Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

My Review of The Phantom 5 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Review of The Phantom 5 (13091 Views)

My Review Of Mtn Data Plans! / My Review Of The Tecno Phantom 6+ Nougat Update / Figures Don't Lie, The Phantom 6 Plus Murdered The Samsung Galaxy S6! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by ChudyJ: 5:15am On Nov 21, 2015
Kamaye:
Nobody is doubting the capability of Phantom 5, after all it has a 3gb ram 2.0ghz Octa-core 64bit so basically it's an excellent device but the the bottom line here is that it is overpriced simple! There are many Chinese phones with world wide recognition while Tecno is still unknown outside Africa, those Chinese companies offer better specs and performance yet below 50k. If Tecno wants to go premium like samsung, Sony, apple etc issokay but this is not the right way and certainly not the right time.
so hw is d right way and wen is d rit time for a fone company to go premium?
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Tallesty1(m): 6:07am On Nov 21, 2015
ityP:
The phantom 5 is a totally different experience... It feels like a high end samsung device
Stop insulting Samsung devices sir. It is really wrong to compare phantom 5 with flagship Samsung phone.

I have nothing against phantom 5, it is a nice phone. A nice 45-50k phone.

Nobody that knows the value of money will spend anything above 50K on that phone when we have other better 50K snapdragon phones out there.

It is really a wasteful spending.

And OP, if you really expect a 3GB Mediatek phone to lag in the first week or month of use then you are making a mistake.

All mediatek devices perform well at first but for how long?

Karmanaut please don't argue with the op, it is either he's paid of he's using a high-end smart phone for the first time.

I know the feeling.

3 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 21, 2015
Does this phone have fingerprint sensor?
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 21, 2015
I don't understand the hype about this crap. Some people are even hyping app locking with finger print lie it's something new and diff.. there are apps in the store that does a perfect job for this.

I still don't know the amount tecno paid some agents to be hyping this crap.

Loads of them are on the thread but if anyone doubts me.

Check out to those hyping this think 99% of them opened account from September. Just check it and if u dnt find that true then I owe u.

1 Like

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 21, 2015
PhonePlanet:
"""I opened like 38 apps
and no lag was experienced. I left it over night
and was amazed to see GTA and FIFA 14
resumed without lag"""

Even s6 edge can't do this.

And most phones even below 70k can do all these stuffs.

talk thru, you work for tecno abi?

This is one of them. Comparing P5 to s6 edge. Ehn, you should do something about your brains it's not functioning well.

Check him out he opened his account newly same goes to

Frontier2
Daphid25
Maximum83
beatz5
ChudyJ

And loads of them

3 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by PhonePlanet(m): 7:40am On Nov 21, 2015
ollah1:

This is one of them. Comparing P5 to s6 edge. Ehn, you should do something about your brains it's not functioning well.

Frontier2
Daphid25
Maximum83
beatz5
ChudyJ

And loads of them

You are so stuupid, you can even calm down to read a simple comment and understand it.

The op said his phone can open two heavy games and minimise it over night, and the next morning the both games were still running.....

And I said even s6 can't do it...

How does mean I'm comparing the both phones Please receive sense IJN

Don't even think of quoting me, go and die somewhere!

When you learn to read and understand then we can talk.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by PhonePlanet(m): 7:45am On Nov 21, 2015
dabigjoe6:
am not a samsung fan but saying s6 can't do this and many other phones is big lie phantom 5 is just hyped even my innjoo I1S resumes GTA san andreas smoothly

Hello sir, please read the article again! He did not say just GTA, he said GTA 'AND' Fifa 14. 2 heavy games. And he left both 'OVER NIGHT' running! Its not possible!
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by PhonePlanet(m): 7:46am On Nov 21, 2015
thagift:

so anybody wey do review work for tecno abi, guy go siddon.

So nobody fit ask question again abi? Guy go sleep!
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by PhonePlanet(m): 7:49am On Nov 21, 2015
Karmanaut:

You can open a million accounts and have tomes of conversations with yourself but you're fooling no one but yourself.

You are the big fool here! Watin concern me with the other guy you quoted me with? Even if I decide to open a million acct, how e take pain you sotee you quote me? Please I have one acct and this is it, don't quote me again telling me how stuppid your thoughts can be.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Kamaye(m): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2015
ChudyJ:
so hw is d right way and wen is d rit time for a fone company to go premium?
I will suggest three things, firstly Tecno should start producing flagship device with Qualcomm snapdragon processor, that is the standard among all the premium brands even Gionee uses snapdragon on their flagship, but if Tecno must use MTK it should be at least Helio X10 or X20. Secondly OTA update is very important, till this day Tecno is yet to update any of its devices from one version to the next except for some minor software updates pushed recently, Phantom Z that was sold 50k last year is still stuck on Android 4.4. Thirdly Tecno should expand their horizon beyond Africa if they really want to be among major players in the smartphone market, for example a flagship is priced at $300 like Phantom 5 will be too expensive in Nigeria and many African countries but that amount is very affordable in developed countries of Europe, Asia and America, the latest Gionee E8 was priced at $350 but it was launched only in Europe and Asia because Gionee understand the African market and by the they decided to launch it here the price will be slashed considerably to accommodate the African market, enough said.

3 Likes

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2015
Kamaye:
I Thirdly Tecno should expand their horizon beyond Africa if they really want to be among major players in the smartphone market, for example a flagship is priced at $300 like Phantom 5 will be too expensive in Nigeria and many African countries but that amount is very affordable in developed countries of Europe, Asia and America, the latest Gionee E8 was priced at $350 but it was launched only in Europe and Asia because Gionee understand the African market and by the they decided to launch it here the price will be slashed considerably to accommodate the African market, enough said.
You wicked o.
You want Tecno to be bankrupt?
Phones that are not durable, prone to factory errors and worst offer no OTAs?
They can only get away with that in sub Saharan Africa.
They won't sell a single unit outside Africa.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by adoptop70: 8:42am On Nov 21, 2015
ollah1:

Frontier2
Daphid25
Maximum83
beatz5
ChudyJ

And loads of them
Infact you guys can do research
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2015
PhonePlanet:

You are so stuupid, you can even calm down to read a simple comment and understand it.

The op said his phone can open two heavy games and minimise it over night, and the next morning the both games were still running.....

And I said even s6 can't do it...

How does mean I'm comparing the both phones Please receive sense IJN

Don't even think of quoting me, go and die somewhere!

When you learn to read and understand then we can talk.

Cheap talk. We know you and ur types. U are a paid techno troll.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2015
mindtricks:
TECNO phones are the best. (guys abeg I need know how to join this nairaland Tecno marketers club, learnt the pay make sense die. Somebody connect me.)
I'm interested too ... Somebody pm me

1 Like

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 21, 2015
dabigjoe6:
am not a samsung fan but saying s6 can't do this and many other phones is big lie phantom 5 is just hyped even my innjoo I1S resumes GTA san andreas smoothly
s5 and s6 are actually crappy phones ..
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by iliyande(m): 10:57am On Nov 21, 2015
rad8:
Hmmmmmm...vivo x6 is still better than it, so is the meizu mx4 and the oneplus one ( two is on another level). And all the specs that u are there shouting are old specs.

Letv 1s
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by mindtricks: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
Kamaye:
I will suggest three things, firstly Tecno should start producing flagship device with Qualcomm snapdragon processor, that is the standard among all the premium brands even Gionee uses snapdragon on their flagship, but if Tecno must use MTK it should be at least Helio X10 or X20. Secondly OTA update is very important, till this day Tecno is yet to update any of its devices from one version to the next except for some minor software updates pushed recently, Phantom Z that was sold 50k last year is still stuck on Android 4.4. Thirdly Tecno should expand their horizon beyond Africa if they really want to be among major players in the smartphone market, for example a flagship is priced at $300 like Phantom 5 will be too expensive in Nigeria and many African countries but that amount is very affordable in developed countries of Europe, Asia and America, the latest Gionee E8 was priced at $350 but it was launched only in Europe and Asia because Gionee understand the African market and by the they decided to launch it here the price will be slashed considerably to accommodate the African market, enough said.

Fowl wey no dey hear word, dey end up for pot of soup!
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2015
nice one, i will give it a try
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
Stop insulting Samsung devices sir. It is really wrong to compare phantom 5 with flagship Samsung phone.

I have nothing against phantom 5, it is a nice phone. A nice 45-50k phone.

Nobody that knows the value of money will spend anything above 50K on that phone when we have other better 50K snapdragon phones out there.

It is really a wasteful spending.

And OP, if you really expect a 3GB Mediatek phone to lag in the first week or month of use then you are making a mistake.

All mediatek devices perform well at first but for how long?

Karmanaut please don't argue with the op, it is either he's paid of he's using a high-end smart phone for the first time.

I know the feeling.
All phones won't work at 100% efficiency as time goes on . No phone is exempted. I have used lots of the snapdragon powered high ends too with time battery gets terrible, hotness increases and performance drops. It's all peculiar to all phones
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by youngsahito(m): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2015
Marvell23:
The phantom 5 as we all know has been in the market for some weeks now. I decided to get one for myself to actually know if it's worth the hype it's generating in the media.
It's over two weeks now since I bought the phantom 5. So let's start with the review

What you get in the box

A flip cover with a microSIM adapter and ejector
HIFI earphones and Charger
Warranty card, user manual and a palmchat starter card

Behold The Awesome design

It comes with a metalic finish that is beautifully crafted,sleek and elegant. Each time I brought out the phone in the public it gets stares. People always ask which phone is this, my answer is it's the latest Tecno flagship of the year and is called Phantom 5

Excellent Display

The phone features a 5.5 inch LCD, full HD display with a pixel density of 401ppi. The screen is protected by corny gorilla glass 3. Pictures appear so vivid and colourful. It's great in watching movies.
The touch screen fluidity is out of this world just like the one you find on the IPhone. People who handle the phone attest to the fact that touch screen is excellent .I tested the multi-touch capability , it recognises the ten fingers I place on it.

This is an area I found the Tecno phantom 5 clearly above the Elephone P7000 which isn't fluid when scrolling through web pages

The King of Entertainment
The phantom 5 boasts of quality audio output both from the speakers and the HIFI headphones. To be honest with you guys, this is one of the best headphones I have used so far. The Dolby sound system does the work amazingly well. I compared the audio quality with tecno boom J7, and it outmatches the Boom J7 in audio rendition

There are music player and boom player music app being developed by Tecno on the phantom 5 too. The boom player takes of the entertainment bit by providing access to music from African artists as well as global stars. The tecno ownthestage show can also be watched live from the boom player app

I plugged it to my home theater and the quality of the sound was just too amazing. I was blown away. If you have got the phantom 5 ,try it out on your home theatre and see for yourself.

Amazing Cameras

It comes with 13MP rear camera with dual flash and 8MP front camera with flash.
The speed of the camera is very fast, capable of capturing fast -moving objects. The cameras has been so impressive for me. I wasn't expecting this level of quality grade from the camera looking back at Tecno camera in the past.
I took some pictures with both the front and back cameras, you can judge by yourself

Multitasking and gaming made Easy
It comes with a 64-bit octa -core processor clocked at 1.3Ghz paired with 3GB of RAM. Apps and games run smoothly. I opened like 38 apps and no lag was experienced. I left it over night and was amazed to see GTA and FIFA 14 resumed without lag

Storage
It has 32GB of internal memory and can be extended to 128GB external

Fingerprint Security
The presence of fingerprint technology on the phantom 5 is tecno's first. I must say i enjoy using this feature every time and is becoming part of me. Infact I at times put my finger on the back camera of my infinix Hot note mistaking it for fingerprint sensor.
The fingerprint sensor works well and can store up to five fingerprints

Battery
The battery for me is averagely ok . It takes me almost a day on constant usage.

My Opinion
The phone seems to work perfectly for me nw.No wonder it's generating so much buzz in the media.I believe it's worth the price it's been sold. I will gladly recommend it for anyone that can afford it.
what do you guys thinks about this phone?
Feel free to ask me any questions about the phone
pls what is the phone price?
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Frontier2: 11:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
ollah1:

Frontier2
Daphid25
Maximum83
beatz5
ChudyJ

And loads of them
You are very stupid for mentioning my name here. Do I have business with you
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by ChudyJ: 7:42am On Nov 22, 2015
Kamaye:
valid points... Well said. We all knw tecno cant mak it outside africa and as for ota update, de wont av any excuse if de dnt release 1 for d p5.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by ChudyJ: 7:45am On Nov 22, 2015
ollah1:

Frontier2
Daphid25
Maximum83
beatz5
ChudyJ

And loads of them
i dont get y my name is on dis list... Wen av i ever compared p5 to s6... Dats insane
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by chiefobdk(m): 9:36am On Nov 22, 2015
Marvell23:
There's Data management that helps you to prevents some apps accessing your data

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by chiefobdk(m): 9:38am On Nov 22, 2015
the ones on green 're d apps able to access internet..d ones on red is not able

also notice dat I allowed all app to access network under Wi-Fi

and locked others under phone network..

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by chiefobdk(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2015
download dis app now. save Ur mb..thank me later..
Ur airtime don't 've to finish wen Ur mb finish unexpectedly

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by chiefobdk(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2015

U don't need to root Ur phone.

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by TruthMustBeTold: 9:52am On Nov 22, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
s5 and s6 are actually crappy phones ..
s6?? An exynos 7420 processor powered phone is a crappy phone?? Seriously??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 22, 2015
TruthMustBeTold:
s6?? An exynos 7420 processor powered phone is a crappy phone?? Seriously??
dude stop giving paper statistics. do you own s6? go online and read user reviews of both phones and how they get hot like hotplate with their crappy batteries.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by ODUBEZE: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2015
Marvell23:
Yes I know that bro. But do these OEMs pay taxes in Nigeria, do they pay workers. In the case of Tecno do you know how many retail outlets they have? Each of the retail outlets employ Nigerians. If you are comparing OEMs, compare the one that does business here in Nigeria with service centres
So if they are employing and working in Nigeria, they should drain Nigerians?
Are they not making profit even with cheap labour.
All the more reason, it should be less expensive.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by Marvell23(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
chiefobdk:

U don't need to root Ur phone.
Re: My Review of The Phantom 5 by daphid25(m): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2015
Karmanaut:

LMAO.
Idiot.
Your stupid Tecno is insignificant, they're not even known in their home country China.
This fact won't change no matter how many accounts you open, so go ahead: open 50 more accounts and gush about the latest substandard Tecno shit. Just know you're fooling no one but yourself.
You need to visit a psychologist
Oti ya weere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Well Did Camon CX Fare In Nigerian Markets? / How To Get Airtel Free 1GB For Browsing / Instagram Announces Plan To Allow Users 'Shadow Ban' Bullies On Their Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.