Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them (18726 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Never Ever Confide In People About Your Faults, Weaknesses Or Shortcomings! / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by letsbet(m): 8:58am On Nov 22, 2015
ok
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Lordfave(m): 9:12am On Nov 22, 2015
What about gambling
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by possibilita(m): 9:16am On Nov 22, 2015
nnanyereugo:
Jst didn't evn read it
that is another weakness that limits our knowledge on things.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Angel196(f): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2015
*500naira Earners Networking! Forget about brokeness as a student, Job seekers, Work-at-home-mom, Government workers, self employed.. No matter which of the category you are, it is time to Make real Money online in Nigeria, we have created a fast growing networking type that pays you up to 9 level deep, yes you'll get paid again.. again.. and again. So if you ever want to work once and get Paid forever 500naira earners is made specially for you. Work this week and get paid till you grow old. Bring your children in and they'll get paid till they grow old. Make up 9000 naira weekly with just 500 naira.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Leez(m): 9:47am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:
And so I came online yesterday on my long abandoned 2go messenger where I had a discussion with one of my sons in the Lord. He was battling with a weakness that propelled me to create this thread to render help to youths who here, are struggling to overcome these weaknesses due to their retar'ded growth in the Spiritual realm into maturity. If this my son in the Lord at his age can be struggling with such thing I fear for the youths in the Churches and wonder if the shepherds are really shepherding.

As a youth filled with invigorating energy I have managed to list major weaknesses perhaps besetting sins which I myself have overcome in my early years in Faith and which as observed many sheep in the fold,mainly youths, are struggling with.

NOTE: If you are struggling with a weakness not listed, all you have to do is make it known. Spiritual people here will help you with it.

1. Mendacity: Mendacity means telling lies. Taking myself as an example then, I do lie. I lie with such intensity that can raised the dead if such lies are told against them,the dead I assume cannot keep quiet to such lies. But then somehow i understand mendacity is a bad trait, a trait not found in Christ. And since it's not found in Christ, it can't be in the Father and the command is "Be yee perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect" and I want to be perfect. But how did I stop telling lies?

Each weakness have other weakness(es) they feed on and the lieing spirit have a weakness he feeds on. Generalization of weaknesses as default of the flesh is dangerous and destructive to sons of God as they are not, example is fear which is the weakness that makes one lie. Fear is attributed to the spirit not the flesh. To overcome the temptation to lie you must first overcome the spirit of fear, the only way to save someone under electric shock is switching off the light not touching the person. Your problem is not lieing, fear is. You lie only when you are afraid of the revelation of Truth. You tell a lie when you are afraid of mortal men. Stop being afraid of men and you won't be telling lies again.

2. Sexual Urge: It takes me with much surprise when I see Youths complain about their Sexual urge. I wonder if I am not human since I don't feel these urges but then I see am not the only one like this, there are thousands of us like that in the Church. Excuse are it's natural, assume it is, but If not controlled you end up fornicating and masturbating,sisters in the fellowship take turns every night and before you know it you have become father Abraham with many sons. And these things above are works of the flesh which makes them sins when left unchecked gradually replaces the light in you with darkness till you see nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Sexual urges can be controlled, not only controlled but stopped at the same time. Yes, you read me well, it can be stopped. Now many shepherds understand self control is the key, what is needed to control it. But ask them how do you exercise this self control they had no knowledge of how.So how do you apply self control?

Sexual urges agreed has it's source rooted deep in the flesh.Meaning, it is dead without the flesh . So if you live every hour in the spiritual realm instead of the physical Sexual urges will cease to exist. Living in the spirit is not a difficult thing to do.Now am aware living in spirit to some means speaking in tongues. Well, that is not true, living in the spirit is having your mind more on spiritual things instead of things on earth. Above instead of below. As you set your mind on spiritual things you become spiritually alive oblivious of things around,even your body becomes dead. With the death of the body comes the end of the Sexual urges. Understand this process is painful if you have gone through it as a son of God but the fruit of it is worth the pains.

3. Anger: If asked the probabilty of not getting angry in a day you had probably said 0%. Anger in youths you will agree with me are destructive. And sometimes after the action you ask yourself why on earth did you get angry but at such time it has always been as of other times, late. From what I see you can live without getting angry.Sounds impossible but it's possible. That is if you are ready to lead a gentle and meek life.

Anger unlike Sexual urge is a thing of the mind. You overcome the mind you get rid of anger. During those days when I began the quest of conquering anger I learned from the Bible before anger there must be an offence.You must feel offended,cheated and jilted. So the problem is not anger, it's about the negative feeling,emotional feelings. So why not get rid if this negative feelings?

Getting rid of negative feelings is not a hard or impossible thing to do. It only involve adjusting your mind to insults and taking life with levity,all things as vanity.

God's plan for you as a youth is great. As great as those plans are so also are great the challenges. As great as these challenges are, greater still is Christ that lives in you.It might takes days, it might takes weeks, months, even years. No matter how long, just keep trying till you attain the stature of the Son Of God.

God bless us all.

Cc: Lalasticlala, OAM4J
ehem
first of spiritual son?ppl n religion smh
all dos tins u call weaknesses are actually what make us human
wen u do too much of anytin it becomes unhealthy
i don tell seun make e create fiction section for una dont know wts d hold up
oh nd who still uses 2go in 2015
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Perceptor(m): 9:51am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:
And so I came online yesterday on my long abandoned 2go messenger where I had a discussion with one of my sons in the Lord. He was battling with a weakness that propelled me to create this thread to render help to youths who here, are struggling to overcome these weaknesses due to their retar'ded growth in the Spiritual realm into maturity. If this my son in the Lord at his age can be struggling with such thing I fear for the youths in the Churches and wonder if the shepherds are really shepherding.

As a youth filled with invigorating energy I have managed to list major weaknesses perhaps besetting sins which I myself have overcome in my early years in Faith and which as observed many sheep in the fold,mainly youths, are struggling with.

NOTE: If you are struggling with a weakness not listed, all you have to do is make it known. Spiritual people here will help you with it.

1. Mendacity: Mendacity means telling lies. Taking myself as an example then, I do lie. I lie with such intensity that can raised the dead if such lies are told against them,the dead I assume cannot keep quiet to such lies. But then somehow i understand mendacity is a bad trait, a trait not found in Christ. And since it's not found in Christ, it can't be in the Father and the command is "Be yee perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect" and I want to be perfect. But how did I stop telling lies?

Each weakness have other weakness(es) they feed on and the lieing spirit have a weakness he feeds on. Generalization of weaknesses as default of the flesh is dangerous and destructive to sons of God as they are not, example is fear which is the weakness that makes one lie. Fear is attributed to the spirit not the flesh. To overcome the temptation to lie you must first overcome the spirit of fear, the only way to save someone under electric shock is switching off the light not touching the person. Your problem is not lieing, fear is. You lie only when you are afraid of the revelation of Truth. You tell a lie when you are afraid of mortal men. Stop being afraid of men and you won't be telling lies again.

2. Sexual Urge: It takes me with much surprise when I see Youths complain about their Sexual urge. I wonder if I am not human since I don't feel these urges but then I see am not the only one like this, there are thousands of us like that in the Church. Excuse are it's natural, assume it is, but If not controlled you end up fornicating and masturbating,sisters in the fellowship take turns every night and before you know it you have become father Abraham with many sons. And these things above are works of the flesh which makes them sins when left unchecked gradually replaces the light in you with darkness till you see nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Sexual urges can be controlled, not only controlled but stopped at the same time. Yes, you read me well, it can be stopped. Now many shepherds understand self control is the key, what is needed to control it. But ask them how do you exercise this self control they had no knowledge of how.So how do you apply self control?

Sexual urges agreed has it's source rooted deep in the flesh.Meaning, it is dead without the flesh . So if you live every hour in the spiritual realm instead of the physical Sexual urges will cease to exist. Living in the spirit is not a difficult thing to do.Now am aware living in spirit to some means speaking in tongues. Well, that is not true, living in the spirit is having your mind more on spiritual things instead of things on earth. Above instead of below. As you set your mind on spiritual things you become spiritually alive oblivious of things around,even your body becomes dead. With the death of the body comes the end of the Sexual urges. Understand this process is painful if you have gone through it as a son of God but the fruit of it is worth the pains.

3. Anger: If asked the probabilty of not getting angry in a day you had probably said 0%. Anger in youths you will agree with me are destructive. And sometimes after the action you ask yourself why on earth did you get angry but at such time it has always been as of other times, late. From what I see you can live without getting angry.Sounds impossible but it's possible. That is if you are ready to lead a gentle and meek life.

Anger unlike Sexual urge is a thing of the mind. You overcome the mind you get rid of anger. During those days when I began the quest of conquering anger I learned from the Bible before anger there must be an offence.You must feel offended,cheated and jilted. So the problem is not anger, it's about the negative feeling,emotional feelings. So why not get rid if this negative feelings?

Getting rid of negative feelings is not a hard or impossible thing to do. It only involve adjusting your mind to insults and taking life with levity,all things as vanity.

God's plan for you as a youth is great. As great as those plans are so also are great the challenges. As great as these challenges are, greater still is Christ that lives in you.It might takes days, it might takes weeks, months, even years. No matter how long, just keep trying till you attain the stature of the Son Of God.

God bless us all.

This be one of the best if not the best write up i've ever read on NL, I mean problems wt practicable and reasonable solutions. Only matured believers will undertstand and see possibility in dwellin in spirit though. God will continue to strenghten you.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by MChaze25(m): 10:03am On Nov 22, 2015
[quote author=Highcuerayte post=40279416]And so I came online yesterday on my long abandoned 2go messenger where I had a discussion with one of my sons in the Lord. He was battling with a weakness that propelled me to create this thread to render help to youths who here, are struggling to overcome these weaknesses due to their retar'ded growth in the Spiritual realm into maturity. If this my son in the Lord at his age can be struggling with such thing I fear for the youths in the Churches and wonder if the shepherds are really shepherding.

Nice post.
Like you read my mind for the past three weeks now
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by IME1: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2015
I think only the Holy Spirit of God can help us because the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I don't think people want to suffer the consequences of these evil choices but what can they do when the urge to be angry, for sex or other peer pressures beset them?
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by freshcvvs: 10:34am On Nov 22, 2015
Why try to live in the spiritual realm when you can just die and go there once and for all?

You're in the world, yet wants to live in the spiritual world? If God wanted you to live in the spiritual world, why then did he bring you here to live in the physical world with all the workings of a physical nature? E.g urges and desires?

1 Like

Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 22, 2015
okay.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Emeka71(m): 11:10am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:

God bless us all.

So what you are telling us is that you are a pastor.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by krismars(m): 11:20am On Nov 22, 2015
God bless my wonderful brother
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Ademolag(m): 11:28am On Nov 22, 2015
What about low self esteem, we always want to be like one musician or one actor, meanwhile they are also human like us. Well i overcame that
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by shalomm: 11:29am On Nov 22, 2015
[quote author=Highcuerayte post=40279416]And so I came online yesterday on my long abandoned 2go messenger where I had a discussion with one of my sons in the Lord. He was battling with a weakness that propelled me to create this thread to render help to youths who here, are struggling to overcome these weaknesses due to their retar'ded growth in the Spiritual realm into maturity. If this my son in the Lord at his age can be struggling with such thing I fear for the youths in the Churches and wonder if the shepherds are really shepherding.

Can you please shepherd me?
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Ademolag(m): 11:31am On Nov 22, 2015
Meritbaba:
How do you escape sexual urges with the way our ladies dress this days, and when u see muslim lady that covered up all her body, you call her all sort of names
they wear it because they know it triggers you. Why does it trigger you.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by shalomm: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2015
Freemanan:
grin
MAN IS THE MEASURE OF ALL THINGS
"of those that are they are, of those that are not, they are not"
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by emmanuelmacrow(m): 11:39am On Nov 22, 2015
O God am guilty of all the three above. Please God deliver me
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by virginboy1(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Booking space ......kwantnui
I tried to live a perfect life, especially that of our Lord Jesus Christ. But Conji and Poverty and complex issues nearly ruined. Pastor pray for youth like us with very vigorous libido
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Dbisector(m): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
Great topic. God Bless the poster
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2015
shalomm:

"of those that are they are, of those that are not, they are not"

angry
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
Glory
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by RexTramadol1: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2015
That lie ehn........chai! E don get masters for my body

The time I be wan stop, naso I meet this serial lying gal na him I com try show am say me sef fit come outta retirement

Girls make me vex with their lies, and when I vex......I lie very hard to reset their destinies!
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by shalomm: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2015
Freemanan:

angry
intelligent men walk on the surface of this earth. I decided to help you complete the quote. No vex.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by professore(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
I saw some points here
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by MrDavidson: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2015
Deejay1000:
Quite educative no end time ish .

My main problem is anger am vry quick tempered nd i have bn tryn hard to cöntrol it. . . Anybdy wit a +tive solution shld share sad

If you are already born again(because that's the foundation) and you still notice some elements of your past in your new life, one of the best thing to do is to consistently pray about it. Another one is to be ready to play your own part, to be free. For am instance, you'll have to turn "deaf ears" many times to what may annoy you....

God bless you.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by cee001(m): 4:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
joseph1832:
LMFAO!. This OP just cracked me up. Like almost of christian saying, its laughable. The part of the sexual urges and living in the spirit realm made me LOL.

Gosh! You guys are so full it!. So OP, I guess if you leave in the spirit realm and a girl touches you in a sensitive way, or even handles your pudenda you won't get aroused? This is hilarious.

You lot will do well to know that not everyone is gullible and not everyone subscribe to your beliefs and doctrines.
If u walk in the Spirit,you will not FULFIL the desires of the flesh....
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by djnonny(m): 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2015
noted
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Deejay1000(m): 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
MrDavidson:

If you are already born again(because that's the foundation) and you still notice some elements of your past in your new life, one of the best thing to do is to consistently pray about it. Another one is to be ready to play your own part, to be free. For am instance, you'll have to turn "deaf ears" many times to what may annoy you....

God bless you.

thanx nd God bless u 2
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by Highcuerayte: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2015
Emeka71:
So what you are telling us is that you are a pastor.
lol.....am not a pastor.
Re: Weaknesses That Beset Youths And How To Overcome Them by SYLVESTER777: 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2015
tempest69:
Am a believer not a Religious Christians.
The reason we struggle today as believers is nothing but an adulterated sermon by various churches characterised by doctrines of men i.e the combination of the new Testament and the Old.

Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

From the above passage you could see alot of people still try to keep the TEN commandments which is a summary of 613 laws. Paul said if you are such person, then keep the whole law without forfeiting one. Who can? And if you can then Christ is of no importance to you and as such you are fallen from grace. The hope of righteousness is not by works but by faith I.e Believing in the Finished work of Christ JESUS at the Cross.

Alot of people tend to struggle to live a righteous life which is not but a filty rag before God. But righteousness of God is a gift through faith.

Romans 4:1 What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham BELIEVED God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The key word is BELIEVE. Not works as our today preachers decieved us. This is the GOSPEL OF CHRIST and it means THE GOOD NEWS!!!

BROTHERS AND SISTERS SHINE YOUR EYES

It seems you don"t really understand the Gospel of Christ-No one is saved by the keeping of the law,we are saved by grace through faith.....Ephesians2:8-10,Having been SAVED ,do we now make void the LAW of GOD(THE TEN COMMANDMENTS)? answer -NO! Read/study these passages:Rom3:31,philippians 4:13,John14:15,Rev22:14,James2:10-12,Matt5:17,1cor7:19 and Rev14:12.Remain blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.