Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose (19028 Views)

Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC / We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors / N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Amanwulu1(m): 6:44am On Nov 23, 2015
Inioluwa01:

I suppose you meant to say 'The only yoruba MADMAN alive'
u see, leadership requires d trust of d ppl to thrive. There4 u first win d ppl's heart b4 asking 4 their hands n to win d heart u need to knw d abc of communicatn. fayose has got dis one also knwing wen to appeal to his ppl's hearts.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Amanwulu1(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2015
Inioluwa01:

I suppose you meant to say 'The only yoruba MADMAN alive'
u see, leadership requires d trust of d ppl to thrive. There4 u first win d ppl's heart b4 asking 4 their hands n to win d heart u need to knw d abc of communicatn. fayose has got dis one also. knwing wen to appeal to his ppl's hearts is not madness if ur sense is not warped.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Amanwulu1(m): 6:48am On Nov 23, 2015
And ur point is? Pls don't b too hasty to reply, think.
searching4l0ve:
undecided FAYOSE IS JUST AN ATTENTION SEEKER WHO DERIVES PLEASURE IN UNNECESSARY MEDIA PUBLICITY undecided I KNOW EASTERNERS WILL HAIL THIS THUG CUM GOVERNOR FORGETTING THAT MOST GOVERNORS FROM THE SOUTH EAST CANT PAY THE 18K MINIMUM WAGE AS WELL. THIS LAMENTATIONS IS NOT RELATED TO A POLITICAL PARTY. EVERY NIGERIAN IS NOW FEELING THE HEAT OF ECONOMIC MISMANAGEMENT AND YEARS OF WASTAGE UNDER GEJ WHO THE IGBOS SUPPORTED SO HARD TO REMAIN IN ASO ROCK. SHAME sad sad
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Atmmachine(m): 6:50am On Nov 23, 2015
Donlittle:
everyday? dude that is 3000 dollars a month, how much do you make?

I can't count how much i make monthly.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by chukwunaluodili(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2015
Look at this guy, fear go let you spend $100 a day for food. As if food is not the cheapest commodity in america. If I may ask can you finish food worth $100 a day in america?

]That's like how much i spend everyday on food.

$100 is like 19 thousand naira.
Nigeria is a rich country but our leaders are busy milking the nation dry.[/color][/quote]
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by micayo(m): 6:55am On Nov 23, 2015
searching4l0ve:
undecided FAYOSE IS JUST AN ATTENTION SEEKER WHO DERIVES PLEASURE IN UNNECESSARY MEDIA PUBLICITY undecided I KNOW EASTERNERS WILL HAIL THIS THUG CUM GOVERNOR FORGETTING THAT MOST GOVERNORS FROM THE SOUTH EAST CANT PAY THE 18K MINIMUM WAGE AS WELL. THIS LAMENTATIONS IS NOT RELATED TO A POLITICAL PARTY. EVERY NIGERIAN IS NOW FEELING THE HEAT OF ECONOMIC MISMANAGEMENT AND YEARS OF WASTAGE UNDER GEJ WHO THE IGBOS SUPPORTED SO HARD TO REMAIN IN ASO ROCK. SHAME sad sad

There's no way you are not the dumbest person ever. How come it is after GEJ administration that this so called heat is felt? During his time there was no complain whatsoever about paying minimum wage. You would hail Governors that says they can't minimum wage and criticise those that has the masses interest @ heart even with the so called 'economic hardship'. Why are they there in the first place? Isn't it to keep the boat (nation) from swaying into the deep blue sea? Even if the economy is really that bad, there position is to make it right not throwing accusations. This is the TRUTH, they have no ideology and political strategy to move this country forward. Just say it as it is 'the dullard you voted for is incompetent'. How do you as a Nigerian vote for someone who still says West and East Germany in this dispensation. Isn't it obvious he lives in a past time when we obviously need someone who understands the NOW of the world and can manage the nation with contemporary economic policies. You are all a disgrace to this Nation.

My Footnote: Time will certainly tell.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by pweetychyka(f): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2015
Atmmachine:
That's like how much i spend everyday on food.

$100 is like 19 thousand naira.
Nigeria is a rich country but our leaders are busy milking the nation dry.

Nice points up dere!
But hope u r very much aware dat currency differs?
And at dat u spend $100 without feeling lyk u r spending up to 19k for ur meal!

Anoda point u should take note is dis- do u know ao much Ghana cedis makes #100?

Dats to let u knw dat u can't compare ur meal money n d economy over dere wit Nigeria wink

But u must be a bad niqqa ooooooo!
Spending 19k for a day meal! When I can stock ma kitchen with enof food stuffs at dat amount grin cheesy
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by shamecurls(m): 6:57am On Nov 23, 2015
grin the same way you guys ruined Jimi Agbaje's political career.

bugzbunny:
The only yoruba man alive
One man battalion
General of stomach infrastructure
The king of the west
Fayose the great
Hope of the common man
O ga adiri gi mma ooo grin
Now dats real change
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by manutdadex(m): 6:58am On Nov 23, 2015
hassan85:
Always seeking attention. After NGF meeting, it was both PDP and APC governors joint together saying dey can't pay. Still waiting for a pictural image of any project ever committed by Fayose apart from entering markets and doing road safety all over d state
is it stupidity or bad belle? These alone is worth more than 20km Road.. U like stupid project like opon imo of aregbe or laptop for students by fayemi. This is d biggest project any serious government wil give his peope. EP!

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by fjjc(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2015
Bekwarra:
THE Ekiti State government has announced that it will
not slash the minimum wage it is currently paying its
workforce despite the financial challenges.
Governor Ayo Fayose, who stated this, said to ensure
the smooth payment of the salaries, the state
government might de-centralise the state’s payment
system.
Governor Fayose, who disclosed this at the weekend
while speaking during a sensitisation tour of
Irepodun/Ifelodun and Ekiti South-West local
government areas, said the current minimum wage
of N18,000 was “grossly inadequate,” adding that
“any slash would not augur well for the workers and
their dependants.”
A statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the
Governor, Mr Idowu Adelusi, quoted the governor to
have said “the state government would work out
ways that the government and the labour unions
would agree on the mode of payment.”
He said the governor, who first visited Igede-Ekiti,
headquarters of Irepodun/Ifelodun council area, said
there was “no point hiding the financial situation of
the state government from the workers.”
He said: “I am enjoying your grace for returning me
to office and I am not going to take the grace for
granted. A governor who hides the true position of
things from his people is only deceiving himself. The
power of the people is greater than that of the leader.
“I won’t reduce workers’ salaries. The N18,000
minimum wage is even not enough. I will never hold
your money one day extra. The shortfall in the
bailout will be redressed,” he said.
The governor also added that a unit would be set up
in the Governor’s Office to look into complaints about
workers’ welfare.

tribuneonlineng.com/ekiti-wont-slash-workers-salary-fayose

If truly, this is the case out of mere politics and polithinking then Governor Fasoye is truly the masses governor.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Sgwash: 7:05am On Nov 23, 2015
searching4l0ve:

must everything b tribalised? Wetin concern east and igbo concern this post Did anybody compare eastern and western Governors? People will just stay and be being stupid on social media. As u keep trying to detract d igbos, d keep soaring greater heights, to ur utmost disappointment. bush pig!!!

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by slap1(m): 7:05am On Nov 23, 2015
The greatest Yoruba man. grin
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Atmmachine(m): 7:06am On Nov 23, 2015
pweetychyka:

Nice points up dere!
But hope u r very much aware dat currency differs?
And at dat u spend $100 without feeling lyk u r spending up to 19k for ur meal!

Anoda point u should take note is dis- do u know ao much Ghana cedis makes #100?

Dats to let u knw dat u can't compare ur meal money n d economy over dere wit Nigeria wink

But u must be a bad niqqa ooooooo!
Spending 19k for a day meal! When I can stock ma kitchen with enof food stuffs at dat amount grin cheesy

Only the French fries, Milk shake and Big Mac at McDonald will run down the money.
I just viewed your picture.
Why are you so beautiful ??
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Sgwash: 7:12am On Nov 23, 2015
Bollinger:
I wonder if Nigerians are still going to school. Which kind headline be this? And it obviously makes sense to the OP and a lot of people.
Lol... thought I was d only one that noticed...

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Le2money(m): 7:13am On Nov 23, 2015
searching4l0ve:
.... So u are in support of d reduction of d jst 18k WORKERS minimum wage claiming d financial situatn of d country is bad...why dnt u say dat d 40million (480m annually) basic salary paid to d ministers to be cut down cox of financial situatn of d country...mind u,dos collecting jst 18k mostly do d hard works in d office while d ogas at d top wil jst be in their offices dictating... d lower cadres are nt animals too

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Sgwash: 7:15am On Nov 23, 2015
micayo:

There's no way you are not the dumbest person ever. How come it is after GEJ administration that this so called heat is felt? During his time there was no complain whatsoever about paying minimum wage. You would hail Governors that says they can't minimum wage and criticise those that has the masses interest @ heart even with the so called 'economic hardship'. Why are they there in the first place? Isn't it to keep the boat (nation) from swaying into the deep blue sea? Even if the economy is really that bad, there position is to make it right not throwing accusations. This is the TRUTH, they have no ideology and political strategy to move this country forward. Just say it as it is 'the dullard you voted for is incompetent'. How do you as a Nigerian vote for someone who still says West and East Germany in this dispensation. Isn't it obvious he lives in a past time when we obviously need someone who understands the NOW of the world and can manage the nation with contemporary economic policies. You are all a disgrace to this Nation.

Time will certainly Tell my brother... make we just dey watch
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by pweetychyka(f): 7:16am On Nov 23, 2015
Atmmachine:

Only the French fries, Milk shake and Big Mac at McDonald will run down the money.
I just viewed your picture.
Why are you so beautiful ??

Hahahahaha funny u!
God knws beta winkcheesy
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by COMPAQ(m): 7:18am On Nov 23, 2015
Why us the focus on salary discussions only on the 18k minimum wage? It's not like every single person in the employ of any state government earns 18k. More likely there are far more people who earn above that.

Having said that the governors are showing they lack intellectual capabilities to increase IGR. They are not showing enough creativity at all. If it were me I'd raise taxes for anybody in the luxury space. For eg vehicle license can be increased for those who have luxury cars and suvs, while leaving those with regular saloon cars alone. Also those with luxury houses should pay tenement rates. And in fact the states should just ensure stricter compliance with existing laws on taxes. Too many people avoid tax.

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by kellsblingsz(m): 7:19am On Nov 23, 2015
There are some governors that has the qualities of a president...fayose is one of dem

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by DENJIZZY(m): 7:21am On Nov 23, 2015
chai...political propaganda
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Ghost01(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2015
CR77:
cool Nope but always speaking d 2ru
Which truth? He is owing pensioners in the state three months salary. Some LG workers in the state have not been paid in two months. And here he is running his mouth. You guys better stop celebrating nonsense because Rh'llor fire una join. Salaam!

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Ghost01(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2015
So Dr Fayose is waiting for bailout funds to pay salaries and pension? Isn't it hilarious that this is the same man who was chastising the former governor for borrowing money to fund capital projects? Liars everywhere.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by huwins(f): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2015
[b][/b]na so be dat

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Atmmachine(m): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2015
pweetychyka:

Hahahahaha funny u!
God knws beta winkcheesy

Oh
Wow.
You on Instagram ??
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2015
[s]
micayo:

[/s]

BUHARI TILL 2023

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2015
searching4l0ve:

Hey foool, GEJ ruled Nigeria for 5 years.......Obasanjo ruled for 12 years n he was one of the major people that destroyed Nigeria. Keep deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 23, 2015
searching4l0ve:

What kind of madness are u suffering from u will criticize the governors for not paying minimum wage n u will criticize the governor that wants to pay..........U be winch

1 Like

Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 23, 2015
ohenhen1:
I am not familiar with Ekiti state. Can some one please tell me what Governor Fayose is doing to improve IGR?

What is doing about the cost of government?

Please stay on topic.
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Gboliwe: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2015
Looks like I should make this man a role model tongue
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2015
Sometimes i wonder if Ekiti is part of the SS/SE. All this biafrans will keep wailing "Fayose My Governor"

You guys better get a life.

Smello Biafrans
Re: N18,000 Minimum Wage Though Not Enough, We Won't Slash Workers' Salary- Fayose by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2015
some will even be happy if non payment of salaries is legalized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obama Appoints Bukola Love-Oriola On US Human Trafficking Council - Pictured / Abike Dabiri, Ohaneze Ndigbo Condemn Attack On Sen. Ekweremadu In Germany / Boko Haram: Abubakar Sarki, Others Neutralised In Battle With Troops In Sambisa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.