Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates (38055 Views)

6 Daily Habits Of Highly Successful Students / 10 Misused English Words That Make Smart People Look Silly / Some Common Silly Mistakes/errors People Make In English Language. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2015
I was born and bred in Lagos Nigeria. i am over 30 but swimming in poverty. i attended a university in Ogun state but i dropped out due to the loss of my mother who happened to be my sponsor back then. My father died before i was 4years old so i had no one to fall back on. I am the only child and life has been so cruel to me. I have no job at hand. My fathers family has taken possession of his property at Agege Lagos because they insist my mother had me for another man due to stories i'm hearing for the first time since my parent's demise. The story of my life is so wide, bitter and depressing. The moral of my epistle is that i need a casual job to survive. I am contemplating suicide at the moment and i almost drank sniper insecticide today. This is my last attempt at survival before i do the needful on my existence. Nairalanders please help me find any legal job be it unskilled labour. I have tried and tried but to no avail. Pardon me for been incoherent. I am a depressed soul waiting to see if my life can have a second chance.

This is not fraud nor scam. if you really want to know how real my story is kindly send me a private message.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 23, 2015
I knw it's Tosyne2much, end time mr 10types cheesy
Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by MissNairaland1: 10:14am On Nov 23, 2015
I dont agree with this article...
Gone are those days.
Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by rita25(f): 10:15am On Nov 23, 2015
they ask u to feel free to add the 10th point wen they said 10 silly habbits they give u nine and ask u to supply the 10th one

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by yyeanqah(m): 10:16am On Nov 23, 2015
End time graduates
Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by algorithmz(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 23, 2015
ehn ehn what is it sef!

All these Itk people, is it easy to be a graduate

I possess all the traits and many more kilode angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2015
Lol, it funny anyway. it just after graduate. in less than few months, the story will change.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 23, 2015
Lol, it funny anyway. it just after graduate. in less than few months, the story will change. Na normal

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by kolexepana: 10:28am On Nov 23, 2015
You went to school doesn't mean you're educated
You can be a graduate and an undergraduate still speak sense into you

3 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by musicwriter(m): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2015
1. They Discriminate against the not so Educated/Illiterates

I know that it's never easy to be a graduate in a country like this, but that's not justifiable to discriminate against other people. Some of them are always quick to label other people illiterates at any slight provocation. I have witnessed many scenes when several corpers where bashing a bus conductors labelling him an illiterate when the "give me my change" duel arose

To some graduates, in as much as you were not fortunate to pass through the four walls of a university, they see you as a mediocrity. This is one of the foolishness displayed by some graduates.

2. They Intimidate other people with the use of grammar

This is common with the female folks. They will always want to show off in public places that they have good articulation of pronunciation, spellings, dictions etc, even when the situation doesn't warrant it. However, they may be very fluent in their mother tongue but when in public places, they will always want to show to people that they are grammatical good in Queens' English, speaking like Celine Dion. If you speak Yoruba to them, they will respond in English cos they feel they are too learned to speak their mother tongue

The first is as a result of lack of proper structuring of education itself in Africa. The structure of education in Africa is so screwed that education causes elitism, which help widen the gap between poor and rich.

The second is as a result of intellectual slavery. Unfortunately, training Africans to keep-off our value system and ideals is what comes with western education.

Therefore, we literally go to school in Africa to become un-educated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Realdeals(m): 10:31am On Nov 23, 2015
The writer is on point! Very very TRUE!

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2015
I don't even do such.... I keep it low... So not all graduates behave that way... I dey even dey hustle the ground tight.. I Park my cert for one corner.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 23, 2015
End time graduates grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by absentminded: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2015
cool cool grin who is dis wan sef, e no easy to be a graduate na

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by shaluv2b2(f): 10:37am On Nov 23, 2015
madgoat:
grin why would a graduate become a shoe maker sef? May thunder fire the person dat suggested it undecided Do lions eat with cats?. .. Biko have some class joor grin

that was funny, but seriously it's true. (Half bread is better than None)
Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by femzysticks(m): 10:40am On Nov 23, 2015
madgoat:
grin why would a graduate become a shoe maker sef? May thunder fire the person dat suggested it undecided Do lions eat with cats?. .. Biko have some class joor grin

Yeah class is good so you can add class in shoe making

I know a guy in ile-ife
Kola Badmus
If you see the sandals that guy makes
Some go for 5K sef

Infact there is plenty money now in show making biz. Am not talking of the aboki who goes around with his box under the sun for peanut money

*just saying*

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by absentminded: 10:40am On Nov 23, 2015
AheadMarket:

This una endtime everything, e don dey look ancient na undecided
AheadMarket:

This una endtime everything, e don dey look ancient na

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by obinnashady(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2015
Lies and all lies.op in philosophy,this ur post is called hasty generalisation,not all graduates are like that

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2015
Someone even used his corper belt after POP to flog a lady he had misundersting with. Jus to show he had served and the lady hasn't.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Deejay1000(m): 10:43am On Nov 23, 2015
End time list 4rm MrLIST grin
Btw most of the points u mentioned are true..

*guy give me 2 wraps of oshogbo weed ma clear my eyes wela. Gv the op a biq bottle of öriqin make em hiqh

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 23, 2015
Their shoe soles gets chopped due to constant trekking in search of white collar jobs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by tobhex1(m): 10:50am On Nov 23, 2015
U correct..... Dats y d white will always improve. Graduates can do petty jobs, u can be done best at what you do. A graduate can bring new ideas, brands n styles into petty jobs, dats aw u will be distinctive. Enuf of white collar jobs dat gets us no wia

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2015
If they get their dream jobs,their pomposity will upgrade.I know one female graduate who did an IT in a Toyota service Centre close to my former office.She couldn't touch some greasy bolts that was given to her to hold while she was undergoing training.She was so full of herself.Whereas,she called herself an engineer.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by drhabeeb99: 10:50am On Nov 23, 2015
11 They use their pride to chase secondary school girls or school leavers of age 15_18 about .fooling them with their Bsc and they come to nairaland to blame SLS for marrying an 18 years old lady...shake my head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by manny4u(m): 10:51am On Nov 23, 2015
This list is strange oooooo!! Cos in my hood(kubwa) we still roll together with our pears that did not proceed to higher institutions, even those that travel to hustle abroad whenever they come back home we still hang out drink spirit,beer, and get high and gist about a lot of things and even share business ideas and info. Nothing has really changed. Except dos dt are married dy don't hang out with us frequently which is understandable. BEING A GRADUATE SHOULD NOT MAKE YOU FORGET WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM

2 Likes

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2015
They will want to get married immediately

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by djbussy(m): 10:53am On Nov 23, 2015
They say no to all you have stated.

1 Like

Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by aydot34: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2015
madgoat:

Indeed u re a madgoat since 13BC grin
Re: 10 Silly Habits Of Most Nigerians When They Become Graduates by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 23, 2015
TOPCRUISE:
They will want to get married immediately
The female ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / University Of Ibadan 2012/2013 PG Students Let's Meet Here. / Benue Poly Students Suffer Flood From Early Morning Downpour (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.