Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election (35939 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Petitions Submitted To INEC For His Recall / Dino Melaye's Constituents Protest To INEC Office, Demand His Recall (Photos) / INEC; Death Knell of The Card Reader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Abayhormy(m): 8:10am On Nov 23, 2015
It is well
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by tunwumi: 8:11am On Nov 23, 2015
H
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Jaideyone(m): 8:11am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:
What I know and think about Kogi Election!

After Audu's death, I knew it wasn't just 'DEATH', he was killed intentionally. But I asked who might it be
Lemme start from here...Audu was actualy nominated as the APC candidate because he gained ground in Kogi state and he was really popular, not because APC of the state eventually wanna make him go for the govnorship election or because he was a very good man, NO!. And in that case, for them (APC) to win, they need someone who will win the election.

Before his death, though the election wasn't concluded yet, am sure APC won.

Now My View about the incident.

Checking from what happened, we cant say Audu was killed by an opposition party but by his own party. Looking closely, I guess their plan is:
If Audu should win the election, since they actually want his deputy as the gov, the best is to kill Audu, make his deputy be the gov then everything goes fine. But it backfired. The election is inconclusive and I don't think if there is a rerun of the voting (which I don't think there will be), APC might lose ground to PDP I Kogi state.

But my question is still...
WHY WILL THEY WANT HIM DEAD? embarassed
phool if it was the PDP candidate that died you wailers will blame APC. now it's the APC candidate and you idiots are still playing the blame game. are you always this foolish?

9 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by donTbone(m): 8:12am On Nov 23, 2015
Jaideyone:
phool
Grow up man!

1 Like

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by TWOWAYMIRROR: 8:13am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

After Audu's death, I knew it wasn't just 'DEATH', he was killed intentionally. But I asked who might it be
Lemme start from here...Audu was actualy nominated as the APC candidate because he gained ground in Kogi state and he was really popular, not because APC of the state eventually wanna make him go for the govnorship election or because he was a very good man, NO!. And in that case, for them (APC) to win, they need someone who will win the election.

Checking from what happened, we cant say Audu was killed by an opposition party but by his own party. Looking closely, I guess their plan is:
If Audu should win the election, since they actually want his deputy as the gov, the best is to kill Audu, make his deputy be the gov then everything goes fine. But it backfired. The election is inconclusive and I don't think if there is a rerun of the voting (which I don't think there will be), APC might lose ground to PDP I Kogi state.

Very poor...unintelligent...started badly n finished worse
Buy sense!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Jaideyone(m): 8:13am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

Grow up man!
kid you are the one in need of growth. your brain is under developed.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by ceejay80s(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Apc won the election in kogi, so no re-election, the deputy should just take over....
Yaradua no die? Did Gej not take over? Why una no say na pdp kill yaradua? Abeg make una leave story
Apc won so no long story, every man must die someday even all u nairalanders na something go kill una and na one day una go die,
Let his deputy take over from him since its their party that won

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by DONSMITH123(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2015
Jaideyone:
phool if it was the PDP candidate that died you wailers will blame APC. now it's the APC candidate and you idiots are still playing the blame game. are you always this foolish?

GUY SAY SOMETHING GUD
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by DONSMITH123(m): 8:14am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

Grow up man!

let it go....forget him pls..
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by donTbone(m): 8:15am On Nov 23, 2015
Jaideyone:
kid you are the one in need of growth. your brain is under developed.
You need some attention...
And you gotten one... Can you lemme be now! angry

If you hungry and angry, get to the nearest High tension now.
I think that will make it easier!
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Herbeolar(m): 8:15am On Nov 23, 2015
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by donTbone(m): 8:16am On Nov 23, 2015
DONSMITH123:

let it go....forget him pls..
You know man... The last am gonna do is to do e-beefing(if there is any English like that)
grin grin grin grin
I know their type

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by AfroKnight: 8:16am On Nov 23, 2015
Thank God there is precedence from a PDP case. Amaechi did not even contest at the general elections but was sworn in. The same thing must apply here.
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by free2ryhme: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2015
This matter is a constitutional one, since the constitution or electoral law does not provide for this unforeseen situation, the Supreme Court should be asked to provide legal conclusion to the imbroglio.
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

...Audu was just a child of circumstances. He could not have been killed by his party. He died before INEC announced the results. From source, he had been sick since Friday, a day to the election. Too bad he saw his victory. Too bad he did not receive the victory. Too bad you are accusing his party of wrong doing. Too bad, everything is vanity...

6 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by LastProphet: 8:18am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

Audu had stroke before the campaign, he suffered another stroke on Saturday, he has chronic stomach ulcer, he smokes, please who killed him? am Igala o but please don't think everybody is stupid, so if you want to kill audu do you do that during election? they are not getting sworn in till end of January so Will this be the best time to kill him? please keep your yeye suspicions to yourself

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by okpor2(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Lawyers yesterday told the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) that the death of the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) does not invalide the on-going election in the state.

They urged INEC to allow the deputy governorship candidate of the APC, Abiodun Faleke, to conclude the on-going election.

The former Chairman of Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Ikeja Branch, Monday Ubani; a member of the Ogun State Judiciary Service Commission, Abayomi Omoyinmi and a lecturerý of Law at University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka, Wahab Shittu said the process should be concluded.

Ubani said: “Since the Electoral Act didn’t specifically provide for things like this happening in the course of an election, we would have to make recourse to the judicial pronouncement in the case of Rotimi Amaechi where the Supreme Court said in an election, it is the political party that is the beneficiary of election and not the candidate. That is why Amaechi that didn’t contest elections was sworn in.

“In this situation, the deputy governorship candidate would have to step in to conclude the process. If he wins the election, the APC would then decide on another deputy for him”.

According to Ubani, the time to choose a candidate through primary election had lapsed for all the political parties and it is not possible for any of the parties to go for primaries anymore.

Omoyinmi said: “In the eyes of the law, the deputy should ordinarily conclude the re-run election for the office of the governor and it is now left for him to pick a new running mate”.

Omoyinmi said the kind of situation in Kogi was not envisaged.

Shittu said the matter could be viewed from different perspectives.

Shittu said since the election was declared inconclusive, the running mate should be allowed to step in and conclude the process of the supplementary election.

This, he said, has become necessary because the electoral law did not envisage such an incident–Audu’s death.

On the other perspective, he said since it is the ýparty that fields the candidate, and that since the election has turned this way, the party would have to replace the governorship candidate.

“Which means that election might be conducted afresh. The death of a candidate during the process of an election automatically voids the election. It is not a question of an election being inconclusive. The entire electoral process is now altered with the death of the governorship candidate,” he said.

Constitutional lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) Malam Yusuf Ali said the situation in Kogi is “very complex, because the election has been declared inconclusive”.

He said: “If he had won the election outright, it would have been a different matter, but with the way things are, it is very delicate.”

Chief Niyi Akintola (SAN) said: “There can be fresh election. INEC can only conduct supplementary election in the 91 polling units. The death of Audu cannot nullify the election. It was APC that contested the governorship election not Audu as an individual.”

Akintola explained that it is left to the APC to pick another candidate from among those that contested the governorship primary with Audu or ask the deputy governorship candidate, James Faleke to take over.

“The decision lies with the APC,” he added.

The presidential candidate of the United Progressive Party (UPP) in the last general elections, Chief Chekwas Okorie, said it was a very shocking development that threw everybody off-balance.

He said: “ From every indication, it is a political party that wins an election; the result so far released suggests that the people of Kogi State are favourably disposed to an APC government to be in-charge of affairs in the next four years. What it therefore means is that the APC still has a chance, even his death, to govern the state, based on the result already declared.

“So, they should follow up the supplementary election with the same atmosphere of peace that we witnessed in last Saturday’s election. If their choice is the APC, then let the APC rule them in the next four years.”

Cc: lalasticlala

http://thenationonlineng.net/lawyers-to-inec-death-of-apc-candidate-does-not-invalidate-election/
even Boni haruna became d Gov of Adamawa state witout winnin an election.Cos Abubakar Atiku who won was chosen as the running mate to Obasanjo

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Nasige(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Chief Niyi Akintola (SAN) said: “There can be fresh election. INEC can only conduct supplementary election in the 91 polling units. The death of Audu cannot nullify the election. It was APC that contested the governorship election not Audu as an individual.”

Akintola explained that it is left to the APC to pick another candidate from among those that contested the governorship primary with Audu or ask the deputy governorship candidate, James Faleke to take over.

“The decision lies with the APC,” he added.

lets wait and see how it plays out.
Exactly my thought.
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Jaideyone(m): 8:19am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

You need some attention...
And you gotten one... Can you lemme be now! angry

If you hungry and angry, get to the nearest High tension now.
I think that will make it easier!
as$wipe I can feed you comfortably. all I'm trying to say is stop heating up the polity numbskull
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by ademega(m): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2015
o GA oh assuming there is Independent candidate naw... fresh election will come
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by entertainnaija: 8:20am On Nov 23, 2015
na wa o
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 23, 2015
zinachidi:
pls nullify that election, the kogi people voted for audu, not faleke,..
...it's not a one-man ticket. Both Audu and Faleke contested and won. Audu and Faleke represented APC...

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by donTbone(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2015
TWOWAYMIRROR:

Very poor...unintelligent...started badly n finished worse
Buy sense!
Definition of unintelligent is when on dumb guy wanna diss my point of view about a political issue and see it as verypoor. The idiot never pointed out my mistakes neither did he shared his own point of view.

I think that's a proper definition of UNINTELLIGENT
#swerveAsideAbeg
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Justicealh3(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2015
Ok na. If Mr Audu" is the one win the election, possibly His run-mate will take the duties as Governor to run the state.
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by donTbone(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2015
Jaideyone:
as$wipe I can feed you comfortably. all I'm trying to say is stop heating up the polity numbskull
ok...
Are we gud now! tongue
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by otr1(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2015
I don't think those in INEC think otherwise. If they do, then they have no business being in INEC
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by lomprico(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

Because he is a very evil man!
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by cirmuell(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2015
donTbone:

Dang!!! shockedshockedshocked

Bro, here on earth, we are in the year 2015. So, which part of the universe did you say you teleported from again? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by donTbone(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2015
LastProphet:

Audu had stroke before the campaign, he suffered another stroke on Saturday, he has chronic stomach ulcer, he smokes, please who killed him? am Igala o but please don't think everybody is stupid, so if you want to kill audu do you do that during election? they are not getting sworn in till end of January so Will this be the best time to kill him? please keep your yeye suspicions to yourself

I didn't get a point outta wah you just posted! undecided
Kinda confused!
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 23, 2015
steph2sweet:
A fresh election should be conducted
...if the constitution says so. No problem. The Nigerian constitution is written by illiterates and educated illiterates. Since it's written by such folks, this is the scenerio we get....
Re: Lawyers To INEC: Death Of APC Candidate Does Not Invalidate Election by yyeanqah(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2015
End time judgment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Looking Good In New Pictures / Caption This Photo Of Bola Tinubu And Osinbajo / Aviation: Gbajabiamila Walks Out Emefiele’s Representative From Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.