Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job (34307 Views)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / My Boss Is Threatening My Marriage / My Wife Is Not What I Thought Before We Got Married: I Want To Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Nova15: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
Omotolu:
...are you insinuating one should not marry because one has not got a job? Anyway,there is no specific scenerio that will determine when or whether a man should get married. Nigerian economy can make one single till old age.

Yes there is. After marriage, the next step is to make a family which is having children and taking care of them. This is the main responsibility of the head of the family.
How's he going to do that without a job?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by torddy4u(m): 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
tallfish145:
I graduated in 2012 and had my NYSC in 2014 but since then getting a meaning job has been a major challenge for me. Though after my NYSC,I opened an hair dressing salon for my wife in my hometown but after few months,she asked if we can relocate to abuja(where we met). After so many pressures from her,she moved to Abuja sometime in March,2015 and i later joined her in April after she secured an apartment i paid for. I stayed idle(after many job search) for two months before i got somewhere(through nairaland). As a graduate,i was earning 20k per month and transportation to work in month cost about 9-10k. Due to stress,i left the place after 3months. Now,this is November, no job and my wife is threatening to leave me,for reason that she hasn't experience hardship when she was alone. Please advice me on what to do friends.

I think this is early marriage syndrome most especially when getting married to young girls that just graduated, that has not felt the heat in the labor market. two of my frnd that are politicians are passing tru the same heat living in their personal houses in PH, with fleet of cars, just that their party lost in the previous election n mine I'm a Lil job not earning upto 60k n have abt fews days off duty. despite that she mounted pressure that the money is not enough, meanwhile I started job search from 2009 after nysc till date not seen a better one yet. to cut the story short I talked to her but all in vain. so I decided to be leaving the house n started coming back late, when she called I told her that I was looking for job by 10pm for 3days n she started begging n promised that she wont do that again. like wise the other 2 frnds of mine.
# just look for something n be doing no matter how small it is.
# don't be moved by her threat(if u not ready to loose u can't hv it).
#she just want u to up n doing even if u r doing sth or not.
#she wants to be hearing that u took ur cv to house of assembly gate n the gate man said come tomorrow, tell her to be praying for u to get a better job.
# don't regret that u married her, but this is the fun abt it.
#im sorry to say this''don't beg her again''but do the needful.
# keep searching u will get a better job soonest

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Trapnews: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
englishmart:
if you love her, then find a job. A man who can't provide for the family is worse than an infidel

undecided

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by sleekone: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
So you didn't have a job but still let your wife pressure you into moving to abuja. What were you thinking! Why did leave the little job you had before finding another one.
Your problem is not knowing your priorities. Your wife sef no try!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by sukkot: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
angiography:

no one forced him to get married.

marriage comes with responsibility
well we finally see eye to eye on the bolded. its his cross he has to carry for stupidly rushing into marriage. like in this era of enlightenement why is he still living like a primitive man ? primitive men married early and had many kids so the kids can all work on the farm. the earlier you married and the more kids you had the better you were cuz that means more hands to harvest the crops. this is a different era. unless your father is dangote, you dont need to be getting married till you are 40 grin

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Nova15: 5:25pm On Nov 22, 2015
sben2308:

So does getting married with no job means he isn't getting his priority straight. Wat about those who had a job before marriage and lost it ...

Oga, now that he got married without a job. See what he is going through. Abi didn't you read his story?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by osina: 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Bros I think she is not meant for u. A good wife will be by your side at any time. Many wives are breadwinners pending when d husband gets a good job. D important thing is that u are a graduate and by d Grace of God a good job must come. Allow her do her mind. Don't even beg her if not she may turn u into a house boy. Think.
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Nova15: 5:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
Trapnews:

undecided

Lol, but he is actually right.
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by angiography(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
sukkot:
well we finally see eye to eye on the bolded. its his cross he has to carry for stupidly rushing into marriage. like in this era of enlightenement why is he still living like a primitive man ? primitive men married early and had many kids so the kids can all work on the farm. the earlier you married and the more kids you had the better you were cuz that means more hands to harvest the crops. this is a different era. unless your father is dangote, you dont need to be getting married till you are 40 grin
lol...that's so true....
well, perhaps the op got the ladie impregnated and had to marry her..lol

the 40 is kinda long tho...u don't want ur children to call u Grandpa... lol
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by kaypompey3: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
God is your strength my brother,, everything happen for a purpose. In everything always give thanks to God
what is your field of specialization, am not employer but have the chance for the field of elect/elect.
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by pedrilo: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nova15:
But OP why should you even be thinking of marrying when you haven't secured a job?

You should get your priorities striaght!
this is d problem wit young guys of nowadays. To tink I graduated 3 years b4 dis guy, wit a job dat pays me 100k monthly, plus I just rounded up a Masters programme I started wen I got d job, and yet i'm still single and looking for ways to increase my income, dis one is tinkin of marriage and woman. @op u neva see anytin, I dnt pity u at all. U hav laid ur bed so pls go and sleep on it.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by bugativeron: 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2015
tallfish145:
I graduated in 2012 and had my NYSC in 2014 but since then getting a meaning job has been a major challenge for me. Though after my NYSC,I opened an hair dressing salon for my wife in my hometown but after few months,she asked if we can relocate to abuja(where we met). After so many pressures from her,she moved to Abuja sometime in March,2015 and i later joined her in April after she secured an apartment i paid for. I stayed idle(after many job search) for two months before i got somewhere(through nairaland). As a graduate,i was earning 20k per month and transportation to work in month cost about 9-10k. Due to stress,i left the place after 3months. Now,this is November, no job and my wife is threatening to leave me,for reason that she hasn't experience hardship when she was alone. Please advice me on what to do friends.

You graduated in 2012 you served in 2014, and you are already married. Are you that jobless and vision less. Now you want us to pity you. I am sure that girl pushed you to marriage. Bale nta Igbo, iyawo nta ogogiro, Omo GBA Owo ita esi ni e fe esu labule. Meaning, Eze sells Indian hemp, his wife sells shepe( kaikai) their son is a tout and you are saying you Dont want trouble in the village. Yeye they smell.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by mikolo80: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
tallfish145:
sorry but you have a useless wife that used you to get out of the village now she doesn't need you again. no be wife you marry o but liability. and you sef why your wife go de control you like mumu. you carry go Abuja with no plan cos your wife said so. so if she say you should join Boko Haram you will join cos she applied pressure
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by kaypompey3: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
inbox me kaytechnology@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by ogawisdom(m): 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2015
tallfish145:

Simple go and find job, hw could u have married without one

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by greggng: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
That woman is not your wife. She might be the bad luck not allowing you to secure your dream job. If she doesn't have a child for you, pls allow her to go so that you can arrange your life. I hate young men that doesn't plan their future before marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by donshady(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
You don't have a wife bro.
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Nova15: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2015
sben2308:

So does getting married with no job means he isn't getting his priority straight. Wat about those who had a job before marriage and lost it ...

Oga now that he got married without a job and going this this shit. Which is better?

Did you even read his story?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by ify84(m): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2015
No job, u moved to Abuja... The most costly city... Something is wrong with the op..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Emasel(m): 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
Remind her marriage is for better, for worse! or has she forgotten her vows?
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by kilode100(f): 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
Yeye dey smell.

You expect your wife to feed, cloth and house you?

Olorunmajebadthing biko!! So your only mission in life is to bang her?? He might even be lousy in bed with bad breath and all.. You have misplaced priorities jawe.

Wetin I dey read bikozienu shocked shocked, the only thing he's bringing to the table is his blockous..

Tafia.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2015
End time wife.
Let her go na, wen one door closes, another one will open
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Acidosis(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
OP made NO mistake by marrying her without a JOB. What if you had a job and later lost it? Do you all think the witch will make a different statement?

Abeg let her go!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by supremepapey(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
Bro, u didn't marry ur wife ( God's destined woman) , u married a woman who was destined for someone else hence the predicament. Because ur true wife will stick with u through thick and thin and not give u ultimatum cos of ur present predicament.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by ify84(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nova15:

Oga now that he got married without a job and going this this shit. Which is better?

Did you even read his story?

The job is not the issue... He had the wrong wife. ..
If he has a job and marry, and after marriage, lose the job, this kind of his wife will still lament.. . She is ostentatious, that maybe why she insisted on Abuja

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by nobeku: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nova15:
But OP why should you even be thinking of marrying when you haven't secured a job?

Things aren't always the way it seems..and life doesn't always, most times, play out the way it should.. It's not about the job really.... Some women will even threaten when you have a job and you at earning 250k..The problem is not the job or money cos he could still make over 300k monthly without a "job", if you get me.. The problem is THE WIFE...I got married to my wife without any job.. And she never felt bad for once or hustled me.. Because of who SHE IS..Today, that a memory we enjoy laughing over..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by fyneboi79(m): 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
tallfish145:
Have u paid her bride price? If not let her go better women will come ur way.
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by nobeku: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nova15:

Things aren't always the way it seems..and life doesn't always, most times, play out the way it should.. It's not about the job really.... Some women will even threaten when you have a job and you at earning 250k..The problem is not the job or money cos he could still make over 300k monthly without a "job", if you get me.. The problem is THE WIFE...I got married to my wife without any job.. And she never felt bad for once or hustled me.. Because of who SHE IS..Today, that is a memory we enjoy laughing over..
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by adexolu: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nova15:

He's already married Mr. Oga, you don't have to chastise him all over again. I'm sure he's blaming himself for getting married already.

Op sit your wife down and talk to her, if she refuses, leave the decision to her. A yoruba adage says, 'if your wife leave you, trouble has left you be that'. Marriage is for better for worse, if she can't endure the worst, then she's not fit to be a wife.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by thelish(f): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
fm7070:

OK Bro.
That is end time women for us oooooooo.
If the man should go into kidnapping or robbery and bring loads of money, she will be all over him as if her life depends on him
He can't go into keke driving n other menial jobs but arm robbery. E dey he blood before. nonsense
Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by Trapnews: 5:47pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nova15:

Lol, but he is actually right.

shocked

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job by nobeku: 5:49pm On Nov 22, 2015
kilode100:
Yeye dey smell.

You expect your wife to feed, cloth and house you?

Olorunmajebadthing biko!! So your only mission in life is to bang her?? He might even be lousy in bed with bad breath and all.. You have misplaced priorities jawe.

Wetin I dey read bikozienu shocked shocked, the only thing he's bringing to the table is his blockous..

Tafia.
You're obviously NOT married and really sounding like a youngster.. Using your post, what also is the woman bringing to the table? Well, I can't even begin to explain to you.. A 4 by 5 mind can NEVER understand a 15 by 16 concept..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Confesses And Apologizes To His Wife On Facebook For Cheating (photos) / 30 Habits That Show Improper Upbringing Of Children / Clearance Sales Of Household Goods...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.