefer to associate with Southernerns than hausa fulanis a thousand times .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nowenuse: 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2015
onila:
undecided

I thought them being christian makes them kind of southerners
but I realized middle belt people associate with Northerners than Southerners
despite the fact fulanis used them for suya in Jos all the time

u rarely see middle belt pple in the South
they either remain in their middle belt or move to Abuja

My Jos friend recently called himself hausa boy

if Nigeria divides. middle belt will join the huge Muslim North and become minority christian in that nation

I believe

Pls where exactly in the South do u live and u dont find a middlebelter? pls let me know the place in the south.
I am from Jos and i was born and bread in Warri, Delta state.

The thing is that middlebelt people are of different cultures and inclinations.
Ask yorubas the population of Ebiras & Nupes in yoruba land. Ask Igbos the population of Igalas & Idomas in their land.
Some Nupes & Ebiras are even indigenous to yoruba speaking state likewise some Igalas & idomas are indigenous to Igbo speaking states

Nupes (Called Tapa by d yorubas) nd ebiras share boundary with Yoruba land hence u find them more in yoruba land than the rest of us likewise igalas/idomas in Igbo land.

It is those of us middlebelters from Jos, Southern Kaduna, Nasarawa, Taraba, Niger that dont usually migrate down south, but that was in the past. Infact we really did not migrate anywhere that much compared to the way igalas, idomas, Nupes & Ebiras migrate. But now it has changed and we have started migrating in droves to the south. Go to PH, Warri, e.t.c and u find many of our people.

Infact Middlebelters started migrating to the south south before hausas & yorubas.
In Igbudu market, d largest market in warri, there is a road called Nupe road. That road was named that way due to the large population of Nupes who settled in that area trading since during the 1960's & 70's.

Look at the 3 most prominent musicians to come from Benue state, Tu face, Terry G and Blackface, all of them were Lagos brought up. How then will u say our people dont migrate?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nowenuse: 9:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
onila:
undecided

if Nigeria divides. middle belt will join the huge Muslim North and become minority christian in that nation

I believe

If Nigeria divides God forbid for we middlebelters to join hausas. We are going to agitate for the REPUBLIC OF NIGER-MIDDLEBELT

And i dont know why u people usually feel it is only d hausa- fulanis who kill us.
Fulanis only succeed on some middlebelt communities with their midnight hit-and-run tactics.
If not go and ask town hausa-fulanis what our ppl do to them during town crisis. In Jos Crisis, Kaduna crisis, Yelwa shendam 2006 massacre or Zangon kataf 1992 crisis.

There are many parts of Plateau, Southern kaduna, South Bauchi where hausa muslims cannot enter or even build a mosque, because they will be finished overnight.

Lastly i would tell u that middlebeltrs are of different orientations. We have christians and muslims.
Remeber it was Late Maj Gideon Orkar, a tiv man from Benue who planned the 1993 coup in which he wanted to cut off core north (hausa fulanis) away from Nigeria. Gideon Orkar dreamt of a country Nigeria where only Southern Nigerians and middlebelters will leave together in peace without hausas.
Can u say that such a middlebelter consider himself closer to Hausa?

Just in the same vein, Yakubu Gowon a Jos man who was born in hausa land and his family intermarried into hausas believes that middlebelters are closer to hausas and he believes in One North and fought for it in his one Nigeria concept. So we are different.

Many of us were meant to believe in the past that we were Northernerns by identity and everything about us owe to the north. Many more do not share that belief. That is just the way it is, just as many of u Niger deltans believe that u and igbos are one and some of u don't.

Me for instance my father believes that our people are closer and better related with hausa fulanis, but i myself do not. i believe our people share a more similar mentality with southernerns.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 27, 2015
Nowenuse:

Onila i am from Jos and i can never consider myself a hausa boy, GOD FORBID
We even call hausas derogatory names even referring to them as abbokis

Dont use the ignorance of ur one Jos friend to judge the entirety of Jos people.
As a Jos indigene i prefer to associate with Southernerns than hausa fulanis a thousand times .

This is interesting, so you actually think we find the word "abokki" offensive. Loool! Okay
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 27, 2015
Nowenuse:

Pls where exactly in the South do u live and u dont find a middlebelter? pls let me know the place in the south.
I am from Jos and i was born and bread in Warri, Delta state.

The thing is that middlebelt people are of different cultures and inclinations.
Ask yorubas the population of Ebiras & Nupes in yoruba land. Ask Igbos the population of Igalas & Idomas in their land.
Some Nupes & Ebiras are even indigenous to yoruba speaking state likewise some Igalas & idomas are indigenous to Igbo speaking states

Nupes (Called Tapa by d yorubas) nd ebiras share boundary with Yoruba land hence u find them more in yoruba land than the rest of us likewise igalas/idomas in Igbo land.

It is those of us middlebelters from Jos, Southern Kaduna, Nasarawa, Taraba, Niger that dont usually migrate down south, but that was in the past. Infact we really did not migrate anywhere that much compared to the way igalas, idomas, Nupes & Ebiras migrate. But now it has changed and we have started migrating in droves to the south. Go to PH, Warri, e.t.c and u find many of our people.

Infact Middlebelters started migrating to the south south before hausas & yorubas.
In Igbudu market, d largest market in warri, there is a road called Nupe road. That road was named that way due to the large population of Nupes who settled in that area trading since during the 1960's & 70's.

Look at the 3 most prominent musicians to come from Benue state, Tu face, Terry G and Blackface, all of them were Lagos brought up. How then will u say our people dont migrate?

You grew up where? That explains it.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 27, 2015
Nowenuse:

If Nigeria divides God forbid for we middlebelters to join hausas. We are going to agitate for the REPUBLIC OF NIGER-MIDDLEBELT

And i dont know why u people usually feel it is only d hausa- fulanis who kill us.
Fulanis only succeed on some middlebelt communities with their midnight hit-and-run tactics.
If not go and ask town hausa-fulanis what our ppl do to them during town crisis. In Jos Crisis, Kaduna crisis, Yelwa shendam 2006 massacre or Zangon kataf 1992 crisis.

There are many parts of Plateau, Southern kaduna, South Bauchi where hausa muslims cannot enter or even build a mosque, because they will be finished overnight.

Lastly i would tell u that middlebeltrs are of different orientations. We have christians and muslims.
Remeber it was Late Maj Gideon Orkar, a tiv man from Benue who planned the 1993 coup in which he wanted to cut off core north (hausa fulanis) away from Nigeria. Gideon Orkar dreamt of a country Nigeria where only Southern Nigerians and middlebelters will leave together in peace without hausas.
Can u say that such a middlebelter consider himself closer to Hausa?

Just in the same vein, Yakubu Gowon a Jos man who was born in hausa land and his family intermarried into hausas believes that middlebelters are closer to hausas and he believes in One North and fought for it in his one Nigeria concept. So we are different.

Many of us were meant to believe in the past that we were Northernerns by identity and everything about us owe to the north. Many more do not share that belief. That is just the way it is, just as many of u Niger deltans believe that u and igbos are one and some of u don't.

Me for instance my father believes that our people are closer and better related with hausa fulanis, but i myself do not. i believe our people share a more similar mentality with southernerns.

So basically you're bragging about killing hausas? Talk about the enemy within.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by tpiadotcom: 5:24am On Nov 27, 2015
onila:
:-

I believe

must they be southerners because of you?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
Vivalavida99:
undecided

And their so call northern brothers keep slaughtering them like festive ram.

It baffles me too.
maybe in the bush u came from. It seems u guys dont know that majority of mb are muslims and share similar culture with the core north and also ancestry too. Well i am not from jos, but some fulanis are indigene of northern plateau. It will be better to label the fight as communal/ethnic clashes. grin grin grin

Why should they claim south, when they have nothing in common? It is not that will benefit in anyway though, the issue of cannibalism, baby manufacturing companies, trafficking, ritualist will likely be another treat to those innocent middle beltan christains. grin dont forget the few fulani robbers posing as herdsmen are also causing havoc in enugu state. grin grin
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2015
tpiadotcom:

must they be southerners because of you?
wait o. Were do u guys get all this assumption that christains are the majority in the mb? Infact the only two mb states were christains are the majority is plateau and benue...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by onila(f): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:
maybe in the bush u came from. It seems u guys dont know that majority of mb are muslims and share similar culture with the core north and also ancestry too. Well i am not from jos, but some fulanis are indigene of northern plateau. It will be better to label the fight as communal/ethnic clashes. grin grin grin

Why should they claim south, when they have nothing in common? It is not that will benefit in anyway though, the issue of cannibalism, baby manufacturing companies, trafficking, ritualist will likely be another treat to those innocent middle beltan christains. grin dont forget the few fulani robbers posing as herdsmen are also causing havoc in enugu state. grin grin

better than getting bombed by boko haram

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by drealzum(m): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:

Fulani's are not indigenes of northern plateau. Those are lies. The Hausa Fulani you see in Jos are settlers just like other igbos and Yorubas their.
You can't get indigenship of plateau with your tribe as Hausa or Igbo. Any Hausa man you see with a plateau indigene form claimed one of the tribes on the plateau. Hausa is not among tribes on the plateau my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
onila:
better
getting bombed by boko haram will lead to death, in order words, peace of mind, from the pains of this world. The dead will either go to paradise or hell. grin

In the case of illegal manufacturing baby companies and trafficking, the victims endure unimaginable pain and depression. grin At that point, getting bombed by boko bastards will be a thing of joy to the said victims. (they want eternal peace, six feet under the ground) . grin
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2015
drealzum:

Fulani's are not indigenes of northern plateau. Those are lies. The Hausa Fulani you see in Jos are settlers just like other igbos and Yorubas their.
You can't get indigenship of plateau with your tribe as Hausa or Igbo. Any Hausa man you see with a plateau indigene form claimed one of the tribes on the plateau. Hausa is not among tribes on the plateau my brother.
ok. List out all tribes of the plateau.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by tpiadotcom: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:
wait o. Were do u guys get all this assumption that christains are the majority in the mb? Infact the only two mb states were christains are the majority is plateau and benue...

did you quote me by mistake?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
tpiadotcom:

did you quote me by mistake?
did u ask me this dumb question by mistake? Crap!
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:

U are wrong!
Everyone knows Christians are more amongst middlebelt people.
There is no part of the Northern minority area that is muslim dominated apart from Niger states.

The middlebelt region includes other minority groups outside North central like Taraba people, Southern kaduna, South bauchi e.t.c and most of the people are predominantly christians.
Benue and Plateau states are overwhemingly christians and well populated states.
Kogi and Nasarawa are about 50/50 states.
Kwara is a 60% muslim dominated state but most of them are yorubas who are not Northern minorities.
So u can see the reason why christians really outnumber muslims in the middlebelt.

Dont use governorship positions to judge

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:

Pls and pls. There are no hausa fulani indigenes of Jos. The inquiry commisions following the 2008 Jos crisis on the indigene-settler dispute in Jos clearly stated and told the hausa-fulanis in Jos that they can only qualify for citizens in Jos but never as indigenes and that is why they are not given indigeneship certificates in Jos till today.

There are only few places where hausa fulanis can claim indigeneship in Plateau state and that is Wase & Kanam LGAs, because most of the people there are muslims (even though they are not hausas)
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 9:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
Spicyjosbabe, lool! So u are telling me my state, kogi is 50% on both side? Nah! U are wrong. It is actually 65/35. It is funny when u say i shouldn't use the governors to judge, it is expected that the state with a higher muslim population will likely vote a muslim in. That alone explains everything.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
onila:
undecided

I believe

First of all i dont know why u say middlebelt people dont migrate. Probably because we are not noise makers wherever we go.

I left Jos to school in Nsukka, Enugu state and now am currently in Port harcourt with my Aunt and her family.

Basically middlebelters are like half breeds between the Core-north and the South. So, we really cannot claim bond to one side over the other. But from my view i think middlebelt was supposed to lean more towards the south but the British in connivance with the Hausa-fulani emirates ensured that they lumped us together with them under one false massive Northern region and that was how they encouraged the making of hausa a language of inter communication among many of us.

Some middlebelters were conquered by Fulanis in Usman Danfodio jihad and became muslims and these type will always feel they are closer to hausas. Those of us who speak hausa as a second language also tend to have this disposition towards the Core north, only that the hausas are religious fanatics and soon we started having problems with them since most of us were christians.

I as a Jos lady i can never prefer a hausa man to a southerner. CAPITAL NO. because the hausas taught us that religious bond is more important than language, cultural or regional bond.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by SpicyJosBabe(f): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:
Spicyjosbabe, lool! So u are telling my state, kogi it is 50% on both side? Nah! U are wrong. It is actually 65/35. It is funny when u say i shouldn't use the governors to judge, it is expected that the state with a higher muslim population will likely vote a muslim in. That alone explains everything.

Lagos state has produced more muslim governors over the years. Does that mean that muslims are more than christians in Lagos?

U and i know that your people in Kogi state do not play religious politics. I know igalas & ebiras very well. Tribal bond means more to them than religious bond. The same thing with many tribes of Nasarawa state.

An igala christian will prefer to vote in an igala muslim than an Ebira or Okun christians, likewise an Ebira muslim will prefer an Ebira christian than an igala muslim. Or am i lying?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
Spicyjosbabe, let's divert our attention from our current discussion, let's not waste our time bragging over which religion is dominante in the mb. grin

Let us discuss something else, for a start i will say u look stunning in that pix of urs. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nowenuse: 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:
Spicyjosbabe, lool! So u are telling me my state, kogi is 50% on both side? Nah! U are wrong. It is actually 65/35. It is funny when u say i shouldn't use the governors to judge, it is expected that the state with a higher muslim population will likely vote a muslim in. That alone explains everything.

My friend Kogi is not muslim dominated.
Its either Christians are more or it is a 50/50.

I have engaged u in a thread on middlebelt before where u claimed that igalas are predominantly muslims, until ur fellow igala christians came in and bombarded u and u fled.

Only Ebiras are predominantly muslims in Kogi state. U cannot use the position of governorship to judge religious majority especially in the middlebelt and yoruba land.
In Plateau state, my senatorial district that is overwhemingly christian elected a muslim senator from 1999-2007 who was our deputy senate president, which means muslims have spent 8 out of the 16 years of democratic rule in that district. Can that now make us to conclude that Plateau central my zone is 50/50? hell NO!!

Igalas are either 50/50 or christians are more. Go to LGAs in Southern igala land like Ibaji, Olamaboro, Omala, these places are overwhemingly christians. U hardly even find mosques or muslims in many of their villages. It is northern igala land that is well religiously mixed. But one thing i like about igalas is that religion can never divide them at all.
See igala land has always produced Christian senators and muslim governors and still no division.
Okun people on the other hand are clearly predominantly christians, while Nupe speaking people, Bassa, Kakanda are mixed.
Only a person that does not know Kogi state can u sell the lie to that Kogi is 65% muslim. Its not true.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nowenuse: 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
SpicyJosBabe:

First of all i dont know why u say middlebelt people dont migrate. Probably because we are not noise makers wherever we go.

I left Jos to school in Nsukka, Enugu state and now am currently in Port harcourt with my Aunt and her family.

Basically middlebelters are like half breeds between the Core-north and the South. So, we really cannot claim bond to one side over the other. But from my view i think middlebelt was supposed to lean more towards the south but the British in connivance with the Hausa-fulani emirates ensured that they lumped us together with them under one false massive Northern region and that was how they encouraged the making of hausa a language of inter communication among many of us.

Some middlebelters were conquered by Fulanis in Usman Danfodio jihad and became muslims and these type will always feel they are closer to hausas. Those of us who speak hausa as a second language also tend to have this disposition towards the Core north, only that the hausas are religious fanatics and soon we started having problems with them since most of us were christians.

I as a Jos lady i can never prefer a hausa man to a southerner. CAPITAL NO. because the hausas taught us that religious bond is more important than language, cultural or regional bond.

Perfect explanation my sister. which part of Plateau are u from?
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 10:09pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nowenuse i give up ooo! But dont speak for my state. In my l.g.a we are 80 percent muslims. grin
Lmao! U said i fled? Oh my goodness. Me? Fled? Which thread was that? grin This is a big joke, i have never had any encounter with any christain igala in this forum.
As an indigene of kogi state, i am in the best possible position to make the record straight in kogi. I hereby say muslims are the majority in kogi state. Period! grin

*modified*
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by SpicyJosBabe(f): 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:
Spicyjosbabe, let's divert our attention from our current discussion, let's not waste our time bragging over which religion is dominante in the mb. grin

Let us discuss something else, for a start i will say u look stunning in that pix of urs. grin

Yes, ur compliment is pending because u are pixless tongue

The earlier we stop being religious fanatics in the middlebelt, the better for us. We are mixed and we should stop always trying to please Core northernerns or Southernerns because both can never accept us as equals. we can only accept ourselves
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by SpicyJosBabe(f): 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nowenuse:

Perfect explanation my sister. which part of Plateau are u from?

I am from Mangu LGA but my mother is from Niger state
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by adamskutty(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
SpicyJosBabe:

Yes, ur compliment is pending because u are pixless tongue
The earlier we stop being religious fanatics in the middlebelt, the better for us. We are mixed and we should stop always trying to please Core northernerns or Southernerns because both can never accept us as equals. we can only accept ourselves
oh my Gaawd! u dont know what ya missing. tongue grin, i'm pixless because of some biafra people were wan use me cook soup o. grin
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by ianSweet(f): 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:
Nowenuse i give up ooo! But dont speak for my state. In my l.g.a we are 80 percent muslims. grin
Lmao! U said i fled? Oh my goodness. Me? Fled? Which thread was that? grin This is a big joke, i have never had any encounter with any christain igala in this forum.
As an indigene of kogi state, i am in the best possible position to make the record straight in kogi. I hereby say muslims are the majority in kogi state. Period! grin

*modified*

Pls Kogi state is not dominantly muslim.
I am from Kogi, Igalamela precisely and my LGA is 85% christian. U must be from Okene or Ankpa, because only these 2 places i know have more muslims like this.
Re: Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners by Nowenuse: 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2015
adamskutty:

*modified*

That thread was beauty of middlebelt women i think.

Well dont use your LGA alone to judge the religious percentage of Kogi.
Some places in Kogi west and even Kogi east are up to 90% christian. Infact places like Ibaji & Olamaboro should be up to 95% christian

Until we have a credible census in Nigeria which includes tribe and religion, we can never tell who is more than who i think

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Investigating Divorce Cases In Yorubaland. / Are Igbos Taking Over Lagos? / Igbo Men And Their Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.